TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 2419, OkaPoka wrote:I also run people up and look for reactions but also i understand that you need to set a bar and if the reaction fails you dont let go. Xtoxm cant clear the bar, hes either scum who hopes he can go too scummy to be scum or hes town that refuses to play, in team mafia. Either way rewarding that isnt correct.
I'm with you up to a certain point. Xtoxms behavior is isolated
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2422, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2417, Hopkirk wrote:I haven't seen your scumgame before.
Links in my wiki and post history for more recent ones.
so what i'm saying
I voted you because hectic said how you react to wagons as scum.
I saw vaguely how you respond to pressure as town last game. you haven't really been pressured this game and are in a lot of the poes i've seen
what's your issue with my vote that i know isn't going to lead to a lethal in the context of your other reads?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:13 am

This game is like a pack of hyenas trying to jam a lynch through without critical thinking and we are lucky we haven't mislynched.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:14 am

In post 2426, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2422, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2417, Hopkirk wrote:I haven't seen your scumgame before.
Links in my wiki and post history for more recent ones.
so what i'm saying
I voted you because hectic said how you react to wagons as scum.
I saw vaguely how you respond to pressure as town last game. you haven't really been pressured this game and are in a lot of the poes i've seen
what's your issue with my vote that i know isn't going to lead to a lethal in the context of your other reads?
OK. If you're not making it up then what did Hectic think I would do if pushed as scum?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:15 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Going to be impossible to beat ythan with a cattleprod if we let go of xtoxm
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

flail basically. ABR is quieter than he used to be. if he's scum he's likely to effortpost more if he gets wagoned. hard to sort before then.

roughly the sentiment
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:16 am

Post by hercule »

In post 2429, OkaPoka wrote:Going to be impossible to beat ythan with a cattleprod if we let go of xtoxm
wdym by this?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

let's say we run up ythan

or winter flakes or literally anyone else that is ABR approved

what's to stop them doing the exact same thing xtoxm is doing now and oh well I guess they must be town time to go wagon everyone else for 8 days
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

what i don't understand is that you've said i play 'like you' defined that as 'wagon people to see how they react' then seem surprised i was happy to wagon you (while you were in my poe).
why didn't you have an issue with me while you were in my poe? why only now

(@abr)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:19 am

In post 2432, Dannflor wrote:let's say we run up ythan

what's to stop them doing the exact same thing xtoxm is doing now and oh well I guess they must be town time to go wagon everyone else for 8 days
Xtoxm behavior is isolated. People came to compete and play not to be fucking lurker in Team Mafia, whats the glory in dragging everybody down or winning that way?
In post 2430, Hopkirk wrote:flail basically. ABR is quieter than he used to be. if he's scum he's likely to effortpost more if he gets wagoned. hard to sort before then.

roughly the sentiment
Ok your vote makes more sense then.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

not only this but if we drop xtoxm and i go around trying to build a wagon on ythan because ythan isn't really playing the game, everyone will be like well xtoxm is playing it less why we are moving? I'll have to respond either with some bullshit or the truth, pressure ythan and hope that he plays.

if ythan is scum or even town, understandably he is not actually under any pressure because at the end of the day he can ignore us and realize the wagon will collapse and we will regroup on xtoxm.

pressure can't exist for the sake of pressure, there must be a realistic chance that they can die. its why so often people misread scum for not flinching under pressure from early day wagons, because scum know that town are too scared to end days early and will dissolve for new things.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:21 am

In post 2433, Hopkirk wrote:what i don't understand is that you've said i play 'like you' defined that as 'wagon people to see how they react' then seem surprised i was happy to wagon you (while you were in my poe).
why didn't you have an issue with me while you were in my poe? why only now

(@abr)
I gave my gut reaction, but you are correct obviously. Doesn't take out the sting of the feeling of a backstab.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:23 am

In post 2435, OkaPoka wrote:

not only this but if we drop xtoxm and i go around trying to build a wagon on ythan because ythan isn't really playing the game, everyone will be like well xtoxm is playing it less why we are moving? I'll have to respond either with some bullshit or the truth, pressure ythan and hope that he plays.

if ythan is scum or even town, understandably he is not actually under any pressure because at the end of the day he can ignore us and realize the wagon will collapse and we will regroup on xtoxm.

pressure can't exist for the sake of pressure, there must be a realistic chance that they can die. its why so often people misread scum for not flinching under pressure from early day wagons, because scum know that town are too scared to end days early and will dissolve for new things.
Pressure always exists for the sake of pressure, this is mafia, human behavior is unpredictable and the chance of it going through always exists.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:24 am

Post by hercule »

sure, that's fair. I just like competing wagons and wanted to prod ABR to see if he's willing to take action or if he's all talk. And I would yeet either of Ythan or Xtoxm if I was granted a instantaneous mandatory dayvig so it's playing with house money
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:25 am

There must be debate. You can't just have me nominating someone and then 8 votes come swinging like you've done the past 3 wagons. The point is in the taking sides, if we all agree then either the entire scum team is bussing or they are laughing at us for both voting wrong and also keeping their hands completely clean effortlessly.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:26 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2437, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Pressure always exists for the sake of pressure, this is mafia, human behavior is unpredictable and the chance of it going through always exists.
disagree and you should to

I've rolled scum at times and had wagons build on me and I could play it cool because I knew they weren't actually going to kill me. And then I got townread for it. I've "bussed" teammates in situations that would've lost me the game and gotten townread for it, because I knew it wouldn't follow through. Pressure is not pressure unless you are willing to pull the trigger. I think xtoxm is gambling on us dissolving on him with how he is playing this one out
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:26 am

Post by hercule »

In post 2439, Albert B. Rampage wrote:There must be debate. You can't just have me nominating someone and then 8 votes come swinging like you've done the past 3 wagons. The point is in the taking sides, if we all agree then either the entire scum team is bussing or they are laughing at us for both voting wrong and also keeping their hands completely clean effortlessly.
ok, what do you want to debate?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:29 am

In post 2440, OkaPoka wrote:I've rolled scum at times and had wagons build on me and I could play it cool because I knew they weren't actually going to kill me. And then I got townread for it. I've "bussed" teammates in situations that would've lost me the game and gotten townread for it, because I knew it wouldn't follow through. Pressure is not pressure unless you are willing to pull the trigger. I think xtoxm is gambling on us dissolving on him with how he is playing this one out
You might be right on that. I've never seen anything spectacular from xtoxm either way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:30 am

In post 2441, hercule wrote:ok, what do you want to debate?
You're not going to be able to lynch me buddy. I will eat your soul.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:32 am

Post by hercule »

In post 2443, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2441, hercule wrote:ok, what do you want to debate?
You're not going to be able to lynch me buddy. I will eat your soul.
I'm fucking trying to have a dialogue with you here
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:32 am

VOTE: Ythan

Reason: he's voting AGar and dropping in to make trivia comments in the middle of this shitstorm.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:34 am

In post 2444, hercule wrote:I'm fucking trying to have a dialogue with you here
You jumped on my bandwagon the first chance you saw, don't play games
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I'd be willing to put pressure on ythan if not for the fact that I've already undermined my ability to put pressure on ythan while xtoxm is alive.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2397, Albert B. Rampage wrote:AGAR WAS INSTANTLY AT L-2 AND HE WAS TOWN
XTOXM AT L-1
ME AT 8 VOTES
How would you know 2 of these are town? The rest of us don't know your alignment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:35 am

In post 2447, OkaPoka wrote:I'd be willing to put pressure on ythan if not for the fact that I've already undermined my ability to put pressure on ythan while xtoxm is alive.
Good.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”