TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

so if xtoxm is scum and winter flakes is town why hasn't there been any attempt to counterwagon onto WF from anyone? i think i could like 7-8 people who've made comments at WF being scum and there's consistently been a couple of votes on them all game but there's never really been an active wagon there? it feels like people are reading them as consensus scum but like nobody wants to start a vote there
In post 2177, mastina wrote:
In post 2172, Winter Flakes wrote:not sure why ABR is being wagoned
Infinity and I both think he's pre townie
When ABR flips town y'all are gonna need to look at posts like this and realize this is scum sitting on the sidelines letting the town eliminate town without actually trying to stop it.
nobody is voting Winter Flakes
In post 2179, OkaPoka wrote:yes winter flakes is in everyone's poe as well
why is nobody voting Winter Flakes. why is xtoxm's scumteam not even considering it?

In post 2181, Winter Flakes wrote:I'm kinda partial to Hopkirk atm (might be conf!bias but i'm just pretty sure he's town here) so his vote, while I don't like it, is something I'm willing to look by

infinity thinks dann is scummy and that vote definitely adds to that for me
why are you partial to me? what are Ydrasse/Infinity/Kanna thinking here too? what are their thoughts in general
you can probably tell from me having recently voted/sussed like 4-5 people with townreads on me that i'm really concerned about being buddied right now (like i said at the end of the game where we just played where i was musing on the FL slot's buddying of me, but like not quite that scenario)
In post 2182, Cephrir wrote:winter flakes continues to be scum, surprising no one
so. many. people.
like so many people scumread WF. a ton of other people have him in assorted POEs. there were a couple of people on WF during the bigger wagons.
unless the scumteam is like... mostly not even here... then why has town!WF never been the subject of even a probing wagon?
In post 2212, AGar wrote:This is me, pointing out that mastina has read the first 14 pages, then turboskipped to engaging with the current events of the thread starting with page 76, is wholly uninformed on huge chunks of the gamestate, and yet is handing out "locktown-townblock" and "lockscum" reads while continuing to engage in the ongoing discussion in a central way, thereby centering herself in the discussion, generating more conversation and current discussion to get into (which right now is arguing in circles because it's more convenient to deliberately get into a shitspat with Oka) and further delaying her actually going back, continuing to get caught up, and rounding out her reads. After replacing into a JV slot that disengaged in what was an almost deliberate manner, reread Pages 1-10 like three fucking times and kept giving reads on those on page like fucking 50, and was generally shifty and dodgy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mastina
In post 2201, mastina wrote:
In post 858, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Titus fine with this
Like, IV voted Titus here, in 858.
Titus townread IV in 1079.

Xtoxm said that he townreads Titus for townreading IV for scumreading Titus--which...Titus did, and IV did, exactly the way Xtoxm described.
If you had read up, you would understand that Titus wasn't caught up on the game at that point in time, and was giving out a read without that information. Oka has explained this to you. But it's more convenient for your "reads" to continue to engage in a bad faith argument and intentionally misunderstand what Oka is saying than to go back and read up.
maybe it's because i didn't read the entire post, but this felt commentary and idk why that makes Mastina scum?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

xtoxm and winterflakes are not necessarily unaligned

i think they have s/s equity
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

i tried voting him a while back and no one cared. i don't think i could make a very compelling case
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2471, Dannflor wrote:why is the worst being randomly thrown into people's scum lists
Because he's kinda null?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2102, hercule wrote:Xtoxm is never escaping the POE this game. ABR is being actively scummy, in the thread, right now. I'm fine if they are the competing wagons, people should just vote who they think is mafia
You are probably scum if this is t v t.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i honestly think it's near impossible to form a legit alternative wagon to xtoxm and abr because creating a compelling day 1 case is incredibly hard and usually requires a mix of policy desire and hand wringing. but xtoxm and abr do have legitimate and compelling cases against them with the votes and appetite to kill so their very existence does quell legitimate discussion of other slots to an extent.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:20 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2475, Hopkirk wrote:maybe it's because i didn't read the entire post, but this felt commentary and idk why that makes Mastina scum?
Come again?

Getting really miffed at people going "I didn't read AGar's whole post but what does AGar's post mean?"

Like, since I'm specifically focusing on Hopkirk, were you not just saying earlier that "everything you post is for a reason?" Do you not think everything I post serves a fucking purpose? At least show some basic fucking respect and actually read my fucking posts or don't fucking engage. Jesus christ, this game has been infuriating and half of it is because I feel like I'm screaming into the void because I don't take 3 sentences and turn them into seventeen god damn fucking posts. I've made my points - I feel they're salient. I haven't been fucking challenged on them or pushed in any legitimate manner outside of DGB's engagement because everyone just keeps qualifying their response with "I didn't read AGar's entire post." READ THE ENTIRE FUCKING POST. I'm putting reads out there and every time I'm asked to clarify or expand it's SOMETHING I ALREADY FUCKING SAID but y'all are too lazy to read one paragraph. It's not like I'm fucking wallposting.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2151, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2143, Dannflor wrote:he's scummy but like ??? it's day 1 in a large if either of you flipped town I would be frustrated but not surprised
ABR popping in to say xtoxm is town right before the elim is probably not scum-scum
Agreed.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Ythan »

Page 100 gang
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2424, hercule wrote:
In post 2423, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2421, hercule wrote:@ABR what's your take on mastina or Ythan? I would vote either. I've made that clear as well. I'm not even sure who you are classifying as "running the show"
Mastin town Ythan dont know
ok well if you want to vote outside of Xtoxm, you can have my vote on Ythan. Other than that I'm not really sure what you are expecting as far as having people push outside, that's kind of a nebulous request. You're not relegated to the sidelines, you're just suggesting to make better bandwagons without giving any targets or reasons
What a joke lol
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2265, hercule wrote:honestly I'm vibing with Agar, I can't really align my brain with mastina at all and I would want to give her a pass and say she's not caught up, but at this point everyone has told her that and she is willfully ignoring it. Sometimes you just gotta vote scummy people and not make excuses for them. I feel the same way about ABR, I feel the same way about Xtoxm, I think they both reacted poorly to their wagons. I'll vote any of those three. I'll vote Ythan as well. That's where I'm at. If this day continues I will just keep sorting, I am not really in a hurry to end it but it seems to have intensified, so that's the four people I would vote in atm.
maybe i'm seventh impostering but i feel like my read is flipping on your slot?
In post 2275, unwnd wrote:
In post 2270, Ythan wrote:Does anyone else feel like everyone is using the word vibe this game
I vibe with this
Big vibes
In post 2278, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2265, hercule wrote:honestly I'm vibing with Agar, I can't really align my brain with mastina at all and I would want to give her a pass and say she's not caught up, but at this point everyone has told her that and she is willfully ignoring it. Sometimes you just gotta vote scummy people and not make excuses for them. I feel the same way about ABR, I feel the same way about Xtoxm, I think they both reacted poorly to their wagons. I'll vote any of those three. I'll vote Ythan as well. That's where I'm at. If this day continues I will just keep sorting, I am not really in a hurry to end it but it seems to have intensified, so that's the four people I would vote in atm.
This is a town post

Winter flakes doesn't look scummy to me from the past few pages. I guess this is a difference in tone reading.
it is? can you talk to me more about it
In post 2311, Dannflor wrote:Ehhh

I need to reread the last few pages where they popped in without the obscuring force of extreme annoyance

I was very close to asking for a vibe check on that slot but realized that was probably just the OMGUS in me talking
can you review
In post 2320, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 2310, OkaPoka wrote:how does everyone feel on winter flake btw? i want to kill that slot a lot too
"hey guys i'm not sure how this slot is perceived and i dont wanna push him myself buuuuuut if i can get support and not get solely blamed for when he flips green, i'd really appreciate it."

ok BUDDY
how come you didn't comment when Oka said the same thing about a pivot to ABR? that's the same thing
In post 2481, AGar wrote:
In post 2475, Hopkirk wrote:maybe it's because i didn't read the entire post, but this felt commentary and idk why that makes Mastina scum?
Come again?

Getting really miffed at people going "I didn't read AGar's whole post but what does AGar's post mean?"

Like, since I'm specifically focusing on Hopkirk, were you not just saying earlier that "everything you post is for a reason?" Do you not think everything I post serves a fucking purpose? At least show some basic fucking respect and actually read my fucking posts or don't fucking engage. Jesus christ, this game has been infuriating and half of it is because I feel like I'm screaming into the void because I don't take 3 sentences and turn them into seventeen god damn fucking posts. I've made my points - I feel they're salient. I haven't been fucking challenged on them or pushed in any legitimate manner outside of DGB's engagement because everyone just keeps qualifying their response with "I didn't read AGar's entire post." READ THE ENTIRE FUCKING POST. I'm putting reads out there and every time I'm asked to clarify or expand it's SOMETHING I ALREADY FUCKING SAID but y'all are too lazy to read one paragraph. It's not like I'm fucking wallposting.
i said 'everything i post is for a reason' in an exaggerated manner then made a post immediately afterwards saying 'a good reason' as a joke that the second post wasn't being made with a good reason. that one may not have landed, but not all my jokes do. some of them just become satellites

based on my general tone, from what you've observed this game do you think i hadn't actually read your entire post, or was i saying i hadn't in a somewhat jokey way while having read the post- wanting to see how you took the comment?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2277, unwnd wrote:AGar coming in and saying 'this mastina nonsense' is actually scummy and like my heart wants to believe it

But I'm not sure if the brain agrees..
Join me in feeling Agar is scummy
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:29 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2480, OkaPoka wrote:i honestly think it's near impossible to form a legit alternative wagon to xtoxm and abr because creating a compelling day 1 case is incredibly hard and usually requires a mix of policy desire and hand wringing. but xtoxm and abr do have legitimate and compelling cases against them with the votes and appetite to kill so their very existence does quell legitimate discussion of other slots to an extent.
another way to think about it:

cases don't exist for the person writing the case but exist for others who don't share the same gutread. xtoxm and abr both have solid enough d1 cases where people are willing to vote them above initial gut-read to the point where they can legitimately die. this scenario is not a common occurrence in 18p day 1s, a legitimate counterwagon either requires 10 people to sync up their guts (<1% odds) or someone to write up a legitimate case, which as it stands, no case is going to beat the xtoxm and abr cases unless the picture changes. so the fact that they are alive is going to dampen the effects of actually pressing slots like winter flakes, like ythan unless you can write a better case. but again the d1 problem arises where getting a better case is probably not going to happen, and getting 10 people to sync up their feelings is probably not going to happen.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:29 am

So I got two team mates active on Discord right now, one of whom is whacked out from wisdom teeth extraction, and the other one who isn't.

Whacked out team mate
thinks this is ABR's town meta but is not sure.

Sober team mate
thinks that ABR could fake frustration like this as scum, especially while being run up. He says that guilting the town is a very effective countermeasure to shake off a wagon, paraphrasing ABR's behavior as
"You're all ruining mafia for me because you're all so bad."

Sober team mate also judges Ythan to be deserving of human euthanasia (paraphrasing!) for his red role PM, but at the same time claims that this would not advance the game state a whole lot, to which I replied, who cares, a red flip is good enough for me. And then he specifies that it only applies if a miselim. OK, I get it! My personal opinion is that I don't care about whether a yeet is good for the gamestate or not.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2278, Dunnstral wrote:
This is a town post

Winter flakes doesn't look scummy to me from the past few pages. I guess this is a difference in tone reading.
Hercule may just be scum with Agar and Ythan or Agar might be his pocket.

Mastina's scumreads have all started to attack and scumread her.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2488, DrippingGoofball wrote:So I got two team mates active on Discord right now, one of whom is whacked out from wisdom teeth extraction, and the other one who isn't.

Whacked out team mate
thinks this is ABR's town meta but is not sure.

Sober team mate
thinks that ABR could fake frustration like this as scum, especially while being run up. He says that guilting the town is a very effective countermeasure to shake off a wagon, paraphrasing ABR's behavior as
"You're all ruining mafia for me because you're all so bad."

Sober team mate also judges Ythan to be deserving of human euthanasia (paraphrasing!) for his red role PM, but at the same time claims that this would not advance the game state a whole lot, to which I replied, who cares, a red flip is good enough for me. And then he specifies that it only applies if a miselim. OK, I get it! My personal opinion is that I don't care about whether a yeet is good for the gamestate or not.
creature thinks?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:31 am

In post 2479, Titus wrote:
In post 2102, hercule wrote:Xtoxm is never escaping the POE this game. ABR is being actively scummy, in the thread, right now. I'm fine if they are the competing wagons, people should just vote who they think is mafia
You are probably scum if this is t v t.
What?

How could anyone think that Ythan isn't escaping POE, or that ABR is not being at least deserving of re-examination?

Did you have your wisdom teeth extracted this morning? LOL

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 am

In post 2490, OkaPoka wrote: creature thinks?
Creature is MIA.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Herc/Agar/WF would any of you put your vote down on one of the other people in that group of 3?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 am

Post by OkaPoka »

sadness tell creature i want his thoughts D:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 am

In post 2480, OkaPoka wrote:i honestly think it's near impossible to form a legit alternative wagon to xtoxm and abr because creating a compelling day 1 case is incredibly hard and usually requires a mix of policy desire and hand wringing. but xtoxm and abr do have legitimate and compelling cases against them with the votes and appetite to kill so their very existence does quell legitimate discussion of other slots to an extent.
Ythan is a legit alternative.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2317, unwnd wrote:You know what

Before mastina gets back

VOTE: Xtoxm
This is frustrating as fuck. I am literally on the same wavelength as mastina and likely am stuck with my vote now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 am

Post by hercule »

@Hopkirk I think you might just be misinterpreting my feelings towards Winter Flakes. I don't think I've ever had a hard scumread on them, it was more that my teammates thought they are a bit scummy and that they should be pressured, especially peta said they would obvtown and that still hasn't happened. I voted WF just because it felt like a good place for pressure. Now we're at a point of the day where I don't want to vote anyone unless I would be okay with flipping them. I agree that I should spend more time on WF, sooner rather than later
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 am

In post 2494, OkaPoka wrote:sadness tell creature i want his thoughts D:
I transmitted your request.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2495, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Ythan is a legit alternative.
i think ythan is a sinner but xtoxm is a greater sinner is the issue you know

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”