He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1019, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1011, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1008, TheGoldenParadox wrote:yeah, agree with shea that ico is town here.
i hate to read her like this, but the way she is going off on people who scumread her this game makes me suspect nancy's town too, although i hate that that kind of behavior earns nancy a townread because it's toxic and antitown.
I don't understand what has changed between now and when you were scum leaning. She's been playing this way the entire time. This also goes back to my question about why you were being so meek earlier which I don't think you answered.
her going off on Ico changed.
me being meek? i don't understand
How is the ico read substantively different from her other interactions with players in the thread who suggested she might be less than completely townie? It seems the same to me.

And my original question wrt: meekness is this:
In post 875, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 870, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 863, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 861, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
noraa said that in general, she's not good at reading you and can locktown you when you're not town so. ~TGP
Oka asked that you link any and all games where this has occurred, which to my knowledge is 0.
Better yet, find an actual game we were both in where Noraa was town and I was scum, which also to my knowledge is also 0.
alright, i'm going to go with no. you asked me what my teammate thinks, i gave you what my teammate said. i have no idea if what she said is reliable or factual, and in general am not a fan of bringing teammates' reads into games and attributing it to them because i think it's an incredibly convenient cover for scum to hide behind. you're being hostile and aggressive this game towards me for what i judge to be no reason, which is partially why i am at a slight scum lean on you. i have reevaluated - this is where i'm at. i'm trying to hunt and solve, and you're making it difficult. this isn't a personal thing or anything - i have a shitton of respect for you and think you are incredibly cool - but at the moment, i'm scumleaning you because the way you have been reacting to me voting you does not seem entirely like genuine townie frustration. is that reasonable?
this seems like an incredibly diplomatic way to say "I think you're scum" that doesn't really jive with how I generally approach my scum reads nor does it jive with how I've seen TGP approach their scum reads in other games.

Which is to say, why are you being so meek here?
Basically I thought the tonality of your post was very strange, do you disagree?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1024, BBmolla wrote:I feel like this game is pretty fucking easy if we just elim the hard to read players
Would you include yourself in this group? Why/why not?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:14 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1026, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1024, BBmolla wrote:I feel like this game is pretty fucking easy if we just elim the hard to read players
Would you include yourself in this group? Why/why not?
I think there are multiple players who can competently read me

But if it becomes that big of an issue we can explore it

We're a very divided town atm, I don't disagree with Ram possibly being scum, but he's got a whole hell of a lot more town equity atm then say DEB

I can elaborate if you don't see how I could see Ram as town
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

My response to "Why not X instead of DEB" is always "X is fine too, but X I can read given time, DEB I cannot."
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I could see ram as town for sure, I just don't think he is. I'm always interested in hearing what people think wrt my reads though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:16 am

Post by BBmolla »

That being said I won't refuse a TGP elim, I continue to be unimpressed with their posting, so if need be I'll hop back that way for unity
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1022, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1020, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1018, Thestatusquo wrote:Like I called you out on having no substance at all and then you decided that the best response was to suggest that I also have no substance as if that is some kind of defense. Meanwhile, we're on page 41, you still have not been able to showcase even baseline scum hunting. Who is scum? You have an opinion on me but I think I've seen you give maybe one other opinion on anyone the entire game and it was completely surface level. Once again, here you are, only popping up when I'm talking about you and at no other time. Giving no other opinions. Not trying to find scum in any meaningful sense.
For starters, I'm saying that Alkarin piggybacking you is very susp

What are yours not surface level reads? Also, did Cheetory said anything else about me after telling you that I would've voted you as a town there?
Last time I gave team reads you jumped on me about it, so I'm not particularly inclined to think you're asking this question in good faith.
So, no reads of yours, excuse to not give a read of your teammate which I ask for 3rd time already. How I'm supposed to have a content, if you refuse to answer anything?
Tact is for liars and politicians.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I need a better idea of what is "unreadable" in your opinion in this player list.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

TSQ I think you're town and I have no problem with your reads, I think your scumhunting is useful not only for you but to help me read the players

That's why I'm sort of laid back tbh

But yeah Ramcius is at a point where I don't really want to elim them today, I'm still sorting akarin/TGP/DEB and would prefer exploring any of those further
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1031, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1022, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1020, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1018, Thestatusquo wrote:Like I called you out on having no substance at all and then you decided that the best response was to suggest that I also have no substance as if that is some kind of defense. Meanwhile, we're on page 41, you still have not been able to showcase even baseline scum hunting. Who is scum? You have an opinion on me but I think I've seen you give maybe one other opinion on anyone the entire game and it was completely surface level. Once again, here you are, only popping up when I'm talking about you and at no other time. Giving no other opinions. Not trying to find scum in any meaningful sense.
For starters, I'm saying that Alkarin piggybacking you is very susp

What are yours not surface level reads? Also, did Cheetory said anything else about me after telling you that I would've voted you as a town there?
Last time I gave team reads you jumped on me about it, so I'm not particularly inclined to think you're asking this question in good faith.
So, no reads of yours, excuse to not give a read of your teammate which I ask for 3rd time already. How I'm supposed to have a content, if you refuse to answer anything?
Read my iso if you want my reads. They're there. Tons of them. Anyone in this game could tell you that the claim I haven't given reads is laughable.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

DEB is the only one who I feel is truly unreadable in the sense that they literally always seem like scum to me

everyone else given time I feel like can be sorted pretty easily?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

"How am I supposed to have content."

idk dude read the fuckin' thread and then say what you think about things that happen in it? Like, idk play mafia? You haven't been so far.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:20 am

Post by BBmolla »

Oh yeah Zor's fucking huge post sucked so even despite their claim I wouldn't be opposed to their elim
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:20 am

Post by BBmolla »

Zor if you're town can you just like come and converse with us? Like pick a night and I'll be here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1035, BBmolla wrote:DEB is the only one who I feel is truly unreadable in the sense that they literally always seem like scum to me

Ok but your post made it sound like there was a whole pile of unreadable players that we should go through in order to win. It seems to me that you're saying something much smaller than that, which is just "I can't read DEB." which seems lazy and bad to me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:25 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1039, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1035, BBmolla wrote:DEB is the only one who I feel is truly unreadable in the sense that they literally always seem like scum to me

Ok but your post made it sound like there was a whole pile of unreadable players that we should go through in order to win. It seems to me that you're saying something much smaller than that, which is just "I can't read DEB." which seems lazy and bad to me.
I think I just veered directions halfway through discussion

There's a large number of players in this game that I think are fairly easy to read, if we get rid of the ones that are harder to read (DEB, akarin, TGP, Zor) the game becomes a lot clearer.

DEB tops that list because nothing DEB ever indicates their alignment to me

I guess my point with that is I don't think Ramcius is going to be that difficult to read say day 2/3 and hence why I'd rather sort them once we flip one of the harder to reads.

And also to get ico and nancy off each other
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Mistyx »

molla probably town
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:28 am

Post by BBmolla »

Mistyx - Town
Iconeum - Town
TheGoldenParadox - ?

Nancy Drew 39 - Town
Flavor Leaf - Town (grain of salt though)
Pine12 - Town
thestatusquo - Town
Ramcius - Town enough for day 1

NorwegianboyEE - Town
zoraster1 - Townish for ~reasons but posting is so awful

BBMolla - Town
Dr Easy Bake1 - ?

Akarin1 - ?

where I'm at atm

don't give my posts too much credence I just needed to organize my thoughts
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 am

Post by BBmolla »

Pine please come back I so enjoyed your posts
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm just almost never up for the "lets elim the lurker" though it sounds to me like you're suggesting that DEB is more similar to someone like Not_mafia (who I can't stand playing with) than a traditional lurker.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 1042, BBmolla wrote:Mistyx - Town
Iconeum - Town
TheGoldenParadox - ?

Nancy Drew 39 - Town
Pine12 - Town
thestatusquo - Town

NorwegianboyEE - Town

BBMolla - Town
Dr Easy Bake1 - ?

Akarin1 - ?

where I'm at atm

whats with the 1s and 2s
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1044, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm just almost never up for the "lets elim the lurker" though it sounds to me like you're suggesting that DEB is more similar to someone like Not_mafia (who I can't stand playing with) than a traditional lurker.
From what i've seen of DEB's scumplay they almost never make AI posts, it's mostly just hammering wagons and coming up with fake guilties. Like that's all they do.
If they play differently as town i'd love to hear it.
But yeah i'm not feeling great about the slot so far.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1045, Mistyx wrote:
In post 1042, BBmolla wrote:Mistyx - Town
Iconeum - Town
TheGoldenParadox - ?

Nancy Drew 39 - Town
Pine12 - Town
thestatusquo - Town

NorwegianboyEE - Town

BBMolla - Town
Dr Easy Bake1 - ?

Akarin1 - ?

where I'm at atm

whats with the 1s and 2s
I assume prod counts I copied the list from the opening post
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Mistyx »

o

that makes infinitely more sense than it being you trying to keep track of your scumteam
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1044, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm just almost never up for the "lets elim the lurker" though it sounds to me like you're suggesting that DEB is more similar to someone like Not_mafia (who I can't stand playing with) than a traditional lurker.
That's the case from what I've seen but I'm sure others here have played with DEB more than I have

fun fact though, me, Flavor Leaf and DEB know each other irl

Despite that I don't have magic powers to somehow read DEB lel

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”