Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2691, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2686, staypositivefriend wrote:admittedly, spring breeze's claim looks towny in a vacuum

the issue is that i struggle to see the town intent behind hard softing a PR, knowing full well that it could give mafia information based on the way people reacted to it, only to retract the soft and claim a vanilla-esque role

it seems anti-town at best

i will say that my confidence in a SB scum world got shook a little bit, but i just dont understand how anybody playing from a town mindset would make that kind of play
like this first line:

"townie in a vacuum" is saying its townie, but only without the other things

then you go into "townie intent" but what's the scum intent?

Why can't she just be frustrated with the game state and being screamed at and just wanted people to give her some space to gather her thoughts?

anti-town at best the third line, its like saying its kanna's fault for messing up the way she claimed so even if she flips green here it's not your fault for mis-reading her, it's her fault for messing up here claim.

the final line is more hedging - and saying you can't see how a townie mindset could play like this as if the qualifier is on her to play to an exact townie model.

like people are people.

people are not robots.

people do not play exactly the correct line of play every time.

especially someone sensitive like Kanna who is getting attacked with unrelenting pressure.

So I don't see how you can be this unsympathetic and not see how she could possibly mess up.
and why can't she be scum collasping under pressure and playing incoherently
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2616, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 2555, Noraa wrote:
In post 2550, Spring Breeze wrote:compulsive fruit vendor selling dixie red peaches
Stop this wagon asap. I'm 99% sure this claim is real.
I agree but fruit vendor can 100% be a mafia role
And most likely, Spring is claiming one of her partner's role. She wanted to fakeclaim something strong and they probably told her that the best shot to save herself was claiming something weak and showing herself like she accepts her destiny. Don't fall for this, we got our claim, now get read of her. She softclaimed a PR. She's lying.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2689, Noraa wrote:I don't think he needs to tbh. Sometimes you just know because there's a soul bond!
I mean anyone who says they're 100% confident in anything is deluding themself, first of all.

And second of all, that's not how knowledge works. You can't know something for no reason. Even if he is right, that's no guarantee that Kanna wouldn't have been able to do what she did as scum.

Also, using as a serious justification is... kinda creepy, honestly. I assumed that the flirting that Pooky and Kanna did was mostly just joking, but this reads like it's serious, and if it's serious then it definitely has no place here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2700, Gypyx wrote:and why can't she be scum collasping under pressure and playing incoherently
Do you think town!kanna could possibly play like this?

I'm not even arguing my townread of her anymore. I'm arguing with the fact SPF is saying there's no way a town player could play this way.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2692, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2580, Noraa wrote:Anyways we don't need to end day early and I want to town case kanna. Everyone should probs look elsewhere for a bit. I mean we got a claim and all. No need to rush the day.
This is exactly why Noraa is scum with Spring
XD what?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2634, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Ok let's just flip Kanna I think it's fine.
If Cake is scum and she is town he will still be here tomorrow.
Sorry Noraa, but let's prevent this from becoming a huge mess of a D1 like Death Curse and flip the maybe scum early. Would have saved us a ton of effort in Death Curse too.
And worst case scenario we're flipping a VT. Anyone wanting to derail this shit is scum
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 am

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 2691, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2686, staypositivefriend wrote:admittedly, spring breeze's claim looks towny in a vacuum

the issue is that i struggle to see the town intent behind hard softing a PR, knowing full well that it could give mafia information based on the way people reacted to it, only to retract the soft and claim a vanilla-esque role

it seems anti-town at best

i will say that my confidence in a SB scum world got shook a little bit, but i just dont understand how anybody playing from a town mindset would make that kind of play
like this first line:

"townie in a vacuum" is saying its townie, but only without the other things

then you go into "townie intent" but what's the scum intent?

Why can't she just be frustrated with the game state and being screamed at and just wanted people to give her some space to gather her thoughts?

anti-town at best the third line, its like saying its kanna's fault for messing up the way she claimed so even if she flips green here it's not your fault for mis-reading her, it's her fault for messing up here claim.

the final line is more hedging - and saying you can't see how a townie mindset could play like this as if the qualifier is on her to play to an exact townie model.

like people are people.

people are not robots.

people do not play exactly the correct line of play every time.

especially someone sensitive like Kanna who is getting attacked with unrelenting pressure.

So I don't see how you can be this unsympathetic and not see how she could possibly mess up.
i don't know why you're accusing me of being unsympathetic toward kanna for pointing out that her actions are objectively anti-town regardless of her alignment

and no, anti-town does not always = scum. it's possible for SB to be town that genuinely just wanted to get the pressure off of her, and that's something i acknowledge. i empathize with the position of having a lot of pressure on you and feeling the need to pull it off

but which answer requires the least amount of assumptions?

1. SB is scum that decided to hard soft PR under pressure because she thought it would look towny

2. SB is town that decided to hard soft PR under pressure because she was annoyed at the pressure on her and she wanted people to back off?

2 is a possibility, but it requires significantly more logical hoops to jump through to understand the mindset - whereas 1 is the obvious explanation that's true in
most
scenarios like this

i'm willing to consider kanna as town, but i'm not going to townread her for doing something town-indicative, or just because i feel bad for the pressure she's under

the burden of proof is on you to explain why this type of mindset is town indicative, rather than explaining why the mindset MIGHT come from town
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2641, Noraa wrote:
In post 2640, Gamma Emerald wrote:Noraa if you could go into more detail about how you see kanna's play as similar to yours that would help me see your point better? I want to know what about kanna's playstyle or the circumstances of this game make you feel like she's in a similar position to you.
Softed a strong pr to bait nk when she was starting to get into a tough position. Hesitates when claiming the real thing which is actually super weak. Isn't that exactly what I did?
She was not "starting to get in a tough position", she was practically doomed and desperate
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 am

In post 2703, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2700, Gypyx wrote:and why can't she be scum collasping under pressure and playing incoherently

I'm not even arguing my townread of her anymore. I'm arguing with the fact SPF is saying there's no way a town player could play this way.
i didn't say that. i did say that the type of mindset behind SB's claim is
difficult
for me to understand from a town mindset
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:41 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2706, staypositivefriend wrote:the burden of proof is on you to explain why this type of mindset is town indicative, rather than explaining why the mindset MIGHT come from town
I didn't say it was town indicative.

I'm saying the way you are framing this feels very political - as if you are trying to excuse her green flip on her misplay rather than you mis-reading her.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am

In post 2709, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2706, staypositivefriend wrote:the burden of proof is on you to explain why this type of mindset is town indicative, rather than explaining why the mindset MIGHT come from town
I didn't say it was town indicative.

I'm saying the way you are framing this feels very political - as if you are trying to excuse her green flip on her misplay rather than you mis-reading her.
that's not what i'm doing. if she is a green flip, then i fully own up & acknowledge to misreading her, and it wouldn't be her fault
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am

In post 2705, Pink Ball wrote:Anyone wanting to derail this shit is scum
I, uh, I hate to break it to you, but there are too many people doing it for that to be the case.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2701, Pink Ball wrote:And most likely, Spring is claiming one of her partner's role. She wanted to fakeclaim something strong and they probably told her that the best shot to save herself was claiming something weak and showing herself like she accepts her destiny. Don't fall for this, we got our claim, now get read of her. She softclaimed a PR. She's lying.
.............................wtf
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2703, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

maybe, but i'm not seeing the odds tilt in that direction
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2711, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2705, Pink Ball wrote:Anyone wanting to derail this shit is scum
I, uh, I hate to break it to you, but there are too many people doing it for that to be the case.
I only see Noraa doing it
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2702, Something_Smart wrote:I mean anyone who says they're 100% confident in anything is deluding themself, first of all.

And second of all, that's not how knowledge works. You can't know something for no reason. Even if he is right, that's no guarantee that Kanna wouldn't have been able to do what she did as scum.

Also, using 2061 as a serious justification is... kinda creepy, honestly. I assumed that the flirting that Pooky and Kanna did was mostly just joking, but this reads like it's serious, and if it's serious then it definitely has no place here.
I had one person who I could read really well and it just started itself. It was a soul bond.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I'm going V/LA until monday, I'll try to keep up and post whenever I can but with Noraa flooding the thread with posts like "xD" and "wtf" I hope we just get the elimination and take a break
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2707, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2641, Noraa wrote:
In post 2640, Gamma Emerald wrote:Noraa if you could go into more detail about how you see kanna's play as similar to yours that would help me see your point better? I want to know what about kanna's playstyle or the circumstances of this game make you feel like she's in a similar position to you.
Softed a strong pr to bait nk when she was starting to get into a tough position. Hesitates when claiming the real thing which is actually super weak. Isn't that exactly what I did?
She was not "starting to get in a tough position", she was practically doomed and desperate
Ok that only makes it better. This was how I softed strong pr in the two town games where I wasn't strong pr. Because I was doomed and I wanted to soft pr, survive til night and get nk'ed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am

In post 2701, Pink Ball wrote:And most likely, Spring is claiming one of her partner's role.
I disagree, because she claimed to send a specific kind of peaches, so if that's a partner's role, then that partner is going to be screwed when massclaim comes, because they can't claim their real role but it's presumably compulsive.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 2718, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2701, Pink Ball wrote:And most likely, Spring is claiming one of her partner's role.
I disagree, because she claimed to send a specific kind of peaches, so if that's a partner's role, then that partner is going to be screwed when massclaim comes, because they can't claim their real role but it's presumably compulsive.
The partner can just send peaches to another scum. Thats not a problem. Kanna would be fucked cuz she can't send peaches tho so this is almost certainly a real role here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 am

In post 2714, Pink Ball wrote:I only see Noraa doing it
Well, okay. She and Pooky are the only ones making an active effort to derail it. But right after the claim, there were at least a couple people who started looking at other options, kinda subtly implying that they didn't want to kill Kanna as much anymore. If she's scum, that's where I would think scum is more likely to be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 am

In post 2719, Noraa wrote:The partner can just send peaches to another scum. Thats not a problem. Kanna would be fucked cuz she can't send peaches tho so this is almost certainly a real role here.
That too.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Gypyx »

Kanna would have to be an actual scum peach vendor though

bottom text
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:49 am

even if sb is scum, i don't think that noraa's defense is scum-motivated
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Noraa »

No the problem is that Kanna's role is real. Like even scum would have to be extremely stupid to pull some shit with exchanging roles or something.
Which is why kanna is either town fruit or scum fruit.
There are NO other options.

Scum fruit softing strong pr just to claim fruit later on is absolute SUICIDE.
Town fruit however might think they can make people back off and not have to claim to later get nk'ed

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”