TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2860, AGar wrote:I've pointed out that xtoxm's response in 2560 earlier felt awfully sure of themselves for someone sitting at E-2 and that had been threatened to eat a hammer unless you knew you had scumbuddies on the wagon who were going to pull the ripcord in order to make sure you didn't die. Worst was on that wagon and then pulled the ripcord 40 posts later.
this is also kind of impressively real to me

i think your titus case got drowned in the kerfuffle of people who inexplicably wanted to scumread you for forgetting to vote and i should probably read it again
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2920, Cephrir wrote:mastina if i were scum and you were not i'd be yeeting you for things i know are playstyle and i'd probably be getting away with it
just saying
Wouldn't work in team mafia especially given that it's me. :P

I am notoriously hard to mislynch even without three teammates able to tell people that a case is rats-ass backwards. With said teammates, it's not happening.

There's damn good reason I'm confident that before endgame, I'll be a nightkill.

Simply put, I don't think the scum can afford not to.

I joked that it'd be the N1 nightkill (it won't be, nobody N1 nightkills me), but more realistic is circa N3/N4ish, maybe N5 if N3/N4 need to be outed TPRs. It's almost certainly going to happen because I'm too much of a threat, your hatred of me be damned.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i dont hate you i just find you frustrating to play mafia with
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 422, OkaPoka wrote:dkkoba has also asked me to do other things wrt to hercule but dkkoba isn't playing this game
(This is what I meant RE: Dkkoba, Oka. If you had done what DKKoba asked you to do the entire game, I'd probably trust DKKoba's reads more, but having not done so, by default I'd trust Pooky's the most, possibly situationally Nancy.)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 840, AGar wrote:- Titus's posts here are weird in their straight ignorance of anything else related to the game. 260 is a useless complaint/performative "i'm doing stuff!". 262 is the worse of the two imo. Tries to tie it to something game related based on a read, slightly shades IV, then dips out using "well there can't be a hydra in this game, it's a normal" which is pretty easy scum not having to follow up on anything. 265 is just not necessary, again just boosting "hey look I'm trying to help." At this point, her one read (me) isn't posting, yet she's refusing to engage with anything else on more than a surface level. IV offers an answer to 262 in 264 and she ignores it. She has not responded to dann's 150 as of this point in time.
this is true i see nothing that proves she had even been reading the game to that point

i do think it's surprising that her more or less rvs vote stuck so hard

In post 840, AGar wrote:- Hey let's go back to Titus. 567 and 569 completely ignore literally everything that's happened since 267 when Titus last posted. 7 of Titus's 12 posts have centered around me. I've posted five times. Kinda weird, huh? Titus has focused on me and buddying up to ABR and that's almost entirely it.
doesn't seem to be paying much attention or commenting on anything but sideline mechish stuff. is that indicative she doesn't see an organic way to get into the game, sure maybe.
In post 840, AGar wrote:- 586 from Titus is weird. At no point did I suggest Titus and ABR in any connection. Very weird extrapolation to pull from any of my posts that I specifically wanted them to "turn on each other." I tried to get some votes on ABR, but didn't opine to Titus for those, and I strictly took one shot at Titus because of history. Again, never appealed to ABR to vote Titus (which would've been weird as I was voting him).
this was weird. i believe it was since explained that they have some history or something, but why would agar know this? titus did post, after all, that "Agar, also if we have baggage, it's news to me." before this so she doesn't seem immensely familiar with agar. since i dont think it makes much sense to accuse agar of this, it just seems like a needless attempt to score points with abr

is there more to this later or is the argument just "and nothing since has improved it"
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 458, Ythan wrote:
In post 455, hercule wrote:
In post 454, Ythan wrote:I'm perfectly content to do that and will do so momentarily. I still call your mischaracterization insensible.
alrighty
The implication being that illogical nonsense also tends scumward
Possible hot take: hercule-Ythan as scum-scum distancing. :shifty:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by the worst »

stupid agar is making my team fight again :(
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 470, innocentvillager wrote:am i not allowed to give gut reads and then come up with a reason afterwards to potentially explain why i might've had that read? this is to everyone who has been like "omg, you didn't explain your read progression from A->B->C, i can't follow, scum!"
Can I just say that reading this post is strangely ironic given what Oka's case on Xtoxm was. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2931, the worst wrote:stupid agar is making my team fight again :(
Side with the teammate that wants you to bus him. :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2839, Xtoxm wrote:Spoiler
these are cool reads for like page 5, keep us posted on how they progress
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2860, AGar wrote:We've got him asking for an elaboration on a read in 1176 and then I give it in 1361 and then... silence. Why even ask if you have no intention of engaging/acknowledging?
your answer was really boring lol i'm sorry
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

personally i routinely don't follow up on my own questions so i don't really care about that

also i didn't read the dgb thing yet and now i'm high so later
Bartleby the Scrivener
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by the worst »

nice
In post 2887, Hopkirk wrote:i am incredibly drunk right now and haven't read anything but does anyone want to interact with very drunk hopkirk in real timewe
yeah come back :(
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

hi i exist but i'm playing among us with hectic and mystery people but can check in
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

i don't have good vibes on you the worst but i barely remember your actual posting despite you being near the top and idk how much of that is sheeping a super early hectic SR on you and a whole lot of people have you as town. how do i read you?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2895, Hopkirk wrote:Agar's content is presented in a way that makes me want to vote them
this is a huge same and potentially kind of topical

lilith (and honestly i) feel that the longer agar's posts get, the more he just grasps at absolute nonsense to try and drive a point through. when he's not saying much i kinda get the impression he's reading, analysing & reporting back. when he says a lot i get the feeling HE WANTS HIS WAY AND HE WANTS IT BAD which is super non-towny. you get it reading the titus case; it's like a pretty bad case and i don't think i need to dissect it to show anyone why. it's pretty unlikely to accomplish anything except for like, temporarily shifting attention onto someone else. it's not towny for agar. it's not condemning for titus. it's just noisy nonsense and i'm still kind of curious what he expected it to accomplish. the timing of it really makes me think he wants to try and bury titus. maybe he just thought it'd work. fuck if i know. he's also only putting effort into posts when he's under fear of death which is
meh

ss is firmly in the "nonsense does not mean scum" camp and kind of considers this a towntell. ss also townreads and we both kind of view as like, clearly completely wrong, but also FINALLY someone attempted a scumcase against me and it's actually more cohesive and believable than i thought one would be? i can talk thru that a bit more if people want but i'm not sure i can be bothered.

i'm kinda pulled both ways

pedit: magic 8 ball tbh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2898, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2839, Xtoxm wrote: ythan - he had one post that pinged me
"You are not authorized to read this topic"

This was probably approved by the rest of his team before-hand.
i woke up to ss & lilith talking about this

the fact this was a pre-written post is making me feel further lukewarm about it. i'm kind of indifferent wrt whether it's a scum pt or team pt slip.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry: SS would like it noted that he views 2860 as less cohesive than i do but thinks the tinfoil/perspective stuff rings pure.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by the worst »

ss has also observes out that him reading my game means that i'm absolutely town. he then implored me not to make this post.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2925, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2860, AGar wrote:I've pointed out that xtoxm's response in 2560 earlier felt awfully sure of themselves for someone sitting at E-2 and that had been threatened to eat a hammer unless you knew you had scumbuddies on the wagon who were going to pull the ripcord in order to make sure you didn't die. Worst was on that wagon and then pulled the ripcord 40 posts later.
this is also kind of impressively real to me

i think your titus case got drowned in the kerfuffle of people who inexplicably wanted to scumread you for forgetting to vote and i should probably read it again
in hindsight i think the forgetting to vote thing was pretty superficial, i think his titus read was generally like ludicrously graspy though
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2943, the worst wrote:ss has also observes out that him reading my game means that i'm absolutely town. he then implored me not to make this post.
lilith is also following this game and wants to be included. datisi has been pretty cold on this game but says hi.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 499, Cephrir wrote:okay, who are the scum voting you then?
In post 427, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: IV
:shifty:

(I continue to think IV and unwnd are town in reading. DGB and Ythan continue to not be as town and hercule continues to be scum. So not much is changing in my reads.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 510, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: AGar
i don't know if i'd have been bothered by this if unwnd didn't point it out but new york's hottest scumpost is 506. this post has everything:
-complaining about post count
-pointless filler that also randomly drops the only thing he's cared about thus far
-overreaction to titus
-useless nonanalysis on unwnd that turns into a suspicion for some reason
-a MYSTERY VOTE
ceph, i hate to ask, but what's a mystery vote
well seth, that's when you vote ABR without having ever mentioned him before anywhere in your iso for no apparent reason.
Yes I know Ceph will complain about the "lol Ceph bussing" from me, but I feel obligated to point out how, yes, this does in fact look like scum bussing for one simple reason:
The contrast between Ceph's forced push on IV where he was opportunistic in hopping on with poor reasoning that was more shade than actual presenting of a scumread, compared to Ceph's early hop-on onto AGar with what amounts to a rock-solid case that looks like TMI in the sense of Cephrir knows AGar is scum and thus will be more inclined to think is more scum than it'd normally be, that Ceph would think that it's a case of AGar being transparently scum so he hops on while the getting is good.

Basically, the reason I actually DO think that this is scum bussing is:
Cephrir's push on IV where he hopped onto the existing bandwagon was something forced and was shading IV rather than presenting IV as scum.
Cephrir's push on AGar is completely different to his push on IV--he's hopping onto a brand new wagon with conviction that AGar is absolutely a scumfuck from .

If AGar is actually scum, which I think he is, and if Cephrir is scum, which I think he is, Cephrir as scum would know AGar was scum. Cephrir as scum knowing AGar is scum would be more inclined to subconsciously assume that AGar's posting looks much worse. (This is a common thing for scum, I've written articles on it, can quote if necessary if you want me to explain this concept in more detail.)

The contrast between Cephrir's push on IV and Cephrir's push on AGar feels like the simplest explanation is that Cephrir is scum and the difference between the two pushes is a difference in the alignment of the player being pushed. Where Cephrir was subconsciously less inclined to create a strong case on IV due to IV being town, but more inclined to make a strong case on AGar due to AGar being scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Titus »

Hot take DGB might be scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor