Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:29 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 396, flow trap wrote:I could see salsa being one of those who like to purposefully put wolf tells to make them not wolf tells :P
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1115, quiet wrote:d Salsa posted a bit on page 44-45.
Maybe you missed it, but I already mentioned in post that I'm busy with my studies during semester final.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:32 am

Post by floo »

In post 1123, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 1108, floo wrote:
In post 1086, quiet wrote: Salsa, you get almost indignant with your posts sometimes when responding to people lobbing suspicion your way. Do you think that’s AI at all?
True, Sal mocked many scumreads/suspicion on her meaninglessly (like with emojis) while not necessarily refuting them.
Spoiler:
In post 383, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 368, flow trap wrote:VOTE: Salsabil Faria

I'm finding Enchant town now
:lol: :lol:
In post 766, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 755, flow trap wrote:Ok, I think I'm going to place Salsa in the Leaning Scum but not open to shoot category
:yawn: :yawn:
In post 887, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 871, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Right now, given what I have read, my guess of the scumteam is Salsabil Faria and quiet with a higher than random chance of being right. Random chance is (1/28). Odds of right to wrong are (1:27).

It's irrationally defensive at best, arrogantly scummy at worst. The underlying thought process in any case is "I'm so towny, how could someone scumread me?"
In post 919, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Joke of the year!! Now I'm arrogant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, you're arrogant.
In post 209, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I second that. Not your vote but your explanation is suspicious : "
to avoid seeming scummy"
Ironically, you're outspokenly image-conscious as seen by the posts in the spoiler.

VOTE: Salsabil Faria for now
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your gut reaction to a scumread is to do the exact same thing I scumread you for lmao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1086, quiet wrote: Salsa, you get almost indignant with your posts sometimes when responding to people lobbing suspicion your way. Do you think that’s AI at all?
True, Sal mocked many scumreads/suspicion on her meaninglessly (like with emojis) while not necessarily refuting them.
Spoiler:

In post 755, flow trap wrote:Ok, I think I'm going to place Salsa in the Leaning Scum but not open to shoot category
Right now, given what I have read, my guess of the scumteam is Salsabil Faria and quiet with a higher than random chance of being right. Random chance is (1/28). Odds of right to wrong are (1:27).

It's irrationally defensive at best, arrogantly scummy at worst. The underlying thought process in any case is "I'm so towny, how could someone scumread me?"
Yes, you're arrogant.
to avoid seeming scummy"
Ironically, you're outspokenly image-conscious as seen by the posts in the spoiler.

This weirdly looks more like picking a fight than a legitimate push. I don't like it, especially when you lump me/Salsabil together previously and then completely ignore my post.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1116, quiet wrote: I remain feeling decently good that I was disqualified from a NK by virtue of being in scumpools day1.
If I remember right, you told this twice already. To me, it looks like scum!you are trying hard to put a dilemma that you were not a night kill at night 1, so it certifies that you are a town and as your replacement slot was scumread by some people, which indicates that scums spared you from the night kill for this.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1113, quiet wrote:I'm trying to figure out where the narrative of scum!Spartan is coming from, because I just do not see it. Only one scum game to compare to, like, 3+ years ago in an open setup (and I can't even find the gamethread), but given how quiet this thread has been in the last few days, I don't see why scum would be popping in, trying to get things moving again. Like for a game that has 45 pages of content, we've made maybe 3? Since the night?
I don't get the two different standards being applied to myself and Spartan here. I've been trying to flog content out of Frederick, flow trap, yourself, and floo the entire day. Spartan's high effort but the defense of Enchant was deeply questionable, and he's been making vague statements about "scum on the wagon" "feels like TvS" etc. without specifying who they were the entire game.
In post 1113, quiet wrote:So I'm jumping on the Salsa wagon today. Other wagons I'd consider: Prism, Floo, because I sure as hell aren't going to be able to sort them by reading them. No interest in a Fred vote today, I think enough people can eliminate that slot if my gut is wrong about that one without me. When I get a moment, I'm going to see if defensive towny vibes are a thing for Salsa generally, or if this is a deviation, because I'm still early enough in my mafia career to enjoy meta.
You had no problem calling me town Day 1. One of the things that most bothered me about your slot was that 793 was spot on. My intuition was that you had the assistance of knowing my alignment. It annoyed me to think that I could be read off of a single post but in this case it's true-in no world do I step in to rein in flow trap there, and my meta establishes this extremely well. I can backlink you later if you want but the only time I did similar as scum was my first game onsite, and I lost for it. Realizing this was unfair and that I needed to set my pride aside was a big part of why I backed off today.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:43 am

Post by floo »

In post 1124, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 1113, quiet wrote:
So I'm jumping on the Salsa wagon today. Other wagons I'd consider: Prism, Floo, because I sure as hell aren't going to be able to sort them by reading them. No interest in a Fred vote today, I think enough people can eliminate that slot if my gut is wrong about that one without me. When I get a moment, I'm going to see if defensive towny vibes are a thing for Salsa generally, or if this is a deviation, because I'm still early enough in my mafia career to enjoy meta.

VOTE: Salsabil
I like this. Though I don't have anything to say to you at the moment, if you have any question, ask please.
Though this is a normal reaction. Unfortunately, you haven't said what you "like" about this scumread. Is it just that quiet is less harsh than me, or seems easier to convince? quiet seems to scumread you for your defensiveness (as this would not be a scumread if he saw "defensive towny vibes"), which is the same reason as mine. So you "like" the scumread that implies why in two words (defensive ... vibes) while you mock the more elaborate scumread with multiple quotes and accusations.

There are some recent Prism posts but I will post this before I read them.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1127, floo wrote:Your gut reaction to a scumread is to do the exact same thing I scumread you for lmao

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 am

Post by floo »

Edit: The "Though this is a normal reaction" wasn't meant to be in the final post (am posting a lot of what comes to my mind right now). I was thinking this might be normal if town Sal is accustomed to overreacting to scumreads. I'll read her former games to see if this is the case.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1121, flow trap wrote:
In post 328, Prism wrote:I'm good at running interference and setting town up to implode.
I remembered; this is what is worrying me about Prism's FaC push
In post 1122, flow trap wrote:VOTE: Prism
I literally have been begging you, and Frederick, to play the game and been very open that my vote is open to change. Where is the interference? I have literally spent the entire day trying to squeeze every bit of content out that I can, the entire reason I answered for Spartan in 1096 was so that we could get a response from Frederick in a reasonable timeframe rather than 2-3 days later...which still did not happen.

The interference I'm running is literally trying to get Frederick to play the game and trying to get you to be more transparent and work with people.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Prism »

All this said, after 4 days of trying to pressure content out of him, I realize nothing I do will get Frederick to actually play the game of mafia at this point and I have to find ways around it. He's not my first pick for an elimination today.

UNVOTE:

Probably going to vote Spartan or floo. I know quiet will be glad to hear that.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1128, Prism wrote:This weirdly looks more like picking a fight than a legitimate push.
I can't even remember what I did to him that he is so mad at me :P

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 am

Post by floo »

In post 662, quiet wrote:One such thing: Hi Salsa, nice to be here, you’re town asf.
Is there any change in Sal's posting style that makes you scumread her, or did you vote her upon reviewing her posts and finding that they were not as towny as you originally believed?
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 am

Post by flow trap »

I only voted you because nothing was happening

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Prism »

Cool. Do you think I've been running interference today, and if so, where?
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:55 am

Post by flow trap »

I was referring to the second part of the statement

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Prism »

Again elaboration would be nice but I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that the only way I can get people to stop posting vague fears is by getting a scum flip, and at this point I'm down to go floo. Frederick still needs to play the game but if that elimination is wrong we're going to outright lose Day 3.

VOTE: floo
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Prism »

At this point I'm no longer confident that no scum was on the wagon but the difference between floo and flow trap/quiet is that both are paranoid and open about it. That doesn't make them town, but it is plausible as town.

Contrast that to floo:
In post 1014, floo wrote:I have not read enough of Prism, Spartan, or Quiet (safebet) yet to make an informed read.
Literally no reason to not have a read on the 3 most content-filled posters in the game.
In post 1058, floo wrote:
In post 1056, Spartan117 wrote:I agree that is true but I don't see why he is even somewhat vindicated when he was being scumread before them interactions occurred, Floo how do you feel about Prism? Would you be willing to join a wagon on them today?
I don't townread Prism. A lot of vote pressure/suspicion would be the best way to get a read out of a player who stays under the radar by just contributing a lot. I'm open to voting Prism, but I would prefer voting Salsabil Faria, who stays out of suspicion for the same reason as Prism.
In post 1070, Prism wrote:
In post 1058, floo wrote:I don't townread Prism. A lot of vote pressure/suspicion would be the best way to get a read out of a player who stays under the radar by just contributing a lot.
This is a bizarre way to dodge giving a read on me. Pressure is one way to get a read on me but you're not weighing in on the flood of content I'm giving you. Casting it as "staying under the radar" is disingenuous.

Stop dodging my content or vote me.
Spoiler:

Yes, you're arrogant.
to avoid seeming scummy"

1108 Salsabil is being transparently flippant and dismissive of pushes on her. It might be arrogant but it's the opposite of image-conscious and casting it as scummy is questionable
at best.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:08 am

Post by flow trap »

I feel like you're setting something up

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1143, flow trap wrote:I feel like you're setting something up
I was setting up to get Frederick to play the game. If you have questions about my motivations in certain posts
you have to ask
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:15 am

Post by flow trap »

Salsa, I suspect quite, what do you think of that?

VOTE: Quiet

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Prism »

It's really annoying to have to deal with the vague accusation without you being legitimately willing to dialogue about it. This feeling will stick unless I net us a red flip, and even then you might still say "bussing". There are other ways to handle this than forcing me to do all of the heavy lifting, especially when the quality of my reads are by far the weakest part of my towngame.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Prism »

I'll be back later, in some sense I should be flattered by the paranoia but I've been spoiled by being a universal TR my last several games and I should probably just take a lap.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 am

Post by floo »

Is being dismissive really towny or NAI? There's a line between "the scumreads on me don't matter, I'll just hunt for scum" versus "the people who scumread me are stupid." I'm seeing the latter from Salsabil Faria.

I took a negative tone because I knew she was more prone to being baited into a fight as you call it, I wouldn't do the same to a calmer player who reasons it out rather than yelling with GIFs and emojis. Sal is baiting me too into a fight, either intentionally or not, by responding to a harsh and serious accusation flippantly. This only makes me want to pressure her further, which I did, consciously accepting the risk of growing bitterness. Is a dismissive and flippant attitude appropriate anymore?

I have to admit I didn't read Spartan/quiet/Prism because I didn't feel like doing it in the pre-hammer days and didn't have time to on the day of my final reads. At least in part I formed reads on other players first because of their lower post volume/length. I take responsibility for my laziness as a negative for the town. I'm still alive though, and can make reads for the rest of the day on the players I didn't read on Day 1.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”