Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Part One: He resisted strongly until the popular opinion changed.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Muerrto wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I wasn't going to push for Muerto lynch today. If he got to night without claiming things would be better. So I wonder if he is claiming to generally help the town or just to trick and or spite me. Why did he not want to wait til nightfall if he was unkillable? Does he remotly think there is a cult that would require a massclaim after all. Does Muerto want everybody to full claim now?
Um.. you guys called a massclaim vote and it passed. The consensus was to mass claim. Me refusing was pulling suspiscion, see Gurgi for one. When you said my staying quiet was basially pointless I decided to save my own skin instead of yours. Makes sense to me.

And I'm the one who went against mass claim, why are you making it sound like I'm telling everyone to mass claim now?
No, I'm not saying that. Massclaiming was my idea. From your claim and insistance that cult was a red herring I got the impression you did not want mass claiming to continue. But at the same time I got the impression you felt every body should claim because of the voting. So I was basically wondering what your final opinion there was. Massclaim all or not?

I began to rethink my judgement and consider you as tobaconist only when you mentioned the vanilize stuff. It looked odd and made me wonder if tobaconist wouldn't be allowed to claim. Which is wierd when you consider I am allowed to claim and hint at you as much as I want.

@Farside,
I am not saying do it, but are you able to full claim without penalty?

I didn't pick up any of those hints you gave during the game. Mainly because I wasn't looking for them from you after you said this...
Muerrto wrote:I didn't get a post restriction :cry: and I don't have cigarettes either :cry: I feel so plain.
I can understand lying if you thought I was scum, but If I were you I would have avoided making that statement during the day at all. I crossed you off my check list simply for that statement. A bunch of people, Internet, Jordan, and Chenshi never acknowledge they had cigs so I never crossed them off til I checked them or they died. If I were you I would have played things like that. And only said I didn't have them if I became certain the Hungarian Tourist was scum. I wouldn't have risked them being town with me and me being made a liar and policy lynched. A player like you surely knows heavily some can cling to lynch all liars.
Muerrto wrote:And as for the rest, mad thanks on the praises of my game play.
I've made mistakes before(false claiming doctor against Oman when the real doc DIDN'T protect Oman, the claimed and confirmed cop) and I've had good games too.
I don't think I've made too many mistakes this game(except Spyrex) though so I don't see this as being a 'bad player'.
We all got our off days.
The Internet wrote:As others have said, Azimuth's claim is not very believable. I'd like to know whether the massclaim is on or not, though. I say that if he gets to L-1 then he should reveal targets. I find the muerrto affair belivable but depressing.
But we got to look on the bright side of life and be willing to keep laughing and having fun.

Muerto Question time

1) You said you could see those that target you. Did you see their player name, their character name, or something else?
2) You said you loose the watching and the nk immunity. Do you loose anything else? You are still called a Tobacconist I assume.
3) If I do choose to target you tonight, will you attempt to offer me cigs and a book of matches like I described before night 3? Call it curiosity. I got no clue if I'll still win and be able to get them. Got no clue if we become Masons or if nothing at all happens. Since I didn't loose my skills I see no reason not to consider trying it and seeing what happens.
4) Role attractors, role randomizers, and tons of other things out there may exist which make me think it is still possible for something useful to come from me targeting you if you are truthful. All that oposition in my path finding you and you claiming can muck it all up? I don't think so. Something has got to happen. This idea sound reasonable to you?
5) Did you suspect anyone other than SpyreX of possibly being cult before today?

I originally assumed the tobacconist would win too if I found you. Hense why I brought things up. We both win and we both good, an obv good game plan and move assuming that was the case. Also if I won or can still win I would have / will become unkillable and unlynchable. Making a regular townie become those things throws off balances too much so i'm guessing that's why shaft.ed had me set to switch over to winning with anybody. This is what I truly meant when i said I could not loose because I really couldn't by cndition and skill. Best of all I got a front row seat to however else this game played out.
You only winning with the town surprises me, though I assume that makes sence with Farside. She ain't said she can win another way.

@Farside,
if you can (no likie modkill) and want to
, feel free to comment on that. Give like a yes or no on knowing about other ways to win.

Mueto, Your video is exactly like mine when the Taunters had 2 slightly different videos that showcased the same character. Either that is some bullshit or Shaft.ed be crazy! There were a bunch of different filmings of the Hungarian Tourist Sketch. Finding a simular yet different video to signify and or showcase tobocconist was something I expected.

Because I had more than one victory option, I thought some red herring may exist for me. I am still considering that there may be a red herring for me and you are scum fake claiming, so whether we talk at night or not I guess we are practically unconfirmed masons or neighbors on role standards alone for the time being. Tobacconist or not just like Farside your actions can't be seen or confirmed so by those standards you are candidate for cult recruiter, but I am really leaning away from you being it based on your overall play. You are right about the level of doubt involved with you being a recruiter. I'd sooner believe you were a recruit because of the big opinion change. That or I'm reading you poorly which I certainly hope I am.

Also I looked back at your general play. You were firm on Darla lying, but you weren't firmly on Chenshi's wagon. You never voted him. You replaced into the game and I doubt Mod would let scum replacements talk to their buds during the day even if they replaced. So I wonder if you could have potentially been scum and not known she was a taunter. That may be a bit of a reach but its not something I'm ruling out. I see it as a possibility. After all a red herring role works for an awesome fake claim. I've done things like claim those before as scum.

All the inconsistances and problems I have pointed out so far make me think you can potentially be mafia or cult. I won't confirm you BUT you have given me enough reason and doubt to believe you have at least a chance at being who you really say you are. So I will indeed forgo your lynching for today, just like i was originally going to before you claimed. Effectivly your claim did nothing to keep you safe. Had you kept silent and I checked you I would have confirmed you tomorrow. And had I been wrong about confirming you (You were tobacconist and also scum) then it wouldn't have matter to me since I'd be winning with you after all that anyway.

I began to suspect Massclaiming was unnecessary all too late. I think only those that still want to claim, among the unclaimed should at this stage. If Azimuth is cult recruiter then it would be totally unecessary. The idea of massclaiming was totally mine. it is pratically my fault if all Muerto says is true. I accept responsibility for it, hate me all you want for it should more go wrong. When I believed it had become unecessary to use to lynch scum and or cult I tried to generally guide things away from it happening. "Have only the scumiest claim first and today to keep things secret. And have others claim tomorrow or later" I believe I said something simular to that. Because I did try to guide things in the other direction I am just a little erked when you (Muerto) made all my actions in vain when you chose to claim and said...
Muerrto wrote:I was holding my claim closely till PF got my hints and asked me but he never did and when he said all it did was make HIM win
I was like psh well funk dat.
I was getting suspiscion for saving your butt.
The funk dat makes me think you did do it all to spite me alone. and attackes made to spite someone alone can come off as personal and striking delicate nerves.

@Anyone,
Elvis didn't have a Red herring. There is a chance I don't have a red herring either. There were roles complementing us after all. So would that mean cult recruiter is garaunteed in order to complement luigi? Or would that make it possibly Red Herring?

I got some problems with Muerto because of all I mentioned, but I am not 100% on him being tobacconist and or him being scum. So I won't be lynching him now since he has given enough of a defence to make me think otherwise of him. I am still down for an Azimuth Lynch if he don't respond to our accusations with something really good. If i think of more questions I'll bring them up. If Muerto has any for me, he is more than welcome to ask them. He has the right to think I am scum assuming he actually has a case. No one is trying to offend another person here afterall.

If Gurgi has a Part Two, he can post it now so that it ain't a double post.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Two: Then quickly claimed a role that shouldn't action claim.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
I originally assumed the tobacconist would win too if I found you. Hense why I brought things up. We both win and we both good, an obv good game plan and move assuming that was the case.
Also if I won or can still win I would have / will become unkillable and unlynchable.
Making a regular townie become those things throws off balances too much so i'm guessing that's why shaft.ed had me set to switch over to winning with anybody. This is what I truly meant when i said I could not loose because I really couldn't by cndition and skill. Best of all I got a front row seat to however else this game played out.
I should clarify this is an assumption that I believe is highly likly bearing some other hungarian things I read at game start. The part about how it don't matter who takes final victory though is in 100% english. I understand it fully and know that part true. I got victory no matter what. Everything else is possible to varying degrees. This phrase book is fucking confusing. What kinda dope were you smoking Shaft.ed?

A part one is often followed by at least a part two. And in case there is a part three (I'm not a mind reader so no garantee) gurgi can now post it. I'm probably going to sign off for today shortly, so if there is a part four, he'll have to get someone else to post between things.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Especially since he said, "I have no particular problems claiming"

Albatross!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't have time to read everything. Just a quick thing here:
Farside, I am not saying do it, but are you able to full claim without penalty?
It doesn't look like I have a penalty and as I know this is going to sound horrible scummy I was given a fake name to use. I don't know why and when I asked the mod about it I got a null response.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:No, I'm not saying that. Massclaiming was my idea. From your claim and insistance that cult was a red herring I got the impression you did not want mass claiming to continue. But at the same time I got the impression you felt every body should claim because of the voting. So I was basically wondering what your final opinion there was. Massclaim all or not?
Honestly I'm not sure it'll help do anything but out the bridge keeper and the machine that goes bing. Most everyone else has already either claimed or soft claimed.
PokerFace wrote:I can understand lying if you thought I was scum, but If I were you I would have avoided making that statement during the day at all. I crossed you off my check list simply for that statement. A bunch of people, Internet, Jordan, and Chenshi never acknowledge they had cigs so I never crossed them off til I checked them or they died. If I were you I would have played things like that. And only said I didn't have them if I became certain the Hungarian Tourist was scum. I wouldn't have risked them being town with me and me being made a liar and policy lynched. A player like you surely knows heavily some can cling to lynch all liars.
But I didn't know if you could ask during the day or night or what. I had no idea you had a night action to ask until day 2. I also stand by lynch all liars but in this case where my claim kills my role, I felt it was necessary at the time.

Do you have any other powers though? I was kind of a weak tracker(is there some other name for my role I'm missing?) and NK immune. I had some pretty decent powers but at a downside of not being able to claim. If your power is just to ask I'd say that's balanced.
PokerFace wrote:Muerrto, Your video is exactly like mine when the Taunters had 2 slightly different videos that showcased the same character. Either that is some bullshit or Shaft.ed be crazy! There were a bunch of different filmings of the Hungarian Tourist Sketch. Finding a simular yet different video to signify and or showcase tobocconist was something I expected.
I actually didn't watch the taunter video's(or any others for that matter). I've seen all Python 17 million times. I own the DVD set of the episodes *shrug*. I watched yours because you were my counterpart and noticed we had the same video, even the same html, the exact same video. I also hinted at seeing the video recently when I said the part about 'bouncy bouncy' and said to watch the skit.
PokerFace wrote:Because I had more than one victory option, I thought some red herring may exist for me. I am still considering that there may be a red herring for me and you are scum fake claiming, so whether we talk at night or not I guess we are practically unconfirmed masons or neighbors on role standards alone for the time being. Tobacconist or not just like Farside your actions can't be seen or confirmed so by those standards you are candidate for cult recruiter, but I am really leaning away from you being it based on your overall play. You are right about the level of doubt involved with you being a recruiter. I'd sooner believe you were a recruit because of the big opinion change. That or I'm reading you poorly which I certainly hope I am.
The opinion change was simply due to Spyrex being revealed, nothing more. Two players with the same role name is unheard of. It's insane. And 1 scum and 1 town?! Shafted is crazy.
PokerFace wrote:Also I looked back at your general play. You were firm on Darla lying, but you weren't firmly on Chenshi's wagon. You never voted him. You replaced into the game and I doubt Mod would let scum replacements talk to their buds during the day even if they replaced. So I wonder if you could have potentially been scum and not known she was a taunter. That may be a bit of a reach but its not something I'm ruling out. I see it as a possibility. After all a red herring role works for an awesome fake claim. I've done things like claim those before as scum.
Even if I didn't know Darla was a taunter, why would I jump in and firmly side against her? And Chensi was simply a bad player. The fact he was scum doesn't change that. He could've just as easily been town judging by his meta. He lurks and doesn't really contribute. That's Chensi. I don't like lurkers. I dislike lynching them even more unless they've actually made scummy moves. Besides, I was pretty solely on Spyrex that whole day.
PokerFace wrote:All the inconsistances and problems I have pointed out so far make me think you can potentially be mafia or cult. I won't confirm you BUT you have given me enough reason and doubt to believe you have at least a chance at being who you really say you are. So I will indeed forgo your lynching for today, just like i was originally going to before you claimed. Effectivly your claim did nothing to keep you safe. Had you kept silent and I checked you I would have confirmed you tomorrow. And had I been wrong about confirming you (You were tobacconist and also scum) then it wouldn't have matter to me since I'd be winning with you after all that anyway.
I disagree. That's your opinion of my lynching status today but it seemed from other's opinions and posts that I was pretty heavily under suspiscion of being the recruiter.

Also keep in mind that you've been confirmed for me since you breadcrumbed(if you're scum you're incredibly good at hiding it).
PokerFace wrote:I began to suspect Massclaiming was unnecessary all too late. I think only those that still want to claim, among the unclaimed should at this stage. If Azimuth is cult recruiter then it would be totally unecessary. The idea of massclaiming was totally mine. it is pratically my fault if all Muerto says is true. I accept responsibility for it, hate me all you want for it should more go wrong. When I believed it had become unecessary to use to lynch scum and or cult I tried to generally guide things away from it happening. "Have only the scumiest claim first and today to keep things secret. And have others claim tomorrow or later" I believe I said something simular to that. Because I did try to guide things in the other direction I am just a little erked when you (Muerto) made all my actions in vain when you chose to claim and said...
Muerrto wrote:I was holding my claim closely till PF got my hints and asked me but he never did and when he said all it did was make HIM win
I was like psh well funk dat.
I was getting suspiscion for saving your butt.
The funk dat makes me think you did do it all to spite me alone. and attackes made to spite someone alone can come off as personal and striking delicate nerves.
Naw. Nothing personal man, was being funny. It wasn't spite it was self preservation. Your win condition doesn't actually help the town so prime directive 2 kicked in and I saved my own arse. As for the massclaim, I don't think anyone else should now. It's already narrowed down pretty bad to only a few left and if the bridgekeeper or the machine ends up either claiming OR not claiming they'll be outed if they're not already.
PokerFace wrote:
@Anyone,
Elvis didn't have a Red herring. There is a chance I don't have a red herring either. There were roles complementing us after all. So would that mean cult recruiter is garaunteed in order to complement luigi? Or would that make it possibly Red Herring?
I just don't see enough teamwork for a cult, period. Cults require teamork even more than mafia and they reflect teamwork more as well.
PokerFace wrote:I got some problems with Muerto because of all I mentioned, but I am not 100% on him being tobacconist and or him being scum. So I won't be lynching him now since he has given enough of a defence to make me think otherwise of him. I am still down for an Azimuth Lynch if he don't respond to our accusations with something really good. If i think of more questions I'll bring them up. If Muerto has any for me, he is more than welcome to ask them. He has the right to think I am scum assuming he actually has a case. No one is trying to offend another person here afterall.
Naw, you're obv town, have been for a while. As for Azimuth, I don't like his obv lurking but I'm actually pretty convinced his claim is legit. I guess that could make him cult but who's he teamed with? He hasn't taken anyone's side all game really.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Imaginality, as people were saying, would be the obvious choice.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Also, regarding the muerrto and pokerface back-and-forth, I think they're probably both telling the truth. Its an odd time to come out with a fakeclaim for muerrto, and why pick something that's immediately going to draw so much scrutiny?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't think the cult is a red herring at this point. I still have my suspicions on the internet. TSPN is playing under the radar which bugs me too.
Also just throwing it out there, but isn't it typical for someone to be offered to join the cult and either being killed for saying no or join? I honestly don't know as I had only one cult game and that was part of the catch. Also if I was targeted by anyone I would not have been hit with anything because I can't be found.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:03 am

I don't think that's standard, no, although I suppose that could explain luigi's death.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Also, regarding the muerrto and pokerface back-and-forth, I think they're probably both telling the truth. Its an odd time to come out with a fakeclaim for muerrto, and why pick something that's immediately going to draw so much scrutiny?
I did think about this but I make it a habbit never to underestimate what people might want to try and do. I have got away with a red herring like fake claim in an irc theme game a long time ago. If Tobaconist is a red herring I've certainly left the door open. So I want to be sure who is allowed to come through.

Muerto's recent post does make me feel better about him though. I can't recall finding any problems with it despite disagreeing with him on Azimuth. Also I'd apreciate Muerto addressing these...

@Muerto,

PokerFace wrote:
Muerto Question time

1) You said you could see those that target you. Did you see their player name, their character name, or something else?
2) You said you loose the watching and the nk immunity. Do you loose anything else? You are still called a Tobacconist I assume.
3) If I do choose to target you tonight, will you attempt to offer me cigs and a book of matches like I described before night 3? Call it curiosity. I got no clue if I'll still win and be able to get them. Got no clue if we become Masons or if nothing at all happens. Since I didn't loose my skills I see no reason not to consider trying it and seeing what happens.
4) Role attractors, role randomizers, and tons of other things out there may exist which make me think it is still possible for something useful to come from me targeting you if you are truthful. All that oposition in my path finding you and you claiming can muck it all up? I don't think so. Something has got to happen. This idea sound reasonable to you?
5) Did you suspect anyone other than SpyreX of possibly being cult before during the game?
Elvis is trying to kill you. I am not trying to harm or kill the tobacconist so I don't think they'd need a fake name.

Also quite a few people have brought up religion as being a cult or scum theme. There is logical corelation between Brian (Pythonesc Son of God) and God himself, BUT if a religious theme deemed and fully determined who was scum then, Strappado would also be Scum since she said she was "The Bishop" and I am not really thinking she is scum at the moment. At times our general play styles and actions have conflicted, but disagreements don't well amount to a case on her being scum in these situations.

Also the BAD french taunter was and "evil egocentric character" with the Spainish inquistion. How in anway is the French taunter religious?

Lynching people based on roles alone for some slight correlation should not be "solely" relied upon. Good characters can be bad and vice versa. And apparently characters can be good and bad and in multiples with the taunters here. Scum is still scum they will play scummy and you should always rely on this issue when lynching anyone.

Oh and about someone being able to refuse to join a cult. I have never seen that option in a game before. I have played in a few irc cult games, not many MS cult games, but of the ones I've read and been in, I have never seen players given the option to be recruited or not. As long as their role is recruitable and there are no blockers or protectors involved they will join the cult.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:37 am

Post by farside22 »

This was the cult game I was in.

viewtopic.php?t=8167

I was wrong it was the person who was the cultist who either killed the player or tried to recruit them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, I read and comented in that cult game. Muerto was also in that game. In that game you could not refuse to be recruited. You were recruited or killed based on what the cult recruiter chose to do to you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:Yes, I read and comented in that cult game. Muerto was also in that game. In that game you could not refuse to be recruited. You were recruited or killed based on what the cult recruiter chose to do to you.
There was like 4 roles not including the other cultist that could not be recruited. You would like there would be one person who was unrecruitalbe in this game but meh. I still don't think cult unrecruiter is a red herring.
Also some roles you could be like yes that fits or no that doesn't fit. So far the black night fit as scum. 2 french taunters. I typically associate RB with scum. Yes I know they can be either, but Azimuth's play in general and the people he is accusing as scum is terribly OMGUS. Amoung other issues I had so the role claim alone doesn't mean anything.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:
@Muerto,

Muerto Question time

5) Did you suspect anyone other than SpyreX of possibly being cult before during the game?
Dammit. How the heck did these get left out when I posted last time? They were on my notepad document. Grr...short version.

1. I couldn't see anyone. I know when someone enters the shop as it were but I don't know who. That's why I asked.

2. I assume I'd keep my role name but yes, I lose all powers.

3. I assume you'll get the same result you got from the others but you're welcome to try.

4. You can try but my PM is pretty clear. I lost everything. Think of it this way. You just have to find me to win. That would be like the easiest win condition ever if I could claim, yes? He had to balance it somehow. Honestly, not being able to claim was pretty cool but pretty frustrating since your role became obvious to me by like your first post.

5. No. I just couldn't see there being 2 taunters. Shafted is crazy.

If I left anything else out let me know. I hope not but apparently my cut/paste skills are lacking.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:49 am

Post by imaginality »

Now that Muerrto's had a chance to answer PF's questions, I'm going to

Unvote

Vote: Azimuth

I've listed him as a suspect for scum and for cult and, while I do think he is God (so to speak) (and I'm sorry I looked for breadcrumbs rather than letting him point them out, the Judgment one looked so clear as to be pretty conclusive but I take the point about why it's not a good idea to do that), I think he's anti-town. Aside from the points already raised, one other thing is that it seems like Iron Man was likely roleblocked night 1 leading to his night 2 lynch, so it seems reasonable to suspect there to be at least one anti-town roleblocker. I think it's Azimuth.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:51 am

Post by imaginality »

EBWOP: day 2 lynch
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Generally Muerto I'm just suspecting something different to come out of targeting you even now as apposed to targeting someone else. I don't know what that difference is gonna be but perhaps I'll get it when I see it. I can see your claiming stopping me from winning, but I don't see it nullifying me and stopping me from somehow being useful. Basically I still got my powers so I'd like to find some good way to put it to use assuming there is still some good way.

Whoever I target, Muerto or Not, Please try to offer me the cigarettes and book of matches tonight even if you don't have them or can't sell them anymore.
PokerFace wrote:
I will not say who i'm going to target so this request goes out to everybody for now, but basically should anybody hearing this get aproached by a perverted phrase tonight, I would like you to respond as though you had cigarettes and a book of matches for me (Both of those items)
. Try offering them to me during the night like Mirth did earlier.
Mirth wrote:EBWOP. I'm also going to try an experiment.

Pokerface
if you are looking for a specific role, it is probably not me. But I'm going to try this anyway, since no one who bothered commenting objected. I will sell you cigarettes/matches/a lighter/cigars/a pipe with tobacco/nicorette gum.

Now then, did anything happen after I said that?
I doubt this idea is going to work, but if it does I won't complain.
I won't give up if I can still pull something off to help the town even with this silly skill as my only weapon, I will. Me winning will not cause everyone to loose, so if I somehow still can it won't hurt nothing. And if something else good comes out of things no matter how doubtful it is then that will be even better.

I'd say my suspicion list right now is
Azimuth
The Internet
Muerrto
TheSweatpantsNinja
Imagordan

Some of them I think can only be either cult or mafia so we'll see how likly a cult is or isn't a red herring berring if the game is still going on tomorrow considering all that stuff I said about lylo earlier.

Some people have some really silly roles based on general look I'm getting from those who have claimed and those that haven't. It may be necessary to give some claims more scrutiny and look for fake ones among them later on. I'm pretty sure we are all right about Azimuth being mafia or cult. If he isn't cult, Elvis should kill whoever "She" thinks is most likly to be cult. I won't tell her who to kill and who not to kill, but she should try to hit cult assuming it is around and as strong as we think it is. If Azimuth is cult and preferably recruiter, I'm not sure who Elvis should shoot or even if she should, but I bet she's smart enough to figure out what she should do with her skills from there. Night all
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

At one point I was convinced the cult was a ruse since I didn't think farside existed and also that I didn't think a tobacconist existed. Since farside and muerrto have proven that wrong, I do agree that a cult is a very real possibility.

The odds are they are not at full power -- but I guess it's possible. BM's cult game showed how hard it is for cults to recruit. Also, I was in CKD's cult mini, and BM failed to make any recruits as recruiter and he lived until endgame. So, it can be very hard for a cult recruiter. If the cult recruiter in this game has been successful every night and managed for no recruits or himself to be lynched or NKed, then he/she is the best recruiter ever.

Having said all that, I plan to kill tonight. I will target someone who I feel is scummy (weighted more toward getting a cultist, OBV). I will take into account any suggestions that have been made. So far, the suggestions jive with my own feelings, so that's not hard for me to go with.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Don't steer any power roles. It is a bad idea.

Albatross!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

Don't steer any power roles. It is a bad idea.

Albatross!
I don't think that is happening here. Elvis has her own suspcions and after today's lynch and tonight's actions that should answer a few things for everyone.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:47 am

Disagree. Elvis shouldn't say who she's killing, but there's no harm in us putting in our two cents. (You should kill internet).

Anyway, I think azimuth is a good choice for lynch. But, judging by the last votecount. . . imaginality just hammered? I guess we'll see.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

See Farside? Anyway, Azimuth is two from lynch. Not lynched.

Albatross!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

See Farside? Anyway, Azimuth is two from lynch. Not lynched.

Albatross!
Are you talking about TSPN's comment just now?
FOS: TSPN

I don't want any directing there are things in this game we have no clue about.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”