Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3725 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3720, Shirou wrote:Since we're talking about my scum game here...

I don't expect anyone to believe me I suppose, since my alignment is still not confirmed, but after game rest assured that whatever idea you had about my scum game before, it's significantly weaker now.

I simply don't have the same stamina to play mafia that I used to, I'm barely caught up here but I'm already quite tired/want to do something else, I don't have any particular motivation to tryhard as either town or scum as I used to before.

Scum play is less, say, frustrating than town since you know everyone alignment since the start, but it's much more exhausting than town if you're really trying to win, because as town you can just give up on town and say "it's not my fault if we lose this", but as scum you're much more responsible for your team's fate. There's much more responsibility in being scum than there is in being town, whether people shoulder that responsibility is another story.

I don't have even stamina enough for town play nowadays, completely rule out of the possibility I could spam as scum as much as I used to, because good scum play does require you to constantly talk, argue and pick fights against town to deceive them. It's just not in the range of what I can do today.

Look at my last scum game for example, I used a much more passive/weaker way of playing simply because I already didn't have enough stamina back then, and I've even less now.
Yeah...not going to do that. I am not even caught up on this game and you want me to hunt for a game that says your point? Not gonna happen.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:25 am

Post by lilith2013 »

the other option is me :roll:
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3691, Menalque wrote:
In post 3688, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 3684, Menalque wrote:
In post 3680, Shirou wrote:Mena you overestimate me...but thanks
I don’t think so, there’s few enough players that completely snowed (not just fooled but completely
snowed
) RC when he was playing and you did so in a p spectacular fashion
this sounds like a juicy story
They’re announced as being Fumuki and I know that they don’t generally care about being ID’d but I’d rather they confirm that they don’t mind me saying who they are here before doing so/specifying where that happened
I don't mind
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:26 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 3725, MathBlade wrote:

I don't expect anyone to believe me I suppose, since my alignment is still not confirmed, but after game rest assured that whatever idea you had about my scum game before, it's significantly weaker now.

I simply don't have the same stamina to play mafia that I used to, I'm barely caught up here but I'm already quite tired/want to do something else, I don't have any particular motivation to tryhard as either town or scum as I used to before.

Scum play is less, say, frustrating than town since you know everyone alignment since the start, but it's much more exhausting than town if you're really trying to win, because as town you can just give up on town and say "it's not my fault if we lose this", but as scum you're much more responsible for your team's fate. There's much more responsibility in being scum than there is in being town, whether people shoulder that responsibility is another story.

I don't have even stamina enough for town play nowadays, completely rule out of the possibility I could spam as scum as much as I used to, because good scum play does require you to constantly talk, argue and pick fights against town to deceive them. It's just not in the range of what I can do today.

Look at my last scum game for example, I used a much more passive/weaker way of playing simply because I already didn't have enough stamina back then, and I've even less now.
Yeah...not going to do that. I am not even caught up on this game and you want me to hunt for a game that says your point? Not gonna happen.
no one asked anyone to go look at games
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3726, lilith2013 wrote:the other option is me :roll:
Shush
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Menalque »

We both know you’re town lili, stop pretending u might be scum
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

In post 3695, Shirou wrote:I know this is approaching grey area, but as a sidenote, although I think it may be NAI, if I had to place between "Towny" vs "Scummy" to Math doing weird speculations, I would put it under scummy.

In a Mastina's modded large (I forgot the name but it had to do with Wolves), Math was scum that always speculated weird things which were objectively very hard to realistically take place. In the last days if I remember right his speculation was as weird as speculating wheter vampires were considered supernatural or not, or something similar.

I just remember it was strikingly weird assumptions that at the time I did doubt anyone would genuinely make.

I think that due to this one having different circumstances, it may not apply, especially also given it's been 2 years since that game, but still I would like to point that out?
Didn't you just say you wanted large samples of meta before using it at all?

Math does this as both alignments
Team mafia alt of Infinity 324
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3728, lilith2013 wrote:

Are you reading? Shirou literally just asked me to look at their last scum game lol. Like wtf? Am I in gaslightville?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I realized I actually do have meta on scum!math so I’ll probably go look at that at some point, but I feel decent scumreading math
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:27 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 3732, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3728, lilith2013 wrote:

Are you reading? Shirou literally just asked me to look at their last scum game lol. Like wtf? Am I in gaslightville?
which sentence in the post you quoted is a request to look at his scumgame?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Shirou »

(but again I really think that the game in question is not a very valid game because the circumstances on it were...

there were just too many circumstances in that game).

I do think we probably should change the topic though
I'm not really saying for anyone not interested to take a look?

I'm just saying mostly to mena or anyone that knows my previous scum games already.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

^^ it’s literally right there.

Wtf

Lunch is over I gotta go but something stinks here
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3731, Autumn Leaves wrote:Didn't you just say you wanted large samples of meta before using it at all?

I said that it's mostly NAI didn't I?

I just wanted to point out because it was the sole reason I suspected math in scum PT

look you can scum read me but don't engage me in bad-faith or I'm gonna start completely ignoring your slot (I don't mean this in an aggressive way, it's just that there's a difference between casually saying something about someone game vs basing your entire read on that).
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I legitimately cannot articulate how flabbergasted I am
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3736, MathBlade wrote:Lunch is over I gotta go but something stinks here
What a missed opportunity

You could have gone for like “i finished the fish I was going eating for lunch but something still stinks here” or so many other options
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 3736, MathBlade wrote:Look at my last scum game for example, I used a much more passive/weaker way of playing simply because I already didn't have enough stamina back then, and I've even less now.

^^ it’s literally right there.

Wtf

He’s not asking for anyone to look at the game, he’s describing it and saying “here’s an example”?????
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3736, MathBlade wrote:Wtf

Why...

Why...do you think that was me talking to you and not just using an example of how my scum game changed to the general playerlist?

I didn't even mean "take a look" as literally "please read this game". It was mostly "if anyone is interested in an example, in X game I...".

But...ahh ok.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am

Post by lilith2013 »

This isn’t even relevant to anything in the game, shirou was just like... offering up some philosophical analysis of himself. He’s not using it to defend against something and including meta as an argument.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by lilith2013 »

This is fucking wild
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by lilith2013 »

VOTE: mathblade
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

In post 3737, Shirou wrote:
In post 3731, Autumn Leaves wrote:Didn't you just say you wanted large samples of meta before using it at all?

I said that it's mostly NAI didn't I?

I just wanted to point out because it was the sole reason I suspected math in scum PT

look you can scum read me but don't engage me in bad-faith or I'm gonna start completely ignoring your slot (I don't mean this in an aggressive way, it's just that there's a difference between casually saying something about someone game vs basing your entire read on that).
I really don't see how I'm engaging you in bad faith here, your starting point was "I don't use meta at all" until you had a large enough sample size to get consistent results. Am I misinterpreting that?
Team mafia alt of Infinity 324
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Menalque »