Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Shirou »

English isn't my native language. I may be missing some context here, I don't know.

I don't understand math's interpretation.

I kinda do, but at the same time not really.

I didn't mean "Take a look" literally, isn't "take a look" contextually similar to "if you want an example" or something?

But again, english isn't my native language.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Menalque »

Just w/ no kill
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Menalque »

Math’s interpretations all game have been bizarre which is why I started moving scum there
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 am

Post by lilith2013 »

for context, the only other time I’ve played with math, I was town and he was scum, and I felt this
exact
same frustration of like... math deliberately misunderstanding everything and blowing up these arguments that didn’t even make sense
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:36 am

Post by lilith2013 »

oh idk my other nightless game had no night (ps no break sucked)
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

Yeah I think math misread your wording shirou
Team mafia alt of Infinity 324
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3687, MathBlade wrote:Hey on a scale of 1 to 10 how good is Shirou’s scum play
1 being conf guilty
10 being my scum game
(I consider myself excellent scum shit town)

Multiple people are saying this in thread and I kinda wanna see just how good compared to me and then compare that to reads of me

Normally I wouldn’t but this seems relevant
If math is scum can someone make this into a new version of the scumastina video that reck created
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3753, lilith2013 wrote:for context, the only other time I’ve played with math, I was town and he was scum, and I felt this
exact
same frustration of like... math deliberately misunderstanding everything and blowing up these arguments that didn’t even make sense
yeah this was my experience in the wolves game as well, that's why I pointed out that I personally don't like when he sees to be deliberately saying unrealistic things, but contrary to you I don't really have that much of a bad impression on his (what I assume is) misinterpretation of what I said.

Saying it "stinks" is kinda in bad-faith but at the moment I don't have any deep feelings about it.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:39 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 3749, Menalque wrote:Oh I thought we had a night phase
We have a NON GAME BREAK phase
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 3757, Shirou wrote:
In post 3753, lilith2013 wrote:for context, the only other time I’ve played with math, I was town and he was scum, and I felt this
exact
yeah this was my experience in the wolves game as well, that's why I pointed out that I personally don't like when he sees to be deliberately saying unrealistic things, but contrary to you I don't really have that much of a bad impression on his (what I assume is) misinterpretation of what I said.

Saying it "stinks" is kinda in bad-faith but at the moment I don't have any deep feelings about it.
it feels like it applies to this game as a whole though, like he’s just arguing about anything and everything for the sake of arguing, even when it’s not relevant to alignment
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

In post 3745, Autumn Leaves wrote:I really don't see how I'm engaging you in bad faith here, your starting point was "I don't use meta at all" until you had a large enough sample size to get consistent results. Am I misinterpreting that?
@Shirou
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

In post 3759, lilith2013 wrote:it feels like it applies to this game as a whole though, like he’s just arguing about anything and everything for the sake of arguing, even when it’s not relevant to alignment
Pretty sure this is NAI
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I’m still happy with a me/mena/joqiza/shirou townbloc
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Shirou »

I'm kinda slightly raising my eyebrow on the fact that suddenly there's a rise on "scum!Shiro" stocks going on here, but I dunno?

It feels a bit cheap to think that the exact scum team is targeting me now or something, there's probably a simpler explanation...maybe?

I want to see Johnny flip first before proceeding though
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3760, Autumn Leaves wrote:
In post 3745, Autumn Leaves wrote:I really don't see how I'm engaging you in bad faith here, your starting point was "I don't use meta at all" until you had a large enough sample size to get consistent results. Am I misinterpreting that?
@Shirou
Sorry, it must be confusing to you and I don't want to derail this to a "Shirou Ted Talk" thread, but I do notice certain habits people do in their games, but I don't really base my reads on them fundamentally on that.

For example, even if I was to scum read Math here, my main reason would be the lack of logic in saying that my slot "stinks" because I...recommended people to look on a past scum game (which is also a misinterpretation).

The fact that this act itself feels similar to what he once did as scum is secondary to my read.

Most of the time I only accept meta as a supportive/auxiliary reason for a read, but not the main bulk, but there's many exceptions.

I did read Norwe out of pure meta in my past games with him for example, both my reads were correct, I'm human after all, I've a general philosophy but there's many cases where I'll give an exception to something if I see fit.

Humans aren't as logical defined beings as we would like to think, sometimes I'll just consider meta because I find relevant contrary to most cases.

I've already talked about my opinions on meta in multiple games, I can't exactly link them to you if you ever feel interested, but if you do feel interested in searching up, you'll find it in case you think I'm lying here (only a recommendation, not saying for anyone to go look for it).
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

@Mena Since you admit you can't trust your read on shirou, I suggest you trust your read on fire ;)

PEdit: ok, I believe you
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Shirou »

My final argument isn't that meta is bad or anything, the arguably best player in this site, Elli, did mainly use meta.

My take is that it's very common for people to misunderstand meta, and draw conclusions which are untrue, which also causes more drawbacks than benefits.

Properly done meta is very strong, but if you compare the amount of work that a meta player like Elli do, and the average we usually do while looking at meta, it's like comparing cooper to diamond. It makes no sense.

There's way too many things to consider to take meta at face value in most cases, and it can hurt you more than help if you draw wrong conclusions from it.

It's very very easily to draw wrong conclusions from bad meta, regardless of the sample size, for example.
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

I generally use meta to either check someone's scumrange, or to get an intuitive sense for how someone plays, I think hard-and-fast tells are unreliable whether you use meta or not.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 3724, Menalque wrote:Right, only the only person here is chenn who fits that description and i really don’t want chenn in the townbloc
I'm very aware of Chenn being a good scum player but I can't help but think he's the best pick out of the rest of the players.

Maybe I could try to consider other options more but I just think Chenn posting is solid even if tonally it's not towny.

He consistently pointed out the problems town was having in the gamestate, he actively played more pro-town than any other player in early game in my view.

It doesn't make him town, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for him here, because even if he's scum he seems to deserve the win more than the other options (again, my opinion).
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Shirou »

I guess I should stop defending Chen so much though just in case people misinterpret it as me trying to fit him into the consensus townblock

if people don't want him there out of cautious, I won't fight, I'm not confident enough on it to try to override other people opinions. It's mostly my gut.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3765, Autumn Leaves wrote:@Mena Since you admit you can't trust your read on shirou, I suggest you trust your read on fire ;)
What, you mean my TR?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Shirou »

The more I read Koba the less sure I'm the slot is necessarily scum and not just town doing questionable things (even if Super is scum), but at the same time PoE dictates I should look at the slot either way hm...
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

In post 3770, Menalque wrote:
In post 3765, Autumn Leaves wrote:@Mena Since you admit you can't trust your read on shirou, I suggest you trust your read on fire ;)
What, you mean my TR?
Forgot you changed your read. Though, first instincts are often pretty accurate ;)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1513, Auro wrote:
In post 1337, Super wrote:Leafy you don't wanna make enemies with town!super 0;)
progresses to:
In post 1443, Super wrote:I'm incredibly suspicious of Infinity after today and I finally feel like I have a push I am confident enough on to attack since I was fairly stuck on my reads the last few days.

You were aiming threats at people for antagonizing you, and looking back, the progression from 1337 -> 1443 feels weird: Leafy had already stated his intuitive suspicion of you just before 1337... and you wanted to converse with him more then but then disproportionately respond in 1443? How come your reaction in 1443 wasn't immediate?

VOTE: Super
I kinda like this post, not a lot but still

Maybe I shared reads too early, who knows
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life