TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 298, Cephrir wrote:although there are exceptions i can count on one hand
(one of them is in this game though)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 297, Dunnstral wrote:I think the second half of 287 by Mastina is pretty weird too.

I'm town now that I'm posting... why was I scum before? Notably Titus was in scumlean without having posted yet, which is a different position
i mean, she calls people's alignments based on blank votes.

this isn't uncommon from her, although i wish it were.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 272, Dannflor wrote:rvs read list inc <3
oh I guess I wasn't joking

Spoiler: serious rvs analysis time
coming into the game I was trying to keep an eye out for people who were quick to try and recreate the "vibes" of last game but either felt like they were forcing it or just felt distinctly different from last game in how they went about it. Very start of this game has ythan, hopkirk, okapoka, hercule, and IV talking the most. There's no actual content here but it's the type of memey early back and forth that creates (dare I say) good vibes between people and that scum wouldn't hate to establish a foothold in (like hercule had so pointedly done at the very beginning of last game).

off the bat I do agree that hercule feels different this game. He's less shy about directly interacting with people so far and I vaguely liked that he was the one that took the initiative on the meme xtoxm wagon. I don't think his change in approach or tone are things that he wouldn't necessarily be able to do as scum, and I think watching to see if he's able to keep this same type of energy up over a longer period of time will be most indicative for him, but for now I'm comfortable putting him slightly above everyone else.

ythan was who I originally landed on as feeling somewhat suspicious out of the starting meme/vibe/hangout group. just a purely gut reaction but he felt more on the outside looking in and #83 in particular just felt like kind of a forced way to match his energy to the thread. Reading back now though, I don't really see his posting so much as trying to cement himself within the vibes (whatever the hell that actually means) as just poking around rather nonchalantly. He doesn't post that much and doesn't seem particularly desperate to be "in the vibes" which is my new term for people trying to get themselves in the early meme town block I guess?

I actually do lean town on Hopkirk. I won't go into details but I was having a terrible day at work so I think it's at least a little town indicative that Hopkirk and Hectic were sensitive to me feeling a little more dour than usual today? At least, I feel like it should be town indicative. I'm not really giving the same points to Mastina given she came in after Hopkirk and her approach feels a little less curious/thoughtful than Hopkirk's wtr to my slot. although I don't scum read her.

innocent villager I ended up switching my vote to after just one too many posts that I felt were... a little forced? Like to me, the "hahaha I'm scum no I'm not let's be silly guys" stuff was fun for the first few pages but IV seemed intent on continuing it for just a bit longer. It just felt like it crossed the line of someone trying too hard to continue the vibing shit posts while also making it 100% explicit that "I'm just shit posting guys." I dunno, just slightly more self aware than everyone else who was casually shit posting.

It also felt like an intentional choice? Is that a right read IV? It stood out to me and I'm wondering if you were trying to accomplish something specific with the "guys I'm scum" shit posts or if you just didn't want to let go of the fun

Also I'm not sure I vibe with your jump on Cephrir as I think interpreting "don't post your reads list every page" as "Cephrir must hate mastina's reads" feels like just looking for something to attack

I don't have any real thoughts on anyone else yet. OkaPoka feels the same as last game but I don't think that actually means anything for their slot. I thought the worst's pop in was kind of weird on a gut level? but I assume that's just because duck hasn't read the game yet.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 260, Dannflor wrote:I exhaled a little air out of my nose
Fuuuuuck.

I've been having trouble literally ALL day with keeping my breathing autonomous/automatic/thoughtless.
That is to say: I've had to, deliberately, knowingly, intentionally, been breathing, because without putting the thought into it, the active thought of needing to breathe, I'm not. It's fully manual for today, by and large.

Except, I had gotten it automatic for a brief period--had.

Until this post. :(
I'm sorry that I can't vibe with you Dann due to you being scum this game. :(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 302, Dannflor wrote:coming into the game I was trying to keep an eye out for people who were quick to try and recreate the "vibes" of last game
you may have shown this card too early
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 274, innocentvillager wrote:how do you have so many more people south of null than north of null
Because too few people had posted at that point and not posting = scum, duh. :P
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 298, Cephrir wrote:i don't think much of basically anyone's reads, although there are exceptions i can count on one hand, unless they can explain them in a way that convinces me.
this is helpful to know ig but I think I was more interested in why you reacted like that towards mastina specifically? i think I have an idea but I’m curious it hear it in your words
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i mean, because she shitted up last game by making boatloads of massive, irrelevant posts about stuff that had happened 80 pages ago, and i would like her to stop doing that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 279, Dunnstral wrote:
I didn't start posting until page 9

How am I scum on page 4 and 5?
You answered your own question. :P

But once you did start posting, it was town.

Also, though AGar could, situationally, be a possible scumbuddy, I'm inclined to think he's town here, so:

hercule
Hopkirk
innocentvillager
OkaPoka

Dunnstral
jjh927
Cephrir
Ythan
AGar

Almost50
Winter Flakes (alt of Uncrowned)
DrippingGoofball (ambivalent--can see her as town or scum, not sure which)

Lady Lambdadelta
the worst

Titus
Dannflor
Xtoxm

Locktown townread nullread poe-scumread scum.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:33 pm

In post 307, Cephrir wrote:i mean, because she shitted up last game by making boatloads of massive, irrelevant posts about stuff that had happened 80 pages ago, and i would like her to stop doing that.
got it, is this something that genuinely upset you last game? aren’t scum usually happy about someone being kind of anti-town and clogging the thread like that?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 297, Dunnstral wrote:I'm town now that I'm posting... why was I scum before? Notably Titus was in scumlean without having posted yet, which is a different position
I assign different values to different players not posting early-on, off of my anecdotal experience with those players' posting habits.

You not posting early was a warning sign--but then once you did start posting, it was at "posting up a storm" levels of posting, enough to completely reverse the initial read.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 309, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 307, Cephrir wrote:i mean, because she shitted up last game by making boatloads of massive, irrelevant posts about stuff that had happened 80 pages ago, and i would like her to stop doing that.
got it, is this something that genuinely upset you last game? aren’t scum usually happy about someone being kind of anti-town and clogging the thread like that?
it did annoy me, yes. while they do benefit scum, i also don't want to read them.
Bartleby the Scrivener
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:36 pm

In post 302, Dannflor wrote:It also felt like an intentional choice? Is that a right read IV? It stood out to me and I'm wondering if you were trying to accomplish something specific with the "guys I'm scum" shit posts or if you just didn't want to let go of the fun

Also I'm not sure I vibe with your jump on Cephrir as I think interpreting "don't post your reads list every page" as "Cephrir must hate mastina's reads" feels like just looking for something to attack
i never “jumped” on cephrir in fact I think I townlean him for the post you think I jumped on him for? still poking and going through the motions, yknow

nope! not accomplishing anything specific, I appreciate that you had even a fraction of faith in me to be like an non brain dead mafia player who does things with an actual purpose ?? But no alas I will disappoint you here
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 302, Dannflor wrote:

coming into the game I was trying to keep an eye out for people who were quick to try and recreate the "vibes" of last game but either felt like they were forcing it or just felt distinctly different from last game in how they went about it. Very start of this game has ythan, hopkirk, okapoka, hercule, and IV talking the most. There's no actual content here but it's the type of memey early back and forth that creates (dare I say) good vibes between people and that scum wouldn't hate to establish a foothold in (like hercule had so pointedly done at the very beginning of last game).

off the bat I do agree that hercule feels different this game. He's less shy about directly interacting with people so far and I vaguely liked that he was the one that took the initiative on the meme xtoxm wagon. I don't think his change in approach or tone are things that he wouldn't necessarily be able to do as scum, and I think watching to see if he's able to keep this same type of energy up over a longer period of time will be most indicative for him, but for now I'm comfortable putting him slightly above everyone else.

ythan was who I originally landed on as feeling somewhat suspicious out of the starting meme/vibe/hangout group. just a purely gut reaction but he felt more on the outside looking in and #83 in particular just felt like kind of a forced way to match his energy to the thread. Reading back now though, I don't really see his posting so much as trying to cement himself within the vibes (whatever the hell that actually means) as just poking around rather nonchalantly. He doesn't post that much and doesn't seem particularly desperate to be "in the vibes" which is my new term for people trying to get themselves in the early meme town block I guess?

I actually do lean town on Hopkirk. I won't go into details but I was having a terrible day at work so I think it's at least a little town indicative that Hopkirk and Hectic were sensitive to me feeling a little more dour than usual today? At least, I feel like it should be town indicative. I'm not really giving the same points to Mastina given she came in after Hopkirk and her approach feels a little less curious/thoughtful than Hopkirk's wtr to my slot. although I don't scum read her.

innocent villager I ended up switching my vote to after just one too many posts that I felt were... a little forced? Like to me, the "hahaha I'm scum no I'm not let's be silly guys" stuff was fun for the first few pages but IV seemed intent on continuing it for just a bit longer. It just felt like it crossed the line of someone trying too hard to continue the vibing shit posts while also making it 100% explicit that "I'm just shit posting guys." I dunno, just slightly more self aware than everyone else who was casually shit posting.

It also felt like an intentional choice? Is that a right read IV? It stood out to me and I'm wondering if you were trying to accomplish something specific with the "guys I'm scum" shit posts or if you just didn't want to let go of the fun

I don't have any real thoughts on anyone else yet. OkaPoka feels the same as last game but I don't think that actually means anything for their slot. I thought the worst's pop in was kind of weird on a gut level? but I assume that's just because duck hasn't read the game yet.
This is a thoughtful post and I agree with the contents

I don't think there's a lot to get good reads off of before this post

I'm open to Cephrir being town this time but he's going to have to show it in a way that I can interpret, because his current posting makes me want to say don't townread him so fast

Though I can understand him not liking mastina being a real thought, even from last game where he was scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 303, mastina wrote:Until this post.
I'm sorry :(
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm

i missed performative dann
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 313, Dunnstral wrote:

This is a thoughtful post and I agree with the contents
While I do agree it is fairly thoughtful and the contents are objectively decent-to-good, it is very much: not a townpost.

In fact I'm
pretty
sure this is a Dann-scum post. In like...the 90% percentile range--it's not a lockscum beyond all shadow of doubt lockscum post from Dann, but I'm PRETTY sure it's Dann as scum here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 310, mastina wrote:You not posting early was a warning sign
:roll:
Dannflor wrote:
In post 303, mastina wrote:Until this post.
I'm sorry :(
Nothing to be sorry for

I'm saying that post is readable on an alignment level where previous posts really weren't
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 304, Cephrir wrote:
In post 302, Dannflor wrote:coming into the game I was trying to keep an eye out for people who were quick to try and recreate the "vibes" of last game
you may have shown this card too early
maybe but I don't think it matters that much it's less of a matter the longer the game goes and the more it becomes detached from the previous
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:42 pm

this is weird but I have been weirdly mindmelding with mastina on various things

not that I think dann is scum necessarily but like I do not townread him whatsoever

then again I didn’t townread him much last game either so I’m probably just ass at reading him
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 312, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 302, Dannflor wrote:It also felt like an intentional choice? Is that a right read IV? It stood out to me and I'm wondering if you were trying to accomplish something specific with the "guys I'm scum" shit posts or if you just didn't want to let go of the fun

i never “jumped” on cephrir in fact I think I townlean him for the post you think I jumped on him for? still poking and going through the motions, yknow

nope! not accomplishing anything specific, I appreciate that you had even a fraction of faith in me to be like an non brain dead mafia player who does things with an actual purpose ?? But no alas I will disappoint you here
I think it was that #283 felt much more aggressively worded than the situation called for

but I might have jumped on you too quickly for that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 316, mastina wrote:While I do agree it is fairly thoughtful and the contents are objectively decent-to-good, it is very much: not a townpost.

In fact I'm pretty sure this is a Dann-scum post. In like...the 90% percentile range--it's not a lockscum beyond all shadow of doubt lockscum post from Dann, but I'm PRETTY sure it's Dann as scum here.
can you expound on that with anything specific?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm waiting for mastina to lawktown me so that I can trust the rest of her reads.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hercule was also quick to gain townreads early last game

If he rolled scum again he could easily look different to look town

People started cluing in on him as the game went on and discussion about other peoples' alignments started

What I'm trying to say is that reading him off tone on the first few pages is a bad idea, again
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yeah my only serious read so far that I actually think has any significant weight is Hopkirk as town

the others are vague feels off of rvs that I'm sure will change as the day goes on

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”