TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 397, Xtoxm wrote:he also thinks scum herc would know such a play is unlikely to repay him well
can auro expand on this specifically

I don't really follow why that would be the case
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:19 am

Post by jjh927 »

Ayy it's the weekend
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

VOTE: the worst
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 400, Dannflor wrote:
In post 397, Xtoxm wrote:he also thinks scum herc would know such a play is unlikely to repay him well

hercule could have written a less detailed catalogue and then subscribed to other tendencies of his typical scum playstyle. so if he is scum, he need either present a factually incorrect outline, or holds sufficient belief that he can fool town by taking up a new way of playing as scum, whilst being aware that the amount of wifom involved makes it a comparatively frail gain. he considers both of these scenarios as low probability, with the more likely scenario being that he is speaking without chains, as a result of being town, and that there is no agenda behind what he's done.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:53 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

IV, Lamb, Dunn and Dann seem pre townie. dunn and IV to a higher degree than the other two i'd say

i kinda went through the first pages in a haze and i might've misread mastina's initial read list but idk how she came to a TL on hopkirk from that first post of his so i thought that was a bit off, unless it was just including the general gist of his early posting and not just that first one.

on a sidenote being referred to in 8 different iterations of the read list as Winter Flakes (Alt of Uncrowned) was kinda funny
-Uncrowned Alt
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Mastina agrees with me on a spooky mind-meld level in 266 and 273. can you talk more about the reads are coming from mastina?
In post 290, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 289, innocentvillager wrote:I think my townleans are Okapoka mastina Cephrir

thank you listening, see you next time
I don't townread any of these people
In post 292, AGar wrote:
In post 268, mastina wrote:AGar (null--he did check in but didn't continue to post)
Mastina, I'm going to address this directly exactly once because you did this shit last game and you seem to have not learned:

I am not going to nolife this game.
I am not going to "hang around" after I post if I have something else to do or even just don't feel like staring at a mafia game spamming F5.
I am not going to ignore my job or my other responsibilities to post repeatedly in this game.
I am going to do my damndest to avoid spam posting because the very thought rips the will to play out of my soul.
I will frequently come in, comment, give my thoughts, and then dip out and do something else.

You keep throwing out there things like this like it's inherently something that is bad and it always has a tone of suspicion to it. Newsflash: it's just how I play. I am not going to change and I am not going to apologize. So either try and get a policy yeet rolling on me or fucking drop it.
In post 271, Cephrir wrote:Please don't post your read list every page
Please. Nobody cares.
I like IV so far.
Dann seems ok to me.
I'm gonna vibe with Ceph because he's got the same anger burning inside him that I do.
mastina wrote:
In post 214, Titus wrote:
VLA until Sunday
I feel so shit for saying this, but:

I'm so sorry you rolled scum this game Titus. :(
this feels so overly aggressive. dislike
In post 302, Dannflor wrote:
In post 272, Dannflor wrote:rvs read list inc <3
oh I guess I wasn't joking

Spoiler: serious rvs analysis time
coming into the game I was trying to keep an eye out for people who were quick to try and recreate the "vibes" of last game but either felt like they were forcing it or just felt distinctly different from last game in how they went about it. Very start of this game has ythan, hopkirk, okapoka, hercule, and IV talking the most. There's no actual content here but it's the type of memey early back and forth that creates (dare I say) good vibes between people and that scum wouldn't hate to establish a foothold in (like hercule had so pointedly done at the very beginning of last game).

off the bat I do agree that hercule feels different this game. He's less shy about directly interacting with people so far and I vaguely liked that he was the one that took the initiative on the meme xtoxm wagon. I don't think his change in approach or tone are things that he wouldn't necessarily be able to do as scum, and I think watching to see if he's able to keep this same type of energy up over a longer period of time will be most indicative for him, but for now I'm comfortable putting him slightly above everyone else.

ythan was who I originally landed on as feeling somewhat suspicious out of the starting meme/vibe/hangout group. just a purely gut reaction but he felt more on the outside looking in and #83 in particular just felt like kind of a forced way to match his energy to the thread. Reading back now though, I don't really see his posting so much as trying to cement himself within the vibes (whatever the hell that actually means) as just poking around rather nonchalantly. He doesn't post that much and doesn't seem particularly desperate to be "in the vibes" which is my new term for people trying to get themselves in the early meme town block I guess?

I actually do lean town on Hopkirk. I won't go into details but I was having a terrible day at work so I think it's at least a little town indicative that Hopkirk and Hectic were sensitive to me feeling a little more dour than usual today? At least, I feel like it should be town indicative. I'm not really giving the same points to Mastina given she came in after Hopkirk and her approach feels a little less curious/thoughtful than Hopkirk's wtr to my slot. although I don't scum read her.

innocent villager I ended up switching my vote to after just one too many posts that I felt were... a little forced? Like to me, the "hahaha I'm scum no I'm not let's be silly guys" stuff was fun for the first few pages but IV seemed intent on continuing it for just a bit longer. It just felt like it crossed the line of someone trying too hard to continue the vibing shit posts while also making it 100% explicit that "I'm just shit posting guys." I dunno, just slightly more self aware than everyone else who was casually shit posting.

It also felt like an intentional choice? Is that a right read IV? It stood out to me and I'm wondering if you were trying to accomplish something specific with the "guys I'm scum" shit posts or if you just didn't want to let go of the fun

Also I'm not sure I vibe with your jump on Cephrir as I think interpreting "don't post your reads list every page" as "Cephrir must hate mastina's reads" feels like just looking for something to attack

I don't have any real thoughts on anyone else yet. OkaPoka feels the same as last game but I don't think that actually means anything for their slot. I thought the worst's pop in was kind of weird on a gut level? but I assume that's just because duck hasn't read the game yet.
i kind of like the first point but it kind of reads as a bit too 'this is my good reasons for doing what i was doing, i'm doing good things'
agree on herc
can you talk more about your vibes on ythan? i feel like 83 sounds the same as they did last game tonally
hope things are looking up for you soon
could you point out what IV stuff you mean? interacting with him at the time i didn't get a feeling he was forcing it at all. everyone who doesn't like IV seems to be people who came in afterwards?

In post 307, Cephrir wrote:i mean, because she shitted up last game by making boatloads of massive, irrelevant posts about stuff that had happened 80 pages ago, and i would like her to stop doing that.
i don't get your problem with this? are you saying it's lamist or just throwing shade?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 397, Xtoxm wrote:he is confused at the number of people treating mastina in an insulting way, and notes that he has mastina as locktown (????)
They fear mastina - right or wrong, she'll dig her heels in and they're afraid she'll be right.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:19 am

To put it another way, discrediting mastina this early in the game is Scummy McScummerson.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:21 am

In post 399, Dunnstral wrote:It's crazy that you went right back to only posting Auro's opinions, and you
just
got tripped up on that in the last game.

I guess you guys were disconnected and didn't ever understand why I was pushing you?

Also, these townreads and scumreads make me queasy. Something about the charisma values and the reads, it feels like a scum point of view.
This time, he's not passing his teammate's opinion as his own. I can appreciate that his team is chipping in to boost his contribution, so at least we'll be able to read his alignment based on actual content.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 327, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:(It helps Hercule's entrance was garbage, but honestly I was just waiting to Mastina to post one of these lists so I can do my standard Mastina play which is just to eliminate players in inverse order of her preference.)

It wins the game more than it loses the game, and that's a fact.
In post 328, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 326, OkaPoka wrote:her n you have some history?
There is one rule with Mastina's reads.

Take her read list, and start killing from towniest to scumiest in order.

You will win the game before you lose it, almost always. Without fail.
i don't like the bracketed part in 327 at all. it feels off and there's a crazy amount of people shading mastina right now
In post 333, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 331, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 330, OkaPoka wrote:thumb s up i guess you do you
I encourage you to join, though I know you probably won't go for it just based off Mastina being a 0% read magnet.

With that in mind, I point you to Hercule's entrance, which was god awful.
in we gooo baby

i can vibe with this but you need to confess your crush on mastina

VOTE: hercule
careful, Greyice is gonna get ya if you try and ship Mastina/LLD
In post 336, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 19, hercule wrote:helloooooooooooooooooooo my friends it feels great to be here. i made a vocaroo reaction to my role pm but implosion said they would prefer for me not to post it so.

i will try to reel in the insufferably lamisty energy i exude but i do just want to express one thought that's fucking funny to me. i kept referring to my team as the 4/4 town gods last game cuz i told them i wanted everyone to embody our full team flipping town and let it seep into everyone's game cuz i was the only one who flipped mafia and i wanted to manifest myself as town. and then IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED lmaooo 4/4 town gods for real. they all got scumflips on d1 so time for us to do the same.

but still fuck ABR
this is the more damning post in my mind. Pre-writing is one thing if you don;t know your alignment, but this post has to have come post alignment knowledge by definition.

And it's fucking attrocious.
i townread that post because it makes no sense. like i've reread it twice just now and have no idea what herc is trying to say there. it outright doesn't give any vibes of 'prewritten' because prewritten would make more sense. it also sounds kinda nonsensical which doesn't feel like scum trying to look good in an opening vibewise
In post 346, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 344, OkaPoka wrote:of things that could've been prewrote before thread unlock, he could've also definitely had 1 and 2 prewritten, at least 2's ideas could've been pre-thought out and he just had to translate it to words
Even if 2 is pre-written, him sayign "i recorded a audio file of my reaction to my role pm" is confirmable that Hercule knows his alignment at the time of writing it, unless you're suggesting he's lying about that.... which would also make him scummy, so I'm not sure where the objection is.
from my experience of you in our last game, you don't seem to understand the concept of 'people might be joking'. y'know, the one where you hard pushed me as scum because i dropped a joke-post restriction in an open setup where there's no post restrictions after 2 days of the game because it was clearly impossible to keep up the joke-post restriction long term?

did you actually read 'i recorded an audio file' as serious here? that feels so over the top not-getting-an-obvious-joke that it might be town indicative...
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 376, Almost50 wrote:Before I read anything I would like to apologize to everyone for my BS reads in the cancelled game. Shame on me. :oops:

I would especially like to apologize to DGB for tunneling, but I would also apologize to the rest of the Town (or should I say "who were Town) for misreading hercule (this one goes especially to mastina), Xtoxm (almost everybody) and ABR (I don't remember who SR's him and who hard TR'd him)

But the ONE good SR I had was on Cephrir.

With that being said, I am TOWN this time around too. (mastina can still keep me in the bottom third of her read list, I don't mind) :P

And now.. the waltz!

Spoiler:
without quoting five long posts, your vibes feel off here. you seem overly manic in a way that feels kinda fake/trying to look overenthusiastic

(also as a sidenote i think you've taken the concept of
shit
posting a little too literally in that pic for me only)
In post 385, Cephrir wrote:Let's just all quotestripe unimportant posts from 8 pages ago so that the game will never actually start.

Pretty indifferent to the hercule thing.
how do you read A50 right now
In post 393, Ythan wrote:It's in poor taste.
agree with this btw. the first time you made the joke i glazed over it. the second time you made it i actively didn't exhale any air
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:37 am

In post 397, Xtoxm wrote:auro's opinion on hercule talking about his scum playstyle is that it's town indicitive
he says that scum can steal a march on a possible question about it by posting in this way, but that it would be unnecessary to go into such depth
herc believes that he will be able to earn townreads from the way he plays, which, if scum, would require confidence on hercs part that he can both make a substantial change in the way plays scum, and also get townread doing it
he also thinks scum herc would know such a play is unlikely to repay him well

he criticizes llds push on hercs 2nd post, saying repeated attacks have been made but no explanation of why it is scum indicative
why scum, as opposed to exhilarated town? does she expect the hercule is disingenuous in his belief that his team has players that are strong in town roles?

he is confused at the number of people treating mastina in an insulting way, and notes that he has mastina as locktown (????)
feels that agar reacted disproportionately to mastina calling him null, however he's not sure if it's alignment indicitive

at this point he offers a readslist:
town: mastina, hercule, iv, ceph
scum: agar, lld, dgb

his stomach feeling on a50 is scum. i've told him that i veto any d1 a50 vote wishes he has.
I don't like:
  • The read on herc is super convoluted, it goes back and forth and I don't understand why auro leans town on it. His approach isn't commonly seen, and personally I am unable to ascribe a lean in any direction, I fail to comprehend how anyone can feel so strongly about it.
  • Scumreading LLD for her aggressive scum read of hercule without considering that an aggressive town read is just as bizarre.
  • Completely unexplained scum read on me (also I know it's wrong, so there's that).
I like:
  • Scumreading LLD for her aggressive scum read of hercule is a reasonable position to take in isolation.
  • Noticing AGar flinching when poked with a null read.
Xtoxm, please ask your other team members for reads while the game is still young and it won't take them an eternity.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 394, Almost50 wrote:And.. I'm all quote up. Tool me only 11 posts (compared to -say- IV's 90+) to show my true colours. (Although
I am not as very transparently Town as I was the time before
).

Time to milk you all for the TRs on me though (don't forget to ask your teammates. Should I go quote that post from the old thread?)
idk if this is locktown or lockscum
In post 396, Dannflor wrote:not to steal cephrir's schtick but I'm not entirely sure that there was one single alignment indicative line in all of those posts
?
that's an odd view considering your wall earlier. there's a lot of stuff from A50 that feels a bit tonally off to me
In post 397, Xtoxm wrote:auro's opinion on hercule talking about his scum playstyle is that it's town indicitive
he says that scum can steal a march on a possible question about it by posting in this way, but that it would be unnecessary to go into such depth
herc believes that he will be able to earn townreads from the way he plays, which, if scum, would require confidence on hercs part that he can both make a substantial change in the way plays scum, and also get townread doing it
he also thinks scum herc would know such a play is unlikely to repay him well

he criticizes llds push on hercs 2nd post, saying repeated attacks have been made but no explanation of why it is scum indicative
why scum, as opposed to exhilarated town? does she expect the hercule is disingenuous in his belief that his team has players that are strong in town roles?

he is confused at the number of people treating mastina in an insulting way, and notes that he has mastina as locktown (????)
feels that agar reacted disproportionately to mastina calling him null, however he's not sure if it's alignment indicitive

at this point he offers a readslist:
town: mastina, hercule, iv, ceph
scum: agar, lld, dgb

his stomach feeling on a50 is scum. i've told him that i veto any d1 a50 vote wishes he has.
why are you exclusively giving Auro's reads of the game? personally i want to hear what flavor leaf thinks
In post 399, Dunnstral wrote:It's crazy that you went right back to only posting Auro's opinions, and you
just
got tripped up on that in the last game.

I guess you guys were disconnected and didn't ever understand why I was pushing you?

Also, these townreads and scumreads make me queasy. Something about the charisma values and the reads, it feels like a scum point of view.
+town
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 403, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 400, Dannflor wrote:

hercule could have written a less detailed catalogue and then subscribed to other tendencies of his typical scum playstyle. so if he is scum, he need either present a factually incorrect outline, or holds sufficient belief that he can fool town by taking up a new way of playing as scum, whilst being aware that the amount of wifom involved makes it a comparatively frail gain. he considers both of these scenarios as low probability, with the more likely scenario being that he is speaking without chains, as a result of being town, and that there is no agenda behind what he's done.
is this auro explaining it or what you think?
In post 404, Winter Flakes wrote:IV, Lamb, Dunn and Dann seem pre townie. dunn and IV to a higher degree than the other two i'd say

i kinda went through the first pages in a haze and i might've misread mastina's initial read list but idk how she came to a TL on hopkirk from that first post of his so i thought that was a bit off, unless it was just including the general gist of his early posting and not just that first one.

on a sidenote being referred to in 8 different iterations of the read list as Winter Flakes (Alt of Uncrowned) was kinda funny
hi Winter Flakes (Alt of Uncrowned), clearly i have no ability to read you and i'm going to stop trying before it starts to get embarrassing. is there anyone here who's good at reading you that i can sheep?
also how's ydrasse reading me? :oops:
In post 407, DrippingGoofball wrote:To put it another way, discrediting mastina this early in the game is Scummy McScummerson.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i'll just quote that again shall i
In post 407, DrippingGoofball wrote:To put it another way, discrediting mastina this early in the game is Scummy McScummerson.
are you scumreading everyone shading mastina?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:44 am

In post 412, Hopkirk wrote:why are you exclusively giving Auro's reads of the game? personally i want to hear what flavor leaf thinks
FL is on Xtoxm's team? arrrright let's go go go

We want those reads!

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

not that i have anything against you auro, i just like a bit of flavor
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

the way that the playlist includes numbers and team names that i have to manually remove hurts me
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:47 am

In post 414, Hopkirk wrote:i'll just quote that again shall i
are you scumreading everyone shading mastina?
No.

There's a certain quality to LLD's push that screams wanting to keep the genie in the bottle.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i was going to do a poe list but hectic is telling me he disagrees with a lot of my reads
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

@Hopkirk

I'd say the only person in this plist who'd be able to meta read me correctly is the worst
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

ydrasse hasn't commented on the game but will let you know when she does
-Uncrowned Alt
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hectic's thoughts (enjoy them while we’ve got them, i asked Flopz but he just said lol and insulted me a bit when I suggested that he might want to read the game)
- Herc’s ‘4 town gods’ comment felt fake because it wasn’t funny. Herc said it was funny and hectic disagrees.
- liked Dann's RVS analysis as parts felt natural. It didn’t feel forced/he wasn’t rushing to get involved and look town. Hectic disagrees with my dislike because ‘it being off in terms of vibes’ is less important than dann getting good things out of it.
-A50 usually easiest to read when being over the top/having fun- feels town. we talked about this one a bit more and hectic agreed it feels a bit more over the top and forced than normal- but that not having much scumhunting in it probably makes it town indicative
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 420, Winter Flakes wrote:@Hopkirk

I'd say the only person in this plist who'd be able to meta read me correctly is the worst
wait are you not even going to throw any shade at me after i admitted that? you did last time... :o
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

first fourish pages still feel natural vibes on a reread

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”