Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Prism »

I straight up do not have the votes to get you flipped unless I take the town hostage. There are very real problems with the slot that effort/the Esoteric NK do not completely redeem. I expect it to flip scum about as much as I do Frederick.

There is a lot of history here that I can go into another time, but I refuse to lose the same away over and over by letting my intensity turn me into a unilateralist dictator who demands too much and only pays verbal homage to respecting the views of others. This is me vs. fferyllt in the sense that fferyllt very much wants me to be that player, insists that it is me at my best, and I adamantly disagree. The aspects of my play she views as my strengths are to me me at my worst, and the aspects I have spent years obsessively trying to change. I am not the same player I was 3 years ago, and if I lose then so be it, but it will not be the same way.
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:33 am

Post by fairyprincess69 »

In post 1422, Prism wrote:I don't want to lose, in short, and am risking a lot by going against my scumread to do so. This is more than a single vote to me.
i'm beginning to gutread spartan as town as im making my way through the thread and would willingly sheep you if you feel that strongly about floo
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Prism »

ie. If literally no one else sees it, I am down to trust the other players more than myself, especially when the slot has a very real chance of flipping scum
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Prism »

Unless you legitimately scumread floo don't vote them Fairy, people feeling obligated to follow me is exactly what I don't want,
especially in a Newbie game

I'm still out/on my phone but I'm down to talk about the slot more if you want, what are you guys townreading? And I can't remember if you have updated thoughts on floo
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Prism »

gut townreading* but that works too
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Prism »

That said I am being delusional, this isn't some grand test of my philosophy as a player, just a deadline elim. Classic.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:47 am

Post by floo »

In post 1424, fairyprincess69 wrote:
In post 1108, floo wrote: It's irrationally defensive at best, arrogantly scummy at worst. The underlying thought process in any case is "I'm so towny, how could someone scumread me?"
floo i find your basis to begin scumreading salsa confusing - doesn't this indignation suggest a town mindset rather than a scum one?
I've seen scum think "I'm so town" both explicitly and implicitly (i.e. in their tone). It reveals that they do not understand why they are being scumread - this can be both valid (for example being scumread due to a wrong understanding of how the power roles work) and invalid (not understanding that there are parts of their style which are noticeably scummy).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Prism »

Wait I missed 1424!

THIS IS LITERALLY MY ENTIRE POINT FAIRY THANK YOUUUUUU, like there is an indignant town world that floo did not even remotely account for before just baiting more out to shove
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:01 pm

but lack of objectivity has to be a town trait - you know you're town, so you're going to treat suspicion agaisnt you flippantly/dismissively. there's a sense of entitlement in playing town in which you can't see why people would think you're scummy

self consciousness is inherent in playing a scum role. people have legitimate reasons to suspect you're mafia since... well you're mafia.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 1433, fairyprincess69 wrote:you know you're town, so you're going to treat suspicion agaisnt you flippantly/dismissively. there's a sense of entitlement in playing town in which you can't see why people would think you're scummy
I strongly disagree, dismissing suspicions on you is super scummy
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Prism »

5 hours to deadline. We need to consolidate ASAP.

VOTE: Floo should have the votes now w/ quiet and fairy

flow trap, do you think Spartan is scum?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm still willing to vote Spartan and hunt around but with Frederick in another timezone this is rough. People need to show up and vote.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by quiet »

@Floo do you find Prism to be scummy for their positioning towards you? Is that what you are suggesting?

@Prism I'm willing to vote floo today, I just don't feel great about it. But you don't feel great about Spartian. If we miss on floo, do you think we hit on Spartian tmmrw? Or do I need to think even harder.
In post 1420, fferyllt wrote:Spartan117 (2): flow trap, Prism
quiet (1): Spartan117
floo (1): Fredrick A Campbell
fairyprincess69 (1): floo
Fred parked on floo is decently interesting. Fred is a good partner candidate for both Spartian and Floo frankly; I'm really, really hoping I'm right about my TR on fairy, I feel incredibly confident about my TR on Prism (especially given today's posting). Other reasonable partner is Flow Trap.

Flow trap has been parked on Spartan for a bit.
Feels really important to hear from Spartian today. I'm struggling to choose between those two slots at the moment.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by quiet »

*between floo and spartian
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1437, quiet wrote:@Prism I'm willing to vote floo today, I just don't feel great about it. But you don't feel great about Spartian. If we miss on floo, do you think we hit on Spartian tmmrw? Or do I need to think even harder.
No clue lmfao but given that the alternative will probably me, yeah?

Who's your top vote for the day? Last I remember you wanted floo, do you want Spartan #1 now?

Don't think it's a secret that I hate flow trap's absence today but that's a tomorrow problem, no chance we vote him atm
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm watching something atm so I'm a bit sidetracked, I'll think on that more and get back to you
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 1435, Prism wrote:5 hours to deadline. We need to consolidate ASAP.

Yes

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Prism »

I agree some Spartan content would also be nice, is he American? Does anyone know?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1441, flow trap wrote:
In post 1435, Prism wrote:5 hours to deadline. We need to consolidate ASAP.

Yes
Can you argue for this a bit more forcefully or are you waiting until Elo to toss us a bone?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay Spartan definitely posts around this time usually

Sup dude
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by quiet »

I'll be on till deadline, as well. Trying to formulate a better opinion on why Floo vs. Spartian.

Things that scare me about floo: Very cautious, deliberate, sometimes avoiding responses to harder questions. For all that care, suprisingly poor case vs. Salsa.
Things that scare me about spartian: Don't like their positioning towards me/Fred, I could see conspicuous absences letting town miselims, fall off today in posting/effort vs. strong opening out of the gate.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 1443, Prism wrote:Can you argue for this a bit more forcefully or are you waiting until Elo to toss us a bone?
I'm on mobile ATM moment, so I'll wait till I find a computer

quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 1439, Prism wrote:No clue lmfao but given that the alternative will probably me, yeah?

Who's your top vote for the day? Last I remember you wanted floo, do you want Spartan #1 now?

Don't think it's a secret that I hate flow trap's absence today but that's a tomorrow problem, no chance we vote him atm
Eh, you are locktown to me to the point that I never, ever vote you and will shout at anyone that tries. Prism wrongtown here seems way more likely to me than scumPrism and fuck if you are playing me yesterday with your pro town cohesion stuff and today with your wall of anxiety posts around proving your towngame philosophy to our intrepid moderator, then I'll forgive you in like six months.

Top vote today is spartianFloo cluster of I could see either. I'm leaning voting spartian by just a little bit because I hate the absence, and I happen to know how I flip, so them pushing me for mediocre reasons makes me like them less than Floo who I have no proof about at this stage.

My brain says there are two scum in {floo, spartian, fred, flow trap}, where fred and flow are just hard to vote up today.

Spartian seemed willing to vote up Fred today and pushed pretty hard at me for not being willing to do so, which makes a Spartian/Fred team hard to see. Fred is also voting floo right now. So I guess that suggests {Spartian, Flow Trap}, but flow has been voting Spartian from well before needing to bus. So that team really doesn't make a lot of sense either.

{Floo, flow} works fine though.

I hate partner analysis and think this one is terrible, but maybe that's a slight push in favor of voting floo. Or maybe scum is bussing and I'm being stupid here and none of today's votes mean much.
shadowslug
shadowslug
Goon
shadowslug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by shadowslug »

In post 1428, Prism wrote:Unless you legitimately scumread floo don't vote them Fairy, people feeling obligated to follow me is exactly what I don't want,
especially in a Newbie game

I'm still out/on my phone but I'm down to talk about the slot more if you want, what are you guys townreading? And I can't remember if you have updated thoughts on floo
well in that case now i want spartan.... LOL
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:46 pm

FML wrong account again. I really need to learn not to do that. @quiet am i correct in understanding you have only played 1 prior mafia game to this? what about other websites?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”