farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 am

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:
Are you always a huge asshole, or just sometimes?
???
My role is that if at the end of the game I'm left alive with a scum, town wins.
OK, so you're scum then? Or am I missing something?
He is claiming survivorist role. That's what I read. Usually the survivorist wins as town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 am

Post by icemanE »

What do you think the odds are that there's a role like that in this game? Good? Bad?

I'm leaning towards believing his claim, if that's the case, as he sounds inexperienced enough that he wouldn't pick survivor as a fake claim.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:16 am

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:What do you think the odds are that there's a role like that in this game? Good? Bad?

I'm leaning towards believing his claim, if that's the case, as he sounds inexperienced enough that he wouldn't pick survivor as a fake claim.
I agree. I don't think it's a fake claim. I was expecting slacker as vanilla.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:22 am

Post by icemanE »

But does slacker really "make sense" as a survivor? Again, I'm still not seeing how flavor and role align meaningfully, and therefore I don't think they do.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:28 am

Post by icemanE »

Here's the description of survivor from the wiki:
The survivor is a lone player who wins if he is alive when any faction achieves their win condition. Often the survivor is powerless, occasionally he may be nightkill immune or have some other power designed to help him survive to the endgame.
Actually, when you think about it, that role claim doesn't make much sense at all as being aligned with town. If he's alive when there's only one scum alive, that means both town and mafia win. I doubt that's the case. So he's either third party, scum, or babygirl has invented a totally new role (possible, but IMO not likely).

I'm reconsidering my position on the claim.

Rock - what's the
name
of your role? i.e., the person who can protect at night is called the doctor, and the guy who can investigate at night is called the cop. You've told us what you can do, now please tell us what you're called. I highly doubt you're "the guy who wins if he's alive with a scum".
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:06 am

Post by orangepenguin »

The Survivor role makes perfect sense in the Reality Mafia sense. Survivor = reality show, so it would be the opportunity to use it. I believe Rock.

Ice, I was only asking flavor to see if Tomb/cerebus were telling the truth. I could care less about flavour, since they don't add up.

Since you said that everyone claimed, can we make a list for clarity sakes?

Orangepenguin: Star/Vanilla Townie
Rock: Slacker/Survivor?
farside: Comedian
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by farside22 »

orangepenguin wrote:The Survivor role makes perfect sense in the Reality Mafia sense. Survivor = reality show, so it would be the opportunity to use it. I believe Rock.

Ice, I was only asking flavor to see if Tomb/cerebus were telling the truth. I could care less about flavour, since they don't add up.

Since you said that everyone claimed, can we make a list for clarity sakes?

Orangepenguin: Star/Vanilla Townie
Rock: Slacker/Survivor?
farside: Comedian
Comedian/ vanilla townie
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin: Star/Vanilla Townie
farside: Comedian/Vanilla Townie
Rock: Slacker/Survivorist
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 am

Post by icemanE »

@OP -

I can believe there's a survivor, it's certainly plausible, but that doesn't mean it's a town-aligned role. Most often the survivor is a 3rd party role, meaning it has it's own win conditions - i.e., if they're one of the two final players, they and they alone win - that is, the town still loses. However, we're in the market to catch scum here, so we can set rock aside for now and deal with that issue later.

For reference:

Athlete / vanilla
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Can we get a vote count?
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:36 am

Post by PimHel »

I already claimed:
student/vanilla
Rockatansky
Rockatansky
Townie
Rockatansky
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Rockatansky »

Guys,

I subbed in for tom, not cerebus. I'm not the slacker. I'm the Badass/Hunter. I've seen "hunter" used to describe the role I have here, and I've seen it used to describe various vig-type roles that have a one-shot kill or revenge kill. However, I don't have any type of killing ability.

iceman,

sorry I jumped on you, but just because one person is calling for a mass claim doesn't mean that everyone has agreed to it or that it's a good idea. I was understandably wary when I saw you demanding that I claim my role. We haven't learned anything from the claims as far as I can tell, since everyone else has claimed vanilla, and now I will definitely be NKed before f3. It looks like overall the mass claim hasn't really done anything for the town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

Rockatansky wrote:Guys,

I subbed in for tom, not cerebus. I'm not the slacker. I'm the Badass/Hunter. I've seen "hunter" used to describe the role I have here, and I've seen it used to describe various vig-type roles that have a one-shot kill or revenge kill. However, I don't have any type of killing ability.

iceman,

sorry I jumped on you, but just because one person is calling for a mass claim doesn't mean that everyone has agreed to it or that it's a good idea. I was understandably wary when I saw you demanding that I claim my role. We haven't learned anything from the claims as far as I can tell, since everyone else has claimed vanilla, and now I will definitely be NKed before f3. It looks like overall the mass claim hasn't really done anything for the town.
Sorry I thought you subbed for cerebus that was my fault.
Badass as a survivor? That is just weird.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:44 am

Post by babygirl86 »

alright heres the 'finally have all active players' votecount:

Orangepenguin (2)- sotty7, farside
Pimhel (1)- icemanE
Rockatansky (1)- orangepenguin

not voting (3): skruffs, pimhel, rockatansky
Last edited by babygirl86 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:42 am

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote

I don't think Rock is scum.
Mod:
Where is PimHel's vote ?

oops my bad. fixing the vote count now
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:51 am

Post by icemanE »

It's just weird that I've never seen a role that functions like that called hunter. Hunter has always been, as Rock said, usually a vig-like role.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:53 am

Post by icemanE »

@Rock - the massclaim, once it's finished, will definitely be useful in more ways than one. Once we're able to look at all the pieces at the same time, things will start to come together.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by icemanE »

Just for the record, the regular voting format instead of the two random people was part of my prize.
@OP -

Any particular reason you chose to use the power today?
farside wrote: I like that. It works well and clears half the town. Can you find out before the day ends and ask the question or do you have to wait till night time? Because if you have to wait then I fear you will be dead.
That quote references OP's feather-rock scheme. This looks really strange coming from farside because: A. It doesn't clear half the town and B. She said earlier that she thought OP and I were scum together. So then, A. Why would she care if he died at night? B. According to her theory, he'd be scum, and therefore wouldn't die at night, and C. If she thought he was scum, why on earth would she trust his answers?

A. It doesn't cl
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

icemanE wrote:
Just for the record, the regular voting format instead of the two random people was part of my prize.
@OP -

Any particular reason you chose to use the power today?
Before the day started, babygirl asked me if I wanted to use my voting thing, and had to wait for me to respond before she started it. We have lynched 0 people, and we're getting to the point that if we didn't lynch scum, we'd lose. It really wasn't the best choice for me, cause it put me on the chopping block the day after I came under suspicion, but it was the best for the town, and if I was lynched due to putting myself on the chopping block, than so be it.

It seemed like the right thing to do. Had I waited another day, it just wouldn't have been good, unless the odd chance we had two scum up for lynch and we finally decided to lynch somebody for a change instead of no lynching.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 am

Post by icemanE »

@OP -

Did you have the option to choose two people to be up for elimination as well?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:18 am

Post by orangepenguin »

icemanE wrote:@OP -

Did you have the option to choose two people to be up for elimination as well?
No, I did not. That was BM's prize.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:42 am

Post by icemanE »

Right, but if you'd declined to use your power today, presumably, we'd have a choice between two people to lynch again, correct?
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

bump. also posting to let you guys know that we've got tornado like winds here right now so I will more than likely lose internet for a few days
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

icemanE wrote:Right, but if you'd declined to use your power today, presumably, we'd have a choice between two people to lynch again, correct?
Yeah. It'd be just like before. After today, it will return to that format.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

icemanE wrote:Everyone but you and skruffs has claimed. It's a massclaim. That's how they work.
Looking back I hadn't claimed yet.

Token older guy/vanilla.

While OP might be telling the truth, we are still very likely in lylo which means all it takes is for one misplaced townie vote to win the game for the scum assuming a three man team. Rather than roll the dice and see which two people the mod would put together, the scum would much rather like the chance to jump on ANYONE to grab the win here. Plus there is the possibility that the two people put in the head to head would have both been scum.

Also with that thought in mind, OP has been two away from a lynch for quite some time now. Plus all the players have checked in. if he was a townie wouldn't the scum have hopped on and won the game by now?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”