TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

play this game is warped

i know i feel like i kinda need to walk on eggshells atm? usually this is the moment where im all free flowy and lol wagoning people but ehh idk if im alone in this feeling
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

hey then again im probably a lil rusty on playing these type of games whereas last game i was more used to it as i was kinda fresh coming out of the chaos of a dance game

i havent played one of these warped games for like a year so /shrug ill relearn
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Don't complain if you're not voting LLD !!!!!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

now i dont want to come off as complaining~ there are many benefits to a game being played like this which is why im voting with LLD
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 947, DrippingGoofball wrote:You sound very nervous and afraid.
no he doesn't?
In post 949, innocentvillager wrote:ugh why is it so much harder to get reads this game than last game? is anyone else feeling the same way?
yes, but it's easier for me to fake reads than have real ones i think
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 750, Hopkirk wrote:this is really surface level? how much exp do you have with LLD?
I mean sure you can say that but I've used this several times including last game and I was right. I legitimately think it's >rand town behavior and the rest of LLDs posting supports that imo

I have no experience with LLD prior to this
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

@Dann

what dont you like about my TW vote?
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

and instead of just saying that maybe explain what you dont like about my thought process on him?

and if you just say you SR me for it because of gamestate but dont SR ceph for doing the same thing I'm just going to assume you two are buds
-Uncrowned Alt
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

you're not voting with LLD, why?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 958, OkaPoka wrote:you're not voting with LLD, why?
Because she's scum :cry: :cry: :cry:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 958, OkaPoka wrote:you're not voting with LLD, why?
a t @ w i n t e r f l a k e s
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

not in a sheeping mood

ill read the reasoning on him and the ISOs shortly
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

Hercules ISO is pretty townie to me ngl

turns out my initial thought on him was actually a misread on my behalf as well lmao
-Uncrowned Alt
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 956, Winter Flakes wrote:@Dann

what dont you like about my TW vote?
In post 957, Winter Flakes wrote:and instead of just saying that maybe explain what you dont like about my thought process on him?

and if you just say you SR me for it because of gamestate but dont SR ceph for doing the same thing I'm just going to assume you two are buds
I did kind of explain but maybe you missed it

there's a difference between the votes in that I felt like you had to talk yourself into it and it didn't feel very genuine to me. Like you were showing off your thought process rather than actually having a thought process. performative in other words. But someone, I think Oka, said that might not be alignment indicative for you, and I know some players can just have more uh... performative streaks (I am one) so that's also why I didn't accompany the scum read with a vote

also it's just a bad vote in like I don't know what you hope to accomplish with it

Ceph's was a bad vote too but it didn't have all the performative stuff about why he was doing it, it seemed like he made the decision on his own time and he wasn't deliberate about setting it up as making sense to anyone else
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 962, Winter Flakes wrote:Hercules ISO is pretty townie to me ngl
can you go deeper
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

I think mafia is just a performative game in general and both alignments perform to an extent

but im not sure you can argue that when you asked me to talk about him? this definitely feels more like a read against my post style moreso than an actual read

and sure but im on my phone so it'll take me a bit
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

ok so im just not gonna quote and code to save time bc I despise mobile posting for the most part

so Hercules opening to me is more often than not a slight +town. it feels sincere in the sense that there's a high chance he gets called out on it down the road and elimmed if he ends up playing similarly to the scum meta he laid out. Along with this, I do find it reasonable to assume hes being truthful that he's not the type of player comfortable with outing his meta and then being forced to change it drastically for an entire game.

if you want to ignore the opening and consider is NAI that's fine. But later on when we get to his engagement with LLD, I do see someone who is attempting a good faith engagement with a slot that seems tunnelled on them. Like he almost seems in disbelief that he's being approached in this way and that people are going along with the wagon.

he doesnt seem desperate to defend himself, but instead more just annoyed at the fact he's being engaged in a manner where he can't "get a word in" so to speak.

couple that with him having a lot of instances of what I'd classify as "stream of consciousness" posting and I'd say im relatively confident he's town this game
-Uncrowned Alt
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 966, Winter Flakes wrote:ok so im just not gonna quote and code to save time bc I despise mobile posting for the most part

so Hercules opening to me is more often than not a slight +town. it feels sincere in the sense that there's a high chance he gets called out on it down the road and elimmed if he ends up playing similarly to the scum meta he laid out. Along with this, I do find it reasonable to assume hes being truthful that he's not the type of player comfortable with outing his meta and then being forced to change it drastically for an entire game.

if you want to ignore the opening and consider is NAI that's fine. But later on when we get to his engagement with LLD, I do see someone who is attempting a good faith engagement with a slot that seems tunnelled on them. Like he almost seems in disbelief that he's being approached in this way and that people are going along with the wagon.

he doesnt seem desperate to defend himself, but instead more just annoyed at the fact he's being engaged in a manner where he can't "get a word in" so to speak.

couple that with him having a lot of instances of what I'd classify as "stream of consciousness" posting and I'd say im relatively confident he's town this game
hmm
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 963, Dannflor wrote:Like you were showing off your thought process rather than actually having a thought process.
so how do you differentiate between these two? I think it's hard to make that call off of one post without the context of a grander trajectory over the course of a game
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 963, Dannflor wrote:also it's just a bad vote in like I don't know what you hope to accomplish with it
interesting that my off main wagon votes are bad to you this game, but you didnt mention them at all last game when I was off main wagons for 99.5% of the game? unless you did comment on it and im forgetting?

but I mean I was planning on potentially getting a wagon going but since he's gonna be gone it'll be more worthwhile to move it.

not going to lld or hercule tho
-Uncrowned Alt
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:30 pm

In post 968, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 963, Dannflor wrote:Like you were showing off your thought process rather than actually having a thought process.
so how do you differentiate between these two? I think it's hard to make that call off of one post without the context of a grander trajectory over the course of a game
This I don't agree with.

It's pretty clear to me the difference between fabricating a thought process to try and generate a specific reaction from others vs. following a thought process to attempt to decipher the reactions.

I think it was pretty clear the motivation of hercule was to try and dismantle his wagon, but he was doing it while voting me, at me. He has me as scum, so why is he trying to convince me he's town? what is the point of that operation?

I think the logical extension is that they are someone who wants to be seen doing a thign that townies are meant to do: engaging, sharing points, making "Content" and through that escape his wagon by losing pressure from medium voters.

But not doing something an actual townie would do. I think that picking the interaction with me doesn't serve a townie purpose. They're not reevaluating me. They're not going to convince me if indeed they really think I am scum. So what are they doing?

It's for the benefit of others to see. And when I denied them that interaction point, they were kind of taken aback and you can easily see that. So they went for option 2, doubling down on me.

Which went more poorly. And if the intent was to get reads on others... and convince others they are town

they would have backed off, abandoned me, and went to do that.

but they didn't. It was ALWAYS about getting that interaction with me. And that's the point Dann and I are making. They were not doing townie motivation style actions, they were doing actions with the intent of LOOKING like a townie.

If you think wanting to look like a townie in that position in that way is town, I'm not going to say it's impossible for town to do that or want to do that

but I think it comes much more likely from scum.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 536, mastina wrote:hercule
Hopkirk
innocentvillager
OkaPoka
Dunnstral

jjh927
Cephrir
Ythan
AGar
Almost50

Winter Flakes (alt of Uncrowned)
DrippingGoofball

Xtoxm

the worst
Titus
Lady Lambdadelta
Dannflor

Townbloc/locktown, stronger townreads, weaker townreads, Xtoxm-I'm-townreading-but-given-last-game-is-healthily-lower-than-townreads, and just: scum.
FTR, I don't think it beyond mastina to have all her scum buddies as strong TRs. I just don't think it very likely. If mastina is Scum with tw she had put them in the perfect slot to both protect and disassociate with them.

(Hey, tw.. I rememebred to use THEM this time. Do you feel blessed already?) :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

oh I was referring to dann saying my post was fabricated or performs time
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 970, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:He has me as scum, so why is he trying to convince me he's town? what is the point of that operation?
this is a good point and im interested in what Hercules response to this would be
-Uncrowned Alt
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:34 pm

In post 972, Winter Flakes wrote:oh I was referring to dann saying my post was fabricated or performs time
oh, hmm

well my post still has kind of where I'm coming from tho

so if you can tell me why you think i'm wrong about Hercule wrt that, could help?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”