TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1023, Almost50 wrote:a) Meta is trash
b) VCA is garbage
c) there's no such thing as slips (Scum or Town)
d) Cases are scummy
i think this post is supposed to be sarcastic, and yet no part of it is incorrect
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Jingle does say that A50 is town about 85% of the time here, and would deign to hard defend him D1 if it came to that. He thinks he's significantly townier this game than the last. He likes that A50 recognizes that Jingle would town read him.

Jingle slightly leans town on Ceph but finds him too fencesitty to get a more confident read. He was null reading Hercule early on but also found the reactions I thought were bad, very bad. He scum read LLD early but town leans her I think? He also doesn't mind the pressure on the worst given he feels so empty. I kinda agree but also the worst just hasn't been around so I don't know how much of a read that really is. Also thinks mastina and AGar are pretty town.

Myself, mastina keeps skyrocketing in my town reads the more I think about it. I would still put Hopkirk and IV in there. I trust Jingle's read and honestly Cephrir's read on A50 more than my own. I found Winter Flakes' latest posts pretty towny. WF I know you asked why I'm picking at you this game when I didn't last game, and the fact is I did scum read you last game, my attention was just on more important targets. The fact that I feel like I'm scum reading you for the same reasons as last game probably means I'm off base here though.

I slightly lean LLD town but probably not as much as Jingle. I'm cautious about her but I did like her progression on me. Wary of pocket though. Xtoxm is becoming a stronger town read too with mastina. I still stand by my earlier Auro read, and I think the fact that xtoxm/Auro actually seem to really care about something here when they didn't at all last game is an good sign for their alignment.

I'm actually very wary of Okapoka because they've posted enough I feel like I should be able to read them by now but I just don't. That's a similar read I had on Cephrir for a while last game which is why it worries me. I feel like Oka is a lot less motivated here in general, but I can't really nail down whether that's alignment indicative. idk Oka is there anything you particularly really care about right now? Or are you just kinda waiting for something to jump out at you

also @the worst, jingle wanted me to ask you if you could take a look at a one of the players that you could read by tone? He didn't name any specific names but wanted to offer that as a starting point if you're struggling to find one. Personally I'd appreciate anything on IV, cephrir, or jjh

anyway sorry for the truncated reads but I've just started getting chills and a fever which is kinda freaking me out so I might dip for a day a two
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

jingle also says 886 reaffirms his love for Cephrir
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 997, Cephrir wrote:Team mafia really brings all the meta boys to the meta yard huh
I personally don't think much of meta. I do NOT totally disregard it, and -in some cases- I do hold it as a high accuracy scumhunting method. However, in most cases it is just as good as gut reads to me.

That said, there are a handful of players that can actually meta me despite the fact I try so hard to make my scum and town play almost identical

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1001, DrippingGoofball wrote:Did you read her ego post?

Neither did I,
:lol:

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

rock on dannflor i do have an ulterior motive but it simply is beyond human comprehension

to ascend to god hood is to become me and once you have ascended, you just can't come back down

also i kinda just want to see more of this herc lld thing and honestly, im a bit lazy and LLD is a great opportunity to let someone take the reigns and for me to get out the way. do you guys really want to see me post storm this game. or do you want to see me ascend above all mortals.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

star for the first person to discover my ritualistic ascension into god hood

if i complete the ritual i will summon Cthulhu and bring down terror upon thy mortal minds
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1030, OkaPoka wrote:also i kinda just want to see more of this herc lld thing and honestly, im a bit lazy and LLD is a great opportunity to let someone take the reigns and for me to get out the way. do you guys really want to see me post storm this game. or do you want to see me ascend above all mortals.
yeah I mean I can't blame you too much because I'm also basically taking that route

I would not push for your elimination today or anything I just notice you seem off

but hey if you get something out of the hercule / lld thing then hopefully I won't have to worry about this
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1017, Xtoxm wrote:auro has also offered his reasons for tr mastina (literally just now in response to you, a50):
her recent meta (last year or so), is for scum posting less often, making responses, some ate. as town, she continually posts read lists, appears to have a lot of zest for the game, strong thread presence, and a focus on securing strong townreads. he feels the latter is what he's seeing in her this game.
I think mastina has a broader scum/town range of playstyles, but I will back off her for now (I wasn't actually pushing or voting her anyway, so there's that)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

get that bread team im cheering you guys on as i wait patiently for the green ogre Cthulhu to come
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

[auro posting]

on dann, and his read on us for auro's early paraphrased posts, he feels the read is questionable, as he makes similar posts as scum, and would expect that his game having ended would be the more obvious first thought for auro's higher investment in this game compared to v1.

likes agar's response to my #519, thinks scum!agar may have used it as an opportunity to push us. notes that agar is now nulltown for him.

mastina is 100% town, he feels confident in this read

even if i were to 100% play this game as proxy through xtoxm (which im NOT, but hypothetically), so long as i'm following the game closely...what is the issue with that? the only negative factor is perhaps a loss of understanding when words are paraphrased

mastina can you explain why you have dunn as town? he says that immediately attacking x for a paraphrased post pinged him. the reasoning dunn gave for the naked voted is poor, and incorrect. he calls my scumreads low charisma. notably lld is in this group that called low charisma. i think he made a bad vote, felt awkward about it, and felt the need to say ~something~ about it which came out as bullshit. since then, he made multiple pop ins to the thread, to comment only on X, with no other takes. scum-dunn is discombobulated that he is unfollowed onto us. he then drops the line entirely and moves to the hercule wagon.

hercule has moved up to a very strong townread
i have the very similar thoughts on him as mastina
i am ambiancing with mastina

also mastina, why is oka locktown? he has a solid scum game and i dont feel that what he's put down so far is anything he's not capable of doing as scum.

@oka, im wondering why you think mastina is a player who would make a read dependent on the number of votes [im not sure what he's refering to here i hope you do?]

the people on the hercule wagon should feel terrible, he is crystalline town.
i am very puzzled at the wagon on hercule

he found WF initially scummy, due to #664, however this read later evolves, he cites #996 as townie post. his up to date read on this slot is town.
In post 661, Titus wrote:mastina, why in tarnations am I reading AtE from you regarding who we eliminate? I'm not talking about the hercule defense but the options one through four nonsense.

Time to skim.
mastina enjoys typing, and i feel you should have enough experience with her to know this!

dgb takes a significant upgrade in read, for making a good push on lld.

[end auro]
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

thats probably a bit all over the place but paraphrasing is hard ~.~
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

the what? spam @auro on discord for me please i have no idea what he is talking about.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 949, innocentvillager wrote:ugh why is it so much harder to get reads this game than last game? is anyone else feeling the same way? i feel like it should be easier because we've all played with each other before but whenever i see people and think "yeah they're playing similar/not similar to last game" i just wifom the fuck out of myself. maybe the goal is just to forget about last game? but that doesn't seem right either when the info is there and relevant. im probably overcomplicating it somehow
I did not have any reads in the last game and am finding that I have reads in this game
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by implosion »

6The evolution of our modern digit 6 appears rather simple when compared with the other digits. The modern 6 can be traced back to the Brahmi numerals of India, which are first known from the Edicts of Ashoka circa 250 BCE.[26][27][28][29] It was written in one stroke like a cursive lowercase e rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Gradually, the upper part of the stroke (above the central squiggle) became more curved, while the lower part of the stroke (below the central squiggle) became straighter. The Arabs dropped the part of the stroke below the squiggle. From there, the European evolution to our modern 6 was very straightforward, aside from a flirtation with a glyph that looked more like an uppercase G.[30]

Vote Count 1.6
hercule
(7): Lady Lambdadelta, Ythan, OkaPoka, the worst, Dannflor, Dunnstral, Cephrir
Lady Lambdadelta
(5): DrippingGoofball, hercule, Hopkirk, innocentvillager, Xtoxm
the worst
(2): jjh927, Winter Flakes
Dannflor
(1): mastina
Almost50
(1): Almost50

Not Voting
(2): Titus, AGar

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to eliminate. Deadline is set for 11:00 AM PST on February 12, in (expired on 2021-02-12 15:00:00).
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 781, OkaPoka wrote:never would i think id see radiantcowbells again (or maybe radiantcowbells is LLD considering join dates xd)

anyways ive been briefed on LLD by math and pooky -> honestly i want to put her as town because the way they describe her scum play makes it sound like its nearly impossible to beat? i know its also bad to do the same thing i did to ceph last game where i townread him because scum him wouldnt get votes idk. maybe i should delegate my LLD read to my teammates so i can preserve some sense of sanity.

w.r.t hercule, yeah technically i have access to your meta thanks to koba but koba is gone now and i was lazy so rather than reading past games id ask koba for descriptors of your meta

as to if i actually scumread you, idk, more uncategorized? i guess? you haven't really fallen into descriptors of either your town or scum meta i guess. weirdly enough they (koba) did want me to BoP you last game maybe i BoP you this game hehe

you should figure out who you really think is scum and maybe we have a BoP war type beat

also have no idea why ducky sheeped me but at the time i was pretty happy and now i am a little confuzzled he followed through

ugh dgb feels so pocket-y but it was pocket-y last game to me asdfdsf
show this to auro
@xtoxm
if you are still there is he referring to this? this is about LLD but i think its the closest thing?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1031, OkaPoka wrote:star for the first person to discover my ritualistic ascension into god hood

if i complete the ritual i will summon Cthulhu and bring down terror upon thy mortal minds
Wait when did the 4th party eldritch abomination role become normal
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I am walking to work rather than cycling so I can shit post on the way but don't expect any actual content from me rn
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1041, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1031, OkaPoka wrote:star for the first person to discover my ritualistic ascension into god hood

Wait when did the 4th party eldritch abomination role become normal
on the reset of the game

the spacetime continuum got all fucked up

humanity has initiated its doom, implosion in his mad science experiments with time has doomed us all.

it is only a matter of time... before Cthulhu comes...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

oka, i have a response and im still a bit confused personally but i'll try to convey.
he says it's about your post #639.
he doesn't think mastina is someone who is going to consider the number of townreads on a player, or the votes that they have, as a key reason behind her own decisions.
he is not accusing you of doing this but it's his reading of that post
perhaps you could explain/expand on what you were saying there?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 639, OkaPoka wrote:you'll see me wondering why mastina chooses to vote LLD over dann then especially given most people townread LLD
get this quote up ok

well at the time lld didnt look like a viable wagon and dann did so i was wondering why mastina chose to vote lld over dann when dann already had votes on him while lld, did not.

there are implications of what this could mean but i think you get this gist of it

phrased weirdly maybe but i was fishing for a mastina response which she kinda did indirectly /shrug

and maybe mastina is a grand stander, but you know, want her to react in some way i guess
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

paid heed also to the fact that contextually at that moment mastina was casing dann a lot more than lld and had dann below lld so basically it felt like something blah blah but we didn't go in that direction

but its all coming back to me now
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 647, mastina wrote:
In post 563, the worst wrote:
In post 561, OkaPoka wrote:so ducky are you caught up? what are your takes on this game
i read page one and the last page and that dannflor post mastina quoted is sending off fireworks in my brain
See this for examples of why worstie is the least-likely to be scum in my scumreads and why I prefer,
VOTE: Dannflor
instead. :P
and this here is basically what i considered a good enough response even though she didn't actually respond to my shade so i kinda just dropped it and was like whatever
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

all good on my end now i think, receiving impending auro transmission
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

thank you. he seems to be satisfied with your response.

(for your own context around it, he was saying its the type of thing scum might try to push. as far my own reading interpretation of that post and your response, i don't think it's suspicious)

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”