Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by joqiza »

2 back-ups would make the game more swingy, not less.

In this universe, as long as the mafia don't kill in the pure town hood (already a bad gamestate for them), they also additionally have to deal with the fact that the traffic analyst can get red checks on both of them.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by joqiza »

Not saying it's impossible, I genuinely don't understand how normal games are balanced on this site and my understanding is there can be some level of mod wifom. Just my 2c. my own setup spec intuition would say 1 scum og member and 1 scum backup for decent balance
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2045, ejjinami wrote:I’m not a role-blocker, I’m a macho neighbor. 
This whole charade was just a really dumb attempt to make this game a mech-win by getting killed

The only ones who could have known about this plan were gamma (whom I talked to yesterday before attempting it) and Luca (whom I stupidly ended up claiming to have blocked).

VOTE: ejjinami

but now that I think of it all of that was completely useless... Regardless of who did it, killing frogster was a big brain move
Wow. If you are Town then this was a terrible move. Literally the only reason I was Ok with eliminating Outworld (who I had locked as Town since D2) was because I thought a Town win was inevitable, based on you being a Roleblocker.

And now we have Gamma, who I had thought was conftown, who is also still a suspect. I need to completely reevaluate again.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by joqiza »

Aight fellas time for me to do some rereading and see if I can make any progress on parsing this game.

Will just post my thoughts as I go.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm really lacking motivation for this game right now. I feel like just eliminating ejj tbh.

Before the fakeclaim, I thought ejj was scum by PoE. Now I'm back to being of the same opinion, but even more so given they were being deliberately deceptive.

I don't think Lunar is scum. Gamma has seemed Townish most of the game, and two scum back-up neighbors would be strange. There's also the fact that the BG died N1, so scum probably knew about Galron being a PR.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t feel like limming ejji is a good move
I feel like the way he immediately snapped to fessing up reads like newbtown that failed a gambit and wants to try to mitigate damage
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Joq is the only conf Town remaining so I'm happy to let him decide the outcome, but I definitely propose an ejj elim today.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2105, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t feel like limming ejji is a good move
I feel like the way he immediately snapped to fessing up reads like newbtown that failed a gambit and wants to try to mitigate damage
So what is a good move?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Btw if ejj is scum then they would have plenty of time to plan that 'fessing up'.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Also, fakeclaming Yesterday was scum!ejj's only chance to win. If they claimed what they're claiming today then they would have been eliminated before Outworld 100%.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by joqiza »

Well, I only got through the first 20 pages on my rereads.

Spoiler: Notes
Pgs 1 through 10:

- Pg 10, : Momrangal votes OWER in response to OWER voting Trendall. No idea if she'd chainsaw so blatantly.
- Pg 10 also has gamma voting buspray pretty early, in . Trendall also has an early RVS vote on bugs in .
- Rest of the early content just seems like arguing about Frogsterking's personality test stuff. I couldn't get much out of that. Worth noting that bugs said they didn't care for it while Momrangal entertained it, so I doubt scum had any sort of rigid plan for how to approach it.

Pgs 10 through 20:

- Gamma and bugs have some interactions with each other on pg 12 that... tell me nothing AI tbh
- Gamma and Mom have some interactions with each other on pg 13 that are, once again, not really AI to me
- Luca outs an initial SR on bugs on pg 12
- Trendall agrees with Lunar in , wants either Gamma or Luca (he's still voting bugspray at this time)
- Mom votes Trendall in , pg 14
- Luca votes bugs on pg 14,
- Luca asks for dueling bugspray/Lunar wagons in , asks for Grendel and Momrangal to vote in those wagons
- for bugspray I think is +town Luca and (maybe?) +town Lunar a bit as well? Not sure on the Lunar bit there.
- Gamma says they are thinking of doing bugs/lunar/OWER, Momrangal asks them to do OWER with them in
- Interesting interactions between Trendall slot and Mom slot on pg 19, someone smarted than me can maybe figure them out
- Luca is tunneling bus pretty hard by pg 19

Has anyone else revisited the early game Momrangal and bugspray wagons in light of all the different flips? Would be good to get everyone's thoughts here.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 2104, Luca Blight wrote:I'm really lacking motivation for this game right now. I feel like just eliminating ejj tbh.

Before the fakeclaim, I thought ejj was scum by PoE. Now I'm back to being of the same opinion, but even more so given they were being deliberately deceptive.

I don't think Lunar is scum. Gamma has seemed Townish most of the game, and two scum back-up neighbors would be strange. There's also the fact that the BG died N1, so scum probably knew about Galron being a PR.
This is probably where I'm at, but want to stir some discussion first in case ejji flips town. I'm struggling to find the motivation too, I'll probably be taking a break from mafia after this.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by joqiza »

I'll pick up on pg 21 tmrw afternoon. I feel like there's probably something of value that can be revealed by how Mom & bugs played around the d1 wagons. I know Froggie cased a bunch of different people w/ bugs earlier, so I'll review his work at some point.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by ejjinami »

I have an exam today. I haven’t read most of the stuff yet, just appearing now to say that I’ve been busy.
This will likely be the case for at least a week cuz I’ll have tests every 1-2 days from now on. I’ll get to solving after writing it (and probably a 1-2h nap cuz I haven’t slept much at night) so please, be a bit patient with me for the next few days.

The one thing I’d like to say in my defense is that I shared my idea with the hood and asked for feedback before galron died because I’m not experienced with this kind of stuff either. So it’s not like I was “expecting it to be anti-town” or anything.
Neither gamma nor galron gave me any sort of negative feedback (nor actually tried discussing it with me too much)
Yes, I lied, but you really cannot say that I was being openly deceptive.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:26 am

Post by joqiza »

No worries mate, life comes first. Best of luck on your exams.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:27 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 5.2

Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (20)

ejjinami(1)
~ (25)

Not Voting (3): Gamma Emerald(1), joqiza(18), Luca Blight(7)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to eliminate.

Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-10 20:27:15)

FLAVOR
frame 36 out of 19035
GeorgeBailey
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 2104, Luca Blight wrote:I'm really lacking motivation for this game right now. I feel like just eliminating ejj tbh.

VOTE: Luca

Ejji please unvote and contribute.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 am

Post by joqiza »

The phrasing of this is actually a bit weird to me, given that ejji is saying you knew the whole time. Your words here indicate distance, since you're calling him a newbtown that failed a gambit. But you were (ostensibly) complicit in his play.

Why did you allow ejjinami to do what he did?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:45 am

Post by joqiza »

To be clear, what I find weird is that you now appear to be criticizing his play when you were very much a part of it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:05 am

Post by joqiza »

(I'm not just bringing this up to like, make you feel bad if you're town. My concern is that your post there indicates you're thinking from a scum perspective. Obviously you would have no ownership in ejji's FPSing if you're mafia.)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2117, joqiza wrote:
The phrasing of this is actually a bit weird to me, given that ejji is saying you knew the whole time. Your words here indicate distance, since you're calling him a newbtown that failed a gambit. But you were (ostensibly) complicit in his play.

Why did you allow ejjinami to do what he did?
I'm not trying to suggest I wasn't complicit in the claim move, I was kinda like "alright you go champ" and we actually chatted about it a bit during d4
I'm just feeling like he played it in a way I feel like isn't the best, but suggests he is town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 am

Post by joqiza »

Okay, so where does that leave you? Assume you only get one opportunity to hit mafia between Lunar/Luca.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I still feel like it's probably lunar out of those two, but I've been toying with ISOing the flipped scum and seeing what their interactions with everyone had been
<Embrace The Void>

Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 2122, Gamma Emerald wrote:I still feel like it's probably lunar out of those two, but I've been toying with ISOing the flipped scum and seeing what their interactions with everyone had been
I just don't see how Town could honestly think that. Please, whichever one of you is Town, just Towntell.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that's honestly an issue I have with you
I don't see you legitimately townhunting, you're just calling people scummy. That seems like the endgame tactics of scum, not town
Meanwhile Luca has been working to eliminate suspects, as evidenced by recent posts
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”