Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2204, Thestatusquo wrote:Ftr I have other thoughts on Akarin as well that I'd like to throw out there, just finished a deep dive:

1) The juxtaposition of Akarin as town in Among us mafia with her play in this game. This isn't just an activity thing, though it's exacerbated by it. If you go back and look at her iso in that game (here you'll note the difference. The engagement with the game isnt something measured by activity but by how akarin is actually trying to solve the game. Compare a post like this:
In post 204, Akarin wrote:
In post 195, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it doesnt matter if someone needs to be in a room two nights in a row. the point of leashing the entire PL is that nobody can wander off and kill you when u r in that room alone on night 2
I meant in terms of how many nights it make take to complete. We can't just visit X number of rooms each night and cover each room on 1 night.

Maybe not enough people have combinations like mine for it to matter, but wanted to claim this before we get too far.

Also splitting into smaller groups where the towniest players are paired makes sense, but if scum have a regular NK they can potentially frame people.
or this
In post 993, Akarin wrote:Blitzo, you say a few times that no-elim is obviously bad, like to the point you want to vote for people suggesting it.

Why?

The idea behind it is that we get tasks done faster if we have more players working on them and D1 eliminations are usually on town anyway.

After 1 Day, 1/3-1/2 of the tasks are gonna be done so each miseliminated townie only adds 1 task unless they were one of the minority who didn't do one as part of keeping someone else safe.

What part of that is obviously bad to you?
with her posts in this game like this
In post 693, Akarin wrote:I sort of instinctively want to defend Zor because that wagon came up so fast, but I really don't see anything towny from them, and looking at the claim I don't like it. Debating hammering.
The majority of her posts are stuff like this. There's some stuff that's closer to the town Akarin I saw in among us, particularly when she jumps into the zoraster claim discussion, but the majority of it is just fluff devoid of any attempt to solve anything.
In post 928, Akarin wrote:
In post 761, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why did I sign up for an anime game? I still have no idea what this means.
I think both the ability name and being a JOAT are perfectly plausible for the anime character that Zor claimed, but I have some doubts that they would go together.

i.e. if the ability was going to be named "Kiin" as claimed, I don't know what it would be, but I wouldn't think it would be a JOAT. And if she were to be a JOAT I'd think the ability would be named something else given the character. See the wiki I linked for details.

Dunn thinks I'm overthinking this.
Also, the more I think about it the more I don't like stuff like this. I think its subtle shade of zoraster that was attempting to fence sit the wagon (in addition to the quote I linked earlier where she shades the wagon while saying she might hammer it. In addition to that her reason for suspecting the claim seems really dubious to me, granted I don't really know anything about anime but it seemed like she was saying "the pieces fit but not quite in the right way" which is something scum might say to casually shade to continue momentum on a wagon. We even get the "lol my teammate thinks all of this is nonsense." so we're not even supposed to put that much credence into what she's saying.

This form of wishy washy refusing to take a stand is scum indicative, and again doesn't match my impression of the way Akarin plays as town from Among us. The akarin in that game had opinions and fought for them, not meekly thrown out shade that was counterbalanced by her own teammates saying it was bad.

I also find it weird that this was thrown in randomly. If akarin is having trouble with this game why aren't her teammates helping her more? You'd think they'd be able to give more impressions about the game than the one time they've been referenced as a throwaway. In my experience playing team mafia in 2018 teams are more likely to be actively reading the game and giving opinions if you're town than if you're scum. The logic on this is very clear: town needs help finding the scum and scum do not. I don't expect people to bring up their reads from their teammates all the time and indeed I would be annoyed if they did that, I just feel like akarin is using them in a very specific way here and that's rubbing me the wrong way.
In post 1435, Akarin wrote:So I thought we didn't want to elim Zor through the JOAT claim? Did that change or was it not just as much a consensus as I thought it was?
This post is interesting because its a really weird progression with her other thoughts on Zor. She was the main proponent of not believing the JOAT claim and shading it and now is acting surprised when people didn't believe it? This seems incredibly fake.
In post 1457, Akarin wrote:Yeah, I think I'd rather any of the other non-me wagons than Zor.
Here we are staying off the wagon even though earlier we declared that zor "hadn't done a single townie thing" and after shading the claim and after saying she was considering hammering.

I'm here to VOTE: Akarin yet again.

tl;dr Even outside of the activity issues and the AtE, I think akarins interaction with zor is textbook scum trying to stay off a town wagon while still trying to give it momentum, and I think her general approach to the game is just entirely different from among us.
Why the fuck is the entire town just ignoring me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sorry
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like if you disagree with what I'm saying that's fine but like 6 or 7 people have posted since I posted this and only pine has seen the need to comment on it and thats fucking wack.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Pine »

@Shea because you’ve been hyper aggressive about your generally-shitty reads.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 2252, Thestatusquo wrote:Like if you disagree with what I'm saying that's fine but like 6 or 7 people have posted since I posted this and only pine has seen the need to comment on it and thats fucking wack.
in my experience people dont read wallposts

i read it and i'd wagon there though
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Mistyx »

I just realized I am not voting

VOTE: Akarin
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2253, Pine wrote:@Shea because you’ve been hyper aggressive about your generally-shitty reads.
I disagree, and wonder why you're continuing to attempt to antagonize me rather than attempting to solve the game.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Pine »

All of y’all need to be way less needy. This is one of the things I hate about current site meta.

You are not special. You are not entitled to a grand discussion whenever you present a new rendition of your opinions.

PE: My dude, this far you’ve been the antagonistic one. You’re largely taking offense to being ignored.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

This is a bizarre push. I made a case, and I am not going to let it be ignored. This is good play, will you do something besides snipe at me?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like honestly the balance of your play this game can most accurately be described as "say something rude and then get snippy and go NO U when someone points out you're being rude."

It's annoying the crap out of me honestly so if you could like have a snack and get your blood sugar up and then stop acting like an asshole that would be cool.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Pine »

Yes. I voted for Akarin for roughly parallel reasons.

Please identify how much you want your ego stroked.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2257, Pine wrote:All of y’all need to be way less needy. This is one of the things I hate about current site meta.

You are not special.
In post 2260, Pine wrote:Yes. I voted for Akarin for roughly parallel reasons.

Please identify how much you want your ego stroked.
You realize there's like 10 other NON you people in this game, right and that I literally was talking to everyone BUT you, right? Like I specifically called that out?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like seriously are you ok? What specifically do you have a problem with with me making a case and then trying to make sure people see it and comment on it? What is so offensive about that to you? You're being truly bizarre right now.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Pine »

As for “do something,” I have fairly firm reads on everyone except DEB now, who I am convinced is some sort of tangential jabberwock sent from the future to confuse me.

Again, not engaging in your screeds constitutes neither antagonism nor ignoring you. I’m finally playing the game and you’re berating me for personal reasons.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Pine »

I have exactly zero problem with you, Shea, except that you’re taking things very personally.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

God this tea is so delicious.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Mistyx »

i think tsq town and it's a solid case
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2264, Pine wrote:I have exactly zero problem with you, Shea, except that you’re taking things very personally.
Perhaps you should examine the words you use to speak to and describe other human beings. You would never speak to me this way IRL and we're supposedly playing a fun game on the internet. I'm going to stop interacting with you about this right now because its super fucking distracting to anything thats relevant to this game but if you genuinely think you were just sitting here doin' nothing and I just got offended out of nowhere then I don't know what to tell you. Please stop being this rude to me.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Regarding your case TSQ.

I generally agree on your read of Akarin as being possible scum, but i don't think this is related to meta, and at the moment i'm looking at Pine/FL before deciding on whether i should vote one of Akarin/Ramcius.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I've decided that no matter what happens in this game i shall try to remain as calm as possible, nothing will bother me. I am become zen, i am reaching Nirvana.

- Bunno
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2267, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2264, Pine wrote:I have exactly zero problem with you, Shea, except that you’re taking things very personally.
Perhaps you should examine the words you use to speak to and describe other human beings. You would never speak to me this way IRL and we're supposedly playing a fun game on the internet. I'm going to stop interacting with you about this right now because its super fucking distracting to anything thats relevant to this game but if you genuinely think you were just sitting here doin' nothing and I just got offended out of nowhere then I don't know what to tell you. Please stop being this rude to me.
I’m sorry for offending you. That was not my intention. I have a healthy respect for you as a person, but I have felt attacked throughout this game. Perhaps I laid into that a bit much.

I feel your reads this game have been off. The Zor elim attests to that, as does your abiding antagonism towards people who simply have busy lives. I am disinterested in litigating your reads until they make more sense to me, and have written you off as tunnel-visioned Town.

I am willing to start fresh if you are. Again, I apologize for my tone.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2265, NorwegianboyEE wrote:God this tea is so delicious.
In post 2269, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've decided that no matter what happens in this game i shall try to remain as calm as possible, nothing will bother me. I am become zen, i am reaching Nirvana.
This, incidentally, is practically a textbook definition of scum cheering on a TvT spat.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@TheStatusQuo

If Akarin flips town, would you consider FL/Pine?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2271, Pine wrote:
In post 2265, NorwegianboyEE wrote:God this tea is so delicious.
In post 2269, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've decided that no matter what happens in this game i shall try to remain as calm as possible, nothing will bother me. I am become zen, i am reaching Nirvana.
This, incidentally, is practically a textbook definition of scum cheering on a TvT spat.
Ok Pine.

- Bunno
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Pine »

VOTE: Norwee

Cool, so Akarin is Town. Thanks for the slip.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”