Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Other random thought - why is Fidget calling me out for my eagerness but neglecting to mention Vax, who had a significantly higher post # than me, especially at the time it was written as that was prior to my posts this evening

--pedit @fidget so basically your point is I could be scum trying to fake being proactive or be town actually being proactive. The literal point of the game is to try and sort people between those two categories :P.

'They are doing pro-town things, but it might be scum doing it for towncred'
(my verrry loose paraphrasing) feels like a pretty thin justification for a vote on someone lol. Yeah, I totally agree it's easy to do generic proactive things as scum so none of it is town-indicative, but I am baffled how this is in any way scum indicative either.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 96, Grendel wrote:
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
townie pr is a more likely to make a hasty assertion like this then scum is imo. Hasty equal less then 48 hours into the day phase, and there only being a few votes on Porkens. Scum could just lay low and let pressure flow else where.

UNVOTE:
Why do you find this type of claim unlikely for scum to make? You mention that it is hasty and scum would be more likely to withhold this info than a town PR would, however, I might argue the opposite. Scum would be more open-handed with this than a town PR would, as there is no need to hide and fear being nightkilled as the former. I suppose that I am confused where you are coming from with this unvote reasoning.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 125, Marky Mark wrote:Other random thought - why is Fidget calling me out for my eagerness but neglecting to mention Vax, who had a significantly higher post # than me, especially at the time it was written as that was prior to my posts this evening

--pedit @fidget so basically your point is I could be scum trying to fake being proactive or be town actually being proactive. The literal point of the game is to try and sort people between those two categories :P.

'They are doing pro-town things, but it might be scum doing it for towncred'
(my verrry loose paraphrasing) feels like a pretty thin justification for a vote on someone lol. Yeah, I totally agree it's easy to do generic proactive things as scum so none of it is town-indicative, but I am baffled how this is in any way scum indicative either.
Hm, not exactly. I believe that prodding someone with a general "What do you think?" question, telling people to stop arguing, or whatever is something more scummy as it is very easy to do and doesn't really help us solve much. Combined with your eager attitude, it comes off as vaguely showy. I believe that scum has much more to gain looking proactive than town does from more hollow posts like those. It is something one might be more likely to think to make as scum rather than truly think to make in an actual town thought process.

But only marginally so, sure. You're talking about things that show the way you're approaching the game much better now, in any case.

As for Vax, I have glazed over the Zues posts mostly. They don't come off as trying to appear towny so much as trying to appear to be Zues. I am curious about your evaluation of them "engaging with the wider game", I checked through and it appears that they voted Pork and then subsequently unvoted as a result of his nonclaim reasoning, unsure there is anything else.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Fidget »

Oh I see, Vax finds Mark and Uncrowned suspicious, although hasn't mentioned why as of yet. Okay.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 103, Mistyx wrote:i dont think acting performative in rvs is really a solid basis for a wagon

VOTE: uncrowned

i dont like that you just hop in and follow a wagon without other thoughts provided!!

do you have any individual takes on anyone?
Why not? For scum, looking towny is more important than not looking towny, after all, and I would argue it's probably the easiest to fake content at the beginning.
In post 94, Uncrowned wrote:I'll sheep this.

VOTE: Mark
I am considering suspecting Uncrowned, but at the same time, it would have been quite easy to have commented on anything at all. He does not even elaborate on why he is voting Mark. This is potentially a complete lack of caring about his own appearance... If I were scum, I would have some thoughts prepared before entering the thread.

I see that the point being made is that Uncrowned does nothing to move the game forward or find scum.. which I would disagree with quite vehemently, actually. Although I cannot judge yet whether the intent was to move the game forward or not, I think it does, possibly more substantially than if he had said more.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 108, Mistyx wrote:
In post 106, Grendel wrote:*@mystix*

if you feel marks behavior is null then what are your thoughts on the rest of the marky mark wagon comp?

is naked voting scummy to you?
not inherently, no

but i think uncrowned handled it in a scummy way here, since it was just a follow and devoid of any further content
Isn't "devoid of further content" just the definition of a naked vote? I am confused as to what exactly you found scummy about Uncrowned's vote specifically.

For now,

UNVOTE:
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I can promise you flavour is NAI.

You don't get to be a boss and be town aligned if it wasn't :D
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 130, Fidget wrote:
In post 108, Mistyx wrote:
In post 106, Grendel wrote:*@mystix*

if you feel marks behavior is null then what are your thoughts on the rest of the marky mark wagon comp?

is naked voting scummy to you?
not inherently, no

but i think uncrowned handled it in a scummy way here, since it was just a follow and devoid of any further content
Isn't "devoid of further content" just the definition of a naked vote? I am confused as to what exactly you found scummy about Uncrowned's vote specifically.

For now,

UNVOTE:
well a naked vote and then continuing to do stuff isnt scummy

but a naked vote then doing nothing is
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 131, Flea The Magician wrote:I can promise you flavour is NAI.

You don't get to be a boss and be town aligned if it wasn't :D
well it depends which boss!!
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:12 am

Just saying Flea the Magician does not turn good at any point in the game :P
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:12 am

you know something, I stand by that xD
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 134, Flea The Magician wrote:Just saying Flea the Magician does not turn good at any point in the game :P
well you had to submit multiple picks so i was thinking you might have gotten a different boss :P
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:27 am

I mean none of the bosses are good lets face it, I ain't saying which one though because fuck letting scum take me out xD
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

So tell me yours.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:32 am

In post 138, Vaxkiller wrote:
So tell me yours.
Even the might Zeus pales in comparison to the power wielded by I. <3

I can stop the mighty zeus in this tracks.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:32 am

In post 138, Vaxkiller wrote:
So tell me yours.
Even the might Zeus pales in comparison to the power wielded by I. <3

I can stop the mighty zeus in this tracks.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 125, Marky Mark wrote:'They are doing pro-town things, but it might be scum doing it for towncred' (my verrry loose paraphrasing) feels like a pretty thin justification for a vote on someone lol
That “lol” looks forced.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:41 pm

How so?
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by cassowary »

In post 141, Porkens wrote:
In post 125, Marky Mark wrote:'They are doing pro-town things, but it might be scum doing it for towncred' (my verrry loose paraphrasing) feels like a pretty thin justification for a vote on someone lol
That “lol” looks forced.
lol
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by cassowary »

Less flippantly: I don't find mark's behavior very scummy and I think a lot of the accusations on him look a bit like grasping. Unless, like, you know him really well and are super confident he wouldn't say 'lol' in this situation normally? I am not even convinced he appears that much to be a 'voice of reason.'

Re other thoughts, I find uncrowned's opening super weird - like, why come in that way? If you hadn't caught up on the game to have other opinions, why cast a vote in your first post when we were already kinda coming out of rvs? Feels like scum trying to imitate slacking town. I'll join the uncrowned wagon for the sake of having a vote somewhere.

"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Mistyx »

In post 143, cassowary wrote:
In post 141, Porkens wrote:
That “lol” looks forced.
lol
it's bad that i want to townread this right
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by the worst »

absolutely not
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 120, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 98, Grendel wrote:Marky mark definitely is leaning hard into playing, "Town voice of reason." A favorite of scum's in the early game.

VOTE: Marky
Town voice of reason is the best compliment I've had in weeks on this site :3

Please tell me more about how trying to work with the rest of the town and move the game forwards makes me scum?

I like some of your analysis posts above this one so I'm not calling you out as scum here per se, I just dont get your logic
its a matter of what you seem to be doing vs what you are actually doing. It feels to me like you are playing for town cred, and not to solve the game.

On some level you are working with town + those other things you said. However its v easy as scum who want to play a protown looking game to play agreeable with townies/ look really reasonable. THeres less stress b/c the answers are already available to scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 126, Fidget wrote:
In post 96, Grendel wrote:
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
townie pr is a more likely to make a hasty assertion like this then scum is imo. Hasty equal less then 48 hours into the day phase, and there only being a few votes on Porkens. Scum could just lay low and let pressure flow else where.

UNVOTE:
Why do you find this type of claim unlikely for scum to make? You mention that it is hasty and scum would be more likely to withhold this info than a town PR would, however, I might argue the opposite. Scum would be more open-handed with this than a town PR would, as there is no need to hide and fear being nightkilled as the former. I suppose that I am confused where you are coming from with this unvote reasoning.
No, historically town pr pops and outs info quicker and under less pressure then scum 9 times out of 10.

Scum have a lot more to lose if forced to claim early b/c it locks them into a claim, and makes the follow-up days harder. Like yes, they dont fear being NK'd, but they do fear town catching them at night, or town wondering why the player hinting at having a strong PR is still alive several days later.

Granted Porkens didnt hard claim. They hinted at having a confirmable/strong town role of some sort. So im not hard TRing them. But i think they presented a good enough reaction that I would town lean them.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 144, cassowary wrote:Less flippantly: I don't find mark's behavior very scummy and I think a lot of the accusations on him look a bit like grasping. Unless, like, you know him really well and are super confident he wouldn't say 'lol' in this situation normally? I am not even convinced he appears that much to be a 'voice of reason.'

Re other thoughts, I find uncrowned's opening super weird - like, why come in that way? If you hadn't caught up on the game to have other opinions, why cast a vote in your first post when we were already kinda coming out of rvs? Feels like scum trying to imitate slacking town. I'll join the uncrowned wagon for the sake of having a vote somewhere.

for an offsite reference I think you'd get, consider LC in Ace Attorney mafia as an example of scum playing "Town voice of reason."

Uncrowned is a null for me i think.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”