maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:28 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 797, samantha97 wrote:
In post 796, maxwell wrote:I still lean toward maduisha on interaction but it's something like 70% confidence and if I'm being fully honest I worry if I'm wrong and Samantha is scum and I stand in the way of voting her today, it all comes back on me.
well both could be wrong, but I find I regret a lack of conviction more than being wrong after a mafia game

nothing hurts more than the one that got away
That's understandable, but I need to see more of where your head is at. Are you still settled on Maduisha as scum. Who do you see as potentially cum otherwise? You started meta-ing everyone and then it came to a halt, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what people have done in
this
game
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 799, maxwell wrote:
In post 792, Umlaut wrote:I don't understand why you're trusting me with a mech plan when you're closer to conftown than I am (the only way you're scum is if the team is exactly you and Cabd, and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense), but okay...

Assuming Fuzzy is town, he targets within the VT claims, obviously. Probably he should target Maduisha if we're launching Sam today.

Assuming Cabd is town, he targets one of the other two strong PR claims: that is, Fuzzy or Max. It doesn't matter which, a green check on one is as good as a red check on the other. In fact it's probably best that he (privately) flip a coin to minimize predictability, in case scum have something weird like a rolestopper.

Assuming maxwell is town, he protects Cabd tonight. This is obviously correct if we succeed in launching scum today, and if not then Cabd is still the one most likely to give us a definite result.
Cabd checking in a PR claim seems un-optimal, one of me/fuzzy highly likely gets shot in this plan and then the report probably isn't all that informative because the remainng living player is a presumed counterclaim, would think him checking in umlaut/mauisha/samantha (if we mis-eliminate today) is a better choice because it would force a team
Hard disagree. If the PRs are all checking in the vanillas then scum's best plan is to keep all PRs alive and aim for town to eliminate the wrong one. If all Cabd targeting in the PRs does is force scum to kill one of them then that is already a useful service.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:33 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 799, maxwell wrote:
In post 792, Umlaut wrote:I don't understand why you're trusting me with a mech plan when you're closer to conftown than I am (the only way you're scum is if the team is exactly you and Cabd, and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense), but okay...

Assuming Fuzzy is town, he targets within the VT claims, obviously. Probably he should target Maduisha if we're launching Sam today.

Assuming Cabd is town, he targets one of the other two strong PR claims: that is, Fuzzy or Max. It doesn't matter which, a green check on one is as good as a red check on the other. In fact it's probably best that he (privately) flip a coin to minimize predictability, in case scum have something weird like a rolestopper.

Assuming maxwell is town, he protects Cabd tonight. This is obviously correct if we succeed in launching scum today, and if not then Cabd is still the one most likely to give us a definite result.
Cabd checking in a PR claim seems un-optimal, one of me/fuzzy highly likely gets shot in this plan and then the report probably isn't all that informative because the remainng living player is a presumed counterclaim, would think him checking in umlaut/mauisha/samantha (if we mis-eliminate today) is a better choice because it would force a team
(if we do get a scumflip I entirely agree he should check a PR claim, of course)
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:37 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 801, Umlaut wrote:Hard disagree. If the PRs are all checking in the vanillas then scum's best plan is to keep all PRs alive and aim for town to eliminate the wrong one. If all Cabd targeting in the PRs does is force scum to kill one of them then that is already a useful service.
Scum shooting in vanillas would still be a service, because by the same reasoning it narrows our choices there. In any such instance, he still has to give reports, can check a PR claim on night 3 if we get through day 3.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Cabd »

I am inclined to coinflip my target, yes.

I have no preference for which pool. Clidd is the one I want signing off on the final plan for obvious reasons.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:40 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 800, maxwell wrote:That's understandable, but I need to see more of where your head is at. Are you still settled on Maduisha as scum. Who do you see as potentially cum otherwise? You started meta-ing everyone and then it came to a halt, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what people have done in
this
game
maduisha is more process of elimination than reading them as anything, but in general I'm suspicious of a "I'll support you guys lynching me if it'll help uwu" sentiment

the halt was because of how dramatically different cadb's posts were to the point where I felt like I didn't have to look further; I'd rather not put extra effort in until tomorrow, especially if it's just between the 3 of us
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Cabd »

Heh.

It should also be stated I was LITERALLY on drugs following a full set of teeth removal during the xenoblade game. Like, drugged up beyond my mind on opioids.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 805, samantha97 wrote:maduisha is more process of elimination than reading them as anything, but in general I'm suspicious of a "I'll support you guys lynching me if it'll help uwu" sentiment
PoE SR is understandable, as I feel the same about you. The last bit is whatever. I already had a long discussion with an user called Lucky Luciano on that matter in Newbie 1995.

If you don't wanna bother reading, the TL;DR is that if your trust your team mate's PoE, and you're a controversial piece of the gameboard (assuming scum!Cabd leads to scum!Maduisha for Max, for example), it can be helpful to offer yourself in order to reduce wifom and paranoia, as it is a team game. In this case, I trust the capacity of those I think are strongly town this game to take the correct step towards victory with the information gained from elimination flip and night actions of the PRs on the next day.

I wouldn't expect a PR to do that, but as VT I'm expendable, especially if the alternative is possibly eliminating the town cop.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Maduisha »

(Linking that game is painful, because I acted very toxic towards the end and basically threw the game out of confirmation bias. I am very ashamed of what transpired there, but I thought those segments were relevant.)
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh man I should link my back and forth with Lucky at some point, it was hilariously bad too.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:25 am

Post by clidd »

Newbie 1995 was a mess, lol.

I'm glad that I replaced out before the storm.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:29 am

Post by clidd »

So, are we good with the plan and etc?

VOTE: Maduisha

Does anyone want to protest that we should eliminate Sam?
Or protest against the elimination of Maduisha?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:37 am

Post by clidd »

In post 804, Cabd wrote:I am inclined to coinflip my target, yes.

I have no preference for which pool. Clidd is the one I want signing off on the final plan for obvious reasons.
It's ok, just do what Umlaut said.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Maduisha »

Thank you for taking my offer, I believe in your ability to sort the rest!

VOTE: Maduisha

I was worried because I will be busy tomorrow due to an important event in my job for most of the day, but if we can settle this today then I won't have to be.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:55 am

Post by clidd »

And, well, I hope you feel better, Miss Maduisha.

Mafia is a naturally stressful game and knowing how to deal with that stress is important.

Just don't get too attached and remember it's a game (and you're supposed to have fun).

pedit: ?

Wait, you shouldn't self. I mean, if you're town, this is your time to fight for your life.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:58 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 814, clidd wrote:Wait, you shouldn't self. I mean, if you're town, this is your time to fight for your life.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Maduisha »

Wait, I thought you agreed with what I said about me going where you went today?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:16 am

Post by clidd »

What? No, I'm trying to assess whether Max is right or not about you being scum.

And that doesn't include making you self-eliminate to help my PoE.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 am

Post by maxwell »

Maybe I'm being dumb but I don't expect a scum to just immediately selfvote here given the situation it would put them in. Her recent posts before that looked believable. I'm going to flip, I think I got tunneled.

VOTE: samantha

To clarify my feelings on the investigation target for Cabd: it's more or less assumed that one of me or fuzzy is likely a counter claim to Cabd because otherwise the setup would be imbalanced, so him checking one of us doesn't change much, o the assumption we are incorrect today. Investigating outside PRs narrows down possible teams and makes people consider different worlds. If there's disagreement, fine, but I want to make my voice heard on that one point.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Maduisha »

Somehow I thought "the plan" referred to what I proposed to do earlier, lol.

Anyway, I wouldn't know what to say that I hadn't already said. I think it's most likely Samantha and Fuzzy. Umlaut is theoretically a possibility, but like... I've never seen a neighbourizer before, but it sounds like a town role. And Cabd and Max I've determined are town already, Cabd because of the claim related stuff, and Max because the only way I can see Max playing the way he did here if he's scum with Cabd??? And there's no way both scums claimed strong PR and got no cc.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:21 am

Post by clidd »

Alright.

UNVOTE: Maduisha
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:23 am

Post by clidd »

Next target:

VOTE: samantha
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 818, maxwell wrote:To clarify my feelings on the investigation target for Cabd: it's more or less assumed that one of me or fuzzy is likely a counter claim to Cabd because otherwise the setup would be imbalanced, so him checking one of us doesn't change much, o the assumption we are incorrect today. Investigating outside PRs narrows down possible teams and makes people consider different worlds. If there's disagreement, fine, but I want to make my voice heard on that one point.
In case it's not clear: Say Cabd investigates you and says you're town.
  • If Cabd is town, then you are town.
  • If Cabd is scum, then you are
    still
    town (because I don't believe both scum are in the PR claims).
Similarly, if he says you are scum, that means Fuzzy is town regardless of whether Cabd is or not.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:26 am

Post by clidd »

Does anyone want to protest that we should eliminate
Sam
Maduisha?
Or protest against the elimination of
Maduisha
Sam?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

Sam is at L-1 now, by the way.

No protest here.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”