Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

murdercat, when you're done, would you be able to give a tldr on your reads?
i feel like i don't have a super great sense for where you're holding

and i hope things are going well irl!

~ skitter
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 716, MURDERCAT wrote:Hi I'm here, I have been skimming but haven't had the energy to post, sorry. I wanted to catchup earlier but other things got in the way. I'll do it now.
<(") | (")>
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I assume they want me to do stuff. Which is fair. That wasn't actually that bad I thought there was a lot more than there actually is.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh.my.god.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 718, MURDERCAT wrote:He has been voting a scum read though, it's not like he's doing nothing?
This misses the point entirely....
<(") | (")>
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:44 pm

good gif :thumbsup:

~ skitter
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 725, Dumb and Dumber wrote:murdercat, when you're done, would you be able to give a tldr on your reads?
i feel like i don't have a super great sense for where you're holding

and i hope things are going well irl!

~ skitter
was just about to.

And things are fine, just busy! And yeah I agree with whoever said the energy was kind of taken out of this game.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 729, PenguinPower wrote:This misses the point entirely....
So what is the point?
GTKAMURDERCAT

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I feel like I was clear on that.
<(") | (")>
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

{Infinity 324, Salsabil Faria}
{Gamma Emerald, shadowslug, Green Crayons, Daenerys and Dragons}
{Not_Mafia, PenguinPower, Dumb and Dumber}
{YyottaCat}

I think I'm here.

Infinity isn't doing the "are you scum??" thing he does to me when he is scum.
Salsabil: town slip and generally has no agenda while not doing nothing, if that makes sense

Gamma seems to just be chilling and doesn't seem to be trying to push anything in particular.
Shadow/gc I think might be TvT, but I admit that is in part because of how other people have voted in relation to the 1v1.
Lilith's emotion about dumbass seems real to me, in a TAI way.

NM: ?
PP: Don't really love some of the stuff in his early game or how he has interacted with me.
Dumb and Dumber: Paranoia about trying to get town read, not interested in an elim here

YyottaCat: We need more pressure here.
GTKAMURDERCAT

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Yeah - I’m fine yeeting this.

One day we’ll roll the same alignment again, murderkitty.
<(") | (")>
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 733, PenguinPower wrote:I feel like I was clear on that.
Ok. How I read shade as SAI is when someone is adding pressure somewhere without wanting to commit a vote towards it. I don't really feel like you are a big target of discussion. If GC is SRing shadow and that is the point of discussion it makes sense to keep a vote there, no?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 735, PenguinPower wrote:Yeah - I’m fine yeeting this.

One day we’ll roll the same alignment again, murderkitty.
lol ok why don't you give a list?
GTKAMURDERCAT

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh - no. I don’t do that.
<(") | (")>
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

lol
GTKAMURDERCAT

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Unless you want some rainbow reads - but i don’t think you deserve that right now tbh
<(") | (")>
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:59 pm

well, uh, those are takes ig?

murdercat can you also do like a little self-assessment for me: how do you view your towngame? your scumgame? which do you think is better and why?

~ skitter
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 740, PenguinPower wrote:Unless you want some rainbow reads - but i don’t think you deserve that right now tbh
:cry:
GTKAMURDERCAT

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 187, shadowslug wrote:
In post 182, Green Crayons wrote:So is your problem that I'm too certain in my read or that I'm conflicted?

You're going to have to settle on which one you want to say makes me scum so you can finally finish this tiresome windup.
My problem is you jump from confident to conflicted in a way that doesn't look real

You're conflicted one moment then shooting people down who say i'm town the next

You're "seems too easy" post seems fake in light of the posts coming
directly after it
that imply you think i'm just scum
Genuine read, he thinks he's caught scum
In post 344, shadowslug wrote:
In post 341, shadowslug wrote:
In post 318, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: GC

GC keeps pinging me, I guess it doesn't feel like there's genuine scumhunting underneath his caginess?

Shadow, I feel like that would be scummy if anything? (Newbscum are more likely to be lost/confused I think) Though the slip was probably genuine.
I felt similar confusion at all the names. I'm
still
getting the D+D's mixed up. The desire to try and understand why people are voting/get a clear grasp of the game feels very townie to me. And her in-the-moment questioning after that post solidifies this TR.
Also - scum may be lost and confused, but they probably don't want to
appear
lost and confused. So the earnestness in being confused and the fact I felt similarly earns a townread from me. Do you feel there's a difference between being and appearing?
Nuanced read, and the way he quotes himself to clarify feels genuine
In post 560, shadowslug wrote:
In post 539, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:skitter you know i love you and i think you’re great. this isn’t personal.

@whoever is interested: skitter is within top 3 players onsite with ability to read me. probably top 1 if not close to it. she has crazy accuracy on me. therefore I will consider scumreading me a scumclaim, from her specifically.

@whoever else is interested re: “this argument is going nowhere”: I have unorthodox methods, I know. they don’t make a lot of sense to most people, I know. However, my methods have really worked for me - see [redacted].

- Daenerys
what tells do you think you have given so far that skitter would be able to pick up on and townread you for? isn't that townread also based on you being able to effectively play to your town meta in a way that skitter can identify?
In post 567, shadowslug wrote:
In post 562, Daenerys and Dragons wrote: lol I don’t think this is ever a problem for me, but sure:
- probing questions
- level of interest
- engagement with specific people
- skitter herself at the very beginning of this game brought up my “excitement.” I disagree that this is a perfect tell for me on principle but this is probably true to some extent.
would these not be able to be faked as mafia and would you not alter your playstyle to appeal to the people that can read you if you are scum?
This line of questioning reads really genuine to me because he's not just accepting the narrative of "skitter can read lilith", but he's trying to understand it for himself and fit it into his view of the game
In post 585, shadowslug wrote:
In post 570, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 567, shadowslug wrote:
In post 562, Daenerys and Dragons wrote: lol I don’t think this is ever a problem for me, but sure:
- probing questions
- level of interest
- engagement with specific people
- skitter herself at the very beginning of this game brought up my “excitement.” I disagree that this is a perfect tell for me on principle but this is probably true to some extent.
would these not be able to be faked as mafia and would you not alter your playstyle to appeal to the people that can read you if you are scum?
trust me, I’ve tried. skitter is now something like 5/5 on me. I really hate to use self-meta/examine my own scumgames but.... I’m pretty polarized.

I had a vague sense of unease on auro’s posts before today but not really anything concrete

- Daenerys
ok, gotcha

i think i am coming around to you being town just because your entitlement to being townread feels very townie to me
Good read
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 709, Dumb and Dumber wrote:@gc, some shadowslug posts i liked:

Spoiler:
In post 107, shadowslug wrote:i might be new but that doesnt mean you should say "newbie did this" for every move i make

it's like saying the "new guy" when you have a new person at school. it's a little patronising
i like the tone of this one, i'm not sure (new) scum is quite so stalwart in defending themselves against something like this
(i.e. i think they've be a little bit meeker/ more defense - and apologies for calling you new in the post about just that, but it's informing my read here >.>)

~
In post 121, shadowslug wrote:Well now this just seems like you're inviting other people to question me rather than doing the dirty work yourself
similarly, i like the tone here

~
In post 149, shadowslug wrote:Had to reread to make sure I read the situation correctly

Here's my intepration:

Skitter: yyotta is townie
Infinity: I disagree with reads of this nature
Skitter: I didn't make that read

The problem is skitter immediately defends their thought process rather than trying to correct Infinity. As far as i can see skitter never says why Yyotta's opening is not scum. It was immediately on the defensive. That's why it pinged me.
i like the analysis of this one

~

i like his pushback on your push on him

like idk i can go and quote more but his analysis is good, his tone is good, his line of questioning is good.
i don't see much to scumread here
lol we just fundamentally view him differently

107 is super manufactured and part of why I think shadow/penguin is a possible pair if shadow is indeed scum
121 i absolutely hate because its attacking his questioner rather than answering the question
149 is work, but it doesn't move the needle on anything. the skitter/infinity exchange was noise, and shadow sorting it out doesn't scum hunt but does make him appear active.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 704, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 699, Green Crayons wrote:"I was afraid of getting infinity to Elim -1/-2, so i unvoted"
-Okay, but the most recent vote for infinity explicitly said before the vote that it was E-6, you didn't read that post?
"No I wasn't reading posts"
Ehh, there's a reason votes are highlighted in white, you can see them even if you're skimming posts
just keep make excuses for him my dude

---
In post 704, Infinity 324 wrote:I also think the other points are kind of nitpicky, like new players can be awkward with votes, and unvoting your RVS or semi-RVS vote is something that's fairly common from new players ime when they don't have another confident SR
In post 713, Dumb and Dumber wrote:and while i get how you view it as scummy your scumread feels almost technical if that makes sense? like you're going 'well he should have done X but Y happened instead so he's scum' and like on the surface it kinda sounds ok but it's just not super convincing, or like, it doesn't take into account things like his tone or perspective
what y'all call nitpicky or technical, I call indications of scum perspective.

i don't focus on "tone" (not quite sure what that means) but I've also highlighted posts where his posts communicate a perspective that isn't scum hunting or town defensive, but attempts to discredit me (calling my suspicions of him desperate; trying to get skitter to chainsaw defense for him; his unprompted taunting that more ppl see him favorably over me)
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

infinity, the only one of those that strike me as worth giving town credit is 585
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 742, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 740, PenguinPower wrote:Unless you want some rainbow reads - but i don’t think you deserve that right now tbh
:cry:
Ok...fine. I will give you rainbow reads in the morning when I’m at a computer so i can format them.
<(") | (")>
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 712, Dumb and Dumber wrote:gc do you have a read on infinity atm?

~ skitter
it was strong town for a while and now it's sort of medium town
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 741, Dumb and Dumber wrote:well, uh, those are takes ig?

murdercat can you also do like a little self-assessment for me: how do you view your towngame? your scumgame? which do you think is better and why?

~ skitter
You should get the answer from Infinity, he knows me the best. I like to lay low for a while until I feel like something clicks.

My town game is quite strong, you will see it when I feel like it. I would say my biggest strengths are not being miselimed and, eventually, solving the game. When I get around to it I am usually right or close enough to win.

I thought my scum game was good, but in my 1 scum game since my return I got steamrolled pretty quickly because I tried to save a partner I shouldn't have.

I thought my town game was better than it used to be, but I think I am actually just performing better due to town being strong right now.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Open Games”