Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 520, implosion wrote:I just said why I'm voting isis.

The bottom tier isn't really scumreads, it's not-yet-townreads, I don't really have any good reasons to scumread anyone atm.
for the first bit - ig i'm not super following your explanation
for the second bit - fair enuf
In post 521, implosion wrote:Is Datisi like, a notably good scum player? Bc it seems like there's a decent amount of latent skepticism of him but I feel like he's been transparently town a couple times.
i actually don't think i've ever seen scum-dats first hand, so i have no idea

~ skitter
First in, last out
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I...gave up a pagetop?
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: AaronFrost
but with an eyeroll
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 526, PenguinPower wrote:I...gave up a pagetop?
apparently >.>
you're off your game tonight!

i'm really not vibing this AFF thing

~ skitter
First in, last out
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

Went back through & this is where I'm at:

Inf
Dat
!Sci
Shydra
BB Bridgers

Peng
!Maf
Imp
Scipio

Isis
Ben
Aaron

[line][/line]

I think Dat's just done a generally good job of giving the game momentum, but mostly I like that there's a concerted effort to keep things concrete. Posts like 68, 168-into-332 & 474 imo do a good job of cutting back at some of the more abstract reads in the thread (w/o necessarily challenging them) and distilling them into something materially useful: v little "PJ makes me feel x", much more "PJ did y which makes me feel x" which is just an overall more productive attitude imo.

I've decided I like Shy here. Partly just feeling comfortable sheeping the Notsci read on the slot ( spells out a lot of the stuff I wanted clarity on earlier re: the meta read, and I'm p satisfied with head consistency + keeping up with the thread as indicators here). Beyond that, though, I like the high posting volume--not really AI in&of itself, but the contents of stuff like 166, 347 & 468 feels extremely generative to me, just doing a very good job of eliciting content which can become AI down the road which, like, I'm into it.

Isis wagon makes sense to me, biggest thing that stood out for me was that 175 was overemoted. At a glance, though, imo Ben's grosser--really don't love their reaction to the wagon on them in . Feels extremely loaded to call it a dogpile in the same post that you're asking for reasoning on the votes. The whole "I can't say that scum is on this wagon" feels pretty weak here, too, bc all of it just kind of comes back to the fact that you're not actually
attempting
to make sense of the votes. No attempt from ben to answer their own question, but plenty of effort invested in (preemptively?) painting the wagon as groundless. Similar vibes from 162--if you want more from Isis, ask for more from Isis.

Biggest beef with Aaron is that I feel like they're posting to appear like they're contributing while also being as inoffensive as possible--a lot of talking without saying anything at all. Gave thoughts on some of their earlier content in my last post, but even beyond that it's all very noncommital--like that guy in your grad seminar who didn't do the reading but still opens his mouth because he wants to be perceived as having something to offer. I'm thinking about things like (which is mostly just him making an observation that others have a read on ben while claiming to have no opinion of their own, despite having literally just interacted with ben in his previous post. Follow up is p lackluster, too--post a votecount, make no attempt at analysis) or whole ~what could it mean~ schtick. Like... so much of their ISO is commenting on the amount of townreads being given out & expressing hesitation there, but then doing very little to actually move the game out of that state.
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

BBCode is disgusting.
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

i wanna give townpoints for the youtube readslist lol

~ skitter
First in, last out
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 511, Bridgeburners wrote:Hereby i present Random Assorted Thoughts on Recent
- mena doesn't really like schiavetto's entrance but i'm kinda meh on it. don't love the timing of his aaron read
If it's any consolation, I wanted to vote them in my earlier catchup post. Couldn't shake the feeling that it was maybe a bad idea to vote without having read the later half of the game though.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m curious why I’m a strong enough townread for them to trust my read particularly when I’ve stated in thread I was wishywashy against scum gypyx in tenet.

Can you elaborate some?

6/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Isis »

Schiavetto seems preeeetty town

lots of analysis that is probably town motivated even if it's wrong
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 505, implosion wrote:i have general mild good vibes from aaron with like two specific things that i like a little bit more ( which I mentioned, also a bit on /)
Those still both feel very.... safe is probably the wrong word for what I mean here, but it's what's coming to mind. What am I not seeing?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Isis »

schiavetto,
scipio,
PP
implo
secret hydra
notscience
Datisi
bendover
Infinity
aaronfrost
NM
aaron frost
skitteR
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 532, Schiavetto wrote:
In post 511, Bridgeburners wrote:Hereby i present Random Assorted Thoughts on Recent
- mena doesn't really like schiavetto's entrance but i'm kinda meh on it. don't love the timing of his aaron read
If it's any consolation, I wanted to vote them in my earlier catchup post. Couldn't shake the feeling that it was maybe a bad idea to vote without having read the later half of the game though.
fwiw the bit in particular that mena didn't like was the fact that you came around to aaron-scum just when the wagon was heating up. i don't think he particularly minds that you didn't actualy lay a vote down just then, but rather that you made a point of scumreading him just as that wagon was becoming a thing

~ skitter

VOTE: isis
back here
First in, last out
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by notscience »

Isis is skitter still on the bottom of your list from the v/la thing or is it something else?

Skitter, do you know if mena planned on outting that lie read you guys mentioned earlier?

7/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Shiavetto, I'd like to question why you put Scipio and bridge where they are currently.
In post 529, Schiavetto wrote: Feels extremely loaded to call it a dogpile in the same post that you're asking for reasoning on the votes.
Well, I do believe I am allowed to call it a dogpile when my wagon gets 3 consecutive votes in less than 2 hours. Not sure how asking for reasoning on the votes correlates negatively when I also call it a dogpile, votes can still have reasoning but the wagon can still be a dogpile.
Schiavetto wrote: The whole "I can't say that scum is on this wagon" feels pretty weak here, too, bc all of it just kind of comes back to the fact that you're not actually
attempting
to make sense of the votes.
I am sorting the votes and trying to make sense of them as you have said because "I asked for the reasoning of the votes". What do you believe "attempting to make sense of the votes" means if asking for the reasoning is not that?
Schiavetto wrote:No attempt from ben to answer their own question, but plenty of effort invested in (preemptively?) painting the wagon as groundless.
Which question was this?

I believe with the context of how my wagon was formed I can assert it as groundless.
Isis wrote:schiavetto,
scipio,
PP
implo
secret hydra
notscience
Datisi
bendover
Infinity
aaronfrost
NM
aaron frost
skitteR
Was that analysis all it took for you to put shiavetto as your top townread?
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

@notsci:

so, uh, mena told me after he made that post that there wasn't, like, actually a lie read, he just said to see if anybody would react to it in an interesting way
(at this point i'm p sure everyone had the chance to see it and react (or not) so i don't think he'd mind me saying this)

~ skitter
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Isis »

I vaguely remember skimming a newbie a year ago or something and thinking Schiavetto's play looked soft so that's amplifying the read. I don't think I'm unjustified for townbinning Schiavetto off the post anyway, in a vacuum, though. Some of the runners up had minor scumpings offsetting the things I liked about them which might rig things in Schiavetto's favor for having fewer posts but cest la vie
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

What a nice scumpost

UNVOTE:

E-2

@ben What are your reads looking like atm?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 153, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 149, Scipio1 wrote:not understanding a single thing bridge is saying rn lmao
I (the first person pronoun -- referring in this case to the player slot known as "bridge burners", specifically the Quick Ben head of the hydra) am (first person conjugation of the verb "to be") prepared (to be willing to) to write (verb -- to inscribe words using keyboard or pen that have meaning and allow communication with others) one (1) (number, used to signify quantity) haiku (a short poetic form generally consisting of a 5 syllable line, followed by a 7 syllable line, followed by a 5 syllable line, although these conventions can be broken when writing in English and not in the original Japanese) or (used to link two alternative options) one (1) (number again) limerick (a humorous poetic form with a rhyme pattern of AABBA, typically rather irreverent) for anyone (one of the two poetic options will be designed the person accepting my offer) who votes (who uses the code

Code: Select all

[vote][/vote]
to place a vote within this game of mafia, signifying who they would like to be eliminated today) scipio (another player in the game) rn (contraction; signifies "right now") so we (referring to the rest of the players in the game) can (to be able to) end (to finish, terminate) D1 (the first day of play in most mafia games and variants) in under (to be below a certain number) 10 (another number, signifying ten individual units of a thing) pages (25 posts on mafiascum(dot)net).

I hope this clears things up!
This is a style of humor people enjoy somewhat more often as scum
In post 178, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 175, Isis wrote:didn't tell the mod right away about her V/LA in Mini 2113 as town
If you like I can find you any one of a million towngames where skitt’s first post has been to greet people and to announce her VLA to the mod

C-
In post 180, Bridgeburners wrote:Hmm, did you actually roll scum this game isis?
This response has really bad "I'm scum but that's not why" vibes. The segmenting between "you're wrong" and "you're scum", from these being separate posts, is really troubling. As town the notions would be unified, as scum they'd be separated into steps. I don't actually have an elegant explanation why, I'm just remembering my own town and scum thought processes when I deal with getting pushed. Deciding to push back is a something to be chosen instead of felt.
In post 192, Bridgeburners wrote:Isis can i tempt you with a scipio vote?
I don't really know why skitter would post this before she's caught up on the thread as any alignment, I don't actually have a reason it's scummy but uh, the fumuki quote I guess.
In post 537, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 532, Schiavetto wrote:
fwiw the bit in particular that mena didn't like was the fact that you came around to aaron-scum just when the wagon was heating up. i don't think he particularly minds that you didn't actualy lay a vote down just then, but rather that you made a point of scumreading him just as that wagon was becoming a thing

~ skitter

back here
Big picture it doesn't make sense to me that skitter would be back on me right now. The worlds where she never got off me would make sense, not ones where she got off and got back on now, they seem a little weird.

Re-isoing there were a couple things I found towny so this slot is not as bad as I thought.
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

i didn't post 192 (i also feel like that should be somewhat self-evident from the very next few posts)
and like i (i.e. my slot) stopped voting you because mena wanted to do something different. if it were just me i probably would have been on you this whole time. it's a little strange to me that that's your critique of my vote on you given that this is a hydra ...

~ skitter
First in, last out
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 542, Infinity 324 wrote: @ben What are your reads looking like atm?
Townread
Datisi
Infinity

townlean
Penguin
Scipio

Nulltown
Isis

Nullish
Schiavetto
notsci
implo
Sec-hydra
N_M
bridge
AFF
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 140, Bridgeburners wrote:AFF's was good

notsci limiting his posting is prob town motivated

infinity is giving out too many TRs too easily and should be more paranoid. also is ignoring my slot which is ?
I think this is a very foolish post and when I feel that way about mena's posts he's usually town
notsci probably decided on the post restriction before gamestart
In post 317, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 315, Isis wrote:brain esplode was just because "BoP of scumgame" is hilarious and paradoxish, even though I understand what you were doing with the phrase and it makes sense. I think I could see myself making a play like that as scum, I'm not saying otherwise.
Eh, i guess I’m open to having misinterpreted what you meant by “brain esplode”

It felt kinda dismissive tho

Anyway, I said I wouldn’t belabour the point so I’ll leave it for now, I think I’ve covered what needed to be said

And it’s 5am here so I’m also gonna try to head off! Night!

-QB
I liked the tone and Mena being able to identify an argument as seeming low utility/obstructiony to him without necessarily leveraging it as AI super-necessarily, it suggest perhaps he is not in the standard scum mindset of making things that are not AI be AI (since as scum, nothing is AI)
In post 518, Bridgeburners wrote:implo would you mind reminding me why you're scumreading us again?
also why are you voting isis?

~ skitter
skitter is being kind of scattershot and this doesn't seem to be a post that helps scumskitter on its face. I maybe could have left this out of multiquote compared to the weight of the other points
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 544, Bridgeburners wrote:i didn't post 192 (i also feel like that should be somewhat self-evident from the very next few posts)
and like i (i.e. my slot) stopped voting you because mena wanted to do something different. if it were just me i probably would have been on you this whole time. it's a little strange to me that that's your critique of my vote on you given that this is a hydra ...

~ skitter
i did not track this

now I just want to policy both the hydras and start a micro
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

wait you didn't post 192? that seemed so much like your wording

a;ksl;f;ajsdflk;aj
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

eh idk if i'd say 'tempt' there
you feel super weird this game. any thoughts on htat?
First in, last out

Return to “Completed Open Games”