Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 533, notscience wrote:I’m curious why I’m a strong enough townread for them to trust my read particularly when I’ve stated in thread I was wishywashy against scum gypyx in tenet.

Can you elaborate some?

6/10
It's less "Oh, I trust Notsci's take on gypyx" (though to be clear, I do: early progression w/ your comments on them gels with me p solidly) and more "Oh, I like this slot, and I think what Notsci's saying makes a lot of sense in the context of the good things I'm already seeing with this slot." Thought that was clearer in my previous post. If you're questioning why I tr you
at all
, I just think your ISO just generally reads as solve-y. Don't love the self-imposed post limit but we can't all have nice things.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 549, Bridgeburners wrote:eh idk if i'd say 'tempt' there
you feel super weird this game. any thoughts on htat?
Mm. This is my first game since starting a new job that's pretty rigorous.

I feel like I wanted to approach this game less spamposty because PP and implo are in it and I don't think it's their style of game. Trying not to multipost when I usually would.

I think that's all I got
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Isis »

Am I at E2NM or E1NM
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I’m excited that these are new terms....

Off to the wiki!
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 554, Isis wrote:I feel like I wanted to approach this game less spamposty because PP and implo are in it and I don't think it's their style of game. Trying not to multipost when I usually would.
Reminder for me to address this in the morning.
<(") | (")>
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 476, Datisi wrote:i'm getting an evil vibe from the isis wagon

what happens if i

VOTE: aaronffrost
spicy vote

what do you dislike about the isis wagon?
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 554, Isis wrote:
In post 549, Bridgeburners wrote:eh idk if i'd say 'tempt' there
you feel super weird this game. any thoughts on htat?
Mm. This is my first game since starting a new job that's pretty rigorous.

I feel like I wanted to approach this game less spamposty because PP and implo are in it and I don't think it's their style of game. Trying not to multipost when I usually would.

I think that's all I got
i hope your new job is going well <3

and, eh ok that could explain the weirdness i suppose
idk where to vote so i'll just let mena pick

UNVOTE:
First in, last out
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 534, Isis wrote:Schiavetto seems preeeetty town

lots of analysis that is probably town motivated even if it's wrong
In post 536, Isis wrote:
schiavetto
scipio,
PP
implo
secret hydra
notscience
Datisi
bendover
Infinity
aaronfrost
NM
aaron frost
skitteR
In post 541, Isis wrote:I vaguely remember skimming a newbie a year ago or something and thinking Schiavetto's play looked soft so that's amplifying the read. I don't think I'm unjustified for townbinning Schiavetto off the post anyway, in a vacuum, though. Some of the runners up had minor scumpings offsetting the things I liked about them which might rig things in Schiavetto's favor for having fewer posts but cest la vie
Immediate reaction to this is "Hi, I'm right here in the thread with you and we're playing the same game, please act like it."
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 486, Datisi wrote:i don't think the vote is good faith, there's weird shade-but-not-really on isis from aaron (, ) and then he just votes her when the wagon's growing there, the phrasing around it feels weird and performative in a way and i Don't Like It
i voted isis because i was at the point where i wanted to cast a serious vote instead of leaving my vote on scipio for the haiku thing and didn't feel it was necessary to jump on the ben wagon since i townread his reaction to it.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 495, Schiavetto wrote:TR from him on Infinity feels like it only came out to soften his vote.
can you explain what you mean by this part because i'm not sure what you're referring to here? i hadn't made a serious vote when i townread infinity
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 521, implosion wrote:Is Datisi like, a notably good scum player? Bc it seems like there's a decent amount of latent skepticism of him but I feel like he's been transparently town a couple times.
i think datisi is more than capable as scum but take that with a grain of salt because i think i've only played with scum!datisi once and that was in a newbie game back in like 2019
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 529, Schiavetto wrote:Biggest beef with Aaron is that I feel like they're posting to appear like they're contributing while also being as inoffensive as possible--a lot of talking without saying anything at all. Gave thoughts on some of their earlier content in my last post, but even beyond that it's all very noncommital--like that guy in your grad seminar who didn't do the reading but still opens his mouth because he wants to be perceived as having something to offer. I'm thinking about things like (which is mostly just him making an observation that others have a read on ben while claiming to have no opinion of their own, despite having literally just interacted with ben in his previous post. Follow up is p lackluster, too--post a votecount, make no attempt at analysis) or whole ~what could it mean~ schtick. Like... so much of their ISO is commenting on the amount of townreads being given out & expressing hesitation there, but then doing very little to actually move the game out of that state.
i'm usually pretty noncommital early game when it comes to scumreads, i like to figure out who i think is town first and then go from there. then once we get a couple flips i can start narrowing things down.

my playstyle in general is more observant than pushy but i also like to post my thoughts as i have them

i also gave my opinion on the ben wagon
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 535, Schiavetto wrote:
In post 505, implosion wrote:i have general mild good vibes from aaron with like two specific things that i like a little bit more ( which I mentioned, also a bit on /)
Those still both feel very.... safe is probably the wrong word for what I mean here, but it's what's coming to mind. What am I not seeing?
i am kinda confused why implosion finds those two posts towny tbh (167/266)
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 537, Bridgeburners wrote:
-Probably going to keep most of this shallow for the sake of actually getting back into the thread. Contents of this post apply up through #173, which is where I last left off reading before checking out.

fwiw the bit in particular that mena didn't like was the fact that you came around to aaron-scum just when the wagon was heating up. i don't think he particularly minds that you didn't actualy lay a vote down just then, but rather that you made a point of scumreading him just as that wagon was becoming a thing
it seems like schiavetto had that read before they even know my wagon was a thing so that reasoning doesn't check out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 560, Schiavetto wrote:
In post 534, Isis wrote:Schiavetto seems preeeetty town

lots of analysis that is probably town motivated even if it's wrong
In post 536, Isis wrote:
schiavetto
scipio,
PP
implo
secret hydra
notscience
Datisi
bendover
Infinity
aaronfrost
NM
aaron frost
skitteR
In post 541, Isis wrote:I vaguely remember skimming a newbie a year ago or something and thinking Schiavetto's play looked soft so that's amplifying the read. I don't think I'm unjustified for townbinning Schiavetto off the post anyway, in a vacuum, though. Some of the runners up had minor scumpings offsetting the things I liked about them which might rig things in Schiavetto's favor for having fewer posts but cest la vie
Immediate reaction to this is "Hi, I'm right here in the thread with you and we're playing the same game, please act like it."
i realized all of the OU cliche moveset jokes I wanted to make to you were outdated and would make me look silly so i got really sad and distant
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't really need to interact with people directly as much when I don't feel curious about their alignment.

But I'll try to shift to like not hurt your feelings, doesn't cost me much
"Well, I..."
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 495, Schiavetto wrote:Alright cool, back. Apologies for daylong pause.

Right off the bat, it feels like most of you know each other pretty well, which is great! I don't know any of you, though, and culture clash kills games, so I'm gonna throw some things out there before moving any further:
-EST (bEST)
-I'm at work from 7-5 most weekdays, most of which time is spent interfacing directly via zoom. Activity will reflect that.
-It's been a while since I've played on MS specifically, but if you need reference games I can pull from here, Pokemon Showdown (home community), Smogon, or MU (hydra).
-Probably going to keep most of this shallow for the sake of actually getting back into the thread. Contents of this post apply up through #173, which is where I last left off reading before checking out.

A lot of your names blurred but the main things that jumped out to me:

-From what I can tell, Gypyx head is being townread for energy-levels/engagement mostly? What's the point of comparison for that, and what would you call "energetic" for them? Volume, tone, etc.? Doesn't feel like an (immediately) useful indicator to me w/o some frame of reference

-I think I can vibe with the early townleans on Infinity. A lot of intentionality & probing that, even if it comes from scum, mostly just benefits town in the longrun. Let's run with it.

-I'm going to have to backread to decide how much I actually care about Bridgeburner's shitposting but earlier throwaway remarks aside, I'm not terribly impressed by it, and while I don't find it inherently problematic, it does tend to open itself up pretty easily to hollow remarks like (which I don't love from Aaron). The less memey shit (134, 140-41) feels cozy though. Cautious TR.

-Going back to Aaron, it's just weird imo what he's chosen to respond to. TR from him on Infinity feels like it only came out to soften his vote. is a weird nitpick for me: the natural follow-up there imo is that suppressing nerves and not having those nerves in the first place are two p different things (which is my next issue with it--reliability/unreliability of nervousness as a tell depends a lot on what nervousness looks like imo, which is more probably more pertinent if you're going to start poking at that line of thinking). It's only a handful of posts, and none of it's egregious, but it feels off.

Clicking submit. Reading rest of thread. Rereading thread in entirety. Posting later tonight.
this feels like a genuine read
nothing more substantial then that, just a gut read here

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 511, Bridgeburners wrote:Hereby i present Random Assorted Thoughts on Recent Postings:

- i don't particularly like dats' take in and

- i'm kinda liking notsci rn

- mena doesn't really like schiavetto's entrance but i'm kinda meh on it. don't love the timing of his aaron read

- isis i hope you're ok <3

- i'm not sure i, like, get the aaron thing that's picking up steam rn

~ skitter
ah yes the famous and well known 'RATRP' protocol

i haven't been pinged by dats in a bad way this game, outside of his 'posting with no clear objective is scummy'
and what you quoted doesn't really ping me in a bad way either

you can tell mena that i do like schiavetti and if he wants to fight over it he can come out and play himself :)

willing to let the aaaron thing just play out, frankly

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 517, implosion wrote:Secret hydra I notably haven't really actually invested any energy to try to read yet
why?

both of the heads we are trying to emulate aren't very hard to read, and we haven't exactly been staying away from giving opinions and thoughts

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 519, ben dover123 wrote:sEcret hYdra has only 1 notable thing, that's the progression from 327 (saying Datisi's scumrange has exploded) to 328 (TR'ing Datisi early) which is weird but I think it's the towny weird? Other than that nothing really is telling from them imo.
we have early townreads, an attempt at a townblock, a push on isis and those thoughts on datisi

saying we 'only have this 1 thing we did' is a misrep and i don't take those lightly…

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 520, implosion wrote:I just said why I'm voting isis.

The bottom tier isn't really scumreads, it's not-yet-townreads, I don't really have any good reasons to scumread anyone atm.
eeehhhh

this reads like you don't wanna commit to 'too many townreads', but also don't really wanna have scumreads that can bite you, ya feel?

hmmmm

-seCret
Bottom rawr!
seCret hYdra
seCret hYdra
Goon
seCret hYdra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by seCret hYdra »

In post 531, Bridgeburners wrote:i wanna give townpoints for the youtube readslist lol

~ skitter
absolutely agree lol

-seCret
Bottom rawr!

Return to “Completed Open Games”