Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 649, PenguinPower wrote:I’m not approaching this from a math standpoint and my terminology is not math related. Didn’t mean for that to come across as look at this graph.

I am fine with hundreds - nay thousands of posts - that are not very large. Easier for my brain to pay attention to.
Interesting
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 649, PenguinPower wrote:I’m not approaching this from a math standpoint and my terminology is not math related. Didn’t mean for that to come across as look at this graph.
The word "trajectory" queued the idea of an inconsistency in an arc (like a graph) existing but your followup explanation seems to be more like you just want to remark that you don't buy what infinity is consistently doing (when you start counting from where he voted).

trajectory denotes any path but connotes a bent path. so.
I mean in case you like etymology more than math
I'll connect with you about something one day PP I swear it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Isis »

omg I said "queued" instead of "cued"
I teased Hectic about that one time
he'd never let me live it down
thank god this is somehow one of the two and a half games onsite he's not in
ongoing games rules and human forgetfullness bless and protect me
"Well, I..."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Noted for later referral.
<(") | (")>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by implosion »

i'm very lazy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by implosion »

i could like explain to datisi why i find him obvtown but i don't really feel like it. i'll do it later if it's actually important

isis's posting is like, fine but, idk i kind of just want blood
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Queue/cue/qwee
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 656, implosion wrote:isis's posting is like, fine but, idk i kind of just want blood
is this a new feeling? Because you could have shifted closer to blood by moving to AFF
<(") | (")>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by implosion »

it's mostly new and by blood i mean blood of the people who i currently have as bottom tier reads.

basically i just am too tired rn to give isis's posts the thought i should
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 653, Isis wrote:omg I said "queued" instead of "cued"
Now I'm imagining my thought progression as a line, except it's made up of a bunch of people and they all want ice cream or something. Sounds pretty realistic tbh
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 660, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 653, Isis wrote:omg I said "queued" instead of "cued"
Now I'm imagining my thought progression as a line, except it's made up of a bunch of people and they all want ice cream or something. Sounds pretty realistic tbh
At fedex today the socially distanced line was populated with people who would step away look at something on a shelf and return to their previous position more freely than in 2019 and be understood to still have their original position

it was interesting

probably we were all a simulation in your mind
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Whoever the person was that SRed you was like

all the way the fuck on the other side of the store

shopping for birthday cards or something
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 617, Isis wrote:notscience is not even actually a low-poster/inactive, he just said he was going to be, then he's had standard activity. I thought it was weird. I guess the only scenario where it's scummy weird is when notscience has posted in a scum PT that he's gonna self impose a limit and gets to lurk but don't worry he'd prob do it as town too.
It's not super characterizable but it's super weird! like notsci feels high content to me. Though I don't remember much of the content so he's probably scum
You’re used to me being around this activity level. Other games I have a MASSIVE post count and I have recently been getting tilted and various other things and I need to step back and be more objective.

I suppose it’s fair I’m not really committing to many pushes right now and my iso is somewhat forgettable. I wish I had a better answer than “fuck if I know what to push”

This almost feels like 2181 for me. Which is weird because that game I blinded myself but I don’t feel blinded this game? Like I’m struggling to find scumreads

But excuses do fuckall so I probably need to reread or something. Maybe Monday if I have time.

1/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

gut says there's exactly one scum in Aaron/ben/Datisi

Out of those three, AFF is the only one I haven't been getting any townie vibes from. ben's recent posts have more or less made me reverse my read of him.
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

Also did sec/hyd just fall off the map or is that just me? I have little to no memory of any of their recent posts.
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

In post 618, Isis wrote:
In post 603, Datisi wrote:
In post 601, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 600, Datisi wrote:
In post 599, ben dover123 wrote:VOTE: AFF we need wagons and Isis isn't one I'm joining.
have your reads changed in any way in the last ~18 hours and if so, how?
No, they have remained the same since then. Nothing has changed for me yet.
ok so can you talk to me about why you're voting aff now then? you said earlier he's "rather null" and that you wanna wait a bit until voting. the only +town thing you mentioned about isis was that the early attack was more likely to be bad town. is that still the case? is that the whole reason behind not wanting to join the isis wagon? bc i'm still struggling to follow your thought process here and if you're town i'd really like it if you could show me that?
This seems like a scumpost to me. The last line is level zero, extremely towny to post. Datisi knows it's extremely townie to post. But I don't think Datisi organically posted it. It reads like a plastic cake to me. like. this post has 6-7 different lines of inquiry trying to tease out of ben to "solve" him and it seems like overkill and the organic version of this post would focus either on the AaronFrost read or the Isis read.

like.
idk look at some of this diction
I see what you mean, actually.

But like, why the vote, exactly? Do you think this one post that pings scum completely overrules Datisi's overall towniness?
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

In post 626, Isis wrote:I'm voting Datisi pretty much just for that one post +
maybe an internalized expectation that he would obvtown that set his par for course a bit rigged
oh just saw this. Explain what the bolded part means.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by notscience »

Why does your gut say there’s scum in that group?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Isis »

I expect to think "oh that post is pretty towny" for Datisi more than most players. I've only played with him one time that I wasn't scum and he was super super towny. I tend to like to grade people on a curve, because some people have a kind of townie baseline or scummy baseline.

I didn't really agree with townreading a bunch of his early play, you must be thinking of other players who have said that. I remember mentally noting that the towncase on dragon looks pretty much like how Datisi develops an early townread on dragon or pretends to do so, rathe indistinguishably (dragon is Iconeum)
"Well, I..."
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

In post 668, notscience wrote:Why does your gut say there’s scum in that group?
their interactions with each other don't seem to be w/w in any world but I'm having trouble believing that they're v/v/v fsr.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 618, Isis wrote:
In post 603, Datisi wrote:
In post 601, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 600, Datisi wrote:
In post 599, ben dover123 wrote:VOTE: AFF we need wagons and Isis isn't one I'm joining.
have your reads changed in any way in the last ~18 hours and if so, how?
No, they have remained the same since then. Nothing has changed for me yet.
ok so can you talk to me about why you're voting aff now then? you said earlier he's "rather null" and that you wanna wait a bit until voting. the only +town thing you mentioned about isis was that the early attack was more likely to be bad town. is that still the case? is that the whole reason behind not wanting to join the isis wagon? bc i'm still struggling to follow your thought process here and if you're town i'd really like it if you could show me that?
This seems like a scumpost to me. The last line is level zero, extremely towny to post. Datisi knows it's extremely townie to post. But I don't think Datisi organically posted it. It reads like a plastic cake to me. like. this post has 6-7 different lines of inquiry trying to tease out of ben to "solve" him and it seems like overkill and the organic version of this post would focus either on the AaronFrost read or the Isis read.

like.
idk look at some of this diction
Hm I guess I see what you are trying to get at here? But then again these "level 0" and "level 1" thought processes are usually just Occam's Razor otherwise it's completely NAI. I think Datisi does incorporate the wagons cause he's talking about why I'm thinking these things specifically related at those 2 wagons. The thing that confuses me is how Datisi didn't get why I was voting AFF like I held off on voting when I did state that I would compromise on voting AFF before but maybe I worded it too vaguely.
In post 623, PenguinPower wrote:Ok - why'd you move off of AFF (someone you decided was worthy of your vote) to someone who no one else decided was worthy of a vote and to whit you have not really explained why you think is worthy of a vote beyond a tonal read of one post?
Honestly this is a excellent question by the penguin and the timing of this is probably town indicative.
In post 626, Isis wrote:I'm voting Datisi pretty much just for that one post + maybe an internalized expectation that he would obvtown that set his par for course a bit rigged
wait whut. Specifically the end bit, isn't that just WIFOM in a nutshell? Like if your expectation for Datisi is to obvtown then if Datisi obvtowns doesn't that mean he is following the course as either alignment??
In post 634, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: penguin
Explain this vote please.
In post 656, implosion wrote: isis's posting is like, fine but, idk i kind of just want blood
In post 659, implosion wrote:it's mostly new and by blood i mean blood of the people who i currently have as bottom tier reads.

basically i just am too tired rn to give isis's posts the thought i should
Blood meaning as a hang or something else? I want to say something about this craving for blood in your bottom tier reads and why you think such but I think I'm missing context here.
In post 664, Scipio1 wrote:gut says there's exactly one scum in Aaron/ben/Datisi

Out of those three, AFF is the only one I haven't been getting any townie vibes from. ben's recent posts have more or less made me reverse my read of him.
Any real explanation for this gut pool? Or is it just pure gut?
In post 665, Scipio1 wrote:Also did sec/hyd just fall off the map or is that just me? I have little to no memory of any of their recent posts.
Yeah you aren't the only one who noticed this. No offense but their contributions seem...nonexistent almost? Besides that weird progression.
In post 669, Isis wrote:I expect to think "oh that post is pretty towny" for Datisi more than most players. I've only played with him one time that I wasn't scum and he was super super towny. I tend to like to grade people on a curve, because some people have a kind of townie baseline or scummy baseline.

I didn't really agree with townreading a bunch of his early play, you must be thinking of other players who have said that. I remember mentally noting that the towncase on dragon looks pretty much like how Datisi develops an early townread on dragon or pretends to do so, rathe indistinguishably (dragon is Iconeum)
I think the curve thing is a bit WIFOM imo. Like, if they are towny, then they are towny. That should be that.

Is there some kind of tell for Datisi developing early townreads? I don't think there is much wrong with what you described here.
Scipio1 wrote:
In post 668, notscience wrote:Why does your gut say there’s scum in that group?
their interactions with each other don't seem to be w/w in any world but I'm having trouble believing that they're v/v/v fsr.
Ok. Just don't trouble yourself too heavily with pre-flip interactions. Usually that can cause some problems with the "X scum in this group".
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Isis »

idk how to explain it to you
If I can't point to a post implosion has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, implosion probably has a role PM. If I can't point to a post Datisi has made by the end of day 1 and say it's a townpost, he's probably scum.

Datisi probably has like, 2-3 townish posts I that didn't meet threshhold for specific remarks, PP has done the same, and by the curve I grade on PP is more likely to be actually town this game than Datisi.

I play all my games like this. The extent to which I acknowledge it varies. I would think everyone plays their games this way although maybe other people wait for an actual scumgame and do this storytelling paranoid "but for this person, what if this is like that time they seemed townie but for scum?" (my approach is a bit more flawed if it were applied to someone I have not seen actually roll scum, but I have been scum -with- Datisi once and felt like he made good posts)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Isis »

*but were scum
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:02 pm