midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4475 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:21 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 4472, Something_Smart wrote:Midwaybear, I hath heard from sources reliable that your ISO today is garbage. Can you expand a little bit on why you chose to vote me? Why did you only do a "quick ISO skim" when you had the whole night to decide between me and MT?
I voted you because I thought MT had some townie interactions with Kanna while yours were more NAI. Now morning has basically given up and idk
I did the quick ISO skim because I thought Pink Ball could be scum (silly, I know).
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Noraa »

uhmmmmmmmm u misinterpreted it. Thought S_S said there was resistance to Mornings lim and yeah fun times.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Noraa »

*i
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

got activity issues, my posting frequency will probably fall down drastically, sorry about that
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4475, midwaybear wrote:I voted you because I thought MT had some townie interactions with Kanna while yours were more NAI.
Hmm. Were you aware that my sheep vote on SB was somewhat out of character for me?

I think, if I had been scum, it would have been pretty difficult to convince myself that town-me would be pushing SB the way I did. Do you not think that my push was too active to be a bus? iirc I was one of the strongest pushers of SB aside from PB.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:03 am

In post 4476, Noraa wrote:uhmmmmmmmm u misinterpreted it. Thought S_S said there was resistance to Mornings lim and yeah fun times.
No worries. Talking about supporting/liking X can be unclear as to whether you mean liking the person or liking the person's wagon.

Now that you understand what I was trying to say, do my explanations make more sense?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Noraa »

I mean yeah cuz you sounded like a madman when I thought you were saying you were gonna die today. The other way around sounds less like you're cray cray
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:34 am

Post by MariaR »

Super night

be back tomorrow not that it rly matters
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 8, midwaybear wrote:BTW, the inventory mechanic has me suspecting that there is the possibility of power role distribution. I don't really have a mech plan for this, and I don't even know if my speculation is correct.
VOTE: Pink Ball
Long time no see and apparently for good reason :)
In post 9, midwaybear wrote:
In post 7, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I hope we can all handle this little disagreement peacefully. Anyone want a peach?
Hmm, I want to townread you for saying this.
In case I die, this is the core of my MWB townread. I realized that I'd never actually put it into the thread, and there's no reason to keep the card close to my chest since we figured out that errybody a FV. This comes across very strongly as "MWB doesn't realize there's a fuckton of FV's" in a way that I don't think scum thinks to fake, and there were a bunch of FV softs early D1 that led me to the conclusion that scum would definitely know there were multiple FV's.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:17 am

Midwaybear, why did you make ?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Jingle »

Jingle - Empress
Gypyx - Crestheaven
noraa - Springprince
Zaiden - Hearken
Something_Smart - Rio Grande
Morning Tweet - Dixie Red
Cheetory6 - Belle of Georgia
SirCakez
Jake The Wolfie
Gamma Emerald
midwaybear
PookyTheMagicalBear
MariaR
MURDERCAT

There is a reason I want all of these claims. If you have not yet claimed your peach flavor, please do so or explain why you don't want to do so.
In post 4037, midwaybear wrote:Also, I DID receive a peach with the same flavor as my own. I was sorta alluding to this earlier in the day, so that is a thing.
Hrmm. Was this resolved?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Jingle »

Also, if anyone received a Dixie Red or Rio Grande on D1, please speak up.
This is a Parachute.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 4484, Something_Smart wrote:Midwaybear, why did you make ?
Because I thought scum wouldn’t soft fruit vendor so early on. Now, I think it is possible.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 4483, Jingle wrote:his comes across very strongly as "MWB doesn't realize there's a fuckton of FV's" in a way that I don't think scum thinks to fake, and there were a bunch of FV softs early D1 that led me to the conclusion that scum would definitely know there were multiple FV's
I don’t really understand this reasoning. You’re saying that scum would conclude that there were multiple FV by the middle of the day while I made that post very early. Also, scum probably are all fv or something, so they would probably know that everyone is fv instantly
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 4479, Something_Smart wrote:Do you not think that my push was too active to be a bus? iirc I was one of the strongest pushers of SB aside from PB.
I mean that’s what makes it a strong bus. I don’t see why I should be townreading you for doing so.
WRT to you thinking town you wouldn’t be pushing so hard
Well... isn’t that what you’re claiming to have done as town :wink:
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I will take a look at more interactions tomorrow.
Did no one see what I wrote about Jake? Why do people only read what I put in spoilers when I am town :lol:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I send out Angelus Peaches.

I have not received any peaches yet :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

Hi everyone I hope to be back with iso reads tomorrow, sorry for delay
alt of MURDERCAT
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4488, midwaybear wrote:
In post 4483, Jingle wrote:his comes across very strongly as "MWB doesn't realize there's a fuckton of FV's" in a way that I don't think scum thinks to fake, and there were a bunch of FV softs early D1 that led me to the conclusion that scum would definitely know there were multiple FV's
I don’t really understand this reasoning. You’re saying that scum would conclude that there were multiple FV by the middle of the day while I made that post very early. Also, scum probably are all fv or something, so they would probably know that everyone is fv instantly
I, using only thread information, concluded that there were at least 6 FV's by around page 8, I think, and likely more than that.

Using this knowledge, I determined it would be likely that scum would have multiple FV, or at least a hint that there were multiple FVs.

Your posts came across as not knowing there were a bunch of fruit vendors, which reads genuinely uninformed to me. That led me to a conditional townread that would be reevaluated when/if I worked out the density of FVs in the setup. When it became clear that the thread was full of them, the townread solidified further.

At the time, I didn't want to out the reaction in case there was a finite amount of fruit vendors and it would reduce the impact of actual PRs, but given that's not a risk there's no reason for me not to share my reasoning.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4490, midwaybear wrote:Did no one see what I wrote about Jake? Why do people only read what I put in spoilers when I am town
I read it. I'm not particularly worried about sorting Jake atm so much as I am about solving my paranoia about being wrong on S_S and MT and dealing with the peaches.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

@MWB:
This is a Parachute.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, my peach flavor was changed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:14 pm

In post 4487, midwaybear wrote:Because I thought scum wouldn’t soft fruit vendor so early on.
So, you thought that it was possible that he was scum fruit vendor, but if he was, he wouldn't soft it? Why not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:21 pm

In post 4489, midwaybear wrote:I mean that’s what makes it a strong bus. I don’t see why I should be townreading you for doing so.
Well, do you not think I would be trepidatious about doing it as scum? I think I would, for two reasons. One, because it's very easy to TMI, or go a little too hard, or to say something that isn't totally real that could potentially be noticed. And since I don't push often, it wouldn't be easy for me to do it in a natural-sounding way. And two, because there was definitely momentum away from SB for a bit after she claimed, and it wasn't totally clear that her wagon would go through. She was a PR, and I am not a strong scum player (and if scum, am presumably not a PR since I would have been the one to perform the kill), so I might not judge that it was worth risking her life just to prolong mine anyway, when my scumgame is known to fall apart eventually and thus I make a terrible deepwolf.
WRT to you thinking town you wouldn’t be pushing so hard
Well... isn’t that what you’re claiming to have done as town :wink:
Yeah, but I'm also claiming that it's very uncharacteristic for me. And thus it's something that I wouldn't know how I would go about it as town, or even if I would go about it at all (how can I read a case on someone I already know is scum and know whether town-me would pick holes in it or be convinced by it? Very likely, I would just assume that town-me would pick holes in it, because that's almost always what I do).
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I thought that scum wouldn’t soft their role, but I think they could.
I’m still reading murder as town from interactions though.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”