Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Now for something completely different. I tend to have an issue where I'll watch partway through something and then not finish just through apathy or whatever. Well, this song I can credit with getting me to rectify one instance of this, as it reminded me I had an AW:DS Let's Play I had stopped watching like 3/4s of the way through (for the main game specifically). So going forward I'm going to attempt to use similar triggers whenever I want to finish something that's not slipped my mind entirely but I want to finish up.

Votecount 1.6Uncrowned (6): Marky Mark, Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller
Marky Mark (4): Porkens, Grendel, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Turin Turambar
Jesse Pierce (1): Jake the Wolfie
Flea The Magician (1): Fidget
Jake the Wolfie (1): Mistyx
cassowary (1): Uncrowned

Not voting: Jesse Pierce, chkflip, cassowary

Within 14 alive it takes 8 votes to yeet someone into the void.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.

Jesse Pierce replaces the worst.

Prodding Turin Turambar.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Welcome Jesse :)

@cass - who do you see as being scum here, if not uncrowned?
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by cassowary »

Ugh, sorry, been kind of busy irl today. I'm going to have to give the earlier part of the thread a reread.
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:23 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 298, cassowary wrote:This is fair. I was legitimately concerned though bc the last game I played on MS we had a couple days end extremely early due to quickhammer which scum claimed was miscounting votes and just a straight up troll-hammer from a townie, so I thought I'd quickly post that as I noticed it so as not to let people go 'oh, I didn't realize we were at L-1' or whatever as an excuse for quickhammering a townie.
This is reasonable.

As for the meta thing yeah I forgot I said that to you. Fair.

The lack of activity in this game is kind of increasing my feelings of town!mark to an extent because I think if there was scum involved in this there'd be more activity in general trying to shift the wagon.

It's either that or there's a whole lot of people who are busy atm. I'm more willing to bank on the former

gonna reread the earlier pages when i can to get an idea of where to push next

UNVOTE:
Jesse Pierce
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Jesse Pierce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Jesse Pierce »

Yo I'll catch up during my break.
Haven't been on site in years.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Porkens »

Prodge busy will do the things soonerish
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Marky Mark »

So far, this has probably been the slowest non-newbie game I've played in, despite being a large normal :O
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I'm still SRing uncrowned here, although some of his most recent posts have reduced the strength of that SR. That said, we have at least discussed our positions on each other at length, so let's mix this up and try to sort some other slots

Not known

I've asked you a question in - please respond. On the face of it your post seems to be finding me AND uncrowned scummy, which seems contrary to most other players' reaction to our 1v1

I would vote for Jake if I thought it would make him post more content/analysis, but I don't reckon he cares enough. I'm also upgrading my
Cheeky
FOS on Vax to
Very Cheeky
- I've asked them a question, and would love an answer :)

I totally get people being busy etc etc, but surely between the 14 of us we can get some discussion going and make it harder for lurkerscum to hide :P
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Whoops, mustve used bold tags rather than vote tags, let me fix that

VOTE: Not Known
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 307, Marky Mark wrote:I'm still SRing uncrowned here, although some of his most recent posts have reduced the strength of that SR. That said, we have at least discussed our positions on each other at length, so let's mix this up and try to sort some other slots

Not known

I've asked you a question in - please respond. On the face of it your post seems to be finding me AND uncrowned scummy, which seems contrary to most other players' reaction to our 1v1

I would vote for Jake if I thought it would make him post more content/analysis, but I don't reckon he cares enough. I'm also upgrading my
Cheeky
FOS on Vax to
Very Cheeky
- I've asked them a question, and would love an answer :)

I totally get people being busy etc etc, but surely between the 14 of us we can get some discussion going and make it harder for lurkerscum to hide :P
I found you and uncrowned scummy, yes.
That doesn't mean that you are both scum; I have not been able to give this thread the attention it deserves. Which is about to change... now.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 292, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 273, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 236, Marky Mark wrote:Still keen to hear back from both Vax and Not Known on the questions I asked them btw
?
In post 214, Marky Mark wrote:Not the first time you've voted me with minimal explanation Vax (unless your reason is that you think I'm wrong about uncrowned, which you have alluded to).

Why vote Porkens earlier in ? I'm not sure you explained that one either
Gut. Wagonomics. No reason. You choose. We are also like 10 pages in. Were you this chatty in bears?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@Not known Thanks for the response. What are your thoughts on the associatives between our (mine and uncrowned) slots?

Looking forward to hearing your wider thoughts on the game too, once you've caught up :)
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 310, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 292, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 273, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 236, Marky Mark wrote:Still keen to hear back from both Vax and Not Known on the questions I asked them btw
?
In post 214, Marky Mark wrote:Not the first time you've voted me with minimal explanation Vax (unless your reason is that you think I'm wrong about uncrowned, which you have alluded to).

Why vote Porkens earlier in ? I'm not sure you explained that one either
Gut. Wagonomics. No reason. You choose. We are also like 10 pages in. Were you this chatty in bears?
I was probs similarly chatty in bears, but it would've been less obvious as the rest of the plist liked generating 10+ pages per irl day.

You clearly had a reason for voting porkens (even if it was thin, seeing as it was early D1), so please just answer the question
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

sigh, let me go back and look.

Games played.
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Mistyx »

i could potentially vote porkens here but i'm more interested in seeing if a jake wagon goes through for the time being
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I mean if I vote Jake here it would be 100% for pressure to encourage him to engage with the game, but based on his , I'm not massively confident in that.

If you'd provided some justification/logic at the time vax, or answered the initial question, you wouldnt have to go back and check ;)
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

1st time i vote for porkens was just to start a wagon.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

The 2nd time was because they thought someone's "lol" looked insincere and thought it was scummy.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Ok, that makes sense. Cheers for the explanation, lol. Thoughts on the game atm?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

A little lost. Also my mood is kinda meh ATM. Hoping to be more present tomrrow.

Games played.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Mistyx:Null. Saw nothing out of the ordinary, except
In post 174, Mistyx wrote:i think fidget and cassowary are town

my issue with uncrowned's follow up posts is that they're focused on his own slot instead of trying to sort any others

so i think it's fair to keep pressuring him until that changes
Why do you think that fidget and cassowary are town? These reads seem to come out of nowhere.

Marky: I see more defense than attack. And their 1v1 vs Uncrowned is so
soft
that I could see it both as "Can we please stop bussing each other" and "Let me pocket you instead".

Uncrowned: Lots of defense, and pushing Mark. A bit more but:
In post 211, Vaxkiller wrote:Mark is >rand scum atm but there's decent chance he's just clueless town
Yes, this could be a SvS thrown in early.

Cassowary: Not so much content, but their defense of Marky is something likely coming from a scum partner - evasive defense - so if Mark flips red that one becomes top priority.

Flea: Null. I see nothing AI.

Jake: Fluff, openly doesnt want to play??? Null, but potential policy elimination.

Porkens: Lone tunneling/defending, not much activity. Needs to get time in the spotlight. Slightly scummy.

Fidget: Might be town, but it is just a feeling, can't see anything really AI.

Chkflip: Null. Not enough content.

Turin, the worst: We need more activity from these slots.

Vax:Stopped Zeus-ing in the thread after mildly negative reactions. No good pushes. Could be scum.

Grendel:Probably town. They seem to be the only one who is just doing a good push whilst also pushing elsewhere with good, game advancing questions.

I'm at Marky/Uncrowned/cassowary.

VOTE: Marky
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 211, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 208, Uncrowned wrote:I like Porkens and NotKnown

Mark is >rand scum atm but there's decent chance he's just clueless town
I dont think uncrowned!scum makes this comment
For the full comment.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I stopped Zuesing due to mood, and I didnt want to "over do it" it will come back, when Zues decides it.

Games played.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@Not Known I mean you were already voting me lol.

I think your justification of your SR on me is off - if people eg uncrowned are making arguments against me that dont logically follow, then part of sorting those slots is refuting the arguments to see how they handle that. I would also question how 1v1ing someone over several pages is "so soft".

Like, other parts of your reads feel decent and I can see how some of the associatives might make sense fypov so townpoints where its due for that. Your thought process in your continued vote on me just feels a bit lazy though :S
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 202, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 164, Uncrowned wrote:There are plenty of better ways I could've entered this thread that wouldn't have made me the talking point/vote for multiple people.
I didn't give this tons of thought earlier, but the self-justification is
mildly
++SR. It's pretty easy to string an argument together along the lines of "scum!me would have done XYZ instead"
In post 210, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 208, Uncrowned wrote:Mark is >rand scum atm but there's decent chance he's just clueless town
No need to be rude dude :)

If you're actually town here, work with me to help me see why my reasons for suspecting you (which I have clearly laid out) are mistaken.
You are doing this to an extent, and I appreciate this.

Flailing at me and trying to misrep me by saying that I haven't explained my reasons for SRing you is not making me think that you're town here.
In post 227, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 223, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 217, chkflip wrote:VOTE: Uncrowned

I will bah bah eh-like a sheep.
Hey guys, look. Someone sheeping a wagon.

Clear scum. Let's elim them.
I mean yeah, I agree naked votes are never great as its hard to get a feel for the slot's thought process behind the vote

BUT.... I think you are being slightly disingenuous here. There's a big difference between
1.) An active player updating their vote after the person they were voting is replaced

and

2.) You entering the game reasonably far through with a naked vote and no other commentary/analysis
In post 235, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 229, Uncrowned wrote:Have you read Chkflp's ISO at all or are you just talking out of your ass?

They are the exact same thing and if you're SRing me, you are 1000% SRing them too.
Mate, you need to calm down. There's no need to talk to me like that :S

Entering the game with a naked vote and nothing else is clearly different to having a bunch of posts (true, a lot of fluff, but also some content) and then updating a vote with a naked vote. It's still not a great look for chkflip, but it is not the same context at all as your opening post.
In post 231, Uncrowned wrote:How is my first vote the act of a scum who would care about looking town, exactly?

I'm not seeing your thought process here at all.
You dropped your vote, you got more heat than you imagined you would for it, you then wrote a massive second post trying to justify your first one and then carry on in later posts trying to rationalise how town!you would never have made that first post. That feels to me like someone who actually cares a lot about looking town.
In post 232, Uncrowned wrote:Your points are literally contradicting each other now.

There is no case on me. The wagon is crap and the PoE should be the people on it.
As above, I don't see any particular contradiction between your first post trying to lay low and avoid saying too much and then subsequently trying hard to rationalise it away when it drew heat.
I could be mistaken ofc,
but your behaviours so far feel more likely to come from a place of scum than town.
In post 241, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 237, Uncrowned wrote:How much do you actually believe this?
Don't shade me
please
. Given that you went from a first post with a naked vote to a short essay for your second post, actually yeah I do think this. I've seen players drop naked votes for first votes before (obvs), but they also tend to be the type to stay on the fringes of the game, not then subequently go to such lengths to defend/rationalise their actions
But I'm not ignoring the initial evidence - I've explained why it is scum indicative, especially when contrasted to your subsequent play.
In post 247, Uncrowned wrote:I wouldn't say I'm worried about how I'm coming off at all. I'm just playing.

Do you really think I'm hitting panic mode after I get a couple votes on me in the early game when in general, as I said about your wagon, these early game wagons usually don't amount to elims? If this was a newbie and I was playing in my first ever scum-game, sure that could be plausible. Here, though? It doesn't make much sense.
As I've kinda already said, I dont see either my wagon or yours leading to an immediate elim, but yeah the volume of reaction from you in contrast to the initial post does strike me as panicing somewhat. You're clearly not newbscum here, but I could see scum in general in your situation being concerned in a general sense about getting too much heat.
In post 248, Uncrowned wrote:Also, being self-aware doesn't necessarily mean you care about how you're perceived. It just means you know or have a sense of how you're going to be perceived for making certain plays/posts.
Valid point :)[/quote]
In post 295, Marky Mark wrote:@Uncrowned, all this being said, I don't see why scum!you would let me off the hook somewhat with , so have some townpoints for that
[/quote]
Generally, these posts just give a feeling that Marky doesn't really want to scumread uncrowned, or be in an 1v1 with them... points to scum deliberately 1v1-ing each other.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”