TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Bell »

Oka, do you like being scum or town more? I can't remember if I asked you that before.
Same question to Ythan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 2320, Ythan wrote:
In post 2317, OkaPoka wrote:all im saying is ythan resembles from my admittely limited experience, how some d1 scum players like to play
Oh is that what you're saying now
Hey chicken you gonna address how you just pulled this out of your ass?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 2325, Bell wrote:Same question to Ythan.
Scum unless I get a really fun role.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

lolsolve rn is something like {Titus, dunnstral, Cephrir, AGar} don't @ me
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

- I was TR'ing Lady Lamb up until this point, but she's lost me here. I could buy her conviction on pushing my slot, and later the Xtoxm slot, but this all or nothing push against Mastina feels more like scum frustration at being continually scumread. I don't see a compelling reason to suddenly flip her Mastina read in such a dramatic fashion.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Bell »

LLD hates being scum read tho
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:29 pm

In post 2328, innocentvillager wrote:lolsolve rn is something like {Titus, dunnstral, Cephrir, AGar} don't @ me
someone let me know if they wanna towncase any of these 4

ive briefly talked about Titus

i get heebie jeebies from AGar's ISO this game (to be fair i don't think I've ever townread this slot and I've only played with with him twice and he was town both times? but idk, I explicitly feel a little worse about him this time than the previous times?)

I know Gypyx townleans Dunnstral but like... idk im getting a survivalistic postury vibe from him

Cephrir is superficially different but is anything outside his scumrange here? mehhh
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:30 pm

don't ask why im trying to solve the game on D1 in a Large Normal, im going a little crazy rn after organizing my readslists a little more.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2330, Bell wrote:LLD hates being scum read tho
I don't understand how she flips her townread on Mastina to a hard scumread based on the reasoning in . It seems to me like they're arguing over semantics?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

@IV why are you trying to solve the game on D1 in a large normal
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: DGB
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2333, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2330, Bell wrote:LLD hates being scum read tho
I don't understand how she flips her townread on Mastina to a hard scumread based on the reasoning in . It seems to me like they're arguing over semantics?
I don't truly understand LLD's process even though I've played quite a few games with her at this point.
What I see is someone who is denying that she is scum reading or dead sure on 3 players as scum, accusing Mastina of conflating all 3 players into a scum list of hers.
I'm not sure if she's intentionally overemphasizing how significant this is. Given misrepresentation isn't terribly uncommon from either alignment. People have been talking about p e r f o r m a n c e this game and I'm in the everybody performs camp.
LLD says they have 4 modes/personas/approaches and that this is one of them. I actually do see similarities between her push on noraa in a game on death curse and this one though the reasons are different, the approach is the same.

I'm merely pointing out that i LLD does not like being scum read and that her reaction might be explained in part by demanding a space or environment she's comfortable with.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:55 pm

townleaning bell now

bell what do you think of the 4 slots i mentioned?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Bell »

TL on Titus who seems to be progressing in their reads. She seems to be changing styles a lot lately. Null everybody else in that list.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2305, Bell wrote:Lilith thinks Dunnstrall is town because they think he plays with an aggressive deepwolf agenda as scum. While here he's not showing much of an agenda. Is that accurate Dunn? I wouldn't know.
Why are you asking me?

My answer is 'maybe' anyway. I don't always play for myself to be the one to survive
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2197, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2171, AGar wrote:
In post 2151, Dunnstral wrote:Agar, I'm not seeing what you're seeing in hopkirk
I don't feel it's all that opaque but I'll properly case it out.
It's more that I don't agree with what you've been quoting so far

For what it's worth I have hopkirk at around null.
I'm not sure how you're disagreeing with the recent stuff, it seems fairly cut and dry.

My strong suspicion of Hopkirk is based primarily on two prongs:

1) I think that throwing the "[teammate] was offended by the slander of RC and I'm gonna bring that back up a couple dozen pages later" bomb out there was a specific attempt to derail a strong player who basically BoP'd herself into a tunnel of vitriol and lost focus. Whether it took hold to me is irrelevant - the entire thing was unnecessary and again, I go out of my way to assume players aren't [redacted name] when it comes to "are they scum or are they incredibly incompetent as town?" scenarios. Also incredibly amusing when squared with this post. Makes you think.

2) Hopkirk has on more than one occasion posited something, and then when called on it, backtracked to say he didn't actually mean it
that way
and tried to chalk it up to he just used a word loosely. Throwing Hercule in as a counterwagon to LLD was maybe the easiest example to catch him on and also the one in which he probably thought he could get away easiest. There was a wagon on Hercule, and he legitimately tried to get away with saying he didn't mean counterwagon when he said counterwagon. Sorry, not buying that bullshit.

Lesser notes:

He tried to recycle the point about "appealing to the crowd" against me (by appealing to a crowd, lol), even though it was brought up in reference to folks trying to appeal to a crowd that they were town/how are people buying it, and any appeals I've made have been to convince people to
look at a scumbag
, which - last I checked - was half the battle as town. I dunno, find it pretty scummy that part of the defense would be "Hey he's trying to get other people to weigh in!" because it tells me he has no actual basis to disprove/dispute my read, so he's resorting to trying to undercut me instead.

He's tried to spin everything around that I'm coming at him with as "oh you're just personally attacking me, you're being mean!" when I'm explicitly calling this out as scummy behavior. Again - his best defense has been "oh I didn't mean
counterwagon
when I called Hercule a
counterwagon
". Sometimes when scum tells you they're scum, you should believe them.

I've highlighted problems with , , and and the gratuitous stretch needed to get those mental gymnastics in place.

Ythan being inexplicably cagey with Dann in the early 2200s. And Oka.

This:
In post 2241, Luca Blight wrote:I read the first half of the game quite closely, but have skimmed most of it since then tbh.
does not square with
this:

In post 2273, Luca Blight wrote:It's going to take more than a skim-through to solidify my reads.
And definitely not with having three charmin townreads and no scumreads.

Hey
@IV
In post 2263, innocentvillager wrote:i doubt it's an intentional misrep from mastina even if she is scum and you feel she misrepped you?
Very weird defense of mastina here. Why?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Agar what I disagree with is that he is doing some of these things and that other things make him scum

For example, I don't think he's trying to start a toxic 1v1, that doesn't fit my mental picture of how he plays the game

1176 and 1187: I don't see how this is scummy rather than say, obtuse or wrong or what have you.

1173 is coming on strong and that sort of reaction might be notable in that they're more prone to getting into a kerfuffle if they're scum
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

AGar wrote:
This:
In post 2241, Luca Blight wrote:I read the first half of the game quite closely, but have skimmed most of it since then tbh.
does not square with
this:

In post 2273, Luca Blight wrote:It's going to take more than a skim-through to solidify my reads.
And definitely not with having three charmin townreads and no scumreads.
Actually, it does.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by AGar »

You read roughly 47 pages closely and you had those soft reads?

Lol
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Those were my only confident reads after about 43 pages or so, yes. I acquire reads better through ISO'ing, which is what I'm doing now.

I'm glad you find it amusing, anyway.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

By half way through the game your contribution was:

LLD can be Toiwn
I like IV's posting
Ceph's posting is looser
I kinds lika Xtoxm's hostility
Leaning towards Hercule

And that was you playing in real time, not catching up on 80+ pages, so pipe down.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Apparently I've been 'prodded' because I haven't posted for '48 hours' and our mod isn't the kind of guy who accompanied prods with threats of physical violence. I'm kind of relieved by that.

I'll post for about an hour or so tonight. I haven't caught up outside of reading this page. Can anyone explain a read of 'not scum' that they have an agar here? He seemed dodgy and the stuff he said about me here is bad
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2346, Hopkirk wrote:Apparently I've been 'prodded' because I haven't posted for '48 hours' and our mod isn't the kind of guy who accompanied prods with threats of physical violence. I'm kind of relieved by that.

I'll post for about an hour or so tonight. I haven't caught up outside of reading this page. Can anyone explain a read of 'not scum' that they have an agar here? He seemed dodgy and the stuff he said about me here is bad
Do you remember how he was towards Mastina in the last game? Seems similar to me.

I disagree that he's 'dodgy'.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

haven't looked into this too heavily but i also think that agar has been similar this game from the portions i remember
-Uncrowned Alt
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 2305, Bell wrote:A50 is moving in the opposite direction in read structure from last game. Probably a good sign.

Lilith thinks Dunnstrall is town because they think he plays with an aggressive deepwolf agenda as scum. While here he's not showing much of an agenda. Is that accurate Dunn? I wouldn't know.
Says they're hard scum reading IV but also, they always scum read IV.

I thought Oka was less of a firebrand here, naturally on the same page I say this they go all scorched earth on Ythan. S_S liked his vote on LLD as a reaction test. But like, meh. :yawn:

I can't read the auro through xtom filter, unless it's a 1 to 1 translation a lot is probably being lost. Is it against the rules to copy paste team discussion?
dogshit take
you cant read the 80% of my posts that arent auro either?
this is scum posting bullshit to fill out a lackluster reads post
you have one of the most active and supportive teams, and this is the sum total of their comments in 90 pages?
nah dude
you're scum
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”