Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Isis »

why can't i see emotes on MS
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1090, Bridgeburners wrote:I feel as if I have reiterated that point as a yes multiple times
Can you elaborate on this? I don't agree
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 206, implosion wrote:how would you respond if i lied and said i haven't drawn scum in six years
Camn vs Pine was a fun trainwreck to watch though...
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Shirou »

I don't think anyone is still hanging on that but I just want to reinforce that interpreting lack of information about the setup as town or scum indicative is just...no, don't do it.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

sigh of relief
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Isis »

there's only eight scum right
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 290, Bridgeburners wrote:I was only half joking when I said about the fumuki thing — like, if the thing just doesn’t make sense AND is pro-scum I think there’s a v good case for an elim there
if you're town I'm happy if I did convince someone of this even if only a little bit more

I'm not sure I do agree with your position on Isis yet though, or if you still maintain the position on Isis. In short I don't know what to make of Isis slot at the moment.

(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1103, Shirou wrote:
In post 206, implosion wrote:how would you respond if i lied and said i haven't drawn scum in six years
Camn vs Pine was a fun trainwreck to watch though...
yknow i fully forgot that game and i am genuinely a little bit proud that i was elli's 3rd most likely scum >_>

my brain probably stopped forming memories about it as soon as elli made that post.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by implosion »

also that doesn't count bc i didn't draw scum! i was handed scum! by choice! bad choice, but choice!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1107, Shirou wrote:
In post 290, Bridgeburners wrote:I was only half joking when I said about the fumuki thing — like, if the thing just doesn’t make sense AND is pro-scum I think there’s a v good case for an elim there
if you're town I'm happy if I did convince someone of this even if only a little bit more

I'm not sure I do agree with your position on Isis yet though, or if you still maintain the position on Isis. In short I don't know what to make of Isis slot at the moment.
We are masons now I PMed the mod
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Isis »

i also asked for schiavetto to be activated IC to simplify things
"Well, I..."
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1109, implosion wrote:also that doesn't count bc i didn't draw scum! i was handed scum! by choice! bad choice, but choice!
I've very little memory from specific plays from anyone, but I think, and only think, your posts there were kinda melancholic with an air of "I don't want to be here guys, end me". I guess this argument is fair since you said you didn't
roll
scum, but never said you didn't
play
scum.

What a shame implosion, I was almost able to lazy solve your slot based on this "slip", however for today you escaped.

One day though, we'll solve an entire game on slips. Mark my words.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1112, Shirou wrote:One day though, we'll solve an entire game on slips. Mark my words.
we'll also lose this game with an incorrect solve by the way, but if I say it too soon they are gonna say I jinxed it.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1110, Isis wrote:We are masons now I PMed the mod
Cakez was taking so long I thought I had misread our roles but I got the PM now thanks, maybe we should discuss who to add in D2
In post 1111, Isis wrote:i also asked for schiavetto to be activated IC to simplify things
I see, what an easy game this is looking to be huh

(Aka Volpe14)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Hmmmm
<(") | (")>
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 404, ben dover123 wrote:In case any of you didn't know, we are just 2 days into the game. Should be common knowledge already but even if I have turned into consensus scum all of a sudden now we still should save time for discussion before a hang.
It's not hard to see the motive of the wagon really

I did check very quickly the opening of ben other games just to make sure it wasn't a straight newbie scum tell (I posted this in my first scum game, and I believe it's common for newbie scum to talk about many of the things ben does), but hmm yeah, I'm not sure.

I don't like meta etc, but in this case I thought I could understand if it was strongly AI for Ben to have those takes which kinda screams newbie scum, but his opening in a newbie talking about how he doesn't like to RVS makes me think it can go either way.

tl;dr: dunno about newbie scum tells and we probably should try to look at his actions more than tone

(Aka Volpe14)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1116, Shirou wrote:we probably should try to look at his actions more than tone
Why?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 414, Bridgeburners wrote:Also, just a reminder: 8 days is the perfect length of day bar none and all games should be 8d/48h in format

-QB
No because the prodges would be 24h or 36h and my dream of becoming a lurker wouldn't be possible anymore.

(Aka Volpe14)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Did I hear 7day/36hour prods is perfect?

Carry on.
<(") | (")>
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1117, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1116, Shirou wrote:we probably should try to look at his actions more than tone
Why?
My impression from his newbie town game was that I would scum read him if I based myself on tone alone.

His opening both here and in that newbie just gives me the newbie scum vibes, but in that other game he was town.

however, I don't think that's a reason to town read him or anything

Repeating myself, it's not about the meta, it's about the fact that his tone just seems awkward as either alignment.

Let's say Ben here is indeed scum. If you caught him on tone, I would say you probably only incidentally caught him, because you would also likely get scum pings even if he had other alignment.

I don't think that town/scum ben tone is equal either, this isn't a meta argument

There's of course differences, but I can't say I understand at the moment.

Director Cut Version to me is that it's more productive to look at where Ben solving is going, which up to that point was going nowhere, a bad look, but the "vibes" of the post feels a bit harder to parse.

I don't know, in the end just do whatever works for you I suppose, I'm merely sharing my early opinion on Ben and how I approach the slot.

This is again not a meta argument, but a personality argument. People have a way of speaking, and if the way they speak itself rubs you the wrong way, it's hard to pinpoint what's the problem with the slot, rather than saying "it looks bad".

I don't even know why I'm writing all of this when my opinion on Ben slot up to page 17 is rather negative, but I don't mean to defend him and for the love of god don't associate me with him if he flips scum, this is just me sharing my humble thoughts on him.

(Aka Volpe14)
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1026, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 1021, AaronFrost wrote:I actually kind of felt the opposite about his reaction initally (assuming you're talking about the first wagon). I think I particularly liked 431 when he said he didn't want to call anyone on the wagon scum because he had no evidence of that being the case. I think if he were scum there would've been some attempt to push the vote elsewhere, maybe onto one of the wagon hoppers.
I am talking about that, yeah. Idk I just think it’s a really weird reaction to have as town to see yourself at 5 (and practically at 6, if scipio hadn’t jumped off (which, btw, I’m inclined to say is basically a scumclaim if Ben!scum)) votes and be like “huh yeah reserving judgement this could be all town) when I think the far more natural thing is to assume that scum is involved in your wagon somehow if it’s that large — not being sure where, fine. You don’t know if they started it or sheeped on. But to not have your mind going scum are taking advantage of me somehow is just... real weird, and I think missing the paranoia element that most people have as town. And I think that lack of paranoia about it is almost tmi? Like of course it’s harder to fake paranoia about your wagon if it is all town lol

-QB
Isis had kind of a similar reaction though yeah? Like when Isis was being wagoned I didn't really get the vibe that she was all that paranoid about it and she seemed pretty nonchalant. The way he said that he wasn't sure if scum were involved just felt really honest to me. I'd be interested to see how other people feel about this though.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1034, seCret hYdra wrote:the equation for the probability of these numbers, which... i'm actually too dumb to actually make holy fuck, anyways, common sense tells me that it's fairly high, way higher than the odds of 3/4/5/6/7! "I" so anyone being a tracker would cc
Even the chance of getting 2 "I" is pretty low (2.25%) so maybe you're right, but the fact that no one has cc'd yet makes me trust the claim a tiny bit more.

Although being honest, tracker is probably one of the safer fakeclaims for scum in this setup.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1042, Shirou wrote:2) My first thought in the few pages/ posts I did read was that regardless of his actual alignment, Ben would be wagoned, so it's a bit funny to me that he's the top wagon now that I'm replacing-in. For what it's worth, I don't think this fact is related to his alignment at all, it's just easy to see what the common suspects in a game are gonna be, regardless of their actual alignment.
Don't know if you're fully caught up yet, but you should probably know that ben dover is a claimed tracker
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1065, Isis wrote:I think AF and ben may be spewed unaligned
I'm assuming you mean that ben!scum = me!town or vice versa and not just that ben and I aren't scum/scum?

If so, can you elaborate on this?

Return to “Completed Open Games”