TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Bell »

@Xtom: Lilith said you were town earlier in our thread and I didn't mention it. also she told me to tell you to shove it. :P
At the time of making that post I was around page 40 and I don't believe you had made any significant contributions by that point. Nor did I say those were their only reads.

@Dunnstrall, quickest way to ask someone how they play as scum is to ask that person directly. okay. other than me, who do you want gone?

S_S and I both agree that Cephrir is scum.

VOTE: Cephrir

P.S. While I was writing this Lilith popped in to say they took their town read on xtom back. Too much shade on TW while they were looking for a replacement for a week. Early TR was due to effort but effort!=Town.
Also that Auro isn't in any games because theirs finished which makes sense given Lilith is similarly here talking to me about stuff with moe activity while the others seem relatively overwhelmed with their own games, also...Meh.
They're making a brianskies good faith bad faith argument, or a fairness argument which I don't care much about. I'm here mostly to play as me and I respect their opinions and all, but I don't care much about fairness.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Bell »

For cephrir yeah,
too many posts 'not giving a shit because I rolled town this game'
and I hate mastina posting posts.

It just feels like someone grasping at something to talk about and deciding to present themselves a certain way.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2576, Bell wrote:For cephrir yeah,
this seems distinctly like a personality read on cephrir
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I really don't like those two posts :/
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Bell »

Whenever anyone replaces in their posts will get brushed through with a fine-toothed comb and usually be read negatively unless they're super high effort.
It is not a personality read, if it were a personality read I would be complaining about how obnoxious those posts were, rather than saying I don't think as town Cephrir would be so focused on these two topics beyond a simple remark or two. I think saying you don't give a shit how you look is a pretty blatant lie in mafia.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Bell »

This isn't a complex take. I'm simply saying that Cephrir is posturing and I think his early posturing was distinctly scum in motivation.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I can do a sexier posture if you prefer
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Idk what to tell you I made one post that I was happy to be town and had to make several more because several people side eyed me about it. Sorry for being so obnoxious?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Bell »

I giggled.

Dw, my obnoxiousness tolerance is high. FWIW it's a good sign that you think I think you're obnoxious since town seem to take it more personally and tend to assign it as dislike when I was more talking the "heh, I don't give a shit, I'm town and town don't give a shit, right guys?" as more of a sticking point.

Well that and that I swear half the time someone is like yay I rolled town guys whew it's actually scum saying it. Except when it's me. Then I'm totally town that game >.>
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Bell »

I got nothing on Ythan.
They refuse to answer the questions I would usually ask to get a read on them and calling it spoon feeding.
At least the owl had reads and eventually gave in and spoon fed me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

maybe ythan just really, really wants someone to play guess who with

ythan, does the mafia have red hair?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Ythan »

You're certainly not going to find out making jokes.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: lld
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Why do i not see ythan votes you guys keep giving good reasons to vote ythan
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Sorry hop i dont want to answer ur questions do i have to

Bell we have 2 days left. Nobody wants to flip ceph.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2568, AGar wrote:
In post 2567, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not scumreading ythan

They're not much above null but still, I don't want to compromise there
Where
will
you compromise?

Like people keep saying they don't love this but then offer no other options and sit on their vanity wagons. Like fuck, I'd love to yeet Hopkirk into the sun but that's clearly not happening to day and we're less than 3 days until deadline. If you don't love the wagon, whatever, but offer somewhere to coalition.
In post 2569, Dannflor wrote:

Titus?
In post 2572, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2568, AGar wrote:

Where
will
you compromise?

Like people keep saying they don't love this but then offer no other options and sit on their vanity wagons. Like fuck, I'd love to yeet Hopkirk into the sun but that's clearly not happening to day and we're less than 3 days until deadline. If you don't love the wagon, whatever, but offer somewhere to coalition.
More incredible Agar posting.

Dunn, I'd like to know your answer to this question.

Cause you won't vote Mastina, Xtoxm, Ythan. And you aren't really pushing DGB that heavily.
No not Titus. She's fluctuating between null to scummy and null to towny

Give me a few hours, I'll come back to this and I'll list out what I'm thinking; who I won't vote for and why, and my read one veryone
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2589, OkaPoka wrote:Sorry hop i dont want to answer ur questions do i have to

Okay, why is Ythan scum? As either alignment they seem to have little feelings of obligation toward their team. I don't see anything.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

IV has become a TR of mine. His sorting of Ythan seemed genuine.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2591, Bell wrote:
In post 2589, OkaPoka wrote:Sorry hop i dont want to answer ur questions do i have to

Okay, why is Ythan scum? As either alignment they seem to have little feelings of obligation toward their team. I don't see anything.
I don't like how he waited until he was wagoned to start voting his biggest SR. I think as Town he would have been pushing it already, but as scum didn't want to rock the boat unnecessarily and felt comfy on the Lady Lamb wagon.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2516, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2512, AGar wrote:IV - in what world is evidence that runs counter to what you have asserted thus far not "things going wrong"?
hmm, at the time i interpreted "things going wrong" as very strong wording. it's also possible the way mastina framed it at the time in i felt like it was very strong (e.g. a big claim, flips, etc. is what come to mind for me); as a town player I will reassess and bounce around even if none of those happen.

And I believe town!Titus is that kind of player too from my limited experience with her. Her processes felt more substantiated in games I remember with her whereas here it does feel a bit more mechanical/blanket-assertiony without as much reasoning. I am honestly kind of at a loss for her confidence level on what's happening in this gamestate for the amount of content she's put out, especially coming from a player who tends in excel more in the lategame. If this is some sort of a style-change then maybe that would nullify this read of her a bit, idk. In a confirmation-biased way it almost feels like she's planning on parking her solve for now and setting up for her theory to be wrong, or justification to continue pushing her theory (which one would obviously depend on if the flip was consistent with her "theory" or not)

I get that mastina is not popular for some of you all this game but I think scum are going to double down on blanket-discrediting mastina and that's what I'm seeing from Titus and it's giving me a weird vibe

I'm also just not seeing the whole "mastina is spamming and manipulating the gamestate so she's scum!" thing at all that I believe Titus is proposing

I could be wrong on any of those fronts for sure but that's probably the crux of my gut-scumlean on her rn
Good post, I agree with most of this.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2518, AGar wrote:
In post 2516, innocentvillager wrote:I get that mastina is not popular for some of you all this game but I think scum are going to double down on blanket-discrediting mastina and that's what I'm seeing from Titus and it's giving me a weird vibe
I think you're putting too much faith into mastina and blindly following her off of a cliff.
In post 2357, AGar wrote:
Um... not what was said by even a mile?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm getting Townie vibes from Poka in
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:00 am

Post by mastina »

MOD: for the rest of this month, I will be heavily V/LA every Friday/Saturday until the end of the month. For this week specifically, I will be V/LA until Saturday.

I've got lifeguard training to go to. (Special coronavirus recert for those whose certs unavoidably expired during quarantine due to lack of ability to do recert classes.) I've been trying to make headway in the pre-course homework that's due on the first day of class, but I not only started it too late (a week later than I had planned), but also am progressing far slower than I intended (I made the reasonable, but wrong, decision to prioritize sleep over homework) and far slower than I anticipated (when I am tired, I do the homework much slower so it takes longer to complete which was why I thought prioritizing sleep would help, except...I'm still absurdly tired, just with less work done).

I'm aware of the bad timing, but it's somewhat unavoidable; this IS a hugely important rl thing for me and IS my priority. If I had my way I wouldn't be posting content tonight, but given deadline's proximity and that I'm nearing prod range I feel obligated to since I very much have zero desire to be replaced.
In post 2301, OkaPoka wrote: you didn't even get my team's full reads of last game until start of this game.
In my defense: I was a replacement at the very end of last game--and at the very end of last game, you WERE sharing your team's input fairly often. That being my experience, can you really blame me for thinking its absence here contrasts with last game? :P
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2576, Bell wrote:For cephrir yeah,

It just feels like someone grasping at something to talk about and deciding to present themselves a certain way.
I'm not really vibing with this.

I get what you're saying, but it feels like an insignificant thing to push an elim for at this stage. Ceph's posting has generally felt Townie to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2328, innocentvillager wrote:lolsolve rn is something like {Titus, dunnstral, Cephrir, AGar} don't @ me
I mean replace Dunn and Ceph with Oka and LLD and you get my D1 lolsolve. :P
In post 2348, Winter Flakes wrote:haven't looked into this too heavily but i also think that agar has been similar this game from the portions i remember
I thought so, too--I thought that the AGar of this game was similar to the AGar of last game. But just like plenty of others have thought similar of Ythan, "I thought Ythan was similar to last game where he was town but the more and more I see the less and less I think Ythan is town", and similar, I have those thoughts of AGar:

Yes, he did appear similar to me. But his posts feel like they are exaggerated in a way they were not last game. He feels different from last game in spite of the superficial similarities. His rage is there just the same with abrasiveness all the same, except this game it feels even stronger, even exaggerated. He feels more forced this game than last, and his takes feel weaker than they were last game.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”