Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 423, Dumb and Dumber wrote:tbf i kinda agree with u on cakez

but lilith is townie for her! (i think!)
(or at least her activity last night was)

so for now i feel good on the slot :)

i like gc votes!

fwiw i think if he's scum he's probably (?) not the bomb

shadowslug i think ur being really townie too

~ skitter
i'm p sure this was roughly around the last time i remember townreading her
lilith, you felt v weird in your thing with auro and that's where it kinda disippated, and i didn't get it back until like skimming yesterday/today upon seeing how much conviction you had with gamma, about how you approach me, how much emotion is bleeding into your posts, etc

i don't think i said i townread you in between really. and like i don't really remember this happening so maybe you guys can quote where you think i said that?

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

here is the second time you said you townread me, which is what I'm referring to (and this is after me vs. auro):
In post 647, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Lilith <3
I hope ur ok

(On a game note i probably disagree with auro and am leaning town on you)

~ skitter
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:15 pm

In post 1337, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1190, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:not only that, but in order to scumread me you have to believe that after skitter and auro backed off me, that I am willingly, repeatedly, poking and prodding and antagonizing them instead of just letting them townread me. how on earth do you think this is a strategy that scum!me takes with respect to a town!dumb and dumber. how????

either you're blind or you're scum.

- Daenerys
right, this + the conviction you have on this point is what ultimately changed my mind

~ skitter
if you don't think you said you townread me, then how can you agree with me that I was antagonizing you after you said you townread me?

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:16 pm

In post 1351, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:here is the second time you said you townread me, which is what I'm referring to (and this is after me vs. auro):
In post 647, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Lilith <3
I hope ur ok

(On a game note i probably disagree with auro and am leaning town on you)

~ skitter
honestly i dont' remember. i don't know and don't really ahve an answer, i'm sorry

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:18 pm

In post 1352, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1190, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:not only that, but in order to scumread me you have to believe that after skitter and auro backed off me, that I am willingly, repeatedly, poking and prodding and antagonizing them instead of just letting them townread me. how on earth do you think this is a strategy that scum!me takes with respect to a town!dumb and dumber. how????

- Daenerys
right, this + the conviction you have on this point is what ultimately changed my mind

~ skitter
if you don't think you said you townread me, then how can you agree with me that I was antagonizing you after you said you townread me?

- Daenerys
it was more of a generic 'i don't think you would be antagnozing us in general' vs 'i don't think you would be antaganozing us specifically after i townread you'
( i skimmed a lot in the past couple of days and kinda like got the gist but didn't necessasrily catch every word)

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:18 pm

to take a step back:

1) you're now saying that you don't think you expressed a townread on me. if you believe this is true, then how do you find my point valid if my point is dependent on a gamestate where I'm pushing you while you're townreading me?

2) if you do agree with my point, then the part where I was pushing your slot while you were townreading me would have already happened by the time you posted this:
In post 1131, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i would like to say i explicilty do not townread the other hydra and i feel like lilith ignored my overture trying to sort her slot

i really, really dislike gamma's approach to the MURDERCAT wagon, and am somewhat inclined to switch my vote there, but i won't cuz auro does not quite agree. although actually the more i read i'm not sure that he's scum; he feels kinda like misunderstood and pissed off town. also i hope you have a better day tom <3

i still feel like MURDERCAT is being grossly lurkish and underwhelming

~ skitter
so it seems like you didn't take that into consideration when you said you didn't townread me then, but now you are considering it. what changed?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:19 pm

In post 1354, Dumb and Dumber wrote:

- Daenerys

~ skitter

- Daenerys
it was more of a generic 'i don't think you would be antagnozing us in general' vs 'i don't think you would be antaganozing us specifically after i townread you'
( i skimmed a lot in the past couple of days and kinda like got the gist but didn't necessasrily catch every word)

~ skitter
again, I was already antagonizing you plenty before you said you didn't townread me, so what changed between then and now?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:20 pm

In post 1354, Dumb and Dumber wrote:

- Daenerys

~ skitter

- Daenerys

~ skitter
? it's stated in the original post you responded to

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:21 pm

i feel like i addressed point 1)
i don't super follow what you're trying to say with 2) but i'll try:

at post i was reiterating that i wasn't townreading you and that i thought the way you were approaching us was scummy
i later changed my mind upon seeing your interaction with gamma; that was kinda the key thing that changed my mind

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:22 pm

In post 1357, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:? it's stated in the original post you responded to
i know, i read very fast sometimes (esp. when skimming) and sometimes skip words (and sometimes important words)
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:23 pm

In post 1356, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:again, I was already antagonizing you plenty before you said you didn't townread me, so what changed between then and now?
it felt like you were trying to draw out the auro thing a bit when he was trying to disengage, adn that you were calling him scummy for trying to disengage, and that you didn't want to engage with my head

then the emotion in the gamma stuff outweighed that
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:26 pm

In post 1360, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1356, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:again, I was already antagonizing you plenty before you said you didn't townread me, so what changed between then and now?
it felt like you were trying to draw out the auro thing a bit when he was trying to disengage, adn that you were calling him scummy for trying to disengage, and that you didn't want to engage with my head
uh... yes, this is all true. is there a reason my explanations for why these things happened weren't satisfactory?
then the emotion in the gamma stuff outweighed that
so it's not about whether I'm pushing you after all?

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:27 pm

basically a lot of how we were reading you was around how you were engaging with us

we thought you'd try to avoid me and try to pick fights with auro as scum
but you're now picking a fight with me (which you werent' doing before, that's part of the difference), and loudly and actively not-townreading me. and i dont' think you take that route as scum.

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 pm

no it's kind alike both
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 pm

this was antagonizing *us*, not me. you're now antagonizing me. that's a large part of the difference
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 pm

In post 1361, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:uh... yes, this is all true. is there a reason my explanations for why these things happened weren't satisfactory?
cuz it looked like how you would approach us as scum
the fact that you *could* approach that way as town didn't negate the fact that it was also fairly likely to come from scum - you in this context
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1134, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:Can you link me a game where scum!lilith showed this level of proactiveness or emotion
i can't, no (i.e. i don't ahve an example)
but she's not quite feeling like town-lilith to me yet either and i'm currently trying to figure out what i make of that

~ skitter
can you explain this post?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:30 pm

In post 1366, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:Can you link me a game where scum!lilith showed this level of proactiveness or emotion
but she's not quite feeling like town-lilith to me yet either and i'm currently trying to figure out what i make of that

~ skitter

- Daenerys
really shouldn't use the same forum skin on both accounts
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

I see the logic that if I'm scum, I'm more likely to try to avoid engaging with you specifically. given our history, what made you think this was more likely to come from scum!me than town!me?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:33 pm

and I'd also like to bring up that you've been able to read me perfectly fine in the past with minimal engagement, and here I spent several days interacting with other people where you should have been able to observe my play. why does the possibility that this is how scum!me approaches your slot outweigh the rest of my play in this game?

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:34 pm

In post 1366, lilith2013 wrote:

~ skitter

- Daenerys
i hadn't felt like you'd broken out of the ceiling of your emotional scumrange at that point yet; that didn't happen until gamma + you now scumreading me

and i don't think that town-you is scared of engaging with me
i think that scum-you is a little bit and would actively avoid doing so if possible (sorry), and taht's what your game looked like until recently

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 pm

In post 1369, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:and I'd also like to bring up that you've been able to read me perfectly fine in the past with minimal engagement, and here I spent several days interacting with other people where you should have been able to observe my play. why does the possibility that this is how scum!me approaches your slot outweigh the rest of my play in this game?

- Daenerys
honestly i think the expediency of the read taht game was kinda a fluke. i think i can read you accurately with enough posts, but not off of like 3 posts on a regular basis.
a lot of it is trying to gauge your activity and engagement and how much energy you have and where you're spending it. most of what you were posting felt kinda flat, and somewhat through-the-motions-y to a certain extent. the auro/you thing also very much through me off

you kinda broke through what i imagine the ceiling of your scumrange to be, so now i townread you

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:37 pm

I don't disagree, I think everyone who knows me/you is on the same page about how I would deal with rolling scum (avoid as much as possible, kill as fast as possible)

what gave you the impression that I was scared of engaging with you?

what do you mean by "emotional scumrange"?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:38 pm

In post 1371, Dumb and Dumber wrote:a lot of it is trying to gauge your activity and engagement and how much energy you have and where you're spending it. most of what you were posting felt kinda flat, and somewhat through-the-motions-y to a certain extent. the auro/you thing also very much through me off
would also like some more explanation on this

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 pm

In post 1372, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don't disagree, I think everyone who knows me/you is on the same page about how I would deal with rolling scum (avoid as much as possible, kill as fast as possible)

what gave you the impression that I was scared of engaging with you?

what do you mean by "emotional scumrange"?

- Daenerys
sorry i'm not sure what you're asking by 'what gave you the impresion that i was scared of engaging with you' - we both agree that scum-you avoids town-me, right? i'm not really sure what sort of elaboration you're looking for here.

also for the 'emotional scumrange' bit: we've talked abt this - you're very flat as scum, you go through the motions, you ask incidental questions with no followthrough. there isn't really any emotional connection to the game really. you aren't invested, you aren't convicted, and you just don't *care* as much. you're done all three of the latter now, so i townread you. your early game kinda looked like the former, so i didn't then.

Return to “Completed Open Games”