Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 1373, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1371, Dumb and Dumber wrote:a lot of it is trying to gauge your activity and engagement and how much energy you have and where you're spending it. most of what you were posting felt kinda flat, and somewhat through-the-motions-y to a certain extent. the auro/you thing also very much through me off
would also like some more explanation on this

- Daenerys
what part?
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

like.. what posts seemed like I was going through the motions or were scum-indicative for me?

what made you think this was scum!me avoiding engaging with you and not town!me just not feeling like there was anything to engage?

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:also for the 'emotional scumrange' bit: we've talked abt this - you're very flat as scum, you go through the motions, you ask incidental questions with no followthrough. there isn't really any emotional connection to the game really. you aren't invested, you aren't convicted, and you just don't *care* as much. you're done all three of the latter now, so i townread you. your early game kinda looked like the former, so i didn't then.
But like the auro interaction, while you could've seen it as over the top, yes, it was a perfect example of lilith being emotionally engaged and I TRed her for it at the time so ??
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Spoiler:
In post 651, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I'm still not finding many strong reads here.
I want to say Lilith and I were very excited to roll town this game and we don't want to deal with the bs we always get, and this arguing is getting lilith pissed off already
So if other D&D hydra could do something else unless something relevant has changed I'd appreciate it

-dragons
In post 888, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:sorry I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted on this today.

@penguin are you currently townreading dumb&dumber? when/why did you start townreading skitter? is the read based on something other than how skitter is reading you?

@skitter similar question. when/why did you start townreading penguin? what changed from the early game that made you switch your read?

- Daenerys
In post 891, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Do you mind looking in his ISO and pointing to where that started?

On an unrelated note, I didn’t really like gamma’s reaction to me vs auro, repeatedly saying it was pointless and then not bothering to try to redirect or offer any game-related content. I don’t have much, if any, experience playing with him but I feel like he doesn’t really feel interested in solving.

- Daenerys
In post 892, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Re: murdercat pushing penguin, I think town!penguin is a deceivingly easy-looking push for scum to make. I’m not sold on town!penguin but I think it’s worth looking into who the top wagon was when murder tried to wagon penguin to see whether it could have been scum!murder trying to divert wagon away from a scumbuddy. Need to sleep so I’ll do that tomorrow after work hopefully.

@skitter what implications do you think the stalled gamestate has?

- Daenerys
In post 913, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 907, catboi wrote: MURDERCAT himself was the leading wagon.
oh lol. definitely some motivation there to try to create a different wagon then
They seem decent enough to me, leaning toward town.
can you explain why?
Penguin. It feels like the active lurking and filler posting is basically a playstyle thing for him and he hasn't really scumtold or towntold, he's just there. He could be scum but I don't think the stuff murdercat is pointing at says a lot either way and I have my own issues with murder's posting.
what issues do you have with murder?

- Daenerys

posts like these ^

and idk i feel like town-you usually engages with me? and the fact that you didn't was strange and notable? like i think by default you'd engage with me in some way?

and infinity the auro/lilith thing i was discounting because it was ate-y and largely driven by irl things, it seemed, didn't really seem like her alignemnt had much to do with it. like it was nai and she was having a bad day. coudlnt' read into that really

~ skitter
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1378, Dumb and Dumber wrote:and infinity the auro/lilith thing i was discounting because it was ate-y and largely driven by irl things, it seemed, didn't really seem like her alignemnt had much to do with it. like it was nai and she was having a bad day. coudlnt' read into that really
The way she pushed back an demanded answers from auro specifically showed a town mindset to me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:57 pm

at the time it felt scummy to me. i made a conscious effort to bump it up to nai recognizing that it was for irl reasons

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:09 pm

In post 1378, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 651, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I'm still not finding many strong reads here.
I want to say Lilith and I were very excited to roll town this game and we don't want to deal with the bs we always get, and this arguing is getting lilith pissed off already
So if other D&D hydra could do something else unless something relevant has changed I'd appreciate it

-dragons
In post 888, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:sorry I was not able to spend as much time as I wanted on this today.

@penguin are you currently townreading dumb&dumber? when/why did you start townreading skitter? is the read based on something other than how skitter is reading you?

@skitter similar question. when/why did you start townreading penguin? what changed from the early game that made you switch your read?

- Daenerys
In post 891, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Do you mind looking in his ISO and pointing to where that started?

On an unrelated note, I didn’t really like gamma’s reaction to me vs auro, repeatedly saying it was pointless and then not bothering to try to redirect or offer any game-related content. I don’t have much, if any, experience playing with him but I feel like he doesn’t really feel interested in solving.

- Daenerys
In post 892, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Re: murdercat pushing penguin, I think town!penguin is a deceivingly easy-looking push for scum to make. I’m not sold on town!penguin but I think it’s worth looking into who the top wagon was when murder tried to wagon penguin to see whether it could have been scum!murder trying to divert wagon away from a scumbuddy. Need to sleep so I’ll do that tomorrow after work hopefully.

@skitter what implications do you think the stalled gamestate has?

- Daenerys
In post 913, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 907, catboi wrote: MURDERCAT himself was the leading wagon.
oh lol. definitely some motivation there to try to create a different wagon then
They seem decent enough to me, leaning toward town.
can you explain why?
Penguin. It feels like the active lurking and filler posting is basically a playstyle thing for him and he hasn't really scumtold or towntold, he's just there. He could be scum but I don't think the stuff murdercat is pointing at says a lot either way and I have my own issues with murder's posting.
what issues do you have with murder?

- Daenerys

posts like these ^
what about these posts said "scum-indicative" to you?
and idk i feel like town-you usually engages with me? and the fact that you didn't was strange and notable? like i think by default you'd engage with me in some way?
but.. I did engage with you, I asked you and penguin about your reads on each other, which you've quoted in the posts you listed as scummy
and infinity the auro/lilith thing i was discounting because it was ate-y and largely driven by irl things, it seemed, didn't really seem like her alignemnt had much to do with it. like it was nai and she was having a bad day. coudlnt' read into that really

~ skitter
so when I do something towny, it can be explained away by my oog state but when I do something "scummy," it can't...?
In post 1380, Dumb and Dumber wrote:at the time it felt scummy to me. i made a conscious effort to bump it up to nai recognizing that it was for irl reasons

~ skitter
what was scummy about my reaction?
In post 647, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Lilith <3
I hope ur ok

(On a game note i probably disagree with auro and am leaning town on you)

~ skitter
again, you clearly said you were leaning town on me after me vs. auro, so you're going to have to explain how this post lines up with you now saying you were scumreading me for it the whole time.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:33 pm

In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:what about these posts said "scum-indicative" to you?
they felt to me like examples of you interacting with the game via incidental questions that felt kinda meh and like like you were forcing yourself to engage (this is basically my model of prototypical scum-lilith, and what you were doing in c9++)
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:but.. I did engage with you, I asked you and penguin about your reads on each other, which you've quoted in the posts you listed as scummy
you're kinda conflating different things i was saying about differnet parts of the game - at that point i felt like you were doing the vague incidental questions bit, at other points i felt like you were trying to interact with auro more than me, which was highlighted when you didn't respond to my posts trying to engage with you
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:so when I do something towny, it can be explained away by my oog state but when I do something "scummy," it can't...?
wut? i literally just said that it seemed scummy to me but i was actiavely not reading into it was probably for irl reasons. i feel like that whole episode should be considered nai.
i'm not sure how you came to this conclusion/accusation when i literally just said the exact opposite
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:what was scummy about my reaction?
we both felt like you were looking for reasons to scumread auro, and weren't trying to engage with him to sort him
and that you way overreacted and made a mountain out of a molehill

(auro really disliked that interaction and has actively been trying to avoid another such one, and i think that's where a lot of the 'weird auro' vibes are coming from)
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:gain, you clearly said you were leaning town on me after me vs. auro, so you're going to have to explain how this post lines up with you now saying you were scumreading me for it the whole time.
again, i legitimately don't remember what i was thinking at the time, so i can't. like i just don't know. i'm not trying to avoid the question, but i don't have an answer

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:56 pm

In post 1382, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:what about these posts said "scum-indicative" to you?
they felt to me like examples of you interacting with the game via incidental questions that felt kinda meh and like like you were forcing yourself to engage (this is basically my model of prototypical scum-lilith, and what you were doing in c9++)
I feel like I had plenty of content after this that you haven't mentioned.

yeah.. to some extent I was forcing myself to engage that day, because I was having a nice time taking a break from the site. Unless you are trying to argue that this has been present throughout all of my posts this game, I don't really see how this would have overridden my later content (which occurred after this but before you stated you were not townreading me). what were your thoughts on me interacting with gamma and infinity later on about murder?
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:so when I do something towny, it can be explained away by my oog state but when I do something "scummy," it can't...?
wut? i literally just said that it seemed scummy to me but i was actiavely not reading into it was probably for irl reasons. i feel like that whole episode should be considered nai.
i'm not sure how you came to this conclusion/accusation when i literally just said the exact opposite
you were responding to infinity saying it was towny, so I assumed you were agreeing that the emotion was towny. it's clear now that that's not what you meant.
In post 1381, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:what was scummy about my reaction?
we both felt like you were looking for reasons to scumread auro, and weren't trying to engage with him to sort him
and that you way overreacted and made a mountain out of a molehill

(auro really disliked that interaction and has actively been trying to avoid another such one, and i think that's where a lot of the 'weird auro' vibes are coming from)
me pushing him when he says weird and vague things to discredit me is... absolutely trying to sort him, and auro should probably know why that is/I assumed he already knew.
I admitted I overreacted on the emotional side of things and left the thread, but the specific things he said that I pushed him on are things I would have pushed him on regardless of my mental state. they're still things I think are scummy, and my questions were meant to get him to explain why he said the things he said. that's something I always do.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:58 pm

This is absolutely the reason I couldn't be bothered to engage with you, like we just go around and around in circles. I don't think this was very productive for me and it's kind of a waste of effort if I already know how this is how it's going to go. I don't feel like it's scummy for me to recognize that upfront and focus on the slot I think I will be able to read better. Again, I understand the logic that I would try to avoid you if I were scum, but I really don't feel like the rest of my play justifies the assumption that this isn't town!me feeling like engaging you won't be very fruitful.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 pm

i mean i also feel like this is going around in circles and isn't really going anywhere, but i felt like it was important to try to answer at least

i also feel like it's a little bit unfair to say, however, that you knew that this is how it was going to go and that's why you chose not to engage. i don't think this is the default way we usually engage really

to me this detail was possibly the most important part in trying to form a read on you. i recognize that you have a lot of other content, but that's the lens i was viewing the game through.

at this point i townread you so i'm not sure how much more we're gonna get out of this but :shrug:

like i'm trying to give you what you're looking for to ahve a read on me

~ skitter
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:09 pm

I don’t really feel like you have a leg to stand on in saying me ignoring you seemed scum-indicative. asking me “is there anything you want to talk about” and my not having a response is like.... it’s not like you were actively asking me questions about the game and about my reads and I was avoiding responding. I’d said multiple times that I just didn’t have anything that I wanted to ask you about, but that doesn’t mean that I was scummily avoiding you. I just... didn’t have anything that I wanted to ask you about. And you seemed to not be taking my words at face value, as if I must have an ulterior motive.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm

How I usually read people: they say things, I pick apart their logic and their arguments until I find something that doesn’t make sense to me.

this doesn’t work with you because I’ve seen you talk yourself out of these kinds of arguments. Therefore I don’t think it’s very useful for me to approach you the same way I do anyone else.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:12 pm

This entire conversation is just an example of that. I have no idea if I can trust what you’re saying or if it’s scum!you talking yourself out of it like I’ve seen you do before. I still have no worse or better of a read than I did at the beginning pretty much.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

When I played with scum!skitt in silent star 3, I had the same experience of her having good arguments, but there was a strong gut feeling she was scum there. I don't get the same feeling here, but she wasn't as engaged/motivated because she didn't enjoy the setup so I'm not sure what to think. Maybe a more motivated scum!skitt could watch how her posts come off better?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 1386, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don’t really feel like you have a leg to stand on in saying me ignoring you seemed scum-indicative. asking me “is there anything you want to talk about” and my not having a response is like.... it’s not like you were actively asking me questions about the game and about my reads and I was avoiding responding. I’d said multiple times that I just didn’t have anything that I wanted to ask you about, but that doesn’t mean that I was scummily avoiding you. I just... didn’t have anything that I wanted to ask you about. And you seemed to not be taking my words at face value, as if I must have an ulterior motive.
lilith
that's literally exactly how scum-you goes abt it tho. i can't just ignore the fact that you're interacting with my slot the way scum-you does like 95/100 times just because town-you might also.

you're also reducing several instances of you interacting with auro over me to 'well i just didn't respond that one time'; it was a pattern that had happened several times over several irl days, it wasn't jsut that one instance.

if this isn't gonna help u get a read on me, that's fine. we don't have to continue talking abt it
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:19 pm

In post 1389, Infinity 324 wrote:When I played with scum!skitt in silent star 3, I had the same experience of her having good arguments, but there was a strong gut feeling she was scum there. I don't get the same feeling here, but she wasn't as engaged/motivated because she didn't enjoy the setup so I'm not sure what to think. Maybe a more motivated scum!skitt could watch how her posts come off better?
tbf i'm also not feeling super engaged rn either
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:28 pm

I’m going back and rereading and I really didn’t feel like I was ignoring you at the time, I was interacting with auro more because he was just.. in the thread at the same time as me more often. And I just overall highly disagree with your perspective on this as being scummy.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:29 pm

can you point out specific instances where you felt like I was being scummy by choosing to interact with auro and ignoring you? otherwise I don’t really get where you’re coming from on this.

- Daenerys
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1342, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i think i have a decently strong poe, and i'm kinda happy to wagon anybody outside of it
what's your poe?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

btw i don't think the D&D hydra exchange, which is eating up of pages of energy, is helpful.

if y'all are trying to make a case on the other hydra, please get to it. otherwise can we please move on?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Fair point - while it may be stuff to look back on later it has become somewhat excessive if you aren’t going to push it.

May I recommend murderkitty?
<(") | (")>
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:50 pm

lilith - i see your post but i'm kinda running out of energy again, i'm sorry :/
i will also say that i agree with gamma that this probably isn't really super helpful tbh. i don't think either slot is getting flipped in the next 36 hours so maybe let's just put a pin in it and circle back if required tomorrow
if responding to that post is very important i'll do my best to do so before eod but otherwise let's maybe drop it for a bit

gc - MURDERKITTY, gamma
you/yyotta are my lower-tier townreads but i don't wnat to go there today
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1071, Gamma Emerald wrote:But the point is the fact I haven't been actively searching for scum is part of how I play these days, but atp I'm pissed off enough to switch to active mode.
sup, what happened with this?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1395, Green Crayons wrote:btw i don't think the D&D hydra exchange, which is eating up of pages of energy, is helpful.

if y'all are trying to make a case on the other hydra, please get to it. otherwise can we please move on?
This was exactly the post I was going to make, especially given the time constraints we are under.

I do not like murdercat's recent posting and am still okay with voting him.

Return to “Completed Open Games”