Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 247, Batsunami wrote:success to this sort of thing.
including the many times I've caught scum in under 20 pages due to a tell like this.
One who is a flurry of (´・ω・`)'s
and one who is a flurry of :OOOO's
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Fey »

@Nancy Drew: I believe that Batsunami is trying to interact with you in a way that makes you feel positively about them socially, but not in a way that provides meaningful content/logic.

Could you please ask them to interact/answer me? I think that if nothing else we should resolve this sooner rather than later.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Battsunami, how much of your current opinion is MT vs Noraa?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 248, Batsunami wrote:
In post 246, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 243, Batsunami wrote:
In post 236, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well we’ll see because not everyone has posted yet and I think it quite likely one of the lurkers is scum based on setup spec but I’ll have a much better idea once everyone has posted.
My grand discovery had something to do with stump choosing spec and my opinion on who momma bear would choose but I'm not that confident in it anymore for reasons that I might reveal later.
Why not compare notes with Nancy on the subject?
Not yet. Not until everyone has checked in.
Okay.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 252, Dunnstral wrote:Battsunami, how much of your current opinion is MT vs Noraa?
basically 100% Noraa. Morning signs her posts and also she's doing calc hw rn.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Fey »

Would anyone else like to chime in on the points that I'm making right now?

I feel like Batsunami ignoring me has had a spillover effect to other people not wanting to chime in... which is most likely what they want, for me to be tuned out.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 254, Batsunami wrote:
In post 252, Dunnstral wrote:Battsunami, how much of your current opinion is MT vs Noraa?
That's what I suspected. I'm pretty sure MT is going to tell you to reverse course or at least hold off when they show up.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 255, Fey wrote:Would anyone else like to chime in on the points that I'm making right now?

I feel like Batsunami ignoring me has had a spillover effect to other people not wanting to chime in... which is most likely what they want, for me to be tuned out.
You have good points

Batsunami is being weird

I just don't think that makes them scum

They are being annoying though
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 255, Fey wrote:Would anyone else like to chime in on the points that I'm making right now?

I think your methods are pretty good rn, and you’re a solid TR for that
Not much to actually contribute to the conversation though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Charlie and Snoopy
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Charlie and Snoopy »

In post 251, Fey wrote:@Nancy Drew: I believe that Batsunami is trying to interact with you in a way that makes you feel positively about them socially, but not in a way that provides meaningful content/logic.

Could you please ask them to interact/answer me? I think that if nothing else we should resolve this sooner rather than later.
does scum have motivation to dodge your questioning? why would she shit the bed over a simple question? isn't it more likely her read is somewhere in the realm of gut and is struggling to precisely atriculate it?

-ss
shadowslug and the beautiful goddess marcistar ;;;)
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 256, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 254, Batsunami wrote:
That's what I suspected. I'm pretty sure MT is going to tell you to reverse course or at least hold off when they show up.
Sure I can hold the brakes for now on my SR on you. I'm down to hear morning's opinion on you because I understand the many times I've played with you, I've been scum so I may be confident due to experience but I haven't had much opportunity to ever actually sort you so that experience is weaker.
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Pyro »

The contrast between being cute with other slots while simultaneously being annoyed enough to ignore you is strange. I don't think it's particularly alignment-indicative yet, but the pressure is good.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Dunn seems like town but this is mostly a “he says things I think make sense” read
<Embrace The Void>

Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Fey »

In post 257, Dunnstral wrote:

You have good points

Batsunami is being weird

I just find it very strange that they won't answer a point that is minute, and double down on it to this degree. It feels like it doesn't benefit anyone to refuse to answer something and then speak to the town stump, as that doesn't do anything for us... and to appeal to them in a certain way that makes you look cute and kind is worse.
Charlie and Snoopy
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Charlie and Snoopy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Charlie and Snoopy »

for what it's worth i think i understand where noraa is coming from

dunn's posting is the sort of posting that you don't really think twice about, it's just kinda there. nothing rly sticks out it, and i think the sorts of questioning he's been making can easily be faked as scum

i would still say he's null, but i can see why someone that prides themselves and relies on gut tells a lot might think dunn is maf here

-ss
shadowslug and the beautiful goddess marcistar ;;;)
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Fey »

In post 258, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think your methods are pretty good rn, and you’re a solid TR for that
Not much to actually contribute to the conversation though
That's okay, I just felt like what I was worrying about happening had already begun, so thank you for replying!
In post 259, Charlie and Snoopy wrote:
In post 251, Fey wrote:@Nancy Drew: I believe that Batsunami is trying to interact with you in a way that makes you feel positively about them socially, but not in a way that provides meaningful content/logic.

does scum have motivation to dodge your questioning? why would she shit the bed over a simple question? isn't it more likely her read is somewhere in the realm of gut and is struggling to precisely atriculate it?

-ss
I believe that it would have been easier for her to say that or at least make an effort in reply to me, rather than calling me annoying when I did not immediately stop questioning her about it. I believe, too, that there is scum motivation to not dodge something when I have already called them out once. It is easier to shut me off than it is to engage, and easy to drown out with other interactions if I am unwilling to keep calling her out on it.
In post 261, Pyro wrote:

The contrast between being cute with other slots while simultaneously being annoyed enough to ignore you is strange. I don't think it's particularly alignment-indicative yet, but the pressure is good.
That's what I'm saying! It feels super weird to me, I just don't understand...

Would anyone vote them with me right now?
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Batsunami »

Fey you need to learn to chill your ass out sometimes. Those flimsy questions you asked aren't hard at all for me to answer but you're annoying me so I'm going to ignore you and when someone ignores you, it' means they're annoyed and you chillax and try again later. You dont just repeat the question ten times and expect them to suddenly calm down and answer.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 3
  • ItalianoVD
    ---------- 3 ( (1), (1), (5)[/i] )
    War and Peace
    ------- 2 ( (11), (4) )
    Starcrossed
    --------- 2 ( (1), (1), (1) )
    Dunnstral
    ----------- 2 ( (31), (19) )
    Toogeloo
    ------------ 1 ( (1) )
    Batsunami
    ----------- 1 ( (32) )
    Saudade
    ------------- 0 ( No One )
    Sherlock and Watson
    - 0 ( No One )
    Gamma Emerald
    ------- 0 ( No One )
    Morty and Rick
    ------ 0 ( No One )
    SaraharaS
    ----------- 0 ( No One )
    Fey
    ----------------- 0 ( No One )
    Rogue Squadron
    ------ 0 ( No One )
    Clidd
    --------------- 0 ( No One )
    Battle Mage
    --------- 0 ( No One )
    Pyro
    ---------------- 0 ( No One )
    Charlie and Snoopy
    -- 0 ( No One )

Not Voting
    ---------- 7 ( Starcrossed(2), Morty and Rick(0), SaraharaS(0), Clidd(0), Toogeloo(6), Saudade(0), Nancy Drew 39(17) )
With 17 alive, it takes 9 to Flip
Deadline is in (expired on 2021-02-25 20:00:00)
GTKAS
| here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 263, Fey wrote:
In post 257, Dunnstral wrote:

You have good points

Batsunami is being weird

I just find it very strange that they won't answer a point that is minute, and double down on it to this degree. It feels like it doesn't benefit anyone to refuse to answer something and then speak to the town stump, as that doesn't do anything for us... and to appeal to them in a certain way that makes you look cute and kind is worse.
I think it is mainly personality, the ignoring you thing is overt and so doesn't feel like a scum strat

The trying to look 'cute' and suck up to other people like the town stump is the best argument here and might have merit
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Pyro »

I like shadowslug.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Fey »

In post 266, Batsunami wrote:Fey you need to learn to chill your ass out sometimes. Those flimsy questions you asked aren't hard at all for me to answer but you're annoying me so I'm going to ignore you and when someone ignores you, it' means they're annoyed and you chillax and try again later. You dont just repeat the question ten times and expect them to suddenly calm down and answer.
If you don't think they're hard to answer then why haven't you answered them yet? In this very post to prove me wrong about what I am saying.

I thought that you wanted to be unfiltered earlier, right? Isn't your anger/irritation being posted at me more unfiltered than bottling it up?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Did Noraa attempt to suck up in Pooky vs FL?
<Embrace The Void>

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I was honestly hoping you would eventually drop it without me needing to chime in. I understand your frustration, and admire your tenacity, but I strongly believe Batsunami has wholesome motives here. If nothing else, the value of a townblock is in co-operation. I'm not voting for Pyro, despite personally believing Pyro is very scummy, out of respect for your read. Can I ask that you respect my read on Batsunami and apply pressure elsewhere for now?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 264, Charlie and Snoopy wrote:dunn's posting is the sort of posting that you don't really think twice about, it's just kinda there. nothing rly sticks out it, and i think the sorts of questioning he's been making can easily be faked as scum
I think my posting is being analyzed to a degree that other people's posting isn't for no discernable reason

Also, I don't agree with the implication that I'm making 'nothing posts'
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 130, Pyro wrote:Ircher feels very tonally different from his townmeta. No crank, no snark, all politics.
No quote walls...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”