Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Menalque »

So u being very keen to take cred for the wagon today means that while it’s prob +town there’s lots of reasons if you lead on scum tomo for anyone alive with you in panic room to be v paranoid about it
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Menalque »

Idk this shouldn’t be taken too seriously until I’ve actually read up

But I do think it’s fair to just make the point that if u end up in lylo on like D4 and you’ve lead on 2 scum in fairly short succession I can v much see you as scum in that endgame
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Menalque »

I guess the most likely alternative is that my wagon is scum motivated and scum just don’t have/haven’t really had any play this game so even with trying to resist and refusing to bus they still couldn’t get gamma through

In which case probably just limming in (D&D, yyotta, GC) is winning
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Menalque »

Maybe with me first if the slot is that bad and DnD is obviously town
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

Incidentally, I hate very much that both hydras decided to go for the same acronym
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

I claim not our fault, plz see join date.

which D&D are you proposing to elim?

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

mena the eod wagons on both slots were very sluggish, and the gamma wagon came into being well, well, well after i started pushing MURDERKITTY

like i understand the logic the timeline doesn't add up (like you're using the fact that the eod cw was on yoru slot, so he must have been bussed, but i was voting him weeeeeellllllll before your wagon ever became a thing, so the timeline is backwards)

and i'm not trying to take cred for the scumflip per se, but you asked for an interaction taht makes me townie that p clearly is it ... like i don't think it's accurate to say that i'm 'very keen to take credit' for the wagon when i'm answering your question that prompted such a response

i also don't entirely get what the motivation would be for lolhardbussing MURDERKITTY there

~ skitteR
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:44 pm

I think that’s supposed to be me - in which case: I think I’m pretty far out of my scumrange, I was scumreading gamma for what felt like incredibly bad faith responses to me, infinity should also be in the elimpool given how skittish he was of murder wagon until the end, and I highly doubt that both other scum were on gamma at eod, especially given that... I know I’m town.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 pm

i think the simplest explanation for how eod1 happened is that both MURDERKITTY and gamma are scum. if gamma is town there's at least one scum in {other dnd, gc, and yyotta iirc}

~ skitteR
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 pm

coincidentally (or maybe not coincidentally) I only started pushing gamma after he tried to defend murder with weird defenses

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:46 pm

In post 1558, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i think the simplest explanation for how eod1 happened is that both MURDERKITTY and gamma are scum. if gamma is town there's at least one scum in {other dnd, gc, and yyotta iirc}

~ skitteR
inclined to agree except I think gamma town -> scum!gc fairly definitively. and obviously I’m town :(

- Daenerys
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay, well this is why I prob ought to like read the game properly first

I’m still not really agreeing with what you’re saying because like, the whole point of hardbussing is to get in early and strong?

And yea I asked for an interaction that made it really obvious. Like I will clearly have a better sense of this after reading but while ur obviously good enough to catch and lead on scum D1 ur also good enough to come up with a plan of just hardbussing to a win (bc I know u plan and that’s something I would seriously consider in any setup like this)

So I guess I don’t think it would be a lolhardbus in that case, but instead a p solid strategic bus? Esp if murderkitty was on board or w/e
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1558, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i think the simplest explanation for how eod1 happened is that both MURDERKITTY and gamma are scum. if gamma is town there's at least one scum in {other dnd, gc, and yyotta iirc}

~ skitteR
I mean I don’t hate this plan fwiw but I would rather just lim in that pool first
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1557, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I think that’s supposed to be me - in which case: I think I’m pretty far out of my scumrange, I was scumreading gamma for what felt like incredibly bad faith responses to me, infinity should also be in the elimpool given how skittish he was of murder wagon until the end, and I highly doubt that both other scum were on gamma at eod, especially given that... I know I’m town.

- Daenerys
Okay, then hopefully if ur far out of SR then I’ll be able to see that when I actually go and read! In which case it is probably just yotta and GC

Or if not then yeah, infinity or NM could be bussing, but if we do me first then whoever’s left is just gonna have to sort it out between you/infinity/NM

Unless there’s some way the bomb mechanic gives autowin before then which if there is basically guaranteed scum on me then I wonder if it’s auto to just induct all the early murderkitty voters into the panic room and then lim through the 6 of us consecutively

That prob doesn’t work tho
In post 1560, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:

~ skitteR
inclined to agree except I think gamma town -> scum!gc fairly definitively. and obviously I’m town :(

- Daenerys
I quoted the wrong thing but what was the weird defence stuff gamma was doing? Why was it weird?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:01 pm

In post 1560, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:

~ skitteR

- Daenerys
ig i just haven't thought super much abt which of the 3 it would be ... kinda want to start with pushing mena tbh

~ skitteR
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

I feel like I’m confbiasing because as of pg 3 the 2 entrances I like the least are GC and yotta, and I also think lili seemed towny in her entrance which makes me wanna TL skitt a bit more for mindmelding
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Menalque »

Do u feel v tunnelled on me skitt?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:04 pm

and mena ig i'm just not sure it would be worth it to lead a hardbus vs just, like, not there

pedit uh idk? i hope not. it's really a poe-based read coupled with gamestate and you happen to be in the hotseat

~ skitteR
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:05 pm

like i can unvote in good faith to let u get acclimated but your slot is my best bet rn

~ skitteR
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay that’s fine

Was asking mostly bc if I get to a point where I’m like happy happy with the idea of town!you then I was considering saying that if we just settle it as me being the guaranteed lim today would u spend the rest of the day trying to sort in my wagon from yesterday w/ me

If it’s not like a super túnel then I guess I’ll just do the catchup thing normally and hopefully u see I’m town

Or maybe I just never get really comfortable with town you in which case I guess the game becomes more tryhardy
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:07 pm

In post 802, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also can someone come up with a good reason for MCat being scum or is this just because he’s not a TR yet
I feel like most games MCat gets pressed early as town
In post 984, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: not_mafia
wynaut
In post 994, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 985, PenguinPower wrote:Because murdercat is a much better wagon and an nm wagon is the epitome of lazy voting.
what about murdercat
you guys are probably way off base on him, he very often gets wagoned early like this as town rather than as scum
how can I not see the votes on murdercat as just a little bit lazy
In post 1019, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1012, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Very conflicted. I think his posting isolated is very scummy but I also can buy his excuse that he was burned out by the BooneyToonz game and I did like his post where he cased Penguin. Would yeet in lack of other better wagons.
Here’s the thing: you ALSO saw what happened in Among Us. Tell me Murder’s play/reception differs from that game at all.
In post 1024, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you believe me about murdercat being a miselim why do you think I’m scum?
In post 1026, Gamma Emerald wrote:MURDERCAT [6, E-3] outworldER, Akarin, xRECKONERx, alisae, sircakez, battle mage (thegoldenparadox)
The only scum on this in that game, SirCakez, voted around the middle of what was need to lim
NM is in the same place if murdercat is a miselim this game
So like, how is my NM vote bad given that?
In post 1036, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t think murdercat’s play is substantially different from that game/any of his other town games, and the fact he’s getting early pressure to this degree tells me he’s town
In booneytoonz XV I recall there was a D1 wagon on him but it was rather short-lived
Meanwhile like, every other town game I’ve seen from him he’s been rather suspected. So imo the trend is “if murdercat gets sussed a lot early he is town”
In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:BTXV just finished
So saying Murdercat still has 1 scumgame is a critical logic failure bordering on misrepresentation
In post 1043, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1040, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:hey penguin wanna join the juicy gamma wagon?

- Daenerys
You know what, do it. I fucking DARE you.
In post 1044, Gamma Emerald wrote:No one is bothering to honestly engage with me here so I’ll just let my flip speak for itself
In post 1047, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ve tried to respond but I’m not getting any feeling that YOU actually care for what I’m saying.
In post 1049, Gamma Emerald wrote:And not to mention the fact you’re using a blatantly outdated point
In post 1054, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1050, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:No one is bothering to honestly engage with me here so I’ll just let my flip speak for itself
what a misrep. I asked you questions about the murder wagon.
In post 1038, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:If you think murder is town, then are people being actively opportunistic about wagoning him? What do you think about penguin convincing dumb&dumber to vote back on murder after auro voted NM for lolz?
and your response is to pretend that I’m not engaging with you?

- Daenerys
I kinda felt like I addressed that in another post
I don’t particularly feel like many scum are on murdercat, otherwise I wouldn’t be debating like this, I’d just lim the scum. But I feel like outside of Cakez and infinity, NM is the only one here who should have a decent idea of how murdercat is, but he just lazily voted murder
In post 1055, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1053, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1049, Gamma Emerald wrote:And not to mention the fact you’re using a blatantly outdated point
In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:BTXV just finished
In post 1049, Gamma Emerald wrote:blatantly outdated point
In post 1042, Gamma Emerald wrote:just finished
By how I was acting you should have been able to infer I was referring to a recently completed game.
I’m beginning to suspect you’re scum and really not interacting in good faith here at all.
In post 1059, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@MURDERCAT
what did you mean by “your one scum game”?
I feel like depending on this I have a solid binary of where scum is.
UNVOTE: because straight up stating NM is not involved in that binary
In post 1060, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1057, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1054, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1050, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:No one is bothering to honestly engage with me here so I’ll just let my flip speak for itself
what a misrep. I asked you questions about the murder wagon.
In post 1038, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:If you think murder is town, then are people being actively opportunistic about wagoning him? What do you think about penguin convincing dumb&dumber to vote back on murder after auro voted NM for lolz?
and your response is to pretend that I’m not engaging with you?

- Daenerys
I kinda felt like I addressed that in another post
I don’t particularly feel like many scum are on murdercat, otherwise I wouldn’t be debating like this, I’d just lim the scum. But I feel like outside of Cakez and infinity, NM is the only one here who should have a decent idea of how murdercat is, but he just lazily voted murder
Are you under the impression that NM does anything not lazily?
Why do you think he should “know how murdercat is” and that this is town!murder?

- Daenerys
He was in a game where town!murdercat was limmed D1
In post 1062, Gamma Emerald wrote:And honestly the biggest issue I fucking have is that MURDERCAT GETS TOWNIER AS THE GAME PROGRESSES AS TOWN. ELIMINATING HIM EARLY IS LEGITIMATELY SHIT PLAY.
In post 1064, Gamma Emerald wrote:not anymore
I s2g do you fuckers have any reading comprehension at all?
In post 1066, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1059, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@MURDERCAT
what did you mean by “your one scum game”?
I feel like depending on this I have a solid binary of where scum is.
UNVOTE: because straight up stating NM is not involved in that binary
In post 1059, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE: because straight up stating NM is not involved in that binary
like holy shit how dense are you?????
In post 1071, Gamma Emerald wrote:Here's the thing: I legitimately don't actively solve early unless driven by emotions or something. I do this for three reasons: I'm lazy, it helps get through the most active stages of larger games where trying to keep up is nigh impossible, and it lowers my NK worth. That last point wasn't always a reason for it but after mini 2173 I realized I actually had enough impact to get NKed over reputation versus my play in that game, so now I deliberately sandbag to try to get farther, which I'm sure you've seen other players do. Flavor Leaf and mastina might be the leading names in that regard for me, though idrk if the latter qualifies. But the point is the fact I haven't been actively searching for scum is part of how I play these days, but atp I'm pissed off enough to switch to active mode.
In post 1073, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1070, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1062, Gamma Emerald wrote:And honestly the biggest issue I fucking have is that MURDERCAT GETS TOWNIER AS THE GAME PROGRESSES AS TOWN. ELIMINATING HIM EARLY IS LEGITIMATELY SHIT PLAY.
And my issue is you can't say that he doesn't as scum so it's nai. Stop relying solely on meta for which you don't have an established comparison.

it's bad.
Actually BTXV showed he really doesn't get townier as time passes in scumgames. He was wagoned in 7p and 5p limlo, predominantly by town iirc.
So no, I have an example of the converse, try again smartass.
In post 1092, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1090, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1084, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1074, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:@infinity
catboi’s post sums up most of it I think, have you read and responded to this?

Actually just looked at your ISO and you don’t seem to have mentioned this post at all, which is interesting because this is probably the biggest scumcase on murder so far, and you seemingly hard townread this slot before catboi replaced in. Is there a reason you haven’t responded to catboi on murder or engaged with catboi at all?

- Daenerys
I read the post, it didn't really do anything for me. Most of it is like, murder is making lazy pushes and reasoning because he's kinda being lazy this game. If you're interested I can respond to it in more depth
I don’t really need a response to the points in particular.

I find the argument “murder could be lazy as town” to just be not very appealing. Like, anyone can be lazy as town. They can also just be scum. Yall are saying murder is lazy!town here. Gamma says he’s lazy!town. NM is lazy as both alignments. Everyone else is putting in effort. who do we elim then if everyone suspicious just says they’re being lazy town? there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. as a side note, I also intensely dislike the concept of sandbagging on principle. like, just play the game you signed up for. if you plan to not play the game, then don’t come crying when you get pressured for it.

you say let’s wagon NM but that is the easiest elimination of all time. I’m not concerned about deepwolf!NM. I am concerned about other players skating by because “oh they’re just lazy town.” like if NM is where the wagon ends up, fine, but I think that’s an absolute last resort. there are three scum, so I’m going to keep trying to figure out who the team is. both you and gamma do not seem to care that there would be two other scum.

- Daenerys
yes, there are three scum
atm I don't think murdercat is any of them
NM could be, so could others but I haven't probed for them yet
I don't like the way you try to act like because there's three scum it invalidates our concerns about the murdercat lim and those pushing it
In post 1105, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1096, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1094, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you look at how murdercat got through all of those games you'll see a very consistent trend of town!murdercat getting pushed early and/or often
but see:
In post 1070, PenguinPower wrote:And my issue is you can't say that he doesn't as scum so it's nai. Stop relying solely on meta for which you don't have an established comparison.
I'm saying your perspective on murdercat is way smaller than mine or infinity's, and as such you should listen to what I'm saying, which is to give him time since he becomes stronger as town further along in the game, and I think based on how things have developed he is town
I'm not just metaing murdercat, I'm metaing the scenario
In post 1106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I do wish he would post more since he said he would be, but is leaving the thread and "hoping the wagon dissipates" something scum actually do ever? Idk
Infinity I'm concerned you have to ask this question.
In post 1118, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1109, Infinity 324 wrote:I actually don't remember a time when scum has lurked out a wagon hoping it dissipates, but maybe there's been a time where it happened and I though the scum was just demotivated or something

It just seems like a very dumb thing to do and I don't think that's really how wagons work, maybe in larges idk
that's
what I used to do
In post 1428, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: murdercat
I'd prefer to let him town up if he's town but he's not really trying atp, plus I have unresolved concerns of my own from early on.
In post 1439, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1436, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1428, Gamma Emerald wrote:plus I have unresolved concerns of my own from early on
can you please point me in the direction of these concerns?

I'm being lazy
didn't like how he was talking about mech stuff early
it felt like he was crutching on that to get TRed
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1568, Dumb and Dumber wrote:like i can unvote in good faith to let u get acclimated but your slot is my best bet rn

~ skitteR
No like it’s fine

I think if ur town then it makes a lot of sense to want to elim some order of (me, yotta, DnD, GC)

I just wanna get to a point of higher confidence on that
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:08 pm

I don't particularly want to give a run down on events beyond the quote chain above because I did not enjoy interacting with gamma and rereading these made me angry all over again
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

I feel like I may be confbiasing on this too but to me those posts look p towny assuming that gamma has like an ounce of an idea of how to play scum, which I think he does
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

what does eod mean?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Return to “Completed Open Games”