Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Pyro »

Any reason for change of approach entering this game, Battle Mage?
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1648, Pyro wrote:Honestly, the tone shift is really noticeable when you compare either of those ISOs to his posts start of this game. He's a lot more "understanding" and "friendly" here while he's harsher in those games.

I'm starting to buy more of what Batsunami is selling.
I told you they were addictive drugs, Pyro. But yeah, I already stated it tons of times.
IT
IS
THE
DK
TELL
One who is a flurry of (´・ω・`)'s
and one who is a flurry of :OOOO's
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1644, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Help me find out who she’s shielding. I think you’re probably a miselim and specifically because of Pooky vs FL, I would prefer you not be the D1 wagon.
No Nancy. Deepwolf potentials either die day 1 or become a deep wolf. We need to get rid of him day 1.
Look how much you like him and want to save him. Think about if there was a single person that wanted to save him in pookyvflava except pooky who has RL connections with him.
There were none. There is so much resistance to this wagon and he seems so so towny. Those are clear scum indicators.
don't get me wrong, i'm honestly flattered that you see BM-scum as such a dangerous threat on Day 1 of a large theme. but a deepwolf? i barely did anything and got wagonned for no reason. i'd say that's probably the shallowest wolfing you can get. you're just completely off track here dude. :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Pyro »

In post 1651, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1648, Pyro wrote:Honestly, the tone shift is really noticeable when you compare either of those ISOs to his posts start of this game. He's a lot more "understanding" and "friendly" here while he's harsher in those games.

I told you they were addictive drugs, Pyro. But yeah, I already stated it tons of times.
IT
IS
THE
DK
TELL
What... I heard "restrictive earplugs". I want a refund.
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1481, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1360, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1357, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes, I insist on having the FINAL say on who gets run up and rn, I’m leaning possible miselim on BM.
Nancy do you believe in me?
I believe you’re town and that you may possibly be tunneled.
I have used this tell three times. All three times I caught scum. I am tunneling BM but it is correct tunneling. Place your faith in me this one time and I promise you we'll get a very juicy info filled scum flip.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1648, Pyro wrote:Battle Mage's last two games:

viewtopic.php?t=85424&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=85321&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

They're both newbies, and he's town in both.

Honestly, the tone shift is really noticeable when you compare either of those ISOs to his posts start of this game. He's a lot more "understanding" and "friendly" here while he's harsher in those games.

i mean, that isn't what she was selling, but how convenient :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1654, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1481, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1360, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1357, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes, I insist on having the FINAL say on who gets run up and rn, I’m leaning possible miselim on BM.
Nancy do you believe in me?
I believe you’re town and that you may possibly be tunneled.
I have used this tell three times. All three times I caught scum. I am tunneling BM but it is correct tunneling. Place your faith in me this one time and I promise you we'll get a very juicy info filled scum flip.
i mean it's probably an info filled flip because i assume there would have to be a few scum on that wagon, otherwise ya may as well throw the game to Titus :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1486, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t want you to die tonight though.
Our sacrifice for town will do wonders I believe.
I'm telling you right now that Pyro, Clidd, and BM are all scum.
At the most, one is incorrect but most likely all three are scum.
BM is the most certain one. The other two aren't 100% but I'm sure that my POE is very very accurate(unless Ircher is scum in which case, reevaluate asap)

If Ircher ever flips town, LOOK AT MY POE because it is going to be shockingly accurate.
5uffering
5uffering
Goon
5uffering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by 5uffering »

Honestly, the tone shift is really noticeable when you compare either of those ISOs to his posts start of this game. He's a lot more "understanding" and "friendly" here while he's harsher in those games.

Yeah so. I had this thought as well. Then Battle Mage did something that pinged me the other way. I'm not sure if he'll confirm this, but I feel like he's taken on a new persona. At least trying to. I didn't want to approach it however but I felt like an air of frustration. There is some uncanniness in his responses no doubt.

The DK tell that Batsunami keeps talking about doesn't seem like a catch-all. I also don't believe it applies to Battle Mage. Battle Mage in his natural habitat gets himself into a lot of trouble with a good amount of the game. Battle Mage as scum is more reliant on avoiding this.
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1655, Battle Mage wrote:i mean, that isn't what she was selling, but how convenient
Yeah it was. I am selling tone and pyro is selling tone. You got a problem?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1650, Pyro wrote:Any reason for change of approach entering this game, Battle Mage?
i actually answered this earlier. noraa railed on me after for AtE or something. I wouldn't say it's a change of approach overall, across all setups. each game is different - there are examples of games where i have started with an intention of being very chill. it's not AI, it's just personality and mood driven i guess. in this game i was quite happy at the start because i got to play from the beginning unlike the last one, and it is my first large theme in a while, and i was hoping i could do better than last game. :lol:

admittedly some of that shine has worn off a bit with the likes of noraa and sherlock campaigning on "BM is scum, notwithstanding I can't think of a good reason why". I try, but it's pretty hard to engage without anything substantial to talk about.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1493, Battle Mage wrote:ou realise running me up to -2 is a surefire way to confirm whether I'm a mason or not? how does that help again?
if you are a mason which I won't believe unless Nancy herself confirms it, you have played really really weirdly but I'll tip my hat to Nancy for picking the scummiest slots I guess and also you need to be outed otherwise I will legitimately tunnel you forever because you are the scummiest person to exist in this game and I am using a tell that I have 100% confidence in.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Sherlock and Watson »

In post 1632, Battle Mage wrote:genuinely, are you ever planning to respond to my questions? or is the plan to ignore them and just throw random shade and hyperbole?

the questions I already answered? You'd ignored my early engage/went to sleep, so I took you back to null, I was curious about Noraa's push and was happy to join her, and your response was to discredit her and OMGUS me. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my vote rn

-S
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1659, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1655, Battle Mage wrote:i mean, that isn't what she was selling, but how convenient
Yeah it was. I am selling tone and pyro is selling tone. You got a problem?
your problem not mine! :lol: be real - you took a look at the playerlist and thought it'd be fun to run BM up again right? :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1498, Battle Mage wrote:I don't think the tell makes sense though (even aside from being wrong here). The 'DK tell' is like a half-baked meta argument. The strength of a meta argument is it looks at previous games for alignment indicative trends. the way the 'DK tell' has been applied here means it is explicitly NOT based on alignment indicative trends (namely, my personality/likeability has not previously been linked to my alignment). So I would say the reasoning is not valid, or at least the way it has been presented it bears no value.
Why have I now caught 4 scum then?
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Pyro »

In post 1658, 5uffering wrote:

Yeah so. I had this thought as well. Then Battle Mage did something that pinged me the other way. I'm not sure if he'll confirm this, but I feel like he's taken on a new persona. At least trying to. I didn't want to approach it however but I felt like an air of frustration. There is some uncanniness in his responses no doubt.

The DK tell that Batsunami keeps talking about doesn't seem like a catch-all. I also don't believe it applies to Battle Mage. Battle Mage in his natural habitat gets himself into a lot of trouble with a good amount of the game. Battle Mage as scum is more reliant on avoiding this.
Yeah, it's definitely not a catch-all tell. The point that Battle Mage seems noticeably friendlier and nicer than he usually is as town is valid though.

Pedit: It's not that, Battle Mage. You do this thing as town where you're really sarcastic and condescending, but you do it in a jokey way and seem like you're having fun with it. It also gets you scumread and flak however at times, which would explain why you drop it when playing scum.
Sherlock and Watson
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Sherlock and Watson
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Sherlock and Watson »

yeah, this is night and day from his townplay, I don't like having meta be like the main thing but it's definitely a part of the picture

-S
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Pyro »

VOTE: Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1661, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1493, Battle Mage wrote:ou realise running me up to -2 is a surefire way to confirm whether I'm a mason or not? how does that help again?
if you are a mason which I won't believe unless Nancy herself confirms it, you have played really really weirdly but I'll tip my hat to Nancy for picking the scummiest slots I guess and also you need to be outed otherwise I will legitimately tunnel you forever because you are the scummiest person to exist in this game and I am using a tell that I have 100% confidence in.
noraa, i've played fine. you said yourself, your case on me is because i've played really well and been obvtown. it's not my fault you've taken that to an illogical extreme conclusion where I'm actually scum and it's all a big conspiracy. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Pyro »

In post 31, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 29, Emperor flippyNips wrote:why didn't you vote me when you originally said that it was me? or why not vote ben? instead you hopped on a wagon putting someone at L1

VOTE: BM
scum flailing, too little too late - folks, we got one!
In post 862, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 85, quiet wrote: Illwei: Towny town to me. Seems relaxed, putting his reads out there, I don't agree with everything he says, but I see town in the way he says it.
I absolutely hate this. Newbie scum pulled this read on me (my slot) last game, almost word for word. :shifty:

But in general, quiet's open to the game is strong.
In post 863, Battle Mage wrote:i don't understand how safebet is still alive. i'm on page 8. :lol:

^This kind of thing.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1620, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1618, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1616, Battle Mage wrote:Nancy, any thoughts on my S&W read?
I don’t understand why you have them at the bottom of your readslist.
bottom is scummiest...
That doesn’t even remotely answer my question.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1505, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1423, Batsunami wrote:
In post 1421, Saudade wrote:can we move on from talking about battle mage, its anti town at this point
Get him to E-2 and we'll stop.
Noraa, I’m not currently vibing with a BM elim right now. Thoughts on other slots?
Nancy, this is something I feel really strongly about. Really strongly. I can move off of it for a bit but I want BM today. you just want content and info today. I will give you that content and info that you want. But I want BM dead as a doornail. Today.

Even if he claims a fancy pr, I want him dead today because I don't believe in a million years that my DK tell would fail me. He is scum and there are zero other options for his alignment.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i'm done. sorry but i really don't have the patience for another game like this where I try really hard and just get bombarded with nothingness and ultimately mis-elimmed for no good reason. someone else will do better in the slot. have fun all! <3
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Batsunami
Batsunami
Goon
Batsunami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Batsunami »

In post 1509, Sherlock and Watson wrote:I want to see if NoraaTweetie is right
We are and you have now been upgraded from null to town.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1627, Batsunami wrote:OH NO MORNING DID YOU FOLLOW THIS TOPIC.
*HUGE FLASHBACKS OF POOKYVFLAVA WHERE MY INBOX GOT SPAMMED*
NOONONONONOONONONONONOONONONONONONOONONO!
Uncheck that box and you should be fine.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”