Newbie 2055: City Lights [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by FBJim »

is this an end-day push @vasex @hub

i don't agree with wagoning if it is. flow trap is practically the default anti-town/disruptive hang if it gets close to deadline anyway, and it's not halftime yet. arguing with FT is just going to make reading/solving more difficult.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

your name reminds me of slim jims
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

ydra what's your take on floo trap?
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 450, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Do you think I am currently pushing to end day?
In post 475, FBJim wrote:is this an end-day push @vasex @hub
for vasex's benefit only
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by FBJim »

ty ydrasse

i am lonely in anime boy bloc but i think the hub/vasex putting wagon pressure on other players was the right idea before the disruption. just not today because i got zero (0) hours of sleep last night and my iq has dropped about 25%
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 475, FBJim wrote:i don't agree with wagoning if it is. flow trap is practically the default anti-town/disruptive hang if it gets close to deadline anyway, and it's not halftime yet. arguing with FT is just going to make reading/solving more difficult.
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 477, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:ydra what's your take on floo trap?
What's your's

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 pm

In post 480, flow trap wrote:
In post 475, FBJim wrote:i don't agree with wagoning if it is. flow trap is practically the default anti-town/disruptive hang if it gets close to deadline anyway, and it's not halftime yet. arguing with FT is just going to make reading/solving more difficult.
probably with the exception of the scummy post before the readslist
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 482, team rocket queen wrote:probably with the exception of the scummy post before the readslist
I don't understand :neutral:

team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 pm

In post 482, team rocket queen wrote:probably with the exception of the scummy post before the readslist
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by flow trap »

I still don't understand

team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:15 pm

In post 485, flow trap wrote:I still don't understand
fbjim probably isn't labeling that one as anti-town, as that would not be a fitting phrase, even if it seems scummy to him as it does to me
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by flow trap »

How is anything else anti-town :I

fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by fairyprincess69 »

In post 407, floo wrote:
I wanted to let flow trap be flow trap, if you get what I'm referring to, so I didn't want to explain too much of flow trap's play. But I can point out just the read list for now. Do you agree it feels like "not flow trap" compared to last game?
i agree, in that i don't remember flow trap offering a reads list like that. seems strange for him to be sincere with his reads that early on
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:13 pm

trq's posts always read as haikus to me lol
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:15 pm

In post 325, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 230, floo wrote: I see it unlikely that town!KT assumes flow trap is an incompetent player who would out their own power role upon being asked a non threatening question.

I find very suspicious, KT is trying to extract an actual PR claim after flow's claim. specific line: "but your soft-claim provides no info to us. Share with the class." Obsessing over "this player is PR" over multiple posts also is scummy. However much you think the PR claim implicates a player as PR, you are also helping the Mafia find PRs by continuing to speculate about who is PR.
:facepalm: Use logic. I tried to extract a claim out of him because he soft-claimed already. It's not anti-town because if it's actually true then the mafia already knows he is a PR. But we don't know what kind he is so it provides little info to us.

However his "it was a joke" comment is kind of a soft VT claim. I rest my case. When I get home in a few hours (am in college) I'll publish my reads.
on reflection i think this is pretty townie; i doubt mafia would want to admit that they're attempting to get PR claims from people. that attracts all kinds of bad attention
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:18 pm

In post 273, FBJim wrote:
i mentioned ydrasse being my strongest wolf read earlier. apart from post/content level, the aggressive response to me, i don't like. going aggressive as town makes sense if you're just mad about being scumread as town, or if you want to establish dominance to lead town discussions but she did that and then went back to not really posting.

UNVOTE: flow trap
VOTE: ydrasse
was she really aggressive, though? seemed like she just wanted to explore your thought process a little bit.
fairyprincess69
fairyprincess69
Townie
fairyprincess69
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 318, Ydrasse wrote:i get the feeling of making arbitrary groups for scum, but also there's not a whole lot of logic in... basing a solve off of something like that, imo. it's comforting to have confines to work in but you're better off just trying to scumhunt independently of those sorts of labels

if you had to offer a solve, fairy, who would you put in it as scum?
well the fact that i coudn;t even get my foot in the door re: a scumread makes me feel like mafia are experienced and i should probably treat my "good vibes" townreads with more scrutiny (like HUB). i'm not sure the utility of the question or how it leads from the first point, and i can't offer you an answer right now.
In post 319, Ydrasse wrote:its proooobably something like kittytacky/flow trap for me.
this seems like a very strange solve given their interactions up to this point. kitty pressed flow trap for a PR claim, and FT brought attention to their interaction in a very weird way. i'm not seeing them as maf at all
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Kinda thinking maybe it is flow trap

I know we've done a weird circle of 'but isn't they limbait' but idk, the weird shifts in tone over the day bothers me
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:32 pm

I agree that flow trap + kitty doesn't quite feel right though
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:39 am

Post by KittyTacky »

I feel if both flow trap and floo are mafia then floo might be sussing me because I pushed on their buddy.

However:
A) I don't want to "no u" vote.
B) I feel in forum mafia where there is less immediate emotion I doubt scums are impulsive enough to do that.

Thus floo is a null-leaning-slightly-scummy read for me. They're difficult to read but not as much as flow trap. Also Ydrasse is indeed quite aggressive.

I'm somewhat sussing flow myself. Just because flow made a "joke" and then I missed it... doesn't clear us as scumbuddies. I don't know why and can't really explain why but it seems very
odd
to me that flow would say something major like that with no clear evidence.

And as HUB said, flow seemed like they were white-knighting floo. Which is also quite sus.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, this should be E-1. This is my first forum mafia game too that I didn't flak out of due to IRL reasons. Ughhhh.

VOTE: flow trap
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:04 am

i am willing to intent for claim; please no hammer tho
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:05 am

also, kittytacky on the hmmmm list
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:08 am

Post by FBJim »

In post 491, fairyprincess69 wrote:
In post 273, FBJim wrote:
i mentioned ydrasse being my strongest wolf read earlier. apart from post/content level, the aggressive response to me, i don't like. going aggressive as town makes sense if you're just mad about being scumread as town, or if you want to establish dominance to lead town discussions but she did that and then went back to not really posting.

UNVOTE: flow trap
VOTE: ydrasse
was she really aggressive, though? seemed like she just wanted to explore your thought process a little bit.
second half of this is what stuck out to me, almost interpreting an SR as an insult
In post 136, Ydrasse wrote:do you think i am intentionally trying to derail things away from mafia, or that i am unable to post believable content if i am scum?
activity level was backed up by another player as NAI via meta and i'll defer to people who've played with her before

UNVOTE: ydrasse
VOTE: KittyTacky
gut - flow trap is the obvious SR but feels like a default hang that could be done at any time.

last post is also moving it from gut "suspect the least scrutinized player" to suspicious
In post 495, KittyTacky wrote:I feel if both flow trap and floo are mafia then floo might be sussing me because I pushed on their buddy.

However:
A) I don't want to "no u" vote.
B) I feel in forum mafia where there is less immediate emotion I doubt scums are impulsive enough to do that.

Thus floo is a null-leaning-slightly-scummy read for me. They're difficult to read but not as much as flow trap. Also Ydrasse is indeed quite aggressive.

I'm somewhat sussing flow myself. Just because flow made a "joke" and then I missed it... doesn't clear us as scumbuddies. I don't know why and can't really explain why but it seems very
odd
to me that flow would say something major like that with no clear evidence.

And as HUB said, flow seemed like they were white-knighting floo. Which is also quite sus.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, this should be E-1. This is my first forum mafia game too that I didn't flak out of due to IRL reasons. Ughhhh.

VOTE: flow trap

don't like E-1ing someone with this much equivocation. feels like a bad mix of caution and soft aggression. e-1 is an aggressive action especially with 5 days to deadline. making an aggressive action while publicly equivocating (saying you suspect someone else but don't want to OMGUS vote/E-1ing someone you're "somewhat sussing", "i'm sorry if i'm wrong/this is my first game ugh"/"it seems very
odd
" ) - just looks like wanting the move to seem less aggressive than it actually is
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:15 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 493, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:the weird shifts in tone over the day bothers me
You know when you finish a great book and you can't really get into the next one until something just as great happens

Also, it's normal for me to change in games

Also also, Essay has way more shifts than me

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”