Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 548, Titus wrote:
In post 537, MathBlade wrote:Why would scum want me a let’s be generous and say below average player like me dead?
Free miselimination is a free miselimination
That’s what I said. That’s why towards the end (Eg Dunn and Cakez although not voting saying meltdown) are more likely scum than not mason LLD and Prism.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Prodding GreyICE
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 539, quiet wrote:I'm also feeling a bit of dejavu on Math/Titus; I've heard the "math is acting bad and/or scummy but I think they're town, be better or I policy you" argument before almost verbatim.
Guilty. As a result that game, we got no scum eliminated. I had the other three I was willing to compromise on at some point. The thread wanted Math. We never could work together.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: quotes
In post 456, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 326, SirCakez wrote:Hot take: dunnstral is scum again
This is not a hot take, it's a good one.

Three of Dunny's four posts have been low effort nitpicks, and the other was a mechanics question that I didn't understand. 174 specifically doesn't sound like something town says, questioning specific players about their sangres read is one thing but shading everyone town reading them without explanation is useless. It reminds me of Titus vs. Alisae when I caught him for similar shady, nitpicky posting where he'd lurk and post full quote-wall catch ups taking potshots at random shit that never ended up forming into genuine reads or having real progression.

And while I've been scum in my three recently completed games, Dunn has been town in all of them and he it was obvious from his first few posts. That's not the case here.

Maybe I'm calling this out too early and it would have been better to see how he continues to play the game without my interference but I kinda want to try and this is me trying

VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 460, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
Please be town Spiffeh :)
In post 476, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
In post 484, quiet wrote:After reading 8-20 this morning, I'd be a lot more interested in sheeping Spiffeh+SirCakez on Dunn vs. elimming Math this afternoon.

Still struggling really hard with my time management at the moment, but I'm hopeful about carve out a few hours this evening to focus on the game.
I am...rather happy the artifact went to LLD over Prism.

@Dunnstral, it appears possible in the rules for some characters to have started with an artifact, ahead of the N0 distribution.

I like Spiff, +SirCakez for the Dunn read and follow up, and I think SirCakez has been generally driving the game forward. With Spiffeh, I appreciate the willingness to TR Math and express discomfort with that wagon; I'm not all the way there yet on Math, but that's at least twice now they've posted something I thought was rather useful + aligned with how I'm reading the game.

I like Bell probably a lot more than I should at this point, this is almost entirely off of vibe and I don't know how well I'll be able to justify this read.
I like sangres, I like Tammy. Kitty Truama can also hang out in my town pile. LLD something something artifact claim something.

So as usual, I'm townbucketing way too many people; if I had to pick a few I feel strongest on, Spiff, SirCakez, sangres for weird reasons. I should put LDD here, but in the absence of the claim stuff, I wouldn't have TRed them personally.

I think those are most or all of the standouts at this point. I'm enjoying aggressive/abrasive Prism, but I don't like it just yet. Bjork + LLD confirmed to own artifacts at this point, that should make for an interesting night.

In terms of negatives, besides following the logic on Dunn, who I like as a vote because it helps resolve 1.65 townies (though I'll be paying attention to how many people seem willing to jump on that wagon real quick, myself included), and who I'm interested to see in the context of pressure on them (pedit: I want to think harder about the couple of posts Dunn has posted while I was writing this up):

I've gotten really no feelings from Pooky other than that damn avatar being a clear AtE and clouding my judgment, I just never know how to sort Titus, every system I've heard presented in prev. games has worked out terribly for the town I've been in, from context, it seems that BM picks up sus early in the game pretty regularly, but I havn't seen any townpings there yet, have a few spots even lurkier than mine which is a method of reading I'm not too keen on, and that about covers the field.

Still pretty slammed today, but I'm committed to carving out that time late tonight; order of operations will be trying to break up/sort out my town pile into some kind of sensible grouping/order, figure out who doesn't make sense in combination, and review the positioning around Math and Prism this morning.
In post 531, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 499, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 492, MathBlade wrote:I wonder if there is a traitor.

Based on what?
Even mentioning this unprompted feels like possible signaling if true
In post 501, Dunnstral wrote:Like, why did you actually start talking about traitor?
Dunnstral - It's his gimmick that in every game he plays, he speculates early about a Mafia Traitor. Have you never played with Mathblade before?

Spiffeh, SirCakez, Battle Mage, and quiet are the 4 on Dunn. No need to worry about hammer. He's nowhere near range.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Dunn
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Dunn
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

Dumb question Titus why were you waiting on me to vote Dunn before voting there?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

sisterly love
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Titus »

In post 556, MathBlade wrote:Dumb question Titus why were you waiting on me to vote Dunn before voting there?
Rewarding good behavior.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

This feels ugly. I want that on the record. If Dunn isn’t scum I want Titus and Cakez and maaaaybe one of LLD or Prism.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

And Pooky imho is scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:16 am

who do you want if Dunn is scum?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:16 am

In post 560, MathBlade wrote:And Pooky imho is scum.
lolol what

I don't even know who the bad guys in the show are
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Bell »

In post 479, SirCakez wrote:
In post 462, Bell wrote:
In post 461, SirCakez wrote:A Math wagon is really boring and unhelpful
Join this one instead!
No.
Why not?
Joke answer: Because he's my scum partner.

Actual answer: I've made a similar case on Dunnstral before and he was town in that game. I'm not going to say he's town in this one, but I'm more cautious about it and it seems like scum are pretty happy to vote Dunnstrall, but not Mathblade.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 562, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 560, MathBlade wrote:And Pooky imho is scum.
lolol what

I don't even know who the bad guys in the show are
hop back on Dunn, Pookster
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Bell »

Titus feels off.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 542, quiet wrote:
SirCakez +
Spiff are responsible for the Dunn wagon
FTFY
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 563, Bell wrote:seems like scum are pretty happy to vote Dunnstrall, but not Mathblade.
Name names please
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 561, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:who do you want if Dunn is scum?
Still you and Cakez.

Titus is the conditional.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 567, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 563, Bell wrote:seems like scum are pretty happy to vote Dunnstrall, but not Mathblade.
Name names please
Pretty sure Bell is town here Spiffeh.

I have spicy reasons I shouldn’t say.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Titus »

Smh

I think almost any wagon on Mathblade is town driven tbh. That doesn't say anything about his alignment. Math has trouble playing well with others which gets him wagoned frequently regardless of his alignment.

When people do try to work with him, he fails to see it unless it's on his reads and in his own time. That means he struggles to get wagons.

Then add in his hyperposting habits which focus attention on him...well...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Bell »

Though, it would make sense for her to be less willing to go to bat for Math since she spent two full games defending him when he was scum (for the purposes of honesty I will note both times she did klll her brother with her own hands..eventually)
I don't think a policy elimination is even close to warranted for Math. I just think he's scum. He's not a true negative presence in games (on the other hand, I don't policy eliminate anyone, so).
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

"for the purposes of honesty"?

early wagon on math is town indicative as scum prob doesn't bus math Day 1.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Bell »

In post 567, Spiffeh wrote:
Name names please
It really depends whether Dunn is scum or not. I don't think his reactions are too out of sorts with his current town meta.

I've felt Titus was off from the beginning of the game. Rather, she seemed kinda happy and I know she wanted to roll scum this game, but that's town so meh. I'm not in love with it. I have a lot of mixed reads.

@Dunnstrall, why did you mean you read me loud and clear btw? I literally had not idea what you were referring to.

Also, I didn't give Spiffeh a town read, I said it was refreshing from Spiffy that he didn't just copy paste his posts for once.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 571, Bell wrote:Though, it would make sense for her to be less willing to go to bat for Math since she spent two full games defending him when he was scum (for the purposes of honesty I will note both times she did klll her brother with her own hands..eventually)
I don't think a policy elimination is even close to warranted for Math. I just think he's scum. He's not a true negative presence in games (on the other hand, I don't policy eliminate anyone, so).
I get your read Bell. I just think you’re wrong about me. I keep my meta similar to avoid trust tells and have been working on improving it and have done a good job at doing so. (See where I replaced into masons twice) I just think Titus is working under old me meta and it sucks. I am actually cooperative as any alignment now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”