Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

why not ask me...? if you did i missed it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 am

Post by madeline »

In post 350, Ydrasse wrote:why not ask me...? if you did i missed it
catboi had just posted, why do you think your insight gives more than catboi's perspective on something i was thinking about
something is not right
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 am

Post by catboi »

In post 349, madeline wrote:
In post 348, catboi wrote:Concern for the deadline
so you believe that ydrasse believes that costello is more likely to be town than whoever they shoot and thus it would be bad if costello missed the deadline?
I...What's your point? I can see "don't forget to take your shot" coming from town or scum, I think the assumption would be him acting in good faith
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 349, madeline wrote:
In post 348, catboi wrote:Concern for the deadline
so you believe that ydrasse believes that costello is more likely to be town than whoever they shoot and thus it would be bad if costello missed the deadline?
i asked because your train of thought here is like... i get it as something you would think knowing how you play but the timing of it seemed off?

like it’s very implicative of one very specific process that like... i don’t think ascribing to someone when they say concern from the deadline is fair. maybe i’m worrying too much about it but it feels like... you’re setting him up despite what he answers?

this is a lot of words to say i don’t get the timing of 349 despite talking to catboi
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:17 am

Post by madeline »

In post 352, catboi wrote:I...What's your point? I can see "don't forget to take your shot" coming from town or scum, I think the assumption would be him acting in good faith
as town you'd have to believe that costello was more likely to hit than to be mafia for it to be reasonable to 'don't forget to take your shot'

and there wasn't enough evidence that ydrasse believed this or didn't for me to reach a conclusion

so i asked
something is not right
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:19 am

Post by madeline »

In post 353, Ydrasse wrote:i asked because your train of thought here is like... i get it as something you would think knowing how you play but the timing of it seemed off?

like it’s very implicative of one very specific process that like... i don’t think ascribing to someone when they say concern from the deadline is fair. maybe i’m worrying too much about it but it feels like... you’re setting him up despite what he answers?

this is a lot of words to say i don’t get the timing of 349 despite talking to catboi
saw catboi talking about read on you, thought about the thing i was wondering about, asked catboi about it

i asked you because from your perspective your answer doesn't give any information whereas catboi's might,
something is not right
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

fwiw the process was:

i’m at work better check the deadline
oh god wow that’s sooner than i thought, better remind everyone that we should try to decide
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 340, Farkran wrote:I have never seen eye to eye with gamma (i only played with him as t/t or s/s in my career, never t/s) so that *could* be town indicative for him. It is true that town!gamma is usually more productive than scum! gamma, i remember tm2020 where he was eliminated d1 mostly out of inactivity and he was scum, so there's that. I do not not understand his analysis of my slot but since time is running short, my best pick for a shot in the face atm is flea.

And i'm sad because i actually liked their Isaac competence
I flaked out of TM2020 wtf
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Costello »

Okay I'm back hi hello catching up now sorry
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Costello »

In post 346, catboi wrote:I wish I had a good answer for you on that, but...I don't really. I'm going to trust your judgment. I would move Ydrasse up toward the town side in your list, though.
Kinda curious as to why? Both for no good answer+Ydrasse moving up in your view
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Costello »

In post 354, madeline wrote:
In post 352, catboi wrote:I...What's your point? I can see "don't forget to take your shot" coming from town or scum, I think the assumption would be him acting in good faith
as town you'd have to believe that costello was more likely to hit than to be mafia for it to be reasonable to 'don't forget to take your shot'

and there wasn't enough evidence that ydrasse believed this or didn't for me to reach a conclusion

so i asked
I think this is going a bit advanced into Ydrasse strategically not reminding me if she thinks I'm scum, which I don't really think it's most people's first instinct is to try and figure out how to capitalize on a mechanic that I should be taking advantage of regardless of alignment in the event I happen to be scum?
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:16 am

Post by madeline »

In post 360, Costello wrote:I think this is going a bit advanced into Ydrasse strategically not reminding me if she thinks I'm scum, which I don't really think it's most people's first instinct is to try and figure out how to capitalize on a mechanic that I should be taking advantage of regardless of alignment in the event I happen to be scum?
really? it's seems like

very straightforward to me, like
when is deadline? check, is it good to draw attention to deadline

yes if x
no if y
something is not right
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:17 am

Post by madeline »

*it
something is not right
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 341, madeline wrote:
In post 339, madeline wrote:what do you make of

the general perception that your push on farkran is town indicative because farkran was vocally townread before that
i guess this is poorly worded, i do not mean the general perception but more, the fact that there were multiple people putting this forward, including farkran
I get it but I wish that people weren’t so hard up on that read? Like, why do confident Farkran is town?
Also what’s with the random line breaks
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Costello »

Gamma did you really have to make your first good (in an AI sense) post of the game an hour before deadline?

Why must you do this to me?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 342, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 338, Gamma Emerald wrote:It looks like Ydrasse is trying to say two things at once there (you have and have not been cautious)
Ydrasse, your response? This is the second thing I’ve noticed of this type from you
what? i’m saying i don’t think she’s done anything especially cautious that’s worth pointing out so far wrt the early wagon as i thought that’s what hectic was basing off of
In post 343, Ydrasse wrote:what second thing have you noticed and have you pointed it out before someone prodded you on me?
But like
Hectic said she wasn’t being cautious
It looks like you ended up agreeing with him as such

And you’ve had confusing takes on Flea (which looks paranoia-driven) and madeline (which seems like you started disagreeing with hectic on some level but reached the exact conclusion he did)
<Embrace The Void>

madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:26 am

Post by madeline »

In post 363, Gamma Emerald wrote:I get it but I wish that people weren’t so hard up on that read? Like, why do confident Farkran is town?
i am not currently confident but farkran's play has seemed similar enough to his play in the game we previously played together to me and the posted you said was not genuine to you seemed fine to me
In post 363, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also what’s with the random line breaks
i wouldn't call them ~random~

simply stylistic
something is not right
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Costello »

what if it turned out i didn't have a redirect at all and it's just a twilight extender and i really was a part of the game tossin' boyz all along
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Then you're best Forgotten :P
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Not Chara »

Day 1 - Conclusion

Isaac had to stop and catch his breath before entering the ominous door that marked the end of their terrifying journey. He hoped.

Magdalene had gotten very quiet. Her cheer that had seemed so unshakeable before had given way to something fragile. When he looked back at her, she smiled thinly, and it felt like cheap consolation when she was the one that had gotten them this far.

"This is the best I can do. You're the one who has to fight."
She sounded resigned, but Isaac could swear there was relief in her tone as well. Her beautiful curls hung limply on her face, and there was a sheen of sweat that cast her in a sickly light. He'd noticed she'd had trouble keeping up with him, but she hadn't complained and Isaac thought he'd done his best to account for her. It was better than being alone.

But why come all the way here if she was just going to abandon him in the end?
Her sad smile was no answer, nor was the almost comical thumbs up she offered Isaac as some kind of paltry encouragement.

ISAAC VS. GEMINI

Contusion and Suture were the best of friends. And brothers, to boot! They went everywhere together, and it didn't matter that neither of them could leave the company of the other, for who would want to? Suture told the best jokes, and Contusion had the best laugh, and he always did his part, even when his twins jokes were only a
little
funny instead of absolutely uproarious as they most often were. And sometimes Suture thought his brother patronized him too much, but how could he blame his twin for that? That was how Geminis were.
Suture couldn't relate. After all, he was a Capricorn.

They didn't need anyone else. Certainly not a third brother. You know what they say, right? Two's company, but three's a crowd.

So when another brother did show up, Contusion and Suture were in total agreement on what to do about it.

It was an easier fight than they'd expected.

Gamma Emerald
has been eliminated. He was
Isaac
, and a member of the
mafia
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Not Chara »

Night 1 has begun. It will end in (expired on 2021-02-25 17:09:51). Please send in any night actions you have before then.

EDIT: Daystart will be delayed until around 8pm EST. The action deadline remains as it is.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Day 2 - The Caves

Isaac's breath came in great gasps as he was forcefully dragged back to consciousness. His vision was blurry, and his entire body ached. Moving brought out a groan, and attracted the attention of the two girls nearby.

Magdalene, who had just excitedly filled in a row in her 47th tic-tac-toe game with a dour-looking kid who sat beside her, gasped in delight when she heard Isaac wake.

"Eve, look! He's finally up. Guess you got lucky this time, I won't count this game."
Considering she had just won, Magdalene considered this to be quite generous of her.

Eve, who seemed to be the black-haired girl with a strange, feathered accessory in her hair, merely shrugged. She had been purposely letting the other win every single game, out of protest for being forced to play something as pointless as tic-tac-toe. Magdalene had not noticed.

It looked like they were in an unfamiliar, tiny room. The walls, sparsely lit with an ambient light he couldn't immediately spot the source of, were formed of textured black stone, embedded with... skulls. So many skulls. The floor was also embedded with skulls.
Isaac stopped examining the room.

Asking what had happened to him was the first step, but he was beaten to the question by Eve.
"It's that collar. It was your cat's, right?"
She didn't sound curious, asking the question with as much enthusiasm as she'd given Magdalene's declaration, which was none.

Isaac looked down. Clutched in his hand was a small, dirty collar. It had been pink at some point, but even with the fading and dirt that clung to it, he recognized the heart-shaped tag.
The letters had long since rubbed away, but if he squinted in the gloom he could just make out a P and a Y. At least, Isaac thought so.

This had belonged to Guppy. Isaac remembered clutching it tightly in his fist. His father had tried to coax him into letting it go, that it was dirty and he would wash it and give it back, just the same. Isaac hadn't listened, and he was grateful for it now.

"The things you love will protect you, Isaac," Eve added after several moments of silence. Surprisingly, Magdalene was quiet, and only nodded her agreement with a careful smile.

And then the wall behind Isaac exploded. The loud bang had both girls covering their heads, but they were safe at their position across the room. As the shaking subsided, a tiny collar, now torn into pieces, gently fell to the ground.

From behind the large hole that the explosion had created, which was still smoking and dropping pieces of stone and splintered bone, came an empty-eyed skeleton. He stood beside the radiating circle of ash that marked where the bomb he'd placed had been.

To the girls, he offered a salute. It had taken him a while, but he'd finally found the room they'd been trapped in!
Maybe he'd taken a little too long. They both looked very upset with him.

catboi
has been killed. They were
Isaac
, and a member of the
town

Farkran
visited
Hectic
last night.

Flea The Magician
visited
Hectic
last night.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.0

Costello (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
Flea The Magician (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
Costello, Farkran, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician, madeline, bugspray, Hectic

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-07 20:34:25).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Costello »

VOTE: Farkran