Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 823, MathBlade wrote:Do a VCA with me town Grendel scum. Your life will be easier. Promise. You’ll see why.
I never do a VCA based on my own reads, much less someone elses. Unless you have a guilty, I'm not doing that. Doubly, it's too early for a VCA given day 2 and no contested scum elimination.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 824, Titus wrote:
In post 754, MathBlade wrote:Hey Grendel, Dann, and Titus simple yes no did you do something last night?

This is a you pick and I have a reason for asking.

Would love your initial gut reads too.
I am not going to answer this just because you have a reason. I see no reason to answer this. I don't see how this helps town.

I want to see Grendel post, because Math has so much invested into him being scummy but no one else sees it. If Grendel is town, then I'll want to see if this is town!Math or scum!Math. If Grendel is scum, I never see Math as scum.

NK15 also hasn't posted yet since I have arrived. Is that a lurker elimination or is there something more to it?
Loyalty is rewarded.

My flavor is a dog.

What do some professions normally ride with? Dogs. Lots of them.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

Now you can think of my as “silly”

But Grendel is scum and we will be eliminating him.

This is not a negotiation.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

You’re better of pretending Grendel is scum if you don’t believe me then in 24 hours less work. Trust me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Fuck I have alluded to it already too heavily

https://www.celebritydachshund.com/2015 ... und-video/

^^ another self portrait

Loyal motion detector

No results on Grendel

Ergo Grendel is scum. Please hunt other scum today.

My phone is about to die.

I will stand on this hill. Crumbs available and already quoted.

VOTE: Grendel
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 351, MathBlade wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
Opposite alignment to Porkens I think.
Good post if Porkens is scum. I would flip Porkens first every time.
*snuggles next to C*
In post 736, MathBlade wrote:I think if it was hammer VCs are gonna be weird.

*sniffs at Grendel*

Do you have a reads list?
All of the snuggles and sniffs were debating who to check.

Disloyal without the dis was a crumb I am loyal.

Grey then comments about bitching about disloyalty and I am more than happy to take him up on that maybe. Or maybe not ;)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

I really was trying to build a townblock with a universal read and be wrong but alas this is not the case.

Grendel can meme now.

Someone defending Grendel is scum with probably Grey and/or Titus
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 822, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 820, Titus wrote:Guys, can we try to keep the double or more posts in a row under control? I get I'm a guilty offender but it makes it really hard to catch up on my lunch break. I know I catch up with multiple posts in a row, but quite a few are not catchups but people posting impulsively and it makes it harder to read.
You've clearly not had the Mafiascum European Player (TM) experience:

*Writes some posts* - barely anyone replies as they're all at work

*Goes to bed* - everyone in the western hemisphere finishes work, gets online and spews content everywah
This is such a fkin mood... I'll be online line 6 hours idly checking up, go to sleep, boom 8+ pages and its like "... fuck."
Why'd you think I used to do my wall catchups? Aint got the energy to keep those up with how often I'm unwell lately.
In post 829, MathBlade wrote:Fuck I have alluded to it already too heavily

https://www.celebritydachshund.com/2015 ... und-video/

^^ another self portrait

Loyal motion detector

No results on Grendel

Ergo Grendel is scum. Please hunt other scum today.

My phone is about to die.

I will stand on this hill. Crumbs available and already quoted.

I caught your crumbs, but no results on Grendel mean nothing happened, no target and not targeted right?
You'd get the same result on me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

No results = scum
Went nowhere = town with no action

Grendel is scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am

I'm not seeing anything indicative of a claim from Grendel about night actions, that said having a look there seems to be quite a bit off with reads progression.

PEDIT: My understanding of motion detector is you get a result if they visit someone or someone visits them, correct? meaning the result isn't much to go on unless you're able to directly counterclaim that with the information you have.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am

I mean I'm kinda game for it at this point as it's kinda locked you in 1vs1 as TvS so one of you is lying, and I've known you make some ballsy plays before Math, including an outright pocket on me
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 834, Flea The Magician wrote:I'm not seeing anything indicative of a claim from Grendel about night actions, that said having a look there seems to be quite a bit off with reads progression.

PEDIT: My understanding of motion detector is you get a result if they visit someone or someone visits them, correct? meaning the result isn't much to go on unless you're able to directly counterclaim that with the information you have.
The available results are
No results = scum or I was roleblocked (unlikely due to Jake’s flip)
Went nowhere = confirmed town didn’t act
Went somewhere = confirmed town did something

I was joshing to see if I could get Grendel to post something useful.

Your understanding is bad it’s just a matter of if it’s intentional.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

I mean I'm inclined to believe this on the balance of probability (and the fact that if Math is scum here, they are at best getting 1 for 1).

I'll flick through the game so far over the next couple of days to see how it reads from a grendel!scum perspective.

@Titus, ref NK15 - just check their ISO, it's not long.

Night all :)
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Probs worth getting the mod to confirm that they would give a 'No result' in the hypothetical scenario of a Loyal Motion Detector targeting scum to make sure that the result has been given out correctly btw (ie they've spotted the nuance between No Result and No Motion). After the whole fiasco in Bears, I've learned that mods are human beings too, and not infallible (although GE is a top lad for sure :P).
cassowary
cassowary
she/they
Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by cassowary »

I'm getting the impression that Math already asked the mod about this, but Math, can you explicitly confirm that you got this info on the possible results direct from the mod, to avoid any weir potential confusion?

I'm good to vote grendel on this too, though. Seems like a result that's hard to excuse. Sorry grendel :(

"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 838, Marky Mark wrote:Probs worth getting the mod to confirm that they would give a 'No result' in the hypothetical scenario of a Loyal Motion Detector targeting scum to make sure that the result has been given out correctly btw (ie they've spotted the nuance between No Result and No Motion). After the whole fiasco in Bears, I've learned that mods are human beings too, and not infallible (although GE is a top lad for sure :P).
I already sent him confirmation of my expectation before the receiving the results.

If in some moonlogicky world Grendel is town I was roleblocked which I doubt.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This way Gamma could correct this before it became an issue. Loyal motion detector is actually really OP.

I made the motion detector obvious so scum would think I was a weak PR and not kill me even taunting them they should because scum don’t listen to that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:28 pm

In post 836, MathBlade wrote:
In post 834, Flea The Magician wrote:I'm not seeing anything indicative of a claim from Grendel about night actions, that said having a look there seems to be quite a bit off with reads progression.

I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of multiple roleblockers. Went somewhere could indicate scum performing an action too afaik. If not grendel, then who?

I dont see scum you getting this latched on if I'm honest, I'm going to check votes and see whats happening.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 825, Titus wrote:
In post 823, MathBlade wrote:Do a VCA with me town Grendel scum. Your life will be easier. Promise. You’ll see why.
I never do a VCA based on my own reads, much less someone elses. Unless you have a guilty, I'm not doing that. Doubly, it's too early for a VCA given day 2 and no contested scum elimination.
You can do that VCA now ;)

Looking forward to it. Day shouldn’t end without this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 842, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 836, MathBlade wrote:

I wouldn't eliminate the possibility of multiple roleblockers. Went somewhere could indicate scum performing an action too afaik. If not grendel, then who?

I dont see scum you getting this latched on if I'm honest, I'm going to check votes and see whats happening.
No. If I get some motion happened the person is town due to the loyal modifier.

I am a cop in all but name only. This is so scum who probably have a rolecop don’t find me. Because depending on the rolecop I would show up as “motion detector” lol motion detector in a UPick can leave that alone. :P
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:32 pm

*Pulls on a woolly jumper*

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm

I misunderstood the loyal aspect apparently. Not a modifier i've seen before in fairness
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'd like to post some more reads before nightfall and I want time for others to get to post too so maybe don't hammer just yet

I'm spiritually on Grendel
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

honestly I wish you had held the guilty in your pants long enough for more people to post / wagons to form

would have been informative
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok a loyal role failing makes sense for a guilty, particularly with a roleblocker flipped.

I'll get to the VCA as soon as my brain powers on to do it and I'm caught up in all my games.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”