Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

And yes Pooky if scum only goes in the question Mark but Pooky has been utter shit from his town game and shows 0 attempts to solve who is scum with me despite having a fucking huge ISO.

Could be scum or could just be complete and utter shit this game.

BM and Titus are scum though pretty much ride or die.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Prism »

Still curious about the "one of bork/Prism but not both" comment, Math. This implies Prism town->Bork scum, which is very ???, the reasoning for Bork town->Prism scum is also a bit weird but makes sense with just a scumread on me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 998, MathBlade wrote:
In post 991, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 955, SirCakez wrote:I wonder if this is the game where Battle Mage and I are town together :)
eh maybe

i've changed my mind on Math. Math-town tends to have a bit more focus (even if not always in the right direction). His approach today feels less discerning like "elim anybody but me". Survival first.

VOTE: mathblade
What you’re reading is more outright depression

I am trying to provide something of value here

But like I feel completely depressed here.

Each time I try to post a thought people just spam “Math’s scum” without any context or reasoning or “not cooperating” when I don’t join the wagon on the other player.

No one is really trying for another wagon and it’s just depressing. I feel like people are putting more effort into kicking me down than finding who scum actually is.

The only player who has even remotely tried to scum case me is Bell and that’s why he’s a townread of mine.

Like it’s sad. There’s no case on me it’s literally “Math didn’t post fast” and we hate Math.

Anyone on me should be justifying their vote. BM’s math is survivalistic is crap. If I was survivalistic I would be on Dunn. The vote from BM is only after I said I would do BM or Titus.

This site RVS fucking sucks and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
i maintained throughout that you were town dude, and gave my reasons. Then I saw you indiscriminately going for anyone and everyone you thought might gain traction, and I feel like my original take may have been wrong. Your retort above in response to that is lame, because frankly you know I'm right, and trivialising it and complaining that I'm bad faithing you is not credible. In simple terms, you obviously don't care who is elimmed today, and that is scummy. And at worst, you're town who transparently couldn't give a crap about finding scum, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it either way.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 893, Dunnstral wrote:Ask math, not me.

But it looks like they are saying that I was saying they were having a meltdown, which is not true. That could also be directed as jsut SirCakez so I'm not really sure.
how is it a reason for math being scum then if you aren't super clear on it either? this is why i was asking you and not him
beefycheese
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1001, MathBlade wrote: BM and Titus are scum though pretty much ride or die.
looks like it's gonna be "die" for you then buddy
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1002, Prism wrote:Still curious about the "one of bork/Prism but not both" comment, Math. This implies Prism town->Bork scum, which is very ???, the reasoning for Bork town->Prism scum is also a bit weird but makes sense with just a scumread on me.
It’s mainly because of the confirmation.

If you’re town he did it in a way that only makes sense to you. Not the thread.

I don’t buy your flavor claim that’s VT. Helena Wells was an inventor. Starting with an artifact makes sense but not the one you said. Probably shoulda started with the grappling gun or vest. She was distraught for many reasons.

Too many pieces don’t add up here. They make sense to you if you’re town but not us.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

on a non-mathblade point, it's interesting how many people seem to be throwing Titus' name in near the bottom of their reads. ordinarily i'd say maybe it indicates some distancing, but last time it happened Titus was just town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 900, sangres wrote:Me? I was a mason. I can spend day 1 trolling random people, refuse to give reasoning for my reads, generally annoy people, and make it look like I'm a possible mislynch. I can start a random pissing contest with Deacon Blues, even though I'm 90% on them being town. I was literally lynch-proof (seriously, on day 2 I was confirmed town to 4 of the 10 players. 6 were needed for lynch).
i'm not sure i ever internalized that post when it was originally made. point taken i guess; i still don't love the "town for being reasonable" take as it seems too, sigh, "surface level" in that i find it hard to believe it comes from someone who actually gives a shit about getting the right answer
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1003, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 998, MathBlade wrote:
In post 991, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 955, SirCakez wrote:I wonder if this is the game where Battle Mage and I are town together :)
eh maybe

i've changed my mind on Math. Math-town tends to have a bit more focus (even if not always in the right direction). His approach today feels less discerning like "elim anybody but me". Survival first.

VOTE: mathblade
What you’re reading is more outright depression

I am trying to provide something of value here

But like I feel completely depressed here.

Each time I try to post a thought people just spam “Math’s scum” without any context or reasoning or “not cooperating” when I don’t join the wagon on the other player.

No one is really trying for another wagon and it’s just depressing. I feel like people are putting more effort into kicking me down than finding who scum actually is.

The only player who has even remotely tried to scum case me is Bell and that’s why he’s a townread of mine.

Like it’s sad. There’s no case on me it’s literally “Math didn’t post fast” and we hate Math.

Anyone on me should be justifying their vote. BM’s math is survivalistic is crap. If I was survivalistic I would be on Dunn. The vote from BM is only after I said I would do BM or Titus.

This site RVS fucking sucks and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
i maintained throughout that you were town dude, and gave my reasons. Then I saw you indiscriminately going for anyone and everyone you thought might gain traction, and I feel like my original take may have been wrong. Your retort above in response to that is lame, because frankly you know I'm right, and trivialising it and complaining that I'm bad faithing you is not credible. In simple terms, you obviously don't care who is elimmed today, and that is scummy. And at worst, you're town who transparently couldn't give a crap about finding scum, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it either way.
That’s literally fucking crap and you know it. I am going for my scumreads who might get traction. I could slip into my scum meta and get Dunn hammered or like in D1 on Boonskiies where I replaced into a slot that should be miselimmed I treated the slot as dead.

Not here. If you think I am scum what’s the difference?
I can’t be paired with Dunn different things happening. Look at how I never voted Gamma when he was the wagon (or if I did it was brief).
So if I am not paired with Dunn why am I not voting there.

You’re completely wrong and trying to paint me as not giving a damn.

I am depressed that every fucking RVS someone picks on me for easy bait.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Prism »

Well, take it up with penguin_alien, I hate to break it to you but this is not the official Warehouse 13 themed rollercoaster that chronologically takes us through the highs and lows of the series park, faithful to the canon above all else, and this isn't role madness/uPick.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

And if you think I am town BM you shouldn’t be voting me period.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1010, Prism wrote:Well, take it up with penguin_alien, I hate to break it to you but this is not the official Warehouse 13 themed rollercoaster that chronologically takes us through the highs and lows of the series park, faithful to the canon above all else, and this isn't role madness/uPick.
This is why I take it up with YOU.

Because you’re trying to say your flavor confirms you as town because it’s faithful.

But then saying it’s not is bad.

So you’re either town with a bad plan and Bork doesn’t want to make you look town that you are

OR

You’re scum and thought this could work and no flavor knowledgeable people on your team which confirms a shit ton of people as town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 932, mastina wrote:3: I believe Prism's flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe HG Wells would be a VT.

5: I believe the flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe that makes the claim town. Everyone who watched the show probably remembers how HG Wells ended up, as a retired warehouse agent more or less...but did they forget that HG Wells spent an entire season as THE series Big Bad? Whose opening episode on the show was killing the series' long-established Big Bad? Not out of heroism, but to show how she was eviler and more insane than the first Big Bad? (Whole, sorting algorithm of evil, thing; she killed the previous big bad to show that she was a worse threat than the previous big bad.)
these arguments strain the bounds of credulity

you've been on this site for how long? you know how flavor -> role mapping generally works in that it's not usually reverse engineered with that kind of brush

I haven't seen the show but from the wiki it seems like she had a redemption arc and developed an emotional/pseudo-romantic bond with certain main character so that character goes in the bucket of "things town gets / scum gets as fakeclaims" and not "things scum gets"
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

It’s not a “gradient”. Either your flavor claim IS faithful enough to be scrutinized and confirm you or it isn’t.

If it isn’t then randomly picking someone and giving them a powerful artifact is very very stupid if you’re town

I just think town Prism doesn’t potentially give an artifact to scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Prism »

90% sure it's better to out it now that I don't have it, even though I think bork is town.

Trident is a targeted day-phase PT blocker. The negative effect is it blocks your own PT usage the following
night
. I suspect, but have not asked p_a, that this would hypothetically enable you to dodge a PT cop.

P-Edit: My flavor is
possibly indicative
depending on who the scumteam is. This is black/white depending on the p_a's whims. I guessed that it might be, and realized I could utilize my artifact in an interesting way to instantly flavorclaim. I'm not autotown for my flavor, I'm possibly town for it, and the fact that I was willing to instantly perform a mechanical flavor claim to another player is alignment indicative.

I can't justify p_a's mechanical/flavor decisions to a third party, I only know what they are
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So scum have day chat this confirms LLD as town masons otherwise there’s no reason for game balance and therefore Mastina is scum buddying me and you and Bork are town and it’s Mastina/Titus/BM+ one maybe Quiet.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Which means LLD picked on me for no fucking good reason.

Lovely.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1011, MathBlade wrote:And if you think I am town BM you shouldn’t be voting me period.
i don't think you're town as i already said and I'm not getting into some heated exchange with you - if you wanna rant and rave, knock yourself out.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 994, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:We should totally run that Nuke Meme game back tho :>
Hell, I think I could probably manage to run that one. If I get the mental energy I'll volunteer :P

Right now a few mafia games is about my limit.

As for my flavor, I don't think it's really indicative of much, but it's been a damn long time since I watched the show. I'm not sure this game is flavor breakable.

TBH I don't actually remember what my character did on the show so I can't even tell if it's flavor accurate.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

remind me after the game math, and i'll give you some advice
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm sorry-you saw I started with a scum-utility artifact, and suddenly I'm town? What just happened?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1015, Prism wrote:Trident is a targeted day-phase PT blocker. The negative effect is it blocks your own PT usage the following night.
Confirming this is all accurate, although there's another aspect to it as well that limits it.

I'd not have gotten to the "possibly dodges the PT cop" thing you were trying to guide me to pick on, frankly, as not being able to post in the PT doesn't equate to not a member of it, to me, but not super germane at this point.
beefycheese
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

There’s such a remote chance you’re scum with that gonna town block you because of the powers.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1021, Prism wrote:I'm sorry-you saw I started with a scum-utility artifact, and suddenly I'm town? What just happened?
Scum you doesn’t give it away + a combination of LLD outed mason. You’d give it to a buddy.

So if you’re scum you’re scum with Bork

Which is kinda stupid on so many fronts it solves itself
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'm also not sure I've ingested enough drugs to understand Mathblade's posts.

In, like, my life.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”