Goon
cassowary
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:48 am

Post by cassowary »

I'm wondering about the excess death last night as well. I want to say the Kop kill was town-motivated, because IIRC Fidget/Kop were fairly widely suspected, and Fidget might very well have been eliminated had she not swapped out. I wonder if it's the consequence of an overzealous townie who thought they'd spotted scum early on. Just seems like a weird choice for a scum-motivated kill, since I feel like scum would have wanted to push Kop as a suspect day 2.
"i can't relate to this world, i'm not bored enough"
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 975, cassowary wrote:I'm wondering about the excess death last night as well. I want to say the Kop kill was town-motivated, because IIRC Fidget/Kop were fairly widely suspected, and Fidget might very well have been eliminated had she not swapped out. I wonder if it's the consequence of an overzealous townie who thought they'd spotted scum early on. Just seems like a weird choice for a scum-motivated kill, since I feel like scum would have wanted to push Kop as a suspect day 2.
Preach. Kop seems like a fairly reasonable vig target to me n1. That explanation feels more likely than Grendel not mentioning his killer passive ability and then kop deciding to visit him to try and deathblock him or similar and dying.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VC
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm actually a vig with a modifier that scum could exploit. Hence why I was coy about full claiming.

But yes kop was my kill. It was a combination of finding fidget scummy, and their sub in being a lurker at EoD. I felt like even if they were town at least it was a non-contributive town instead of an active poster
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Grendel »

Flea is just weird town
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

Everyone thought my reply to Markymark’s case on the NK
15 slot was genuine, but actually I was being sarcastic. I didn’t feel the way Marky worded it sounded particularly like a scum case. I’m of the opinion that scum generally don’t intentionally misrep as often as people think they do. But now that I’ve gone back and read myself I think I was just still having trouble with markymarks style and I can see where he’s coming from, although NK15 is more null for me than anything else

To the rest of my reads:

Now I will say I Flea hasn’t done anything strongly town individually, but fae have had a consistently towny attitude towards the game in a lot of small ways IMO. I think fae fall into the camp of townies doing outrageous things

Am coming around on Markymark, in fact that read has reversed completely.

Liking Cassowary/markymark/mathblade/misty/flea as town

I believe that leaves Titus/GreyICE/Nk15/Jesse Pierce

Grendel is in his own category for now. Just btw I don’t think the emotion displayed, whether read genuine or not, is more or less likely to come from town than scum

I suppose the only in danger in letting Grendel live to get resolved by the vig is the world in which mafia have a protective role?

v not clear to me what the mechanical best play is. I don’t think we ever ask for a counter claim though
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 978, Grendel wrote:I'm actually a vig with a modifier that scum could exploit. Hence why I was coy about full claiming.

But yes kop was my kill. It was a combination of finding fidget scummy, and their sub in being a lurker at EoD. I felt like even if they were town at least it was a non-contributive town instead of an active poster
Pft no you didn't. F off.

Math are you done with the day so we can lynch this.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

Not personal Grendel, just you claimed a killing role in response to a day 2 guilty.

That's never NOT been the right thing to do with our vote in the history of mafiascum.

I truly wish you'd gotten the town role PM and one of our 'post two whole post and then flake' derpas got themselves a red one.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 976, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 975, cassowary wrote:I'm wondering about the excess death last night as well. I want to say the Kop kill was town-motivated, because IIRC Fidget/Kop were fairly widely suspected, and Fidget might very well have been eliminated had she not swapped out. I wonder if it's the consequence of an overzealous townie who thought they'd spotted scum early on. Just seems like a weird choice for a scum-motivated kill, since I feel like scum would have wanted to push Kop as a suspect day 2.
Preach. Kop seems like a fairly reasonable vig target to me n1. That explanation feels more likely than Grendel not mentioning his killer passive ability and then kop deciding to visit him to try and deathblock him or similar and dying.
I agree one of Kop or Jake was probably vigged.

I just don’t think it was by Grendel or Grendel is a scum vig.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 981, GreyICE wrote:
In post 978, Grendel wrote:I'm actually a vig with a modifier that scum could exploit. Hence why I was coy about full claiming.

Others are actually posting now. I wanna see where they go.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

p. sure 7 players voted to deadline Jake
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 985, GreyICE wrote:p. sure 7 players voted to deadline Jake
Pretty sure I had a brain fart and meant Vax XD
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Crumbs please?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 987, Marky Mark wrote:

Crumbs please?
Why would a vig claim ever crumb?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 856, Titus wrote:Math would you be willing to check my biggest VCA suspect to help me out if scum kill Misty and not you? It's a long shot to say we'll both be alive so you can get your result to me, but I'm just asking here.
You’re a VCA player without a VCA on scum Grendel.

Titus give us a reason you shouldn’t be vigged if vig isn’t Grendel.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 986, MathBlade wrote:
In post 985, GreyICE wrote:p. sure 7 players voted to deadline Jake
Pretty sure I had a brain fart and meant Vax XD
Ah that makes more sense lol

I'm like 99.999992% sure that if one of the two was vigged it was Kop.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 989, MathBlade wrote:
In post 856, Titus wrote:Math would you be willing to check my biggest VCA suspect to help me out if scum kill Misty and not you? It's a long shot to say we'll both be alive so you can get your result to me, but I'm just asking here.

Grendel's pushing me as scum for not falling for his bait.
I don't upsell my VCA. I follow it when I can, but I'll never say VCA shows something when I don't believe it to be true.

I am working on reads but if I get vigged them's the breaks.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Mistyx »

kop was a much more sensical vig than vax

grendel, do you have a flavor that can fly?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 49, Grendel wrote:I think Vax's flavor being mentioned in the write up points to them being town crier? (E.i. a role that gets to post notes in the mod's flavor)
In post 33, Vaxkiller wrote:A SMALL ONE that puny mortals would not comprehend.
im curious what the push for flavor claims is about. Im inclined to TR Vax for it for reasons im not prepared to talk about yet.

Also curious why Porken/Mystix were both so evasive about role claiming if they both feel its non-ai here.

/-/-/-/-/-

My flavor is my namesake btw. Super stoked since the flavor of this game is loosely tied to a game on my homesite where I got Beowulf as my flavor. It all comes full circle.
:)
My flavor is Grendel from the epic of Beowulf. I basically claimed in the above quote, but as i expected the general population's knowledge on old texts is limited enough that this could basically be a crumb more so then an out right claim lol.

my night action is that i kill and eat a player each night phase. Which i guess sounds scummy, but functionally im just a vig.

I couldnt have targeted Vax last night. Grendel is a ground bound creature.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 981, GreyICE wrote:

This will look really bad when i flip town

You never adderessed the post where i asked you stuff. Can you do that please?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 991, Titus wrote:
In post 989, MathBlade wrote:

Grendel's pushing me as scum for not falling for his bait.
I don't upsell my VCA. I follow it when I can, but I'll never say VCA shows something when I don't believe it to be true.

I am working on reads but if I get vigged them's the breaks.
I was baiting you? where? :/
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 982, GreyICE wrote:Not personal Grendel, just you claimed a killing role in response to a day 2 guilty.

That's never NOT been the right thing to do with our vote in the history of mafiascum.

I truly wish you'd gotten the town role PM and one of our 'post two whole post and then flake' derpas got themselves a red one.
Actually i claimed like almost immediately after Math's false positive. You didnt have anyhting to say about it then. I wonder why that is.

You were reading the game weren't you? :cop:

Your desire to end the day phase asap is just rubbing me the wrong way the more i think about it.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 980, Dannflor wrote:Everyone thought my reply to Markymark’s case on the NK
15 slot was genuine, but actually I was being sarcastic. I didn’t feel the way Marky worded it sounded particularly like a scum case. I’m of the opinion that scum generally don’t intentionally misrep as often as people think they do. But now that I’ve gone back and read myself I think I was just still having trouble with markymarks style and I can see where he’s coming from, although NK15 is more null for me than anything else

To the rest of my reads:

Now I will say I Flea hasn’t done anything strongly town individually, but fae have had a consistently towny attitude towards the game in a lot of small ways IMO. I think fae fall into the camp of townies doing outrageous things

Am coming around on Markymark, in fact that read has reversed completely.

Liking Cassowary/markymark/mathblade/misty/flea as town

I believe that leaves Titus/GreyICE/Nk15/Jesse Pierce

Grendel is in his own category for now. Just btw I don’t think the emotion displayed, whether read genuine or not, is more or less likely to come from town than scum

I suppose the only in danger in letting Grendel live to get resolved by the vig is the world in which mafia have a protective role?

v not clear to me what the mechanical best play is. I don’t think we ever ask for a counter claim though
There will never be a cc b/c i am the real vig lol

why is Cass in your town bloc?

I agree w/ the rest there being town (Mark, Math. Mistx. Flea)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I can’t believe I am about to say this but I kinda don’t want to elim Grendel even though I should. Like Grendel’s reads sync up with mine too much. Who wants to be stupid and flash wagon Grey ICE or Titus?

Not sure which atm
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i want to but i also feel like not flipping me is dangerous long term.

Like if we are wrong on scum today then im getting flipped tomarrow 100% right? God...
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”