Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

Maybe I’m turning over a new leaf where I patronise people who are incapable of reading me or unwilling to do so instead of screaming

We think the wagon on us is scummotivated but we’re not sure of scum are supporting or leading on it. I’ve also said literally ok Themis page that infinity is probably town as much as I dislike his approach here

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3073, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3069, Bridgeburners wrote:Have you considered the fact that your main scumread being based on “vague pings” might be a pretty shitty way to approach the game?
I don't want to argue mafia theory but I don't think most scumtells are very useful
“I don’t want to argue mafia theory” he said, arguing mafia theory

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3074, Isis wrote:I was hoping to find some of that unfabricated frustration that I feel is missing from your gameplay this game.
I don’t think u get to complain about me being toxic in games any more if you’re actively trying to provoke me in order to sort me

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

Which is also kind of fucked, I might add, but I’m not really sure how else to interpret that sentence

-QB
First in, last out
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3075, Bridgeburners wrote:Maybe I’m turning over a new leaf where I patronise people who are incapable of reading me or unwilling to do so instead of screaming
Hi! I hit that stage around year 2.
<(") | (")>
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

Like in the light of you scumreading us for objectively bad reasons ever since early D1 and then broadly refusing to engage on them (I think skitt said there was some explanation today but I missed it and haven’t gone back through yet)

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3079, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 3075, Bridgeburners wrote:Maybe I’m turning over a new leaf where I patronise people who are incapable of reading me or unwilling to do so instead of screaming
Hi! I hit that stage around year 2.
I seek only to follow in your footsteps, senpai

-QB
First in, last out
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3077, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 3074, Isis wrote:I was hoping to find some of that unfabricated frustration that I feel is missing from your gameplay this game.
I don’t think u get to complain about me being toxic in games any more if you’re actively trying to provoke me in order to sort me

-QB
This is where I'd go "what an awful misrep look how scummy mena is" if I believed in that kinda shit
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

(she's trying to draw out frustration that already exists not provoke you)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

If she knows that my frustration is from being wrongly read as scum when town, and has been reading my slot as scum since early D1 when not many other people were

How is that not trying to provoke frustration instead of just “draw it out”

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

That’s p much the *explicit* reason why I mentioned the importance of context

-QB
First in, last out
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Isis »

We think the wagon on us is scummotivated but we’re not sure of scum are supporting or leading on it. I’ve also said literally ok Themis page that infinity is probably town as much as I dislike his approach here

-QB
ok, i hope you'll be understanding when i have to apply occam's razor here, since you'll only have turning point meta shifts in a fifth of your games or so

-QB
I was asking about frustration you might already be feeling, but hadn't commented on. E.g., /*Isis, Infinity, and S_S are all playing wrong, but they are not observing the faults in eachother's behavior either which means we can lose this game even if we have good reads*/ being in your hydra PT but not brought out to the thread yet for me to follow your thoughts. I'm not sure how you're reaching this interpretation where I'm trying to provoke you.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

So curious as to why this didn’t happen earlier....isis....
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Isis »

As an example, you were very frustrated with my play day 1-3 of Alisae v Pine but you weren't toxic about it during those phases (maybe the whole game, can't recall for sure). I think that's fine mafia.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3087, PenguinPower wrote:So curious as to why this didn’t happen earlier....isis....
what are you asking?
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3084, Bridgeburners wrote:If she knows that my frustration is from being wrongly read as scum when town, and has been reading my slot as scum since early D1 when not many other people were

-QB
? I was talking specifically about
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3089, Isis wrote:
In post 3087, PenguinPower wrote:So curious as to why this didn’t happen earlier....isis....
what are you asking?
Mainly why the game state was comfortable with an implosion wagon to the point of most people not saying much of anything and then once it became likely for the elimination to be pushed through there is this rush to a new wagon with a lot of discussion about why this should be the wagon and prior desire for it.

Paragraphs upon paragraphs.

Seems like that could have been done previously and the timing is weird....no?
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Isis »

I did see Prism pretend to scumread someone he didn't actually scumread to provoke an emotional reaction and then sort that response, once. I don't ever play mafia that way. I don't think it's the best way to win, at least for me.
"Well, I..."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I’ll read responses in the morning. Bedtime.

Gnight.
<(") | (")>
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3091, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 3089, Isis wrote:
what are you asking?
Mainly why the game state was comfortable with an implosion wagon to the point of most people not saying much of anything and then once it became likely for the elimination to be pushed through there is this rush to a new wagon with a lot of discussion about why this should be the wagon and prior desire for it.

Paragraphs upon paragraphs.

Seems like that could have been done previously and the timing is weird....no?
Infinity's support is important to me. I'm not actually confident enough that I would dayvig skiddeR through the objectives of Infinity and a couple other townreads, even if immediately after some BB posts I might feel that way. So I guess maybe you'd have to ask Infinity why his vote moved.
"Well, I..."
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3086, Isis wrote:

-QB
1 ok, i hope you'll be understanding when i have to apply occam's razor here, since you'll only have turning point meta shifts in a fifth of your games or so

-QB
2 I was asking about frustration you might already be feeling, but hadn't commented on. E.g., /*Isis, Infinity, and S_S are all playing wrong, 3 but they are not observing the faults in eachother's behavior either which means we can lose this game even if we have good reads*/ 4 being in your hydra PT but not brought out to the thread yet for me to follow your thoughts. I'm 5 not sure how you're reaching this interpretation where I'm trying to provoke you.
(1) i mean I’m pretty sure there’s a decent subsection of games where I don’t get yell-y about being wrongly scumread while town so your whole occam’s thing is based on p selective meta

(2) okay, i guess that makes more sense

(3) it’s hard to say observing the faults in each other’s behaviour when none of you have reasons in the first place

(4) part of why I’m more chill here than sometimes is bc I’ve just been disengaged due to irl, but also bc I’ve been able to vent about the things annoying me in main thread to skitt in PT

(5) I don’t know how to help you with this other than saying you were looking for frustration in my play coupled with the way you’ve approached our slot all game lends itself to that interpretation. I now see the other way of looking at it tho, so thanks for explaining i guess

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3090, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3084, Bridgeburners wrote:If she knows that my frustration is from being wrongly read as scum when town, and has been reading my slot as scum since early D1 when not many other people were

-QB
? I was talking specifically about
Yes I realise this now, I thought her comment about looking for frustration was meant in a more general sense than in “that’s what I was looking for specifically with post 3061”

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 3094, Isis wrote:So I guess maybe you'd have to ask Infinity why his vote moved.
To which the answer was “vague gutpings and isis can explain it better than I ever could”

r u beginning to see the problem here?

-QB
First in, last out
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3052, Bridgeburners wrote:Isn’t it fun how isis, infinity, and S_S all evaporate when asked to substantiate their views
Ah yeah, I forgot about the rule that if you don't explain something after 12 hours, you don't have to explain it at all.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Isis »

yeah, the best reason to vote you happened mid/early day 1.

The timing of Infinity's shift kind of makes no sense at all.

I just townread him anyway.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”