Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1523, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1519, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: BM
VOTE: Dunn
VOTE: Mastina
VOTE: Titus << will rescind if she rescinds her defeatist shit

Someone’s gotta be brave enough to do the first vote. That’s where I wanna go.

Flash Battle Mage?
Uhhhhhh

Weren't you calling Titus scum before her defeatist shit?

Since then she's posted "playing is way too hard and the game is all stacked against the town, woe is us, there's no point in townies even trying." And now you're willing to unvote her?

Holy fuck.

You go right back into the scum pile if Titus is
scum
because this is fucking awful. In point of fact if Titus is scum I'd love to see your ass vigged tonight because damn it'd feel good to get another red flip.

And it's a large, you better believe there's some goddamn vigs.
I am waffling. I am willing to unvote her.. Maybe I am a sap for it because she’s my sister. Quite honestly I would love being vigged. Seeing LLD eat crow and then realize I helped build a massive town block she can use to carry this game would be awesome. She’d actually have to communicate with people and that would be worth it. All I do is what I think is best. If I die I die, I helped build what will likely have us win. And I am okay if I die after that and whoever vigged me would be an idiot.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Bell »

I remember when Mathblade was defeatist before Titus was even thinking defeatist thoughts this game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore if someone vigs me the “sucky” me
That kinda confirms BM/Dunn/Titus/You/Quiet/Mastina PoE (you’re in there because of the threatened vig and I know who a mason is and it’s not you. Unless this is fake to throw off scum)

So “vig” me. I dare you.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by mastina »

Fair warning/reminder: I am incredibly V/LA due to lifeguarding stuff. However, have some time so can do this.
In post 1307, sangres wrote:her case for HG being scum flavor really is simplistically awful. HG is driven to do terrible things in season 2 because of overwhelming grief and a sense of being lost in a horrible, evil, irredemable time instead of the golden age that the steampunk-y science fiction genre she wrote expected. She doesn't come to her senses at the moment of death, but from a place of pure reason and love. She doesn't covet artifacts for power and control. She doesn't sell artifacts to people who will use them for personal aggrandizement. She isn't warped by artifacts. She's a flawed, redeemable and ultimately redeemed human being who goes on to do good. A lot of good.
My case isn't flavor.
My case is based off of the game mechanics:
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:4) A significant mechanic in this game is the distribution of Artifacts. The abilities they grant are all one-shot and work by the following rules:
Two Artifacts are presented to the Mafia at the start of the Night phase. They pick one to keep by the end of the Night phase (along with a recipient for it, among their faction or elsewhere) and one that will go to the game thread at the start of the Morning, where the living players will vote on the recipient of that Artifact decided by plurality. The Morning will end if a majority vote is reached for the Artifact recipient.
Prism started with an artifact, the trident. And passed this to bork overnight.
Scum started with an artifact that they could choose the recipient of.
The trident was in use during the time HG Wells was a villain.
HG Wells being a VT who starts with the trident both flavorwise and mechanically-wise makes less sense than HG being scum who passed the trident along.

Combine that with Prism deliberately altering their play this game, along with nothing Prism's said/done in all of their content being town (in fact, Prism's self-admitted change in style to be aggressive is something that has caused Prism's content to be aggressively null).

Mechanically, it makes more sense for Prism to be scum than town, and that is backed up by Prism's playstyle this game.

And yes, no matter how much you will say she was redeemed and wasn't truly villainous and all that--she literally spent two centuries bronzed, in containment, in confinement; she didn't get bronzed initially for being a good virtuous agent wrongly imprisoned; she got bronzed because
she was a threat to the warehouse
. And when she was unbronzed, she was STILL a threat to the warehouse. She was redeemed, yes. But why is it more likely that penguin_alien chose her time after redemption for her, than penguin_alien chose her time before redemption for her?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Like I sympathize with major depressive disorder. I do. FFS I have some personal experience. But I imagine random.org decided who was town and scum, it didn't get handed out to the happiest people.

The only posts that Titus posted that have felt genuine to me, the actual only ones, were the ones where she's discussing her depression. I think she is being incredibly genuine about that, and I sympathize with her, and it sucks. But look at this shit!
In post 468, Titus wrote:*eats popcorn*
In post 1260, Titus wrote:Working on my catchup now. It's going to be interrupted at points. Bear with me. I'm using a couple hours before my doctor's appointment.
NOTE: Next post is 1264, meaning she posted just to let us know she was starting catchup.
In post 1347, Titus wrote: The popularity contest for artifacts encourages the lying for power. Then the post limit creates a tradegy of the commons situation with posting.

Every post I make takes a post from someone else. Players like Math don't get that. He sucks day 1 too and he spams. He doesn't work with others. I think his level of crazy is town this game but I have been burned before.

I guess what I need is hope. I don't see where it is.
Like how did we go from "*Eats Popcorn*" and 'hey starting my catchup' to "everyone is spamming and wasting our precious posts, and every one I make takes one from the rest of ussssss and we're all so dooomed"
In post 1524, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1518, GreyICE wrote:Hello hydra! You've been remarkably silent! Glad you decided to give us some activity day 1.
lol what

whichever hydra you're referring to, both have very nearly twice as many posts as you, so no more "remarkably silent" than you yourself. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to give us some activity day 1.

-k
I'm sorry, I'm post limited. I've can only make one post for every one of your IQ points, so I'm damn near out.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1518, GreyICE wrote:Prism, if you're unsatisfied with your level of play... that's on you. We have no obligation to wait.
Fortunately, it wasn't directed at you, and if you believe you have anything to teach me as a player you can save the lecture for someone more receptive.

P-Edit: Well, that will give me something to look forward to reading in the morning I suppose.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1528, mastina wrote:Fair warning/reminder: I am incredibly V/LA due to lifeguarding stuff. However, have some time so can do this.
In post 1307, sangres wrote:her case for HG being scum flavor really is simplistically awful. HG is driven to do terrible things in season 2 because of overwhelming grief and a sense of being lost in a horrible, evil, irredemable time instead of the golden age that the steampunk-y science fiction genre she wrote expected. She doesn't come to her senses at the moment of death, but from a place of pure reason and love. She doesn't covet artifacts for power and control. She doesn't sell artifacts to people who will use them for personal aggrandizement. She isn't warped by artifacts. She's a flawed, redeemable and ultimately redeemed human being who goes on to do good. A lot of good.
My case isn't flavor.
My case is based off of the game mechanics:
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:4) A significant mechanic in this game is the distribution of Artifacts. The abilities they grant are all one-shot and work by the following rules:
Two Artifacts are presented to the Mafia at the start of the Night phase. They pick one to keep by the end of the Night phase (along with a recipient for it, among their faction or elsewhere) and one that will go to the game thread at the start of the Morning, where the living players will vote on the recipient of that Artifact decided by plurality. The Morning will end if a majority vote is reached for the Artifact recipient.
Prism started with an artifact, the trident. And passed this to bork overnight.
Scum started with an artifact that they could choose the recipient of.
The trident was in use during the time HG Wells was a villain.
HG Wells being a VT who starts with the trident both flavorwise and mechanically-wise makes less sense than HG being scum who passed the trident along.

Combine that with Prism deliberately altering their play this game, along with nothing Prism's said/done in all of their content being town (in fact, Prism's self-admitted change in style to be aggressive is something that has caused Prism's content to be aggressively null).

Mechanically, it makes more sense for Prism to be scum than town, and that is backed up by Prism's playstyle this game.

And yes, no matter how much you will say she was redeemed and wasn't truly villainous and all that--she literally spent two centuries bronzed, in containment, in confinement; she didn't get bronzed initially for being a good virtuous agent wrongly imprisoned; she got bronzed because
she was a threat to the warehouse
. And when she was unbronzed, she was STILL a threat to the warehouse. She was redeemed, yes. But why is it more likely that penguin_alien chose her time after redemption for her, than penguin_alien chose her time before redemption for her?
Forgot a word. My case isn't entirely flavor; my case isn't just flavor; my case isn't purely flavor; my case is not flavor and nothing else; etc.

Yes there's flavor involved in the case--flavor is not the entirety of the case tho.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Open offer

I will literally fucking lunch Mastina just for this HG Prism flavor shit
Anyone may take me up on this any time they please.

"Hi I'm gonna go VLA but before I go, have I told you about this flavor thing that LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE CARES ABOUT OR IS WILLING TO VOTE PRISM OVER"
"Titus wagon? What Titus wagon? Anyway, off to go lifeguard, but before I go, remember, flavor text!"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Bell »

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mastina, at this point it isn't even the fucking flavor, fuck that.

It's that you have used one case to sit in a goddamn hole and watch the world go by.

Dear god. It's so bad it'd actually make Prism look worse if you flipped scum because it'd look like scum distancing. That is LITERALLY how bad this is.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Like I said would do either.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi I would like to say I love literally everyone in this playerlist and hope they are doing well

I have never been more excited with a playerlist on this website than I am with this one, and am glad to be playing with all of you <3

I hope everyone that is scum gets limmed tho
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by GreyICE »

If I had a bullet for every player in this town.

I'd shoot Spiffeh 14 times for that post
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Bell »

I am going to have a stroke if I see one more astronaut take this game. I feel like I'm being trolled and baited into rage posting.
Well, I can't blame others for how I react to things. That's on me and my temperament. /:
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I have extra love for you GreyICE

Even if you are scum this game

Ok I'm done drunkposting let's use these last pages wisely bye
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Prism »

mastina I don't know if you were hoping to use the low opinion I expressed of you in 2181 to engineer a townread from me even as you pushed me, but if you were it is not even slightly working.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1432, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Titus
Hey so like.

Remember when I said that I wouldn't be defending a slot until it was run up?

Now's that time. :P

Titus is town.

If the wagon is still literally at L-1 when I get caught up there will be
hell
to pay.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1442, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:I still haven't dived into her ISO.
I would recommend doing so and checking her play here compared to other recent games.

Literally the only reason Titus would be scum here is being too townie; her play in this game is literally better than I've seen from her in any other recent game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1462, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:So if that's hammer and if Titus is being honest about being town, I still don't like prism or Cakez as town. They can be buddies together, and I think there's one scum if not both. Leaning more towards Cakez.
See also: I am casing Prism as scum and voting SirCakez. :P

quiet slot is also probscum, too.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1539, Spiffeh wrote:I have extra love for you GreyICE

Even if you are scum this game

Ok I'm done drunkposting let's use these last pages wisely bye
Pass me a beer because there’s no way Mastina said this is the towniest Titus has been.

That’s a load of shit.

She better explain. Starting to look Mastina+Titus and my reads are hella good

Good night people
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1542, mastina wrote:
In post 1442, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:I still haven't dived into her ISO.
I would recommend doing so and checking her play here compared to other recent games.

Literally the only reason Titus would be scum here is being too townie; her play in this game is literally better than I've seen from her in any other recent game.

Christ no. I've played with Titus before, I've fought with Titus before, and no, Titus can play better than this.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Prism »

From a style perspective, I am a fan of V/LA mastina. This is much easier and more straightforward to see the value of the perspective presented, as compared to when she plays like a third rate Victorian pulp writer who getting paid by the word.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1502, Prism wrote:Me, sangres, Tammy, and Spiffeh all have basically the same reads and somehow this game is still hard. Amazing.
Probably because that bloc isn't all town. :shifty:
In post 1509, Spiffeh wrote:Is it possible quiet siteflaked?
Sure, but quiet's posting was scum even before the siteflake and I buy that rolling scum in a game like this could cause a siteflake.
In post 1517, Spiffeh wrote:Tbh at this point I would flash wagon Battle Mage or quiet and wouldn't feel bad about it
I mean literally the only reason I'd not vote Battle Mage is due to having a perma-scumread on the slot. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1533, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mastina
In post 1535, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Mastina
Like I said would do either.
I mean at this point I am explicitly fine with these votes even/especially if GI joins them there because they're votes that were on Titus that no longer are. :P

I'll happily take a wagon on me if it means Titus isn't a wagon.

The more and more I see from Titus, the more and more I'm
that
sure she's town here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1547, mastina wrote:
In post 1502, Prism wrote:Me, sangres, Tammy, and Spiffeh all have basically the same reads and somehow this game is still hard. Amazing.
Probably because that bloc isn't all town. :shifty:
In post 1509, Spiffeh wrote:Is it possible quiet siteflaked?
Sure, but quiet's posting was scum even before the siteflake and I buy that rolling scum in a game like this could cause a siteflake.
In post 1517, Spiffeh wrote:Tbh at this point I would flash wagon Battle Mage or quiet and wouldn't feel bad about it
I mean literally the only reason I'd not vote Battle Mage is due to having a perma-scumread on the slot. :P
If Grey follows through with his threat..That block and Kitty all town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”