Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Costello »

In post 823, Farkran wrote:i think nobody fakeclaimed with the possible exception of Costello but once again that's just heavy paranoia
I'm sorry but what lmao

I could absolutely be mafia but how on earth am I the one who might be mechanically fakeclaiming lmfao

Confirmed to be Eve by PoE/public rolenames, the vote was redirected to someone else yesterday, confirmed due to my role via Ydrasse investigation of catboi, multiple softs of dead bird/Raven, me/catboi actively communicating with lyrics all day, was the Raven, and me unilaterally redirecting without the in-between would in fact be ridiculously busted
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Costello »

Like I guess if you're saying I'm fakeclaiming the part about me/catboi having a PT? Then maybe? I can go back and cite specific instances of coding, though, that are....very clear and conclusive when given context
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Costello »

...Then again I have fakeclaimed two different mechanics on Day 1

Maybe Farkran has a point LMAO

The Raven was secretly Hectic (it was not)
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Farkran »

My paranoia is actually much more complex and convolute than that lol

But i was just taking notes, i won't go anywhere near costello or hectic unless i have to decide between exactly you two and none else
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Will share my thinking with y'all.
Claims wrote:
PlayerPostCharacterItem(s)InfoMech ConfirmedMech Clear
CostelloEveDead Bird1 Shot Elimination Redirector - Used D1XX
FarkranJudasBook of BelialPT Cop, Hectic clear. Closes PT during the day with charge, gains charge from successful checkX/
MadelineTown Azazel
Claimed in PT
Can investigate roles in PT.
PT with Flea
X
YdrasseThe LostHoly MantleCan check 1 dead body per day to see what they could do/
Flea The Magician???
(Blue Baby)
Forget-me-now | The PoopForget-me-now closes PT, The Poop gives someone poop.X
BugsprayMagdaleneCeltic CrossBodyguard, unknown N1 target.
HecticThe ForgottenBody Swap - Soul self watches [public], bone public alignment reveal? Unaware of role actions./X

X = Fully confirmed
/ = Partially Confirmed.
Things of note in these claims:
- 1 player has no item.
- 1 player has 2 items
- 1 players item does not match to its in game purpose at all.
- Active Items interact with PTs, except 1.
- All Items are related to the characters
- 1 player claimed town character.
- 1 player not confirmed even partially.

If mechanics is anything to go on...

I'm the primary anomaly with 2 items and an active that doesn't interact with pts. Also me and Madeline confirm each other so would technically be partial confirmation, but to me she is mechanically confirmed and I am to her.

Ydrasse and Bugspray would be the second options...
- Holy Mantle is a protective, here its's active. Mind/Body/Soul possibly better fits for items.
- Bugspray has the only slot with no confirmation at all.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07 am

Then of course I remembered this is a damn thing and the mechanics are seperate and honestly theres no reason to fakeclaim the flavour...
In post 2, Not Chara wrote:This is a closed smalltown. Below are the names of the nine premade roles that will be randomized and handed out to players at the start of the game. After role assignment, alignment distribution will occur. To put it another way, this means that role has no correlation with alignment.
This also is what made me realise my pooping on people was literally for the shits and giggles.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Costello »

In post 789, Hectic wrote:
In post 331, Gamma Emerald wrote:The way Flea’s reacted to Ydrasse’s push looks like town based on how fae pushed back against her two-faced advance
Ydrasse I think has genuine paranoia but could also be genuine-sounding scum, so I want her opinions on other slots since I doubt she can fake those other reads as well if scum
In post 338, Gamma Emerald wrote:It looks like Ydrasse is trying to say two things at once there (you have and have not been cautious)
Ydrasse, your response? This is the second thing I’ve noticed of this type from you
In post 365, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 342, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 338, Gamma Emerald wrote:It looks like Ydrasse is trying to say two things at once there (you have and have not been cautious)
Ydrasse, your response? This is the second thing I’ve noticed of this type from you
what? i’m saying i don’t think she’s done anything especially cautious that’s worth pointing out so far wrt the early wagon as i thought that’s what hectic was basing off of
In post 343, Ydrasse wrote:what second thing have you noticed and have you pointed it out before someone prodded you on me?
But like
Hectic said she wasn’t being cautious
It looks like you ended up agreeing with him as such

And you’ve had confusing takes on Flea (which looks paranoia-driven) and madeline (which seems like you started disagreeing with hectic on some level but reached the exact conclusion he did)
Maybe I'm not giving Gamma enough credit but I think scum!Gamma lacks this kind of nuance when giving reads on partners. Critiquing your partners is not particularly difficult. It's mostly this interaction I have her as town for tbh
You are absolutely not giving scum Gamma enough credit but I'm lazy and really don't want to go digging to prove it but I will at some point.

I'd encourage you to review the spat with Ydrasse and Flea's latest mechanical solving. I really do not think fae are mafia. In contrast, I think Ydrasse really was not out to fairly evaluate the slot. Whether because she's mafia or because she's frustrated, who knows? Similarly, I think Farkran's thought processes are both clear and natural in a way that I suspect he does not have down pat as scum. I'm not 100% sold-only like 80%-but this game would be a step up for sure.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Costello »

Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Costello »

Ctrl+F for Albert

And oh god looking through these games Gamma has some really fucking horrendous habits as mafia that are outright gamelosing but I'll save those for next time.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Costello »

Actually I'm not going to be a dick, I'll toss him a bone.

If you've ever seen scum Gamma out a 3/4 person solve, last calendar year says to just policyvote the entire pool for at least 2 mafia if not all 3.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:27 am

Post by bugspray »

i targeted costello n1 because i thought he was basically an ic at this point and an obvious scum shot
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.4

Flea The Magician (2)
: Ydrasse, Farkran
Ydrasse (1)
: Costello
Farkran (0)
:
Costello (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:
Hectic (0)
:

Not Voting:
madeline, bugspray, Hectic, Flea The Magician

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-07 20:34:25).
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Costello »

yeetdrasse, what have you been thinking about Flea's posts lately?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

am here, will catch up quickly

admittedly got sort of unhappy/demotivated with the game so didn't give it much thought lately
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Costello »

i'd be demotivated too if i were relying on me/hectic to win a game tbh
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 823, Farkran wrote:Based on these claims i think nobody fakeclaimed with the possible exception of Costello but once again that's just heavy paranoia

I'm starting to see flea town vibes though and i don't know what to make of it. I don't really fancy any of the other 3 as scum but the game is stalled.

@ydrasse can you answer my question in ?
Also if you could please explain the process that led you to ?

By rereading your iso i got this feeling that today you're always up to vote any fotm target whereas in d1 you were much less trigger happy especially wrt gamma (, )
i explained my read wrt you is that it was someone based in bop and was unfair; i think in theory i am always like... okay to get rid of you because you scare me basically, as a player, and removing sources of anxiety/paranoia for me is like... unfair, yeah. but i do it. if i think someone is a strong scum player if a chance to get rid of them occurs when i'm not Hard Townreading Them occurs... i'm up for it. it's not good play but it's just how my mind works.

the things that i found like... disconcerting mainly were small, like. you saying that i was either town or really good scum is like... okay? that sort of thing pings me in general as a 'why bring this up' sort of deal, because it's a backhanded compliment that plants a seed of mistrust towards someone.

...but at the same time i feel the same way towards you so like, it's a hypocritical way to view you. you're either town, or really good scum, and i know for a fact you have a good scumgame so like, yeah. meta-based.

i believe i've already said though that you're not like... really preferred right now over going in flea/madeline. you're above them a tier. costello is functionally clear to me (or im treating him like that because the one scenario i've laid out where he's scum is really convoluted), i've played a lot w hectic and it just feels like... a hectic game. towngame basically bc i've only
played
with him as town and had to read scum games previous. bugspray is still like... nothing to me, if they flipped scum i wouldn't be surprised and at all but i don't have any real reason right now to think they're town or scum, and that's frustrating. i don't get anything from them and i don't know how to read them.

and then flea, who is like... so the thing is with flea, is that everyone will think fae sounds towny. silent star? people thought fae was towny and wholesome and stuff, and i did too! i had my paranoia there, and it turned out to be right (i will say: the mechanics/necessity of like, the mafia faction that game made it a bit more obvious when fae hammered at a certain point but even so.). fae's town in booneytunez? no scumread there from me. like... faer's not lhf, despite saying that. i really disagree with that and like, if i'm feeling some sort of way about flea's play this game, and i think that it feels off... it means something to me. and right now, i don't like fae's posting; it's a bunch of compositing together mechanical stuff which is useful, but like. it's frustrating to me because twice now flea's said i'm the play/good to go off of mechanics and then trying to add in a caveat like "but we can't do it all off mechanics" while still making clear that like, i am the pick!

it also frustrates me (that's the theme of this game right now and this isn't like... an attempt at ate, it's just my view of it) that like... i can't help that my item this game isn't a protective or whatever, lmao. it's thematic to who i rolled (the lost aka... a spirit. so seeing dead people's roles isn't like... weird) and the item/ability i have is literally just the item that the lost comes with. i can't... do anything about that, or argue it because it's what i have and it's what it was flavored as and it's annoying to be pushed on that basis because like, i can't do anything about it at all and it's dumb. i have what i have. if i knew people would decide that was a damning part of my game i would have reflavored it or something, but then people would be like, oh it's not holy mantle? so it's just a lose lose. rant over.

and then flea's like, ydrasse can get steam, her iso is bare... but like. how? what do these things mean? flea keeps saying a ton of things about me, about my role, that are vague, or they're slight distortions of the truth, or played up; i'm paranoid because i didn't realize an unvote wasn't from a vote on me, and not ""paranoid"" because like, you know, flea said fae's down to kill me and have made it more and more apparent as the day goes on. like, i'm not "fairly evaluating" flea because at this point it doesn't feel like fae is doing that for me at all, and it's scummy the things fae's said in my opinion, and fae keeps trying to get me to dig the hole deeper while handing me the shovel, but like, what else can i do when someone is doing this?

madeline feels different to me, and that means something in a game where i don't think anyone else feels especially different or scummy. from the start she's felt prickly in the way she presents herself, and like... i've never had these sorts of feelings before when she's been town. as town she feels good, and i rarely have these sorts of doubts on her, but this game i do! i read her posts and think, huh, there's a tone to them, and i don't really get what she's doing and i worry that she's trying to emulate what she sounds like as town, or trying to mirror people a bit, and just... going through the motions. that's what her game feels like to me, going through the motions right now. i could be wrong on this but like, she's my second scumread for a reason and it feels like these thoughts i have about her mean something.

and at this point like. i just don't wanna put in the effort for this game, and i don't want to self-vote but it feels like i'm at that point because me being flipped right now feels inevitable and like... i just don't wanna put in the effort for that. it's shitty but it is what it is, i'm being tunneled, i'm being told that i'm relying on other people to win the game for me, and it sucks and it hurts me a little bit even though it shouldn't (and i am sorry for being emotional over it) but like. idk what else to really say/do when most people are like "yeah sure, you're the flip" basically and only one of these people is mafia and the rest are just down for it and wrong and they're not seeing what i see.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

that's a really big wall, sorry, but yeah. that's where my head's at.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Thats a bloomin good wall... :mrgreen:

OK mechanically, I'm far and away the best elimination here, not you; and I've said that. Obviously, I'm not going to eliminate myself which puts me in the you/bugspray area of thinking.

I have said that I realised after going through all that, the mechanics can;t be looked too closely at as they're a separate and alignment unbalanced element her, so nobody from my end of things is being considered on mechanics.

SS3 was my like 3rd game on site, and ngl I am absolutely proud of that one. That game is going to be the one that follows me around forever. I have no problem with that :mrgreen:

But going back to that... Your push on me was absolutely solid based on things that happened in game. You went into detail, when you were with us in game it felt like you were there and interacting and talking to us. Here you feel really different, theres no spark to your play at all and it genuinely has such a defeatist vibe to it all the way through.

In booneytoonz I think you were the only one really town reading me ftr :P I was all over the place in that game.

For me, my heart says say don't eliminate you - its a bad move.
My brain is wondering why I haven't seen a Final Spark yet...

Going back to the table, its me, you, madeline or bugspray.
I've had some good interactions with Madeline, I'm not going to push myself. To me its eliminate you and investigate bugspray, or eliminate bugspray and investigate you. Madeline role reveals to me tonight (in theory) and I am a prime suspect tomorrow regardless.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Claims wrote:
PlayerPostCharacterItem(s)InfoMech ConfirmedMech Clear
CostelloEveDead Bird1 Shot Elimination Redirector - Used D1XX
FarkranJudasBook of BelialPT Cop, Hectic clear. Closes PT during the day with charge, gains charge from successful checkXX
MadelineTown Azazel
Claimed in PT
Can investigate roles in PT.
PT with Flea
X
YdrasseThe LostHoly MantleCan check 1 dead body per day to see what they could do/
Flea The Magician???
(Blue Baby)
Forget-me-now | The PoopForget-me-now closes PT, The Poop gives someone poop.X
BugsprayMagdaleneCeltic CrossBodyguard, N1 Costello
HecticThe ForgottenBody Swap - Soul self watches [public], bone public alignment reveal? Unaware of role actions./X

X = Fully confirmed
/ = Partially Confirmed.
(Lets face it, there is a chance Farkran got lucky with the PT cop claim, but given theres 3 PTs in this game so far, thats a damn lucky claim if its the case.)
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Costello »

I read that first paragraph and I have already seen all I need to, take her away, I can't stand to watch anymore

Kidding, I'll keep going, but oh no my poor child, this Does Not Pass At All
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Costello »

To be clear, the bit about relying on me/Hectic was a joking selfroast, not a serious suggestion that we are The Gods Of The Game
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Costello »

I'll type up a more thorough response in a bit when I have time just out of appreciation for the effort that took, me being lighthearted probably doesn't help when you're clearly demotivated already.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Costello »

I'm actually kind of mafia'd out for the day so it'll hold off until probably tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling, but I'll do you a solid and promise to meta Flea and read the same games you're describing, potentially at the risk of my sanity.

What other things do you think I should be looking at/what could I potentially do to help you or myself out?
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Costello »

Genuinely sorry about 844 by the way-it did describe how I feel/felt but having read the full post now I 100% would not make that in hindsight
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 842, Flea The Magician wrote:Thats a bloomin good wall... :mrgreen:

OK mechanically, I'm far and away the best elimination here, not you; and I've said that. Obviously, I'm not going to eliminate myself which puts me in the you/bugspray area of thinking.

I have said that I realised after going through all that, the mechanics can;t be looked too closely at as they're a separate and alignment unbalanced element her, so nobody from my end of things is being considered on mechanics.

SS3 was my like 3rd game on site, and ngl I am absolutely proud of that one. That game is going to be the one that follows me around forever. I have no problem with that :mrgreen:

But going back to that... Your push on me was absolutely solid based on things that happened in game. You went into detail, when you were with us in game it felt like you were there and interacting and talking to us. Here you feel really different, theres no spark to your play at all and it genuinely has such a defeatist vibe to it all the way through.

In booneytoonz I think you were the only one really town reading me ftr :P I was all over the place in that game.

For me, my heart says say don't eliminate you - its a bad move.
My brain is wondering why I haven't seen a Final Spark yet...

Going back to the table, its me, you, madeline or bugspray.
I've had some good interactions with Madeline, I'm not going to push myself. To me its eliminate you and investigate bugspray, or eliminate bugspray and investigate you. Madeline role reveals to me tonight (in theory) and I am a prime suspect tomorrow regardless.
yeah, i spoke wrt your mechanical reads as in like. you can't consider yourself as the elim based off of it, sort of thing.

and in that game i feel like... i spent the entire first half of the game not having a reason to push on you though? i just kept reiterating you were a place of paranoia/a slot to look out for and it was only after a certain turning point that things began to coalesce into a true case against you. here, i feel like i've dove more into how you've posted/the things you're doing than i did in that game until the end of it before you got elimmed.

and part of that is that now that i know how you post as scum from that, i'm immune more to the chaos and don't just give in as like, seeing you as fluffy/pure as i was, etc. so it happens earlier on now that i'm realizing these things about your posting.

of course there's no spark to my play right now though. i've said i feel that it's like... inevitable right now that i'm flipped, and it's not fun to me much. i am trying and my efforts aren't... getting me anywhere. like, at this point i don't even know if i should stay in the game and let the pt cop check me because like, endgame i genuinely think people will find a reason around that and get me elimmed if it gets to 3p. i'm a liability fmpov right now and it's not fun to recognize that and recognize that scum is probably like, intentionally making me one? idk. i said i didn't want to self vote but also, i would probably. i don't like doing it in practice because ~play to win~ but atp it feels like it is playing to win for everyone so they can power through other slots.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”