Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 320, Korina wrote:we're just going in circles, and the only thing I remember about you jj is that you genuinely pissed me off in gamma's game from a while ago.
so, to that end, i'm going to step away from the thread, and not post until I'm off work tomorrow.

pedit:
so did i, or at least a tracker.
In post 321, Superb Subtlety wrote:Nothing has happened in the game and it is very easy for me on a personal level to be aggressive towards Korina
Perhaps endeavour to not aggravate other participants? It is not enjoyable to watch and most unpleasant to be placed upon the receiving end of such aggression.
Korina wrote:but i got coroner, with a gif of a dog digging a hole, which actually does make sense too, but i'd have liked bloodhound/tracker more.
Unfortunately, your GIF has decided not to work for me.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Korina »

I don't remember anything from GE's game, beyond you pissing me off JJ. I've mostly purged that game from memory because I remember playing incredibly poorly in it.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Rathe »

In post 322, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 316, Rathe wrote:
In post 299, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:VOTE: Rathe is an option I do believe will gain value moving forward.
???

We are quite some way into the game, and your contributions have been nil.
i dont post gifs
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 253, WhemeStar wrote:King thought mastina was known to type in wall posts did they change or do I remember wrong
I do both. Shorter posts when it's more appropriate, longer posts when it's more appropriate.

Also in this game the extended rvs gives me less content to work with--it's not really my thing, it's not really my style, it's something that I can look at as an observer, smile, and appreciate it, enjoying it as a viewer, and get some good townreads from it, but I don't really know what to do with it as a starting point for content.

To give a metaphor for this. When I am at a family gathering that has dance, beit slowdance or more modern dance: I will be there, but I'll be sitting down, watching the dancers. I will smile, appreciate them from my seat, enjoy their dancing as an observer, and generally be around, and enjoying it, but not being a part of it. If I was asked to be a part of the dance, I wouldn't know where to begin, I'd be hesitant, I'd be out of my depths, I'd be uncomfortable, as a participant I'd be miserable, awkward, and not having a good time, in spite of being involved in the activity.

Which is to say the activity is more fun for me to watch than it is for me to participate in. There's plenty of games that work that way, too. I'll watch streamers play games that I myself would never play. (A prominent one: Dead by Daylight. I would never play killer because I don't really like first-person gameplay. I would never play survivor because playing survivor requires precision timing gameplay where you press the right buttons at precisely the right time and the right time is not something you know in advance. Yet in spite of me never wanting to play that game, it is one of my favorite games to watch and I've watched literally hundreds of hours of gameplay on it because I enjoy it as a viewer.)

Same basic principle here. The koala game is fun, and is good for me to watch, and I am getting townreads from the players playing it.
But I just...don't know what to do with it. I can state the townreads I suppose, and I can reiterate that gives the game a small POE for who the scum are likely to be.
In post 132, mastina wrote:Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)
Battle Mage
Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)

Mad Hatters Tea Party
WhemeStar
Raya36

Rathe
TheFuzzylogic99
PenguinPower

Korina
Noraabear

April Ludgate
...But I already did so and it's a bit hard to explain further beyond that.

Smoke and Mirrors radiate town in a way I've never seen before. They're truly a fire worthy of me, and I am naturally attracted to them as a strong townread here.

Battle Mage did not participate in koalawang, but his handling of the game has looked town. In hindsight, I may have placed him slightly too high, but I still think he's north of null this game.

Superb Subtly is very obviously town this game.

Mad Hatter Tea Party looks pretty damn town but I admit to unfamiliarity there and inability to tell how strongly so.
WhemeStar has looked incredibly town--tho I lack familiarity, the more and more WhemeStar posts the more I see town. In fact it's probably best to say that WhemeStar and Battle Mage's positions should be reversed: Whemestar as locktown with Battle Mage north of null but not in the same locktown tier as WhemeStar and Smoke/Mirrors and Superb Subtlety.
Raya and PenguinPower's participation in Koalawang is the perfect example of townreads generated from the event (PP was too low in the last readslist imo).

Rathe's literally naked voting with nothing more, so no koala play there and fully null.
TFL has been pretty null, fairly lackluster, but is still overall okay in not being south of null imo.

Then we get into the scumreads who're lackluster in a bad way and by no coincidence, none of them participated in koalawang.

So updated readslist:

Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)
Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)
WhemeStar

Mad Hatters Tea Party
Raya36
PenguinPower
Battle Mage

TheFuzzylogic99
Rathe

Korina
Noraabear

April Ludgate

Loosely, locktown, strong town, null, scumread, strong scumread.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:12 pm

Regardless of GIF posting, you could have still posed questions and interacted with others here. Given that is your first post actually containing words, I'm sure you can understand my position.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Superb Subtlety »

I would say this is far from at a point where you need to step in and deescalate things considering this has been game related

I've primarily been attempting to correct misconceptions here
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 282, Superb Subtlety wrote:It's a good wagon though
It is indeed!

VOTE: Korina

So Imma join it.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:15 pm

I'm gonna be honest I don't actually think it is any more
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 286, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:The apathy of the town is beginning to worry me a bit. Both April and Korina said they are both apathetic toward this game.
As a hint: it'll help you when you realize that neither of them is actually town. :P

While I've nothing but gut for why Korina is scum here, April being scum here as apathetic is actually something I DO have reason for:

While FL is a player who can get apathetic as either alignment, statistically speaking, he is apathetic more often as scum (due to burnout from previous scumgames) more than as town.

It's not a surefire lock-scumtell, but it's better than random in accuracy. I'd say in the 60-75% range. Which is to say, in 25-40% of his games where he is apathetic FL will be apathetic-town but in the majority of them, the 60-75%, he is scum.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:18 pm

In post 330, Superb Subtlety wrote:I would say this is far from at a point where you need to step in and deescalate things considering this has been game related

I've primarily been attempting to correct misconceptions here
Given your target has already expressed frustrations and has had to step away, I feel it a matter of civility and a matter that has certainly escalated beyond a reasonable point.

But that is entirely my view.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 pm

In post 282, Superb Subtlety wrote:It's a good wagon though
In post 292, Superb Subtlety wrote:I'm going to continue voting you, noting your tendency to lie about your role

-jj
In post 332, Superb Subtlety wrote:I'm gonna be honest I don't actually think it is any more
Would this be "Hydra Dissonance" or a genuine turning of the tables?
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:21 pm

It's still all me

Alisae is waiting for me to say something has happened before e steps back into the game

-jj
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:22 pm

For the sake of clarity for anyone who is curious of the time frames, there is approximately 4 hours between and .
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:23 pm

In post 336, Superb Subtlety wrote:It's still all me

Alisae is waiting for me to say something has happened before e steps back into the game

-jj
Then may I enquire as to what changed your mind?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 301, Korina wrote:I'm going to just hardclaim then: I'm a coroner. What purpose is there for a scum coroner?
When there's a town vig that janitors, to name just one example.

Suffice to say this is a fine instance tho of role != alignment. I do not think that in a Krazy game a claim of coroner is a town-only role.

If your plan was to coast by on claim alone, it aint gonna work. I'll want to see content from you and so far it is lacking in townness.
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Rathe »

In post 329, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Regardless of GIF posting, you could have still posed questions and interacted with others here.
k thoughts on april n wheme?
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:25 pm

I didn't make the vote on Korina with an actual scumread there
Just had reasonable chance of flipping scum when I've got some townreads elsewhere in the game, and that's enough for me to vote Korina

However, I think all the incorrect assumptions that Korina has made and the stubborn insistence on maintaining them could well be town!Korina
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Like, we're not very far into day 1 and a bunch of the pages were taken up by Koalawang so I'm kinda surprised you think I had enough of a read for it to be significant that it has reversed
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 329, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Regardless of GIF posting, you could have still posed questions and interacted with others here.
Posted questions about what?
Give interactions with what?
What would you think in the koalawang content I'd have questions about? Can you point to anything question-worthy within?
What would you think in the koalawang content I'd have interactions with which I didn't already interact with? I was already stretching thin to get what interactions I did.

I realize that koalawang was good fun. I realize it generated some good townreads. But it was incredibly hard for me to play during because it's not something that I can really. Well. Do anything during. (I am an incredibly reactive player. As in, I react to things rather than being proactive. What am I supposed to react to in koalawang? I had nothing to contribute to the koalawang game and the non-koalawang game content to react to was very sparse.)

The immediate uptick in activity from me after it has ended should be evidence enough of this. :P
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Rathe »

it was for me
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 340, Rathe wrote:
April's town, Wheme's scum.

I know this wasn't directed to me, but like I said: I've been stretched fairly thin in terms of finding content here so anything I can get, I will use. :P
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Rathe »

y not read the whole post
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Rathe »

In post 345, mastina wrote:I know this wasn't directed to me, but like I said: I've been stretched fairly thin in terms of finding content here so anything I can get, I will use.
k
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Oh my, that got interesting.
In post 340, Rathe wrote:
April is not quite as far under the radar as you are, and Wheme I am inclined to believe they are town.
And you? What are your thoughts? We have a leading RVS wagon to spring us forward and a handful of interactions thus far, any thoughts you might care to share with us?
In post 342, Superb Subtlety wrote:Like, we're not very far into day 1 and a bunch of the pages were taken up by Koalawang so I'm kinda surprised you think I had enough of a read for it to be significant that it has reversed
It was a read you appeared to be quite secure in considering the stage of the game. That is part of what seemed quite unusual to me.
In post 343, mastina wrote:
Posted questions about what?
Give interactions with what?
What would you think in the koalawang content I'd have questions about? Can you point to anything question-worthy within?
What would you think in the koalawang content I'd have interactions with which I didn't already interact with? I was already stretching thin to get what interactions I did.

I realize that koalawang was good fun. I realize it generated some good townreads. But it was incredibly hard for me to play during because it's not something that I can really. Well. Do anything during. (I am an incredibly reactive player. As in, I react to things rather than being proactive. What am I supposed to react to in koalawang? I had nothing to contribute to the koalawang game and the non-koalawang game content to react to was very sparse.)

The immediate uptick in activity from me after it has ended should be evidence enough of this. :P
Given the initial comment was not aimed at you, I do appreciate your answer. Unlike Rathe, you have still moved to develop some reads and have attempted to generate discussion and advance the day somewhat during our forced RVS extension. If what is claimed is true, then we have to do this daily and it would be wise for us all to continue to attempt to advance the game while in these phases. I have no complaints at all about your contributions at that time. :) Posing questions could be asking for reads, for players opinions on things, even attempting to build a rapport with other players.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Krazy »

pagebot
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”