Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

I skimmed mastina's posts again. Everything about this slot is absolutely horrific, entire attitude around Cakez is a complete trainwreck.

VOTE: mastina

Honestly a great vote even if she flips town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1725, Prism wrote:I skimmed mastina's posts again. Everything about this slot is absolutely horrific, entire attitude around Cakez is a complete trainwreck.

VOTE: mastina

Honestly a great vote even if she flips town
You realize this is incredibly self serving if you’re scum yeah? I don’t think you are but this shift is incredibly awkward.

Titus’s progression was solely focused and crap (can’t detail while gaming but I disagree with your Titus town opinion)

Granted I think it’s Mastina +Titus here but I don’t see why Mastina townreads Titus here if scum Mastina Town Titus?

Care to elaborate?

Btw I have work on Monday so it’s iffy if I will be around. Will try.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Their positioning around me, Titus, and Math is the biggest redflag to me rather than the read on me itself. If it's town she's seems to just be hoping she catches the
Site's Unofficial Big Fish of the Day
over really engaging on a deeper level with my content. BADBADNOTGOOD

P-Edit:
MathBlade wrote:You realize this is incredibly self serving if you’re scum yeah? I don’t think you are but this shift is incredibly awkward.

Titus’s progression was solely focused and crap (can’t detail while gaming but I disagree with your Titus town opinion)

Granted I think it’s Mastina +Titus here but I don’t see why Mastina townreads Titus here if scum Mastina Town Titus?

Care to elaborate?

1. Yes
2. If you're referring to my read on mastina there's no shift she's literally been at the bottom of my list for multiple days now. If you're referring to my shift on Titus, depends on what she is how selfserving it is, but I've just explained it.
3. Scum do townread town at times, more news at eleven. I'm extremely skeptical of how mastina has positioned around both of us, thinking us partners is not even slightly plausible and it reads more like hedging in the event you wind up flipping today though there is reason to doubt that (would require effect pointed out by GreyICE to be unintentional)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1716, sangres wrote:Tammy you're worrying me.
Why?

Had a post in response to this but quite frankly, I don't care. I'm playing mafia the way I want to play it and the way it fits into my life how I want it to. I'm town and have been quite transparent with my thoughts about the game. If you want to waste your time worrying or fake worrying, have fun.

Yesterday you got a bit pissy with me when you misinterpreted me being worried about you that I should be asking you stuff to figure it out, and back atcha.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1711, Prism wrote:I really hate to say this but I now think Titus is pretty town. I'm only up through the first 60 posts but Titus's worldview is clear, ex. Dunn hiding behind LLD demotivates her further, this didn't come up only recently but has come up repeatedly. Great progression on Bell with 604, 605, 614. 636 actually is trying to work with Math.

Leaping off of this the entire sequence regarding Math's read on Bell beginning in 636, resulting in a vote on Math in 656 is great. They're legitimately trying to dialogue with Math, not at all setting him up to fail, and immediately gets frustrated when Math shuts down any hope of basic discussion.

Her catching posting was great. Read on sangres is both contrarian and well thought out, had clear evolution beforehand, 1267 is solid statement of concerns. Followup about Grey in 1268 is also good. I ~don't really like~ the vote on me in 1270 if mastina is town but that's a big if and I buy it since Titus hasn't really engaged with my slot before this. Post about SC not following up on the meta was A+++, progression about me/Cakez team was also very clean when the VCA comes in.

Finally, there's just still some tonal things I like, both around sangres/Dunnstral but also around Spiffeh like in 812.
yeah there's setup and progression to the stances in 1267 and 1268. I could see 1267 coming, and more than a few times I've seen that kind of progression come at me from scum but it's probably as often town.

--------------------

@Tammy, I'm thinking about how stressed you were in Smokefilled as votes piled up on Tayl0r. We talked in the neighborhood about what we each stress about as Day 1 wagons coalesce and the deadline looms.

We're there -- and you're not? Is there something different about this deadline? Are my expectations way off? Or maybe it's because there's no certainty about how this day ends yet?

Who do you want to vote?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm pretty done reading for the day, my vote is where I want it and I'll be around again most of the day tomorrow. If anyone (sangres/Tammy?) want to talk about a slot I will probably have to wait until the morning

My top 4 votes at the moment would be mastina, MathBlade, quiet, and (what the fuck?) Spiffeh, with the disclaimer that the last is me really wilding out spitballing and I would never actually vote there without seriously rereading+digging deeper into his scum meta. Math just got me to think more about that read and now I'm concerned.

P-Edit: Oh hello sangres
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by sangres »

@Prism, Sir Cakez' received some critique of his scum game in the Among Us large theme post game, and I understand that he applied it in the Booneytoonz game. Long story short, he's always tended to bus too easily. He worked on that in the BoonyToonz game. I'm not firing on all cylinders atm but I don't ~think~ his behavior around his partners was a big factor in what you were comparing from Xeno to here, but maybe I missed it. Here's his booneytoonz ISO. I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow. It seems like something that would be more useful to consider on Day 2, though his day 1 positioning on Noraa in Xeno looked scummy and also highlighted her as a likely partner.

viewtopic.php?p=12507107&user_select%5B ... #p12507107
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1729, sangres wrote:@Tammy, I'm thinking about how stressed you were in Smokefilled as votes piled up on Tayl0r. We talked in the neighborhood about what we each stress about as Day 1 wagons coalesce and the deadline looms.

We're there -- and you're not? Is there something different about this deadline? Are my expectations way off? Or maybe it's because there's no certainty about how this day ends yet?

Who do you want to vote?
Oh! Okay. Sorry. Well smoke filled was especially tense for me because I was so paranoid of you guys and I knew that if Taylor flipped town that I was probably going to be next even thought you guys said Jake would go next and it fed my paranoia even more. I should have been less paranoid in a deathy with you guys there, but it made it worse. I felt like I was in a weird outsider position and I felt extraordinarily alone in a way that felt odd until night one. I should have felt more confident about my place in the game, but I was more paranoid than usual. The idea of what the deathy was going to be in a world where Taylor was town freaked me the fuck out.

I don't get that freaked out by the day one bronze anymore. Well, I do but I've learned to contain it a lot, and taken some lessons from some offsite players that are much better than me, that if I don't have a strong scum read day one then I either follow someone who does or be content if it's someone in my poe.

This game is a bit weird in that I don't have a strong scumread, but I also don't quite trust other people's strong scum reads. I've reread Mastina's iso a couple times today, and looked for that old muffin tell of whimsy, which I don't detect but I'm not sure if that's still a tell or really what he meant by whimsy really. I was hoping for Nacho's thoughts on Mastina (and Titus because he was able to read her properly in Tenet when I was freaked out about her calling me town and easy to read.) I'm not against a Mastina lynch, and that's probably where my vote will end up I guess. Every possible vote feels a little uninspired though. I'm not sure how to feel about that, but I'm also a bit bored of this day and I'm not sure there's much more to get out of it especially with the people who I have the question marks on not really posting much that moves the needle at all.

I do finally understand what Math was talking about with the Trident, but I disagree it proves the existence of masons.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1731, sangres wrote:@Prism, Sir Cakez' received some critique of his scum game in the Among Us large theme post game, and I understand that he applied it in the Booneytoonz game. Long story short, he's always tended to bus too easily. He worked on that in the BoonyToonz game. I'm not firing on all cylinders atm but I don't ~think~ his behavior around his partners was a big factor in what you were comparing from Xeno to here, but maybe I missed it. Here's his booneytoonz ISO. I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow. It seems like something that would be more useful to consider on Day 2, though his day 1 positioning on Noraa in Xeno looked scummy and also highlighted her as a likely partner.

viewtopic.php?p=12507107&user_select%5B ... #p12507107
I was more looking at Cakez's scared and reactionary selfconcern in Xenoblade, skimming this game he's a bit more proactive with questioning others and a little less worried about pushes on him but iuno. I'm pretty shot after reading for like 4 hours.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1727, Prism wrote:Their positioning around me, Titus, and Math is the biggest redflag to me rather than the read on me itself. If it's town she's seems to just be hoping she catches the
Site's Unofficial Big Fish of the Day
over really engaging on a deeper level with my content. BADBADNOTGOOD

P-Edit:
MathBlade wrote:You realize this is incredibly self serving if you’re scum yeah? I don’t think you are but this shift is incredibly awkward.

Care to elaborate?

1. Yes
2. If you're referring to my read on mastina there's no shift she's literally been at the bottom of my list for multiple days now. If you're referring to my shift on Titus, depends on what she is how selfserving it is, but I've just explained it.
3. Scum do townread town at times, more news at eleven. I'm extremely skeptical of how mastina has positioned around both of us, thinking us partners is not even slightly plausible and it reads more like hedging in the event you wind up flipping today though there is reason to doubt that (would require effect pointed out by GreyICE to be unintentional)
No. The shift from Titus to Mastina is awkward. It’s unnatural.

Despite Titus not even trying or doing anything remotely Townie people are moving to Mastina. It’s awkward and happens to be on someone whose almost exclusive focus is on you.

Yes, scum do townread town at times. But why would scum Mastina say to go so far as she did. Iirc she said something like she’d rather be elimmed than her or top townread. It was something fierce: I don’t see why Mastina makes herself a target like that if Titus is town and she is scum. Can you elaborate on why she would do that since that seems to be your position?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The only thing I can think of is maybe Titus has a scum artifact maybe?

Something is off here and I am way too tired to figure out what.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1734, MathBlade wrote:No. The shift from Titus to Mastina is awkward. It’s unnatural.

Despite Titus not even trying or doing anything remotely Townie people are moving to Mastina. It’s awkward and happens to be on someone whose almost exclusive focus is on you.
Same answers. Review my progression and make a case on it if you want.
In post 1734, MathBlade wrote:Yes, scum do townread town at times. But why would scum Mastina say to go so far as she did. Iirc she said something like she’d rather be elimmed than her or top townread. It was something fierce: I don’t see why Mastina makes herself a target like that if Titus is town and she is scum. Can you elaborate on why she would do that since that seems to be your position?
To be blunt, to towntell, going to bat for townslots thinking/hoping they'll get flipped regardless happens with such regularity that this feels willfully ignorant and I think putting the burden of proof on me to explain every detail of motivation for something that is one of the most foundational and basic moves of playing the scum alignment is very poor.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Like here you're asking me "Why would scum Mastina defend a townslot?" with the excuse that it's Titus specifically she's defending, where I don't think that makes much of a difference if Titus is town. Mastina had no reason to believe she was actually in danger of being flipped until the reactions started rolling in.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1737, Prism wrote:Like here you're asking me "Why would scum Mastina defend a townslot?" with the excuse that it's Titus specifically she's defending, where I don't think that makes much of a difference if Titus is town. Mastina had no reason to believe she was actually in danger of being flipped until the reactions started rolling in.
My question is a bit more nuanced.

It’s why would Mastina defend it in the way she did if Mastina scum Titus town. Not a simple defense. Iirc she was already suspected there so it doesn’t make sense. Lemme double check
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1541, mastina wrote:
In post 1432, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Titus
Hey so like.

Remember when I said that I wouldn't be defending a slot until it was run up?

Now's that time. :P

Titus is town.

If the wagon is still literally at L-1 when I get caught up there will be
hell
to pay.
In post 1548, mastina wrote:
In post 1533, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mastina
In post 1535, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Mastina
Like I said would do either.
I mean at this point I am explicitly fine with these votes even/especially if GI joins them there because they're votes that were on Titus that no longer are. :P

I'll happily take a wagon on me if it means Titus isn't a wagon.

The more and more I see from Titus, the more and more I'm
that
sure she's town here.
In post 1542, mastina wrote:
In post 1442, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:I still haven't dived into her ISO.
I would recommend doing so and checking her play here compared to other recent games.

Literally the only reason Titus would be scum here is being too townie; her play in this game is literally better than I've seen from her in any other recent game.
This is very vehement.
This isn’t “just a defense”. This is I will die to save Titus levels of defense.

This also has none of the hallmarks of a Titus town game
1) No attempt to townblock
2) No attempt to pick apart mechanics
3) No attempt to lead
4) No shotgun poke everything and it’s sibling.

None of that.
Instead she’s said “woe is me” and Math don’t post.
Which is very indicative of scum!Titus hating what I am posting versus anything Townie
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The only ways I see that level of defense happening are
Mastina scum Titus scum << most likely
Mastina town Titus scum << second most likely
Mastina town Titus town << third most likely

I do not see scum!stina going that hard for town Titus unless A> Her reads are so comically bad as to make a scum buddy loss worth it. Like Titus would have to be scum!stina’s beard
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Prism »

1541/1542 are very basic, 1548 is reactionary and mostly forced. Mastina might wind up being town but these posts would again be so trivial to fake as mafia and there is only so much I can do to help you here without being extremely patronizing lecturing you on the fundamentals of the scum alignment.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Reviewing the timeline I can actually see what you mean about the votes coming before 1541, gimme a sec
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah, no, still not impressed. Two votes in the middle of the catch-up doesn't mean you throw a white knight plan out the window, just inspires 1548.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1741, Prism wrote:1541/1542 are very basic, 1548 is reactionary and mostly forced. Mastina might wind up being town but these posts would again be so trivial to fake as mafia and there is only so much I can do to help you here without being extremely patronizing lecturing you on the fundamentals of the scum alignment.
Pretty sure I don’t need the patronizing lecture considering I am one of the best scum players on site, thanks.
Anyone who is good scum like Titus, FL, Mastina, or myself think strategically. There’s an intent and purpose to everything they do. When I can’t find the intent I question if they’re scum with certain people.

Eg I can see Mastina + you (I don’t think this is true because mechanics but it is possible by play) and Mastina was tanking the case to be as bad as possible for later.

I think it’s very important if Mastina is red to ask why, doubly so if my read is wrong and she is town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1744, MathBlade wrote:Pretty sure I don’t need the patronizing lecture considering I am one of the best scum players on site, thanks.
Glad I can skip it, thank you!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by Prism »

Since I came from EM all I can do is tone, have never had an understanding of basic positional play or intermediate tactics haha
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1746, Prism wrote:Since I came from EM all I can do is tone, have never had an understanding of basic positional play or intermediate tactics haha
its ok buddy

Mathblade can show you the ropes

he's one of the best scum players on the site.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1689, Bell wrote:BM, please don't discuss ongoing games.

*takes a breath*

Mathblade, No. My town read should not be tanking fast for this or any other post I've made this game. You're baiting me. For whatever reason. This "one time when I was in another game I did this!" comparison is lazy and ridiculous because I don't play anything like you.
oops, yes sorry, forgot!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1689, Bell wrote:BM, please don't discuss ongoing games.

*takes a breath*

Mathblade, No. My town read should not be tanking fast for this or any other post I've made this game. You're baiting me. For whatever reason. This "one time when I was in another game I did this!" comparison is lazy and ridiculous because I don't play anything like you.
oops, yes sorry, forgot!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”