Newbie 2055: City Lights [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

On a second thought... Move HUB to a bigger townread. He defended me in a way that would be a risky play, almost gamethrowing, if I flipped mafia.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

*It

Sorry misused a pronoun again. I'm typing fast.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 1050, KittyTacky wrote:On a second thought... Move HUB to a bigger townread. He defended me in a way that would be a risky play, almost gamethrowing, if I flipped mafia.
???

??????????????????????????
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by FBJim »

In post 1033, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:
In post 987, FBJim wrote:me: (???): well, if it were me, for miselim-ing a e-1 bait player, i think two scum on the wagon makes more sense than one-on one-off, since the elim-bait status makes justifying any vote theoretically easier. but hey.

Like, Jim arguing a both-on world is actually a polar opposite of my feels. I feel like flow trap was so scummy in how they handled the response to pressure that scum could have been very content to just let flow trap die to an all town wagon. So I very much felt like I've felt towniness from Jim when interacting with them in real time, but today Jim is basically arguing an opposite world as the one I'm imagining.

Basically I would like some time to sort this out in my mind, because if Jim is town then arguing different worlds could be problematic in a world where we're both town.
well, "more sense", not the only thing that makes sense. intuition isn't perfect.
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by FBJim »

the thing about FP (battle mage's slot), and i may be weighing this too heavily is that FP argued against me pushing against what i thought was suspicious posting from Ydrasse who has flipped town. i mean sure that's possibly towncred gaining and/or pocketing but it wasn't as if there was a serious wagon on ydrasse other than me, but i don't know about arguing against two town miselims as scum (FP was also against the FT wagon)
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by FBJim »

the other interesting thing: FP argued that i let Vasex off the hook too easily early on day 1. i seriously doubt there's a Vasex/BM world - if town backs down in an argument against scum partner there's no way you try to get them to reconsider
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 1052, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1050, KittyTacky wrote:On a second thought... Move HUB to a bigger townread. He defended me in a way that would be a risky play, almost gamethrowing, if I flipped mafia.
???

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i really can't get over this

happy unbirthday boon is town because it defended me in a way which would be almost gamethrowing
if i flipped mafia

happy unbirthday boon is town because it's not my mafia partner is something

and how is this possibly a read for town!kittytacky

what would it even mean from a town perspective
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by FBJim »

just going through some cases

assuming KT flips red

KT+Vasex - maybe. i dont know how much to weigh that neither are experienced. both FT votes smelled a bit - KT's has been stated forever, Vasex is more debatable. i think it's definitely possible for both to be on the wagon, especially vasex would have a relatively easy time justifying his vote.
KT+HUB - both were very visible in the miselim wagon which i consider a point againt - that said, maybe KT's post was a noobscum attempt to pass the vote off as legitimate. that's really my most serious problem here - i still think it's not likely (not impossible) for both scum partners to be in relatively exposed positions in the vote. HUB's defense of its vote isn't really helping me out here - i actually prefer Vasex's bloodthirstiness here and frankly given the eagerness for blood HUB was showing i'd expect a "it was the scummiest player and i pushed the elim, eff off" explanation to any pressure about the vote. might be projecting but there's a personality shift i don't like. i'd call this my most viable team
KT+Battle Mage - i don't think this slot is scum for the reasons in 1054/1055. independent of that both were relatively quiet but FP's posts came off as genuine attempts to get me to engage with my thinking, and not in a FUD second-guess way.
KT+trq - mmmmmmmaybe? hammer vote i consider NAI but i don't want to discount that the wagon was unlikely to go through without that vote since fp and i were opposed. this is one i'd have to look over older interactions to draw any reliable conclusions
KT+floo - same as above re: more research necessary
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by FBJim »

UNVOTE: KittyTacky

i do not want a hammer at this stage. HUB wants time to sort stuff out tomorrow and i'm inclined to hear it out
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by FBJim »

for the record absolutely none of KT's posts in the last few pages have changed my mind about wanting them to be eliminated. just not yet.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Vasex »

VOTE: floo
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 999, FBJim wrote:guess it's fine, HUB wants more time, floo wanted to question more people, and TRQ is prodded. up to them.

i suppose scum-KT could selfhammer as a discussion shutdown but i don't think that's a good idea. i'm *still* going to request a hold because that's two players (HUB and floo) who i gather want more information
Why don't you want to hang KT? You voted him, then you was stopping the hammer to wait the others, now everybody has talked, what's the problem now? You saw that trq can hang him, that's why you unvoted, did you?
FBJim
FBJim
Townie
FBJim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by FBJim »

if trq's explanation is that it's busy until tomorrow i want to test it out. and i think this wagon goes through regardless. it's more for my sake than anything, it's a loose end I don't want to leave hanging
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 1038, floo wrote:but Vasex is now my number one scumread.
So you could hammer Kitty, but decided to vote Vasex instead of that.
So what does prevent you to be in a pair with KT?
In that case Ydra was right and my plan to elim both of you one after another is the best plan in this game.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Vasex »

And I want to add, that when KT seemed to forget to search the partner to floo maybe this is because they are working on making an unpair with each other and forget about searching another mafia in this case.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by Vasex »

Kitty is so scummy in his last posts. Especially his suggestion to check floo, his main susp.
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Vasex »

The right check is maybe to check HUB or BM, looking to the end of the game (and to hope Jim is not mafia; maybe he can be checked too, but he is townie almost to everyone so...). Floo and Kitty are not be checking in this game anymore, if it hasn't been already done, this will be the stupidest check ever.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

In post 1066, Vasex wrote:The right check is maybe to check HUB or BM, looking to the end of the game (and to hope Jim is not mafia; maybe he can be checked too, but he is townie almost to everyone so...). Floo and Kitty are not be checking in this game anymore, if it hasn't been already done, this will be the stupidest check ever.
???

I FINALLY finished my project, braindead still and pretty wiped out but I think I'll be able to focus on this tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay, this was one of the busiest weeks for me... ever?
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Jessie that this is indeed a post that exists in the game

more than that I'll have to think about with some sleep
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by Vasex »

Because they are main candidates for scummies, and if the check will be mafia this will be the waste of the check. I see that everybody agrees that there is at least 1 scum in Kitty-Floo, so the best idea is to hang both of them, so the check should be somewhere in Hub-BM, because they have problems with each other so there can be the last one mafia. They have no such problems with Jim, for example.

I have a rather busy day too
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:25 pm

I don't get what you're saying about Jim
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Vasex »

Nevermind
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1056, team rocket queen wrote:
???

happy unbirthday boon is town because it defended me in a way which would be almost gamethrowing
if i flipped mafia

you're correct - this is a scumclaim from KittyTacky. Which makes Vasex's unvote very curious.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by Vasex »

In post 1072, Battle Mage wrote:Which makes Vasex's unvote very curious.
What about Jim's unvote?
I'm ready to to hammer any of this two - Kitty and Floo.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

???

if i flipped mafia

I meant that if I was really his scumbuddy then he would be very, very sus if he failed to defend me after trying so hard. Thus, unless there's a bunch of WIFOM involved, this is a townread on me. Or am I wrong?
Battle Mage wrote:
???

if i flipped mafia

you're correct - this is a scumclaim from KittyTacky. Which makes Vasex's unvote very curious.
Explain how it is a scumclaim.

I said to check Floo if he's not hanged today. Then if it's ELO then we know for sure whether he's scum. Isn't it good to check sus-looking people who don't claim so you don't waste a lynch on them?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”