Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by bugspray »

@mod if a pt gets closed during the same night when a traffic analyst targets a player in the former pt what result would the traffic analyst get?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Costello »

i
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Costello »

this game was a mistake

chara
i will continue to play the win in the meantime but what exactly is required for a town concession
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Farkran »

I will start by (re)producing my case against my current vote, flea

I disliked them for low post/content ratio during d1, then disliked the reaction at costello's selfhammer.

I didn't see a reason to reconsider on them until recently in d2 - even then that's not a 180, i can now see a world where they are town but i would be less surprised if they flip red than green

Re-reading the combined gamma/flea with added knowledge of the flip i don't think a s/s interaction is impossible given posts like + that basically amounts to the only time they have been talking to each other

I don't want to metadive but if anybody has experience with any of the two, use it to compare their exchanges in this game - based on my memory of scum!gamma (2 games total) he is usually lurky and less incline to bus, which could match this scenario where he provides a soft townlean of their partner without ever taking a hard stance about them

And that concludes my scumcase on flea. It's not strong, but it's stronger than what i have on the other possible candidates and as i said we can get help from mech even if we can't solve the game on them alone
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 999, bugspray wrote:
In post 994, Farkran wrote:Why are we even suggesting to vote any one of the two players that have at least a soft mechclear instead of actually limiting the pool and start forming wagons?
what does mechclear in this instance? i don't think we actually have any way of mechanically confirming a player's alignment
The chances Hectic is part of a PT are *extremely* low

Scum PTs remain active and open even when only 1 scum remains, this is true in all games of ms history

I know for a fact that i cannot have been blocked, otherwise i wouldn't have visited hectic (this was announced by mod)

There is a very, very minor chance that hectic is ascetic or he has a power similar to flea but i wouldn't bet the game on this
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Costello »

I am just so absolutely tilted out of my mind from the last 3/4 pages that I don't know how my psyche is ever going to recover
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1000, bugspray wrote:
@mod if a pt gets closed during the same night when a traffic analyst targets a player in the former pt what result would the traffic analyst get?
i cannot answer a question like this in the thread. if you have a question about your role, you may contact me privately.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Costello »

In post 1002, Costello wrote:
chara
i will continue to play to win in the meantime but what exactly is required for a town concession
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1007, Costello wrote:
In post 1002, Costello wrote:
chara
i will continue to play to win in the meantime but what exactly is required for a town concession
hypothetically, i would accept a town concession if every town player requested it, privately.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Costello »

Mine is unironically submitted but I will play on.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 986, Ydrasse wrote:so erm that being said

flea can you give me what your reads actually are this game? i know a few of them but it feels like half the story and you’re focusing a LOT on bruteforcing mech wins rather than reaaaallly solving?
As I said last time we played, I do some interaction watching. Gamma being low activity means I couldn't really draw much there.

Ignoring mech:
Madeline C[]Town - I'll go into this more below.
Hectic feels cruisy but theres no reason at all for a PTCop to lie here as either alignment.
Costello needs a Grammy nomination for AtE/Drama - never mind scummies.
You are starting to pick up a little and my read on you is improving gradually.
Farkran seems to be playing safe but I get a town feel here.
Fu the Huck is bugspray? basically.
In post 988, Ydrasse wrote:i’m also leery of the neighborhood bc i feel like we’ve only gotten vague impressions of the vibes/dynamic but not whats said in them/what was spoken about?

if either of you two have posted it already i’d like to be directed to it pls
I went into the neighbourhood with a clear plan in my mind which Madeline actually asked about in there.
I went into it treating Madeline as town, I was pocketing her. Or rather, I gave her every opportunity to pocket me.
Odds are, I neighbourise town and I wasn't losing anything by basically "locktowning" her from the get go.

My reasoning being, scumMadeline would likely try and take advantage of my stupidity. I was expecting her to be active in there, posting reads and trying to convince me of them as either alignment, but to kinda push them a little more as scum. Given that PT has more value to scum than it does to town for its tricksy uses.

She has done none of that. I genuinely get the impression our PT is more a casual chill chat for her. Very little has been posted in the way of actual reads or deep game discussion from her.

She actually challenged me in there over my openness and willingness to treat her as conftown.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Ydrasse »

mod: v/la until the 6th

i’m keeping my vote on flea for now, irl happening. will see how much i can be around.

i appreciate the reads list but it feels very cagey. and thanks for explaining the pt to us. it doesn’t do much for me to know this after reading it but it’s appreciated regardless.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 889, madeline wrote:
In post 840, Ydrasse wrote:madeline feels different to me, and that means something in a game where i don't think anyone else feels especially different or scummy. from the start she's felt prickly in the way she presents herself, and like... i've never had these sorts of feelings before when she's been town. as town she feels good, and i rarely have these sorts of doubts on her, but this game i do! i read her posts and think, huh, there's a tone to them, and i don't really get what she's doing and i worry that she's trying to emulate what she sounds like as town, or trying to mirror people a bit, and just... going through the motions. that's what her game feels like to me, going through the motions right now. i could be wrong on this but like, she's my second scumread for a reason and it feels like these thoughts i have about her mean something.
the mirroring bit seems ??? as you've enough experience with me to know that isn't alignment indicative; why is 'going through the motions' mafia indicative for me in a game in which i said 'the lights are off' but 'playing without fire' isn't for you, like

this feels so much like

projection, to me
In post 878, Hectic wrote:The prickly vibe from madeline that Ydrasse describes is what's pinging me about her this game too. It's the first time I've felt it from her in a game to this extent, and I do wonder if it's being put on
i feel like you townread me at my prickliest this game? and once i say 'i'm not 100% about hectic clear either' suddenly it is put on
I've had you as my vote preference for a while before this, and it's mostly for "vibes", you feel off somehow but I can't exactly pinpoint it. Ydrasse describes part of it. Are you intentionally playing this alt differently?
In post 891, Flea The Magician wrote:What do the Divorce papers give you hectic?
The SOUL/BONY abilities I described
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 925, madeline wrote:
In post 923, Costello wrote:
In post 921, madeline wrote:and if flea dies the night fae is investigated?
That is okay and still functionally serves its purpose. The nightkill in this case is functionally a town-driven elim.

I would even say this is expected if we choose to investigate Flea as I am not 100% mechanically clear, and neither is Hectic.
In post 924, Flea The Magician wrote:then I'm clear regardless and scum are going to take someone out regardless.

Short of throwing, I'm confident town wins.
i feel like i have to be missing something

the plan seems to be

if hectic or costello are mafia, town loses
if farkran or bugspray are mafia, flip a coin for who wins
hope ydrasse or flea are mafia, to avoid the other options

and this is a plan people are like, 'yeah this is good' about
Pretty much. I don't like how okay Flea is with getting launched and still has confidence that town will still win. Feels like the least believable reaction of everyone who's been pushed today.
Ydrasse got a little upset. madeline doesn't like it and pushes back and tries to see if her accusers are approaching her in good faith. Flea says it's win/win?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 965, madeline wrote:
In post 964, Costello wrote:
In post 962, madeline wrote:interesting timing of those claims, if anyone would like to look,
Are you suggesting I did not have a PT with catboi?

Whether I'm scum with the PT or town with the PT doesn't make a difference for what the mechanical decision should be.
i am suggesting that there is no way for us to know if you did have a pt since catboi died in the night and if you did have a pt there is no way for us to know if it is still open, as there would be little reason for it to be since farkran says his ability simply detects pt even with one person in it so design wise would expect it to be limited time for your ability,
The only reason for scum!Costello to claim the truth of his Raven role is if he's worried about a possible rolecop ability somewhere. That's the only reason to give town paranoia/doubt on whether he actually made the final decision over catboi. If this is the case, lying about a PT which would also be catchable by a rolecop seems very pointless
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 972, Costello wrote:Like I can still be mafia but like, jesus fucking christ, the mechanical suggestions rn are horrific and I want Hectic back
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 975, Costello wrote:Dumbest part of this btw was cat lost viewing access but the PT is still open/I can post in it
In post 528, Costello wrote:
In post 527, Not Chara wrote:gently takes
give my cat the goddamn pt back what if he needs the mixtape
If he was going to cheat and post in it or something he could have done that the entire time he had access.
I like the nuance
In post 977, madeline wrote:or we could vote for costello today, thank not chara for moderating, and continue to check the thread every once in a while to see if isis posts postmortem thoughts on the design
Are you really
that
confident on Costello flipping scum?

I don't think the PT remaining open is condemning at all
In post 993, Costello wrote:Rule #2 is a thing, I will be a good little mafia player and not make even the slightest further suggestion or gesture that I am very much at the limit of my patience again this game, and instead I will 100% try my hardest and enjoy doing so!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: Flea the Magician L-1

Mech is overrated anyway. Let's vote for who we think is scum based off
play
, crazy concept, I know. is fine and I relate in not having any strong scumreads

If this is hammered,
bugspray
, please protect Farkran tonight. He's a PT Cop and his checks are very valuable if he's town

Costello, take a break from the game, play some final fantasy plumber simulators, sip on some goomba maritinis, and come back REFRESHED. I know you've got plenty WIM in you but you shouldn't burn yourself out when you get too invested
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Costello »

Flea needs to close the PT for madeline and then I'm hammering that btw, my impression yesterday was that you were right. I think putting Fark on Ydrasse tonight works well and think that it's in those 3 even if that's wrong

DO NOT HAMMER UNTIL FLEA CLOSES THE PT
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Costello »

Like I got distracted and never finished but meta I could see the point on both Ydrasse town/Flea scum even if it's not necessarily correct, and while I found the unvote by Flea natural I thought the stuff that came after w/ the renewed confidence but no revote until later was sketchy.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Costello »

also the attempts to avoid the Fark N2 investigation w/ the closure were lol
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Hectic »

UNVOTE: Flea The Magician

No unexpected sprays allowed
In post 1019, Costello wrote:Like I got distracted and never finished but meta I could see the point on both Ydrasse town/Flea scum even if it's not necessarily correct, and while I found the unvote by Flea natural I thought the stuff that came after w/ the renewed confidence but no revote until later was sketchy.
This is a good point, yeah
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Costello »

like the checklist before voting flea is:

1) close pt
2) have flea ask chara privately "Do I have access to any PTs?", confirm answer is no

imo leaving the vote up is fine in case they just want to skip doing that and concede but yes it risks a yolospray
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 950, Flea The Magician wrote:The other option is yeetdrasse, investigate ME OR MADELINE.

We do not reveal if the PT is open or closed.

That would confirm Farkran for sure.

Frankly if Farkran is scum, hes played a damned good game here and I wouldn't be salty.
I don't get this at all either. Even if it was in question Farkran was really a PT cop, this would be giving him a 50/50 anyway to guess. How is that confirming him "for sure"? Very confused.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1022, Costello wrote:like the checklist before voting flea is:

1) close pt
2) have flea ask chara privately "Do I have access to any PTs?", confirm answer is no

imo leaving the vote up is fine in case they just want to skip doing that and concede but yes it risks a yolospray
I'd prefer to avoid a classic yolospray

Flea, you cool to do this when you're around? I understand the surrounding circumstances are awkward but you're a magician; just fly after we launch you

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”