TM 2021 Large Normal 2: Wikipedia Integer Facts (Over)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

@IV: Ah. OK. I think Titus is Town here, but the read is getting weaker and weaker due to her continuous unavailability.

Also, her reluctance to use a fully-fledged VCA despite the fact we did have a red flip already is creeping into my soul

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5275, Almost50 wrote:@IV: Ah. OK. I think Titus is Town here, but the read is getting weaker and weaker due to her continuous unavailability.

Also, her reluctance to use a fully-fledged VCA despite the fact we did have a red flip already is creeping into my soul
What are you talking about my continuous unavailability. I'll be VLA this weekend but likely still posting some.

Mod: VLA this weekend
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

I am talking about exactly this. You are -usually- one of the most vocal players in any given game, and especially so when you are Town (i.e. when you are trying to figure things out). Your play here gives me the impression you are not interested in figuring things out. I dunno if it's actually the case or if it's a false impression I got from you being VLA most of the time, but that's how I feel.

As I said, I still think you are Town for some of the stuff you posted, and some of the stances you've made, but I do miss the "flare". The Titus I'm used to would have done a complete VCA and specified a slot (or two at most) for us to wagon today.

So, if I was to use meta
heavily
I would probably be calling you Scum here. But I only use meta as a secondary/supporting scum hunting tool.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 5259, Cephrir wrote:if you make me pick between bell and mastina i don't know what i'll do
the narrative intrigue we play mafia for :3
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Titus »

*shrug*

I'll try to clarify my VCA notes later today. Depression sucks terribly.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 5274, Cephrir wrote:it's probably interesting to observe me in games like this one because 90% of my mafia play these days is intentionally selecting games with certain players i enjoy and who i feel comfortable playing second fiddle to, basing my decisions on agreeing or disagreeing or suspecting those players, etc

it appears that without that i go to a very gut based style where i frequently change my mind at the drop of a hat
ok sure thats fine. yeah, i feel i am similar in this respect
Almost50 wrote:I am talking about exactly this. You are -usually- one of the most vocal players in any given game, and especially so when you are Town (i.e. when you are trying to figure things out). Your play here gives me the impression you are not interested in figuring things out. I dunno if it's actually the case or if it's a false impression I got from you being VLA most of the time, but that's how I feel.

As I said, I still think you are Town for some of the stuff you posted, and some of the stances you've made, but I do miss the "flare". The Titus I'm used to would have done a complete VCA and specified a slot (or two at most) for us to wagon today.

So, if I was to use meta
heavily
I would probably be calling you Scum here. But I only use meta as a secondary/supporting scum hunting tool.
i like this take, thanks. my experience of town!Titus is just more energy/engagement as well overall. but i also agree with Titus going through RL stuff it just makes reading her that much tougher

i think maybe some of Titus's earlier posting when she was more engaged might be more AI. ill relook that for my to-do list
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1633, AGar wrote:I just think you're unfunny and try and pass off scummy shit as "humor" and I think you were trying to nag and prod at the RC thing to see if you could derail a thread into a shitshow of toxicity about a player that isn't in the game. LLD made it explicitly clear how she feels about RC, and that subject had been dead and dropped until you found reason to bring it back up when nothing productive can come from it. I can find two reasons as to why you would do that, and I make a rule of assuming players aren't the stupidest fucking antitown actor that I've ever met.
In post 2340, AGar wrote:
In post 2197, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2171, AGar wrote:
In post 2151, Dunnstral wrote:Agar, I'm not seeing what you're seeing in hopkirk
I don't feel it's all that opaque but I'll properly case it out.
It's more that I don't agree with what you've been quoting so far

For what it's worth I have hopkirk at around null.
I'm not sure how you're disagreeing with the recent stuff, it seems fairly cut and dry.

My strong suspicion of Hopkirk is based primarily on two prongs:

1) I think that throwing the "[teammate] was offended by the slander of RC and I'm gonna bring that back up a couple dozen pages later" bomb out there was a specific attempt to derail a strong player who basically BoP'd herself into a tunnel of vitriol and lost focus. Whether it took hold to me is irrelevant - the entire thing was unnecessary and again, I go out of my way to assume players aren't [redacted name] when it comes to "are they scum or are they incredibly incompetent as town?" scenarios. Also incredibly amusing when squared with this post. Makes you think.

2) Hopkirk has on more than one occasion posited something, and then when called on it, backtracked to say he didn't actually mean it
that way
and tried to chalk it up to he just used a word loosely. Throwing Hercule in as a counterwagon to LLD was maybe the easiest example to catch him on and also the one in which he probably thought he could get away easiest. There was a wagon on Hercule, and he legitimately tried to get away with saying he didn't mean counterwagon when he said counterwagon. Sorry, not buying that bullshit.

Lesser notes:

He tried to recycle the point about "appealing to the crowd" against me (by appealing to a crowd, lol), even though it was brought up in reference to folks trying to appeal to a crowd that they were town/how are people buying it, and any appeals I've made have been to convince people to
look at a scumbag
, which - last I checked - was half the battle as town. I dunno, find it pretty scummy that part of the defense would be "Hey he's trying to get other people to weigh in!" because it tells me he has no actual basis to disprove/dispute my read, so he's resorting to trying to undercut me instead.

He's tried to spin everything around that I'm coming at him with as "oh you're just personally attacking me, you're being mean!" when I'm explicitly calling this out as scummy behavior. Again - his best defense has been "oh I didn't mean
counterwagon
when I called Hercule a
counterwagon
". Sometimes when scum tells you they're scum, you should believe them.

I've highlighted problems with , , and and the gratuitous stretch needed to get those mental gymnastics in place.

Ythan being inexplicably cagey with Dann in the early 2200s. And Oka.

This:
In post 2241, Luca Blight wrote:I read the first half of the game quite closely, but have skimmed most of it since then tbh.
does not square with
this:

In post 2273, Luca Blight wrote:It's going to take more than a skim-through to solidify my reads.
And definitely not with having three charmin townreads and no scumreads.

Hey
@IV
In post 2263, innocentvillager wrote:i doubt it's an intentional misrep from mastina even if she is scum and you feel she misrepped you?
Very weird defense of mastina here. Why?
Hedging to a less commonly applied definition is great for maneuvering how you wish. Retroactively being able to manipulate your perceived stances to one more flattering benefits scum. It's pretty difficult to prove what you meant because communication is flawed and you are not painstakingingly explaining what you mean by what you say. But the fact that either definition could have implied from your sentence structure is a grammatical choice. Also yeah I don't have much proof but I have seen scum default to an argument of fairness or feigned victimization/oversimplifying the arguments made against them. Though I also think that due to the nature of the argument neither side can truly be refuted.

He spent the rest of his time picking at other players reasoning questioning IV, Ythan and A50. It's a plain misrepresentation that he's been playing narrowly.
In post 4697, AGar wrote:
Hopkirk is still scum, y'all

Bullet points from
  • Specifically throwing RC's name out
    at LLD
    , knowing that it could derail the attention of a strong scumhunter, under the guise of a joke is scummy as shit. This was a couple hundred posts and 24+ hours after the initial comment by LLD. Why bring it up other than to throw kerosene on a fire and see if you can derail it? ()
  • Persistent using one word then when called, trying to backtrack and saying he used that word but meant a different thing. This isn't just a mistake one time and going "ah right, I misused that," it's a consistent pattern of trying to weasel out of being held accountable. ([A] initial + backtrack.
    initial + backtrack.)
  • Recycling previous scumhunting points used by others and deliberately manipulating either the facts of what happened or the intent of the point to fit his narrative to try and bolster fake scumhunting. ()
  • Any pressure has been attempted to be discredited with the insinuation that things are personal as opposed to being scumhunting - discrediting and no actual defense. (, )
Additions:
  • His reasonings for "locktowning" players have been the kind of garbage that scum make up so they can justify a townread they already have. (ex: re: xtoxm, everything in )
  • Supposedly I am his only definitive scumread - I'm separate from the POE pool now, y'all! - yet he has done fuckall to actually get a yeet on me. I've pointed this out in and . Someone don't want blood on their hands. He's had three days to present any kind of reason as to why I'm scum, but he knows it's all horseshit and he'd rather burden someone else with the bad reasoning by asking anyone and everyone to scumread me.
  • His posts have an air of "I want scumhunting done!" but lack actual content himself and he would rather burden other folks with that. ( asking why no one has analyzed the D1 wagons, alternatively, ISO him and ctrl+f my name and see how many times he just throws "agar?" into replies to folks because he doesn't like that his pet misyeet is being townread.)
  • is full of the WIFOM-y bullshit that scum love to throw out there because it can't be proven, it's worthless spec, and it justifies misyeets easily.
I don't think his further points against you are unwarranted. In general there are expectations on progressions. If you say you scum read someone we expect updates, reads, pivots to others, I think they also are progressive points of inquiry that make sense. "If hopkirk truly thinks I'm scum then why is he being so easily discouraged from pushing his beliefs harder?" There are phases to accusations , you said you were busy IRL and I understand that. But Agar neither knew this nor does this exempt you from appearing to play anemically. I understand there's a good faith argument or that you are not supposed to doubt people's reasons. But the facts are that scum post less frequently than their town selves do. Scum are not naturally more busy than town are. They're either avoiding the thread intentionally or unintentionally. Perhaps because they need to think more before making a move.

TLDR: I don't think Agar has said anything obviously false. You've misrepresented him as only having one scum read/focus. His second post against you is a common template of reasoning in regards to activity and expectations of progression. It seems natural to me.

I'll get to your posts/points against Agar in a separate post. I might not tho. I'm tired and need to chill for a bit.