Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

Patrick wrote:Populartajo didn't vote for ashmite, so I don't think ashmite could have killed him. It's also not exactly uncommon for a scum kill to feature two or more shots instead of one - it looks more like window dressing here.
Yet the doc was shot only once. Yes keep digging that grave. I'm still waiting to hear from others on their thoughts.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm kinda interested in all these backtracks myself. I like my Patrick vote more now. Why do you presume to know so much about ash's role anyway Patrick? I mean, I don't see any connection, but it's odd that you'll use something you really don't know anything about to defend yourself.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Patrick wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I agree that I was lazy when replacing into this game. I saw in Patrick an odd treatment of the werewolf issue and seized on it. In particular, how he doesn't present that one of him or lordhur must be a werewolf (saying it maybe odd vig flavor), but then after lord hur makes hte "him or me" argument, Patrick immediately votes lord hur. If Patrick thought it was possible that neither him not lord hur were the werewolf, I would not expect him to OMGUS like that. So yeah, I didn't really pay attention to everything else Patrick was saying because I thought I had already found something crucial.
My issue with your play is actually consistent laziness and narrow mindedness. Virtually all your posts have involved attacking me whilst defending yesterday's scum, and I don't remember you commenting on any other player (and naturally, you've ignored ashmite breadcrumbing his role). I've outlined why I think potential scumbuddies of hur would have been eager to save him yesterday, but even aside from that, you're play looks like you've just found a safe point or two to continue bashing on, rather than scumhunting.
vote Patrick
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Patrick »

farside wrote:Yet the doc was shot only once. Yes keep digging that grave. I'm still waiting to hear from others on their thoughts.
Eh? What does this have to do with anything? It was made pretty clear that Dasquian was killed by two groups by the description dismembered and shotgunned. Are you telling me you think ashmite killed populartajo on night 1? I don't buy that you actually believe that to be the case.
forbiddanlight wrote:I'm kinda interested in all these backtracks myself.
Which ones are those again?
forbiddanlight wrote:Why do you presume to know so much about ash's role anyway Patrick? I mean, I don't see any connection, but it's odd that you'll use something you really don't know anything about to defend yourself.
Put yourself in my position as town. What other plausible theory is there? I certainly can't see any other way it could have happened.

Assuming I'm lynched today, just kill elvis tomorrow if she's still around. She looks ever inch a scumbag.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Patrick wrote:
farside wrote:Yet the doc was shot only once. Yes keep digging that grave. I'm still waiting to hear from others on their thoughts.
Eh? What does this have to do with anything? It was made pretty clear that Dasquian was killed by two groups by the description dismembered and shotgunned. Are you telling me you think ashmite killed populartajo on night 1? I don't buy that you actually believe that to be the case.
forbiddanlight wrote:I'm kinda interested in all these backtracks myself.
forbiddanlight wrote:Why do you presume to know so much about ash's role anyway Patrick? I mean, I don't see any connection, but it's odd that you'll use something you really don't know anything about to defend yourself.
Put yourself in my position as town. What other plausible theory is there? I certainly can't see any other way it could have happened.

Assuming I'm lynched today, just kill elvis tomorrow if she's still around. She looks ever inch a scumbag.
How do you explain one night with 2 gun shots and another night with one gun shot?
Also waiting to see if anyone else really believes that ashmite (who hasn't posted since Aug 11th) was lynched Aug 18 and a death scene not written till Aug 22nd would have sent the mod a PM. I'm just not believing that for a second.
In other news I agree that Elvis vote without an explanination is very suspcious.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Patrick »

farside wrote:How do you explain one night with 2 gun shots and another night with one gun shot?
Why does it need some special explanation? I think the two shots to tajo came from the same gun (which is why it just says he was shotgunned). I don't for a second believe that he was killed by two seperate parties (Das was and it was made obvious from the description).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Patrick wrote:
farside wrote:How do you explain one night with 2 gun shots and another night with one gun shot?
Why does it need some special explanation? I think the two shots to tajo came from the same gun (which is why it just says he was shotgunned). I don't for a second believe that he was killed by two seperate parties (Das was and it was made obvious from the description).
Because the vigs typically use a gun that is why it needs an explaination
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also waiting to see if anyone else really believes that ashmite (who hasn't posted since Aug 11th) was lynched Aug 18 and a death scene not written till Aug 22nd would have sent the mod a PM. I'm just not believing that for a second.
Hell no.

Well, mostly Lord_hur=werewolf to ash=werewolf vig. I think you are grasping at anything that might save you.

Well, yeah, except you probably aren't town. Ash wasn't around to maim, and I still doubt you get a night action after death :S.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 am

Post by farside22 »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Hell no.

Well, mostly Lord_hur=werewolf to ash=werewolf vig. I think you are grasping at anything that might save you.

Well, yeah, except you probably aren't town. Ash wasn't around to maim, and I still doubt you get a night action after death :S.
As a vengeful vig I can see someone getting to attack back right away, however I don't see as I stated someone who has been gone sending a PM to the mod declaring an action.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As a vengeful vig I can see someone getting to attack back right away, however I don't see as I stated someone who has been gone sending a PM to the mod declaring an action.
This is pretty much my thoughts.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Please prod Litral who hasn't posted since the 9th. Thank you.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Patrick »

forbaiddanlight wrote:Well, yeah, except you probably aren't town. Ash wasn't around to maim, and I still doubt you get a night action after death :S.
This is a dodge of what I asked you. You've said you think I'd be pushing the vengeful vig theory if I was scum. That's true. But the convenient point being missed is that it's also perfectly reasonable from the protown perspective as well. Saying "yeah but I don't think you're town" is a cop out. I'll ask you again: If I'm town, do you think it's reasonable for me to think that ashmite killed those players? A straight answer this time please. The accusation that I'm backtracking holds no water - my stance changed significantly because of significant new information. In fact, I'm not sure how it couldn't have changed.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is a dodge of what I asked you. You've said you think I'd be pushing the vengeful vig theory if I was scum. That's true. But the convenient point being missed is that it's also perfectly reasonable from the protown perspective as well. Saying "yeah but I don't think you're town" is a cop out. I'll ask you again: If I'm town, do you think it's reasonable for me to think that ashmite killed those players? A straight answer this time please. The accusation that I'm backtracking holds no water - my stance changed significantly because of significant new information. In fact, I'm not sure how it couldn't have changed.
Well, we could theorize that things are so screwed up the mafia mauls and werewolves shoot. And really, I can't think of any other theory that would make you not scum. I guess the only thing you can do is cling to ashmites role with whatever you can think of :S.
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

In that case, I don't see how it's reasonable to accuse me of backtracking.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

In that case, I don't see how it's reasonable to accuse me of backtracking.
Maybe I'm coasting too much on others posts. It's known to happen with me when I'm starting to get into a game. I still think you are scum clinging too much to the ash theory though, even without backtracking.
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Patrick »

As any alignment it's obvious I'm going to cling onto the only plausible theory where I'm innocent. I don't see how I can be clinging onto it too much.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As any alignment it's obvious I'm going to cling onto the only plausible theory where I'm innocent. I don't see how I can be clinging onto it too much.
I guess so. It's just that it's implausible. The only good thing is that breadcrumb you found but I honestly don't feel that's enough to counter ash's absence and venge kill during the night AFTER death?
-StrangerCoug

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Patrick »

I don't see the big deal about ashmite's posting dropping off - not posting isn't the same thing as not around. Even now his sig claims limited access, not a crisis forcing him to leave entirely. I think he was still around and couldn't be bothered to post (he did mention he was having difficulties drawing conclusions).
forbiddanlight wrote:venge kill during the night AFTER death?
Killing after death is not a big deal when your role has vengeful in it's name. Killing at night is what most "vigilante" roles do (distinct from the seperate role dayvigilante obv).
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't see the big deal about ashmite's posting dropping off - not posting isn't the same thing as not around. Even now his sig claims limited access, not a crisis forcing him to leave entirely. I think he was still around and couldn't be bothered to post (he did mention he was having difficulties drawing conclusions).
From what farside is saying, this wasn't just this game. This was on the whole site.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

Patrick wrote:I don't see the big deal about ashmite's posting dropping off - not posting isn't the same thing as not around. Even now his sig claims limited access, not a crisis forcing him to leave entirely. I think he was still around and couldn't be bothered to post (he did mention he was having difficulties drawing conclusions).
forbiddanlight wrote:venge kill during the night AFTER death?
Killing after death is not a big deal when your role has vengeful in it's name. Killing at night is what most "vigilante" roles do (distinct from the seperate role dayvigilante obv).
Ashmites sig reads:
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Seeing not one post and knowing he was replaced in 2 game 1 where he did not pick up the prod tells me everything I need to know
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by Litral »

Plenty of interesting flavor arguments here, I think, I'll read and respond later...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: Patrick
. His behaviour right now doesn't seem more scummy or more protown to me, but I think there is enough evidence against him to lynch him. And if we want to lynch him ever in this game, I think now is the best time. The same counted for lord_hur yesterday.

Btw, if you don't look at his behaviour at all, there isn't much of a defense for him anyway, except the breadcrumb. I mean, everything that is said in his defense assumes that he is town, which doesn't make him scummy, but doesn't help him either.

I think this is lynch -1 or lynch -2 now. If anyone else plans on voting Patrick, please wait until everyone said what he wanted to say.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Lawrencelot wrote:I think this is lynch -1 or lynch -2 now. If anyone else plans on voting Patrick, please wait until everyone said what he wanted to say.
Everyone
said
... what
he
wanted to say.... *brain-pain* :P

And that would be L-1, yes. I agree that Patrick is the lynch for today. There scenario he proposes where he's innocent just doesn't hold water. And there's no way we can conclude the argument without getting him out of the way, so we might as well get it over with.
I'll reserve the opportunity to hammer, we still have over a week to bicker..
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

TonyMontana wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:I think this is lynch -1 or lynch -2 now. If anyone else plans on voting Patrick, please wait until everyone said what he wanted to say.
Everyone
said
... what
he
wanted to say.... *brain-pain* :P
Sorry that's a Dutch form lol. I meant "they". Is something like "everyone does what he wants" incorrect in English as well?
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:27 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I'm no authority on English, it isn't my first language either, but I don't think that's proper grammar, no ;)
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”