Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Superb Subtlety »

No, I already read that iso and came to the conclusion it somewhat lightly pointed at BM but that not much of any use could be gained from TFL
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 1245, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1243, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1241, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1104, Superb Subtlety wrote:
In post 1102, PenguinPower wrote:Can we elim BM today?

That would be nice.
Yeah, TFL voted BM then immediately tried to shift to people who he said were suspicious for BM votes
He has something to do with MHTP’s results, bank on it.
Some reason you’re ignoring this @MHTP? He’s way to eager to ram my miselim through. This isn’t town. He’s some how responsible for your result.

BM had sus interactions with TFL and now he’s hard driving my miselim. Please think people. God!
Very Well.

Interactions that can prevent my neighbourising are Roleblock and Redirection.
I had claimed no hostile ability, simply that I hold the loyal modifier in 2 crumbs.
Given the great effect of Mastinas claim, she would then become a greater priority target.
A redirection action from yourself to scum seems incredibly unlikely.

If you do flip green, Battle Mage will be subject to scrutiny.
I had claimed I believe Koalawang to be antitown and a distraction ability - balanced by the cost of it this seems appropriate.

Mechanically you are now the best elimination.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 1247, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 842, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:the wagons are blah for me generally.....The Rathe wagon atp seem bad. Its possible they are newbcum but I think we need more time to sort. Honestly i have no idea on how to sort Mastina atp. Her play is just wierd but I am not sure if it just normal Mastina weird or scum Mastina weird. Like Rathe, I want to take at least another day to sort her .Also, Mastina seems like an easy mislynch for today

I agree with Reya here BM seems like a good compromise vote here. Not sure if they are scum but seems they will more likely flip scum then Mastina or Rathe
In post 843, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:VOTE: Batle Mage
In post 846, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Subtle can you explain your vote. It seems opportunistic. Why are you voting BM here?
In post 847, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:
In post 844, Superb Subtlety wrote:VOTE: Battle Mage

Definitely not a vanity wagon now lol
Honestly I dont like this post at all.........
In post 852, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Just notice all of the Rathe votes minus wheme have suddenly jumped on the BM wagon and I am not sure what to make of that
Will you people fucking read or what? If people are going to play this dumb and ignore this then yeah go ahead ahead and miselim me. Town 100% deserves to lose this. When we flip green, it’s on jjh’s head for not listening to me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1251, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:

That would be nice.
Yeah, TFL voted BM then immediately tried to shift to people who he said were suspicious for BM votes
Some reason you’re ignoring this @MHTP? He’s way to eager to ram my miselim through. This isn’t town. He’s some how responsible for your result.

BM had sus interactions with TFL and now he’s hard driving my miselim. Please think people. God!
Very Well.

I had claimed no hostile ability, simply that I hold the loyal modifier in 2 crumbs.
Given the great effect of Mastinas claim, she would then become a greater priority target.

I had claimed I believe Koalawang to be antitown and a distraction ability - balanced by the cost of it this seems appropriate.

are you picking up what i'm putting down?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:03 pm

One thing I have considered here that you have not is that TFL needed to scumread a good selection of town so he could dayvig someone on day 2, and he may have been going for a BM mislim while setting up to suspect myself and penguin on a townflip so he could shoot one of us and get the towncred of being a dayvig
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

That would be nice.

Very Well.

No, and if you were actually using your brain, you would know that it’s BM but I honestly don’t gaf anymore.

VOTE: Smoke and Mirrors

We’re flipping town but since no one’s listening, I don’t want to be in this stupid game anymore.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:07 pm

It's not that I am not listening to you. I just disagree with the majority of the things you are saying.

Self voting achieves nothing when I have told you to just wait.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 pm

When you say things like that I should know you are town-

No, I should not. I have not seen your role PM. I don't rate meta as highly as you do. I am more careful and I do not jump to conclusions like you do.

And there is a mechanical guilty, so I'm gonna wait for more mechanics if there are any, and you should too. Impatience will only cause you more problems.

Thing is, you say things like that all the damn time and I would never stop typing if I responded to every post to try to give you actual insight into my perspective rather than what you think my perspective is like.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1188, Superb Subtlety wrote:Sorry Nancy, but it's actually a very plausible guilty and I'm still not sure of your alignment here
If you're town, just sit and hope there's an explanation someone is willing to give because nothing else can realistically be done
If nothing changes I can see myself voting you when I've had more time to use the day phase
Basically, this.

I am not 100% sure Smoke/Mirrors is town or scum.
But barring any other explanation. Lightning rod, rolestopper targeting Smoke/Mirrors, roleblocker targeting Mad Hatters Tea Party, alien targeting either S/M or MHTP, busdriver driving S/M with someone else, redirector. (Most of which if existing would probably be scum disinclined to claim their result.)
The mechanical guilty is not something we can ignore.

If nobody comes forward with an explanation for the failure, the possibilities are only, 1: scum caused the failure, or, 2: the failure was due to targeting scum and getting a guilty.

The possibility of the latter is too strong to ignore.

So I believe that Smoke/Mirrors should, 100%, be the elimination today because it's either a guilty or gives us information about the scum's PRs, confirming they have a Manipulation-category role. The former puts us in a position to possibly have a literally perfect town game with zero town deaths and three dead scum; the latter, while costing us the life of a town player, gives us a small cautionary tale and lets us know that scum have a method to interfere with our roles.

Given we're so early into the day--it feels premature to end the day on a Smoke and Mirrors elimination; we should give it time, let people post, get collected, all and all in general talk, discuss, get any info out that they feel they need to get out, air any suspicions they feel they need to give, etc. (Thus why I'm not voting right now.)

But Smoke and Mirrors absolutely
should
be the elimination here.
(Plus on a side note. They're one of the only slots who'd kill either me or Superb Subtlety N1. Other players could kill the Ali/jjh hydra, but Smoke/Mirrors is legit the only slot who I could see targeting either of us, honestly.)
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:28 pm

In post 1253, Battle Mage wrote:

That would be nice.

Very Well.

are you picking up what i'm putting down?
Possibly not, despite appearances I am not the most intelligent being, I am quite mad you know.
In post 1255, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

That would be nice.

Very Well.

No, and if you were actually using your brain, you would know that it’s BM but I honestly don’t gaf anymore.

VOTE: Smoke and Mirrors

We’re flipping town but since no one’s listening, I don’t want to be in this stupid game anymore.
We require the presence of every person active in the game to provide input. Battle Mage has claimed to target me last night with an investigative role and therefore shall be scrutinised if your elimination is incorrect. Given that I would believe tomorrow would be a massclaim with 2 psuedo-confirmed town aligned players. It would prove interesting.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:30 pm

For what its worth Mastina, you presence as town would scare the life out of me as scum, and I would be heavily inclined to remove you from the game at the earliest opportunity. :)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1085, Xtoxm wrote:
TheFuzzylogic99(7)
~ Superb Subtlety, Whemestar, Mad Hatters Tea Party, PenguinPower, Raya36, Korina, Noraabear
(FLIP)

mastina(2)
~ April Ludgate, Rathe
Korina(2)
~ Smoke and Mirrors, mastina
PenguinPower(1)
~ Battle Mage
Superb Subtlety is highly likely to have been the N1 nightkill--they are basically conftown here.
Mad Hatters Tea Party's claim never comes from scum, and is mostly vouched for--they are basically conftown here.
Battle Mage isn't hardclaiming his investigative role, nor should he, but he is vouching for MHTP in a way that is incredibly unlikely to be scum--so a fairly high chance of being town here. Narrows it down further to this:
In post 1085, Xtoxm wrote:
TheFuzzylogic99(7)
~ Whemestar, PenguinPower, Raya36, Korina, Noraabear
(FLIP)

mastina(2)
~ April Ludgate, Rathe
Korina(2)
~ Smoke and Mirrors
WhemeStar, claimed Janitor, looks incredibly town.
PenguinPower, mostly unclaimed (presumably), isn't as hard-cleared but feels like a lower-priority here in looking town overall.
Raya, unclaimed as far as I know, looks incredibly town. Nothing as hard-clearing, but still a lower-priority regardless.
Korina, claimed mortician, isn't someone I'd clear--at this point in the wagon there were no alternatives for Korina to wagon. I'd say a high priority for trying to sort.
Noraabear, claimed godfather, isn't someone I'd clear--at this point in the wagon there were no alternatives for Noraabear to wagon. I'd say a high priority for trying to sort. However I do still lean town overall.
April Ludgate, claimed Ninja Visitor, isn't someone I'd clear.
Rathe (unless I'm forgetting, is unclaimed) isn't someone I'd clear.

Smoke and Mirrors is the default elimination today due to the mechanical guilty; when sorting others, should look through both the lens of them being scum and the lens of them not being scum.

So high priorities to sort: {Korina, Noraabear, April Ludgate, Rathe} imo.
(Note that high priority != scum. There's a maximum of 1-2 scum in there. If Smoke/Mirrors is scum, then there's a maximum of 1 scum in there and it could in fact be 0 if there's scum in those I consider low-priority to sort. It's just that sorting the names in here feels like a top priority imo.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 68, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 65, PenguinPower wrote:i don't like this game
I WILL DAYVIG YOU
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiit a seconddddddd......
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1262, mastina wrote:
I WILL DAYVIG YOU
MOD:
In post 1085, Xtoxm wrote:ACTIVE -- Day 2 Afternoon Sniper -- On Day 2, in the AFTERNOON phase (after the first 72 hours), you may target a player with a killing action. If that player dies, they will show as being killed with
blown away by a high caliber rifle
Did this need to be submitted publicly into the gamethread, or could it be via PM or in the mafia topic?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I was very wrong about Fuzzy, my bad. I guess I was reading too much into his early play and not so much into his later play. Since I guess scum would know this now I'm going to claim that I started a neighborhood with Fuzzy. He was a bit on the quiet side in the PT so maybe I should have caught on to that but he was also a little on the quieter side in the thread so I didn't think too much into it.

In the PT Fuzzy said that he town reads Mastina off the top of his head but said he's usually wrong early game. We were also agreeing there that she would be a bad D1 kill for town. He also said that Nora is obvtown based on role.

I asked about Penguin and April. Hadn't sorted Penguin yet and April was kind of a 50/50.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1101, Rathe wrote:sorry raya
No need to apologize :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1263, mastina wrote:
In post 1262, mastina wrote:
I WILL DAYVIG YOU
MOD:
In post 1085, Xtoxm wrote:ACTIVE -- Day 2 Afternoon Sniper -- On Day 2, in the AFTERNOON phase (after the first 72 hours), you may target a player with a killing action. If that player dies, they will show as being killed with
Did this need to be submitted publicly into the gamethread, or could it be via PM or in the mafia topic?
(If you can't tell, Smoke/Mirrors mentioning a dayvig when scum had a dayvig is...not looking good for their chances of being town here. :P If Smoke/Mirrors are actually town, this has to be like a top ten most unfortunate coincidence sort of deal where a string of the most hilariously condemning evidence piles onto a town player, because uhhhhhhh...yeah, this definitely IS incriminating given what Fuzzy flipped.)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1111, mastina wrote:
In post 1086, Xtoxm wrote:
A PLUME OF FLAMES APPEARS ON THE HORIZON

Nobody died in the night.
So I am now doubly conftown from this.

Claim: Phoenix, 1x (publicly announced when consumed) Bulletproof Day and Night Bodyguard

During the night, I target a player--that player is, explicitly, protected from harm for that night
and the following day
. (Which means Superb Subtlety cannot die today.) The presence of a scum dayvig confirms that my bodyguard's day-protection ability is real and town.

The announcement was posted, so I was shot last night--
I protected Superb Subtlety N1
. (My role doesn't differentiate between me being directly shot and me being shot in the process of protecting someone, but chances are given the suspicion on me yesterday that I stopped a kill by the scum who tried to shoot Superb Subtlety.)

My NAR priority ranking is 7.

I told you the scum wouldn't be able to stop me and would be caught off-guard. :P
Sounds pretty solid to me
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 pm

You should clear korina and noraa

They did not need to make those votes considering the amount of deadline left, and they could have made the votes in a way that allowed TFL to claim

PEdit: nah that's not a thing, Mastina
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm

Any other mechanical stuff worth mentioning, Raya?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1264, Raya36 wrote:I was very wrong about Fuzzy, my bad. I guess I was reading too much into his early play and not so much into his later play. Since I guess scum would know this now I'm going to claim that I started a neighborhood with Fuzzy. He was a bit on the quiet side in the PT so maybe I should have caught on to that but he was also a little on the quieter side in the thread so I didn't think too much into it.

In the PT Fuzzy said that he town reads Mastina off the top of his head but said he's usually wrong early game. We were also agreeing there that she would be a bad D1 kill for town. He also said that Nora is obvtown based on role.

I asked about Penguin and April. Hadn't sorted Penguin yet and April was kind of a 50/50.
I buy that.

It's easier for town to be snowed by a scum neighbor.

I don't think Raya fakeclaims this, so add Raya to the list of players basically-hard-cleared.

ESSENTIALLY CONFTOWN: {Superb Subtlety, Mad Hatters Tea Part, Raya36, Battle Mage}
LOW PRIORITY SORTS/TOWNREADS: {WhemeStar, PenguinPower}
HIGH PRIORITY SORTS: {April Ludgate, Rathe, Korina, Noraabear}.

I'm working on April right now with a triple-iso. (Fuzzy+S/M+third name, will be going through all of April/Rathe/Korina/Noraabear.)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Raya36 »

So there's a good chance if we elim S&M/MHTP then eliminate the other if the first flips town we'll get scum? I am a little worried though because S&M sounds very genuine
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1270, mastina wrote:I'm working on April right now with a triple-iso. (Fuzzy+S/M+third name, will be going through all of April/Rathe/Korina/Noraabear.)
Just did this. April fits as a scumbuddy quite well, but then again it'd be hard not to given the collective contributions of all three slots. :P

Korina's next.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:00 pm

In post 1271, Raya36 wrote:So there's a good chance if we elim S&M/MHTP then eliminate the other if the first flips town we'll get scum? I am a little worried though because S&M sounds very genuine
I fail to see your logic, Raya, and while this does send my tea cold, it raises the question of your motivations here.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1269, Superb Subtlety wrote:Any other mechanical stuff worth mentioning, Raya?
All for now

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”