Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Superb Subtlety »

In post 1371, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1369, Superb Subtlety wrote:Why don't you say it anyway if it's the truth though

I am looking for a convenient truth
It will only help scum unless it get’s believed which it won’t so no point.
How does it help scum? If you flip town won't it get revealed anyway?

Your play is in line with town!you and if there's a reason that explains the guilty then I am willing to hear you out
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1375, Superb Subtlety wrote:
In post 1369, Superb Subtlety wrote:Why don't you say it anyway if it's the truth though

Your play is in line with town!you and if there's a reason that explains the guilty then I am willing to hear you out
There’s something in my role pm about Koalwang having a winner that affects NAs on me. That’s why I canceled it but it won’t matter, because scum will obviously kill MHTP to try and frame me if I survive this day, so that’s why outing that only helps scum.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 1376, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

There’s something in my role pm about Koalwang having a winner that affects NAs on me. That’s why I canceled it but it won’t matter, because scum will obviously kill MHTP to try and frame me if I survive this day, so that’s why outing that only helps scum.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am

What specifically does it say?
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:47 am

Are you functionally ascetic? Do you redirect to the koalawang winner? What's the deal?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:02 am

In post 1379, Superb Subtlety wrote:Are you functionally ascetic? Do you redirect to the koalawang winner? What's the deal?
I very clearly misunderstood my role pm when I initially got it. :facepalm:

What happens is that I apparently become aesetic or involuntarily commute only on the night where there’s a Koalawang winner but if the game ends without a winner, then I’m not.

There is a redirect tonight on either Penguin or Raya. Which one depends on whether or not Penguin is targeted by other NAs which would in essence cancel it out and would then fall on the runnerup which is of course Raya.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 am

In post 1335, Rathe wrote:
In post 1329, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 1318, Rathe wrote:so smoke and mirrors wasnt neighborized is this correct
This is correct. I have received moderator confirmation that my action was received. I would assume therefore it was actioned appropriately.
k it makes sense to me

VOTE: smoke and mirrors
VOTE: Rathe
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:17 am

In post 948, mastina wrote:
In post 877, Battle Mage wrote:where mastina declared immortality
Funny you should mention immortality given my role. :shifty:
(I gave Krazy three picks, my first which he went with has a strong association with that word.)
In post 794, Noraabear wrote:VOTE: Mastina
this is town and anyone not agreeing with it will be looked at tomorrow after her green flip/scum shot.
Fixed that for you.
In post 807, Raya36 wrote:I don't like all this softclaiming of having such a super strong role. This isn't how town handles having a strong PR on day 1
It is when you know what the role is and the player handling it. :P

I can get away with softing it because scum can't do anything about it.

Claiming the role is sub-optimal D1, but it doesn't really matter
that
much--the play is mostly the same regardless of whether I claim it, don't claim it with softclaims, or don't claim it with no claims. I just prefer the middle option because I like to. :P

I guarantee that were I to claim you would know why I've said everything I have and agree with it, that everything I said was true, that there isn't MUCH of a difference between me claiming it and not claiming it, but that I am right in my assessment that while it doesn't matter much, claiming it on D1 is still notably suboptimal to not claiming it.

Plus, scum aren't gonna
actually
guess my role in spite of the softclaims. They can't. I am so confident that they can't guess my role that it allows me that freedom to softclaim all I like. I can be as blatant as I want with my soft; the scum still won't know what hits 'em until I fullclaim.
In post 831, Superb Subtlety wrote:If anyone else votes there I will hold you personally accountable for what happens afterwards
I mean.
In post 826, Xtoxm wrote:
mastina(5)
~ April Ludgate, Korina, Rathe, Whemestar, Noraabear
The slot has my three scumreads on it in the order of strength on them (April > Korina > Rather strongest to weakest), plus a player who I initially scumread that's prone to OMGUS'ing and tunneling even if the player who scumread them later revisits that read and thinks it to not be true anymore (Noraabear); the only vote there which is clearly town and yet not easily explained is Whemestar.
In post 878, Battle Mage wrote:which means mastina and rathe wagons both on town. to revisit
It's possible rathe is town but rathe is a poe scumread of mine.

I realize rathe is LHF--but the poe is the poe.

Smoke and Mirrors are town by play and town by claim. Their play more recently is less town than I'd prefer, but their early play radiated town in a way I don't think is scum. Even without that, their role is one that I don't think is scum, and we have mod confirmation that it IS a real role. Or close enough. (The mod has confirmed the existence of koalawang being a game mechanic; the prizes for it aren't confirmed but the mod-confirmation of koalawang being a thing confirms the role, the details of the role are frankly irrelevant.)

Superb Subtlety are clearly town here--given my slight doubt in Smoke/Mirrors, I actually am thinking of backing them up. In many ways, they're the inverse to Smoke/Mirrors: instead of starting strong and degrading to 'okay', they started 'okay' and have gotten stronger and stronger later into the day.

WhemeStar's play has radiated town and his claim looks incredibly town.

Raya seems incredibly town by play, natural, at ease, reasonable, having good stances and opinions.

Mad Hatters Tea Party also has looked incredibly town the entire time, start to finish.

Noraabear's play could be scum, but I don't think it is; Noraabear's play overall looks town and the claim is also one that I think is town. Noraabear was dead on the money even if she insists she didn't have a real point when she said that the reactions in that area damn Korina because she handled that area in an incredibly town manner and Korina bluntly, didn't.

PenguinPower and Battle Mage are lesser townreads but still look more town than not.

Which leaves a POE of {TFL, Rathe, Korina, April Ludgate}. Of the four, TFL looks vaguely town albeit not enough to be a real solid townread.

So the POE is {
Rathe
, Korina, April Ludgate}.

I realize for D1 this is probably not a perfect solve, but perfect is the enemy of good and this is good enough of a solve for D1.
Ding ding! :lol:
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:24 am

Sure, I guess

Before I vote anyone I'd like to check if my own role did everything it should have done though
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 am

That's a pretty bad way of phrasing it, tbh

I might as well explain
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:40 am

Post by mastina »

(For the record, I am somewhat skeptical of the claim and still think Smoke/Mirrors should be the elimination.)
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:43 am

With as little detail as possible, I'm collecting mushrooms

I already got 1 (thanks, you know who you are), but I need the other 2. You'll know if you have one. If it comes to it I can start guessing but I don't think that's good for any of us, because I don't want to risk being wrong, and if I guess right and catch you hiding my mushrooms I will end you
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:51 am

In post 1385, mastina wrote:(For the record, I am somewhat skeptical of the claim and still think Smoke/Mirrors should be the elimination.)
See jjh, I told you, now I helped scum and it made no difference :(

UNVOTE:
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:53 am

It was helpful to me

I wanted to know about any possible shenanigans in play that could prevent someone from being targeted by something
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 am

VOTE: Smoke and Mirrors

Fuck it!

If Mastina who has never read me wrong can’t tell this is my towngame, then fucking lim me. My slot will be compromised now even if MHTP gets an inno on me.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:56 am

Can you unvote again; I really don't want the day to end until I've found all the mushrooms
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:01 pm

In post 1388, Superb Subtlety wrote:It was helpful to me

I wanted to know about any possible shenanigans in play that could prevent someone from being targeted by something
Mastina wasn’t in FL vs Hectic where town!Pooky fakeclaimed SK to sort out Hopkirk - a mason and Lunar - town rolestopper. He fakeclaims shit like dayvig all the damn time.

I also had a secret D2 action which can’t be verified which will be revealed once I’m flipped.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm

In post 1390, Superb Subtlety wrote:Can you unvote again; I really don't want the day to end until I've found all the mushrooms
Mastina wants me dead. What mushrooms?

UNVOTE:

Fine. but if I’m going to get miselimed, at least don’t deprive me of the dignity of being on my wagon. I deserve that much.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 1370, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1367, PenguinPower wrote:Open invitation?
Sure go for it, this is probably better than Kolawang anyway.

So we so far have two contenders:

MHTP for saying that according to them, prematurely ending my apparently antitown role hurts town

and 2:

Raya for inexplicably accusing me of rolefishing. Like she’s OOH claiming that I clearly knew about TFL’s neighbourize but then she’s also then not accusing me of saying that to derail my elim but lololol somehow try to “rolefish” her
. Like make up your mind ffs. Yoi either think I’m lying about the neighbourize or you don’t. If you think I’m actually lying about that, there’s absolutely nothing to rolefilsh. Only way that’s even possible is if I’m actually telling the truth because otherwise I’d presumably already know whatever the actual fuck she’s even talking about.

So @Penguin, let’s see if you can top that and you can win the first non-existent
LET’s HAVE FUN TROLLING NANCY PRIZE
. I believe in you dude. Let’s see you top that extremely stiff competition.

lmfaoooo
In the exceptionally unlikely situation that you are town, additional information gained from the day is beneficial to the town.
I may not know you, but I do believe you would not ignore that.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

In post 1377, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1376, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

This information would've been vital sooner, have you crumbed this at all between your heads?
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 pm

In post 1389, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:VOTE: Smoke and Mirrors

Fuck it!

If Mastina who has never read me wrong can’t tell this is my towngame, then fucking lim me. My slot will be compromised now even if MHTP gets an inno on me.
My shot is fired. I cannot glean any further information from a night action.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:13 pm

In post 1392, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1390, Superb Subtlety wrote:Can you unvote again; I really don't want the day to end until I've found all the mushrooms
Mastina wants me dead. What mushrooms?

UNVOTE:

Fine. but if I’m going to get miselimed, at least don’t deprive me of the dignity of being on my wagon. I deserve that much.
The ones I need to collect

3 random people will have received something during night 1 and it'll make my life a whole lot easier if they just said they received something unusual (although not that unusual for a krazy game) at night

I need to submit their names to the mod and it's marginally pro-town for me if I get them all right
I figure that only scum would withhold this from me after I've claimed this, so given enough time I might actually prefer guessing since it would give me the chance to both catch scum and activate my role simultaneously. I've been fishing about but not with any real luck so far
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 pm

It's a bit of a treasure hunt but tbh the bar is not very high so neither is the reward
I kinda expected to have more than 1 at this point
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 pm

I was granted a post restriction for my first post, the pentaly being 2 negative role modifiers (Asectic/Macho) that that helps at all. Mushroom were not mentioned.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1393, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 1370, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1367, PenguinPower wrote:Open invitation?
Sure go for it, this is probably better than Kolawang anyway.

So we so far have two contenders:

MHTP for saying that according to them, prematurely ending my apparently antitown role hurts town

and 2:

Raya for inexplicably accusing me of rolefishing. Like she’s OOH claiming that I clearly knew about TFL’s neighbourize but then she’s also then not accusing me of saying that to derail my elim but lololol somehow try to “rolefish” her
. Like make up your mind ffs. Yoi either think I’m lying about the neighbourize or you don’t. If you think I’m actually lying about that, there’s absolutely nothing to rolefilsh. Only way that’s even possible is if I’m actually telling the truth because otherwise I’d presumably already know whatever the actual fuck she’s even talking about.

So @Penguin, let’s see if you can top that and you can win the first non-existent
LET’s HAVE FUN TROLLING NANCY PRIZE
. I believe in you dude. Let’s see you top that extremely stiff competition.

lmfaoooo
In the exceptionally unlikely situation that you are town, additional information gained from the day is beneficial to the town.
I may not know you, but I do believe you would not ignore that.
That’s right you don’t. In Team Mafia on MU - completely different animal (no pun intended than TM on MS), everyone insisted my team was scum except one of the scum team who white knighted us and I was so pissed at our miselim, I enthusiastically routed for scum. I can be extremely petty when I get disbelieved. I’m glad you think better of me but it’s sadly true.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”